These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

Testing the New Eden Store

First post First post
Author
CCP Lebowski
C C P
C C P Alliance
#1 - 2014-05-12 15:23:49 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Habakuk
Greetings Capsuleers!

Starting today a build containing an updated in-game store will be available for public testing on the Singularity test server (The server is currently in VIP and will be open to the public very shortly).

The New Eden Store (previously known as the NEX Store) is part of a revamp and simplification of how we offer items like ship skins, clothing and, in the future, services like character re-sculpting and multiple character training. We plan to offer a number of interesting and unique items through the store, and eventually include many of the services you now use through Account Management and through the PLEX right-click menu.

To improve the user experience, the Noble Exchange store will be replaced with the New Eden Store and we will move all AURUM currency (AUR) from characters into your account. The store will be a place where you the player (as opposed to your characters) will shop.

In this first step, you’ll be able to use AUR to purchase various items such as custom ship skins and apparel. In the future you will be able to use either AUR or PLEX to pay for various items and services through this store. All AUR in all your character’s wallets will be collected and added to the AUR balance on your user account where it can spent by any characters on that account. Any AURUM tokens or PLEX that are yet to be converted to AUR will not be touched, but after the change converting these will add the AUR to your combined users balance and not to the character who converts it.

Please note that the prices are by no means final and may be subject to change.

More information about the New Eden Store and the items you can get through it will be provided in an upcoming dev blog.

To help ensure the quality of this feature we will be running a mass test on the Singularity test server today, Monday, May 12th, at 17:00-19:00 UTC (EVE time). Anyone who completes a transaction in the New Eden Store during this time will receive 500,000 free skill points on each character on their account on Singularity, to use as they wish.

What exactly is being tested?
  • The New Eden Store
  • Redeeming Queue UI changes

How to connect to Singularity for this test:

Test steps:
  • Launch Singularity client using the launcher (Required to access the New Eden Store).
  • Open the New Eden Store, either from the Character Selection Screen (Noble Exchange Button) or through the Neocom (Business -> Noble Exchange). NOTE: The station services NeX Store button will still open the old store. Please ignore.
  • Browse the Store and attempt to buy various items.
  • Redeem bought items via the redeeming queue.

What else should I know?
  • Skill points will be awarded on Singularity for this mass test

• Current Known Issues
  • PLEX and AUR tokens do not currently convert to AUR successfully (We will be providing each account on Sisi plenty of AUR to test with)
  • The category filtering currently does nothing.
  • NOTE: Any bugs found that are not related to the New Eden store should not be reported! This build was specifically created to test the New Eden Store and as such anything and everything else may be broken.
  • Each offer in the store has one extra product which will not be received during purchase.
  • The redeeming queue UI does not update when dragging items out to a character.
  • The redeeming ui does not work in the inventory window
  • Some store items do not have images.

As always any feedback you have can be posted in this thread, along with any issues you run into (Please submit bug reports in game for any store issues you come across that are not listed above. The bug report window is not displayed in the store but you can still take a screenshot using CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+P). We will read all your posts and help out wherever possible. Thanks for your continued help!

CCP Lebowski | EVE Quality Assurance | Team Five-0

@CCP_Lebowski

Escobar Slim III
YOLOSWAGHASHTAGDOLLARBILLZSWIMMINGPOOLICECREAMS
#2 - 2014-05-12 15:27:48 UTC
I have a potion for that I be there I thinks. Anything for a free deal.
Tragot Gomndor
Three Sword Inc
#3 - 2014-05-12 15:30:37 UTC
950MB patch for a ingame shop? :P i hope thats not all we get on sisi

NONONONONONO TO CAPS IN HIGHSEC NO

Japsert
Bob Ross Corporation
#4 - 2014-05-12 15:35:24 UTC
Sounds good, Titans for sale in the NE Store? NES
UltimateAmbush
Moon Iron Corporation
#5 - 2014-05-12 15:39:23 UTC
Good thing Nex Store is being revmapped, I will say much needed but as it goes i will say SERIOUSLY consider your pricing for items. I wanted to buy a certain type of clothing for my small corp, upon doing research thru market ( not a good idea) i was so excited to buy 2-3 particular items, when i do go check Nex Store, clothing is not available (making me thing those were handed out by CCP) second prices were ridiculous, one of the item was almost a plex worth and I am not spending 700M+ or 20$ on a clothing item that is only included in my portrait.

Since right now your clothing only matters in potrait so many ppl might not even bother buying those overpriced clothes. A ship skins is cheaper and almost every one can see your ships skins. But not everyone can see how u r dressed. Taken this in consideration pls to lower clothing price and offer all the clothing items that are currently avilable under market.
Kenneth Feld
Habitual Euthanasia
Pandemic Legion
#6 - 2014-05-12 15:40:38 UTC
We going to be able to transfer aurum anytime soon?

I have a bunch of accounts with whatever free aurum you gave out like 2 years ago. each account really doesn't have enough to buy anything, but together, I could get a nice pair of boots or something.
Morwen Lagann
Tyrathlion Interstellar
#7 - 2014-05-12 15:44:20 UTC
CCP Lebowski wrote:

• NOTE: Any bugs found that are not related to the New Eden store should not be reported! This build was specifically created to test the New Eden Store and as such anything and everything else may be broken.

• This needs some fancy coloring and boldface and giant neon lights to emphasize it more. ;)

Morwen Lagann

CEO, Tyrathlion Interstellar

Coordinator, Arataka Research Consortium

Owner, The Golden Masque

Hxgn
    Macabre Votum
    Northern Coalition.
    #8 - 2014-05-12 16:02:13 UTC
    Yeah ummm, can you also add 100000 PLEX to the "winnings" if you participate? That would be just as useful as getting the SP.

Calm like a bomb...

Maichin Civire
    #9 - 2014-05-12 16:08:09 UTC
    Hxgn wrote:
    Yeah ummm, can you also add 100000 PLEX to the "winnings" if you participate? That would be just as useful as getting the SP.

Nope

I need these SP.
    CCP Lebowski
    C C P
    C C P Alliance
    #10 - 2014-05-12 16:09:54 UTC
    Ok VIP has been lifted, test away!

NOTE: We are in the process of providing lots of AURUM to every character on Sisi. You may find that this has yet to happen on your account so please be patient, this should be completed within the next hour. A relog will be required for the free AUR to appear.

CCP Lebowski | EVE Quality Assurance | Team Five-0

@CCP_Lebowski

darmwand
    Stay Frosty.
    A Band Apart.
    #11 - 2014-05-12 16:13:40 UTC
    Finally some more microtransactions!

"The pen is mightier than the sword if the sword is very short, and the pen is very sharp."

Maichin Civire
    #12 - 2014-05-12 16:14:12 UTC
    CCP, I've found new transport ships (Wiyrkomi Tayra, Tash-Murkon Bestower, Inner Zone Shipping Iteron, Nefantar Mammoth). What are these?
    chaosjj
    Doomheim
    #13 - 2014-05-12 16:17:16 UTC
    no new moa and typhoon... when will they arrive?
    Titus Tallang
    EVE University
    Ivy League
    #14 - 2014-05-12 16:18:24 UTC
    Bug: None of the buttons in the header bar work.

Complaint: Please don't put a "Redeem Items" button into the inventory. I intentionally have some items in my redeeming system for when I might need them. I don't want a disruptive button on my inventory screen for this.

Suggestion: Put the Noble Exchange under "Accessories", not under "Business". "Business" has always been related to things in-game (Agent Finder, Contracts, etc.) I don't think it fits.

General feedback: Purchased a BPC. It shows up. Purchases seem to work.

Director of Education - EVE University - http://wiki.eveuniversity.org/

Maichin Civire
    #15 - 2014-05-12 16:19:38 UTC
    Titus Tallang wrote:
    Bug: None of the buttons in the header bar work.

Complaint: Please don't put a "Redeem Items" button into the inventory. I intentionally have some items in my redeeming system for when I might need them. I don't want a disruptive button on my inventory screen for this.

Suggestion: Put the Noble Exchange under "Accessories", not under "Business". "Business" has always been related to things in-game (Agent Finder, Contracts, etc.) I don't think it fits.

General feedback: Purchased a BPC. It shows up. Purchases seem to work.

Quote:
    To help ensure the quality of this feature we will be running a mass test on the Singularity test server today, Monday, May 12th, at 17:00-19:00 UTC (EVE time). Anyone who completes a transaction in the New Eden Store during this time will receive 500,000 free skill points on each character on their account on Singularity, to use as they wish.

It's not the time yet :P
    CCP Goliath
    C C P
    C C P Alliance
    #16 - 2014-05-12 16:26:58 UTC
    Maichin Civire wrote:
    CCP, I've found new transport ships (Wiyrkomi Tayra, Tash-Murkon Bestower, Inner Zone Shipping Iteron, Nefantar Mammoth). What are these?

These were ship skins granted to HD Fanfest Stream customers, I believe.

CCP Goliath | QA Director | EVE Illuminati | @CCP_Goliath

CCP Goliath
    C C P
    C C P Alliance
    #17 - 2014-05-12 16:27:58 UTC
    chaosjj wrote:
    no new moa and typhoon... when will they arrive?

As has been said above, this is a build specifically designed to test the new store. Expect no new content other than the store in this build. Will have a better update on the time for other new and shiny things later this week.

CCP Goliath | QA Director | EVE Illuminati | @CCP_Goliath

Azami Nevinyrall
    #18 - 2014-05-12 16:28:58 UTC
    Are you guys working on a SP re-allocation/Name change?

Turelus
    Utassi Security
    The Curatores Veritatis Auxiliary
    #19 - 2014-05-12 16:33:19 UTC
    Just loaded up the new store and I have to say I really like the new layout, looks interesting and easy to navigate. Annoyingly nothing works right now though when trying to browse categories.

I'll be keeping an eye on the development of it and will do my best to make any mass tests.

Turelus CEO Utassi Security

TheMercenaryKing
    Collapsed Out
    Pandemic Legion
    #20 - 2014-05-12 16:33:55 UTC
    moving forward, can we get singularity patch notes?
    123Next pageLast page