These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

A message regarding vandalism of the EVE Universe Monument

First post First post First post
Author
Stitcher
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#161 - 2014-05-08 08:57:17 UTC
I'm picturing elves in DUST dropsuits with a couple of drones in backup.

tbh, come next year, CCP should make a big joke about the whole thing by erecting a barbed wire fence, cameras, and burly men in dark glasses to glare at anybody who wants to visit the monument. Defeat vandalism with mockery.

AKA Hambone

Author of The Deathworlders

Wacktopia
Fleet-Up.com
Keep It Simple Software Group
#162 - 2014-05-08 09:00:47 UTC
Was sad to hear about this happening.

Good response CCP.

Kitchen sink? Seriousy, get your ship together -  Fleet-Up.com

Balkor Wolf
Doomheim
#163 - 2014-05-08 09:16:19 UTC
Erufen Rito wrote:
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
Glad to hear no naming will be done, seems appropriate all round.
Cheers for the update Falcon

And this is how you avoid mass shootings.

Thanks CCP, for taking care of this in the utmost professional way.

Another good way to avoid mass shootings is by not giving everyone a gun. Works quite well.
RaTTuS
BIG
#164 - 2014-05-08 10:53:55 UTC
was disgusted to hear about this and I feel the resolution to be correct

http://eveboard.com/ub/419190933-134.png http://i.imgur.com/kYLoKrM.png

Dav Varan
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#165 - 2014-05-08 11:27:20 UTC

Sorry to hear about your loss.

It really sucks when something beautiful you spent time creating gets destoryed by the actions of others and there didn't seem to be anything put in place by those in authority to stop it happening in the first place.

At least the Police are there to provide consequnces.

Schmata Bastanold
In Boobiez We Trust
#166 - 2014-05-08 11:35:02 UTC
Dav Varan wrote:

Sorry to hear about your loss.

It really sucks when something beautiful you spent time creating gets destoryed by the actions of others and there didn't seem to be anything put in place by those in authority to stop it happening in the first place.

At least the Police are there to provide consequnces.

I know I am reading too much into this but that really sounds like not-so-stealth anti-ganking whine. But it cannot be it, you are in Spiritus Draconis after all, right?

Invalid signature format

Warr Akini
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#167 - 2014-05-08 11:58:17 UTC
As much as those -directly- responsible for the act have rightfully earned the ire of the community, CCP Falcon's behavior and posting indicate a very clear anger - an anger that should have led to him recusing himself from impartial judgment in this situation.
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#168 - 2014-05-08 12:54:01 UTC
Warr Akini wrote:
As much as those -directly- responsible for the act have rightfully earned the ire of the community, CCP Falcon's behavior and posting indicate a very clear anger - an anger that should have led to him recusing himself from impartial judgment in this situation.

Anger doesn't prevent impartiality, and I doubt you'd find anyone at CCP who doesn't feel the same way he does.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Warr Akini
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#169 - 2014-05-08 13:07:53 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Warr Akini wrote:

Anger doesn't prevent impartiality, and I doubt you'd find anyone at CCP who doesn't feel the same way he does.

I'm perfectly willing to stipulate to the second half of your sentence - I myself am nothing short of furious that a couple of idiots couldn't be even remotely cool. But I don't think you can in any way argue that a demonstrated emotional attachment to the issue does not constitute at least a basis for bias.
Abrazzar
Vardaugas Family
#170 - 2014-05-08 13:12:08 UTC
CCP is not obligated to neutrality like a court of law. Anger them at your own peril.
Warr Akini
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#171 - 2014-05-08 13:23:52 UTC
Abrazzar wrote:
CCP is not obligated to neutrality like a court of law. Anger them at your own peril.

If CCP wants to take the HTFU line when it comes to violations of such an important real life connotation, then that's their prerogative, arguments of law in the real world notwithstanding - but that should make very clear which emotions guide decisions up in Reykjavik, something worth taking into consideration.
Seven Koskanaiken
Shadow Legions.
#172 - 2014-05-08 13:25:37 UTC
mkint wrote:
Hmm... some of the guys involved turned themselves in, and still got perma-banned? Not condoning what they did in any way whatsoever, but doesn't such a harsh response disincentivize people in the future from admitting to what they've done while drunk?

"Turn yourself in and I'll go easy" is a staple hustle of 3rd grade teachers the world over, so if they didn't learn by now chances are they never will.
CCP Falcon
#173 - 2014-05-08 13:26:31 UTC
Warr Akini wrote:

Anger? No.

Disappointment that this happened? Absolutely.

CCP Falcon || EVE Universe Community Manager || @CCP_Falcon

Happy Birthday To FAWLTY7! <3

Ritsum
Perkone
Caldari State
#174 - 2014-05-08 13:36:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Ritsum
For those complaining about permaband's, you need to watch this instructional youtube video done by CCP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgvM7av1o1Q

Cool

Play EvE how you want to play it and do not let others dictate how you play. Evolve your playstyle to protect yourself from others! Even in "PVE", "PVP" is there, lurking in the shadows.

Warr Akini
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#175 - 2014-05-08 13:43:31 UTC
CCP Falcon wrote:
Warr Akini wrote:

Anger? No.

As much as I appreciate the sentiment and your post, the disappointed dad routine just doesn't jive with the 'swift hammer of justice' vibe. I believe you may have acted hastily and rashly, and while you have no obligation to explain yourself to me, I believe it necessary to point out this extremely possible scenario.
CCP Falcon
#176 - 2014-05-08 13:44:26 UTC
Warr Akini wrote:
CCP Falcon wrote:
Warr Akini wrote:

Anger? No.

As much as I appreciate the sentiment and your post, the disappointed dad routine just doesn't jive with the 'swift hammer of justice' vibe. I believe you may have acted hastily and rashly, and while you have no obligation to explain yourself to me, I believe it necessary to point out this extremely possible scenario.

Thanks for your opinion on the matter. Smile

CCP Falcon || EVE Universe Community Manager || @CCP_Falcon

Happy Birthday To FAWLTY7! <3

Warr Akini
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#177 - 2014-05-08 13:45:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Warr Akini
CCP Falcon wrote:

Thanks for your opinion on the matter. Smile

And thanks for duly responding.
Jasmine Assasin
The Holy Rollers
#178 - 2014-05-08 13:52:46 UTC
Glad that this was taken care of, hopefully no one goes for a repeat performance next year.
The Slayer
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#179 - 2014-05-08 15:03:19 UTC  |  Edited by: The Slayer
I fly with probably the largest group of griefing assholes in this game and i think i speak for all of us when i say good riddance to these worthless wastes of space. Being an ******* in game does not mean i think vandalising **** IRL is big or clever.

I don't think this punishment was too severe, if anything in CCPs shoes i would be pursuing reimbursement from the individuals for the damages done on top of the permabans.
The Slayer
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#180 - 2014-05-08 15:14:50 UTC
And further to this the peopke saying "they handed themselves in you should go easy on them" - they are. Remember what these guys did was criminal damage. CCP could potentially have pressed variouz crininal charges on these guys which at the least would have made international travel very inconvenient for them in the future.