These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

New dev blog: You people really do love blowing up spaceships.

First post First post
Author
Tanya Powers
Doomheim
#121 - 2011-12-02 16:19:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Tanya Powers
CCP Diagoras wrote:
Arkady Sadik wrote:

Maybe we can get some current numbers from CCP? Weapons and ships used this year?

(Final blow is a bit tricky, as high RoF skews that a lot :-))

Final blows, weapon type, 2011 only, PVP only:

Group:
Projectile Weapon 1,455,484
Energy Weapon 392,605
Hybrid Weapon 250,858
Combat Drone 221,329
Heavy Missile 203,896

Type:
425mm AutoCannon II 388,602
220mm Vulcan AutoCannon II 207,378
200mm AutoCannon II 163,613
150mm Light AutoCannon II 144,349
720mm Howitzer Artillery II 136,879

By ship type scoring the final blow:
Hurricane 378,864
Drake 272,204
Sabre 124,472
Dramiel 118,128
Vagabond 117,136
Cynabal 113,905
Abaddon 80,659
Tengu 79,493
Harbinger 71,286
Rifter 67,721

Shocked

While I think I did fine by finally cross train to get the most obvious overpowered ships in the game, I'm not loosing hope that maybe in about one year or so I'll see hybrid platforms and guns mixed on that top 10
EDIT: Projectiles being used for about 400% more than lasers 500% over hybrids and apparently missiles need some lovin because of KM's Blink

Good work guys, those numbers are interesting for (civilised) discussion and understanding of mechanics and players tactical reaction to changes.
Poetic Stanziel
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#122 - 2011-12-02 16:27:57 UTC
Tanya Powers wrote:
High sec kills = most of them (% ????) grieff kills? (noobs corp, miners gank, missioners gank)

Prove that pvp isn't there where it should be the strongest, and that a lot of people's argument "high sec=reward with no risk" is empty of sense and propaganda for little jerks.

Then think about average player, corp, alliance income in high sec

Then think about average low/null sec player, corp, alliance income

Only thing I see in those numbers is that something is fundamentally wrong or not working has intended because of players driven content - read in this comment "jerks who know how to counter game mechanics in high sec and refuse to put on the line their wealth for player driven content"

Another like low/null player driven content not working properly, not has intended or stagnation because of players inability to rework their own null sec/low sec content, rules, or methods. Changes are needed so it becomes less safer but also less tedious/boring.

Drastic changes are needed to put players driven content on the right path because has long has is easier to counter mechanics than follow them to get the KM's doses, that player driven content will always privilege the easiest way to get it.

WHAT??!?
Rip Minner
ARMITAGE Logistics Salvage and Industries
#123 - 2011-12-02 16:35:02 UTC
Ya baby thats right us High sec carebears are going though more ships then anyone alse :P Bear

I had a good laugh at this one Big smile

Is it a rock point a lazer at it and profit. Is it a ship point a lazer at it and profit. I dont see any problems here.

Jack Dant
The Gentlemen of Low Moral Fibre
#124 - 2011-12-02 16:35:32 UTC
Tanya Powers wrote:
Alara IonStorm wrote:
High Sec PVE 6,317,926

Null Sec PVP 7,061,988

Shocked

High sec kills = most of them (% ????) grieff kills? (noobs corp, miners gank, missioners gank)

PVE kills = player ships killed by rats, not PVE fits killed by players.

And if you check the types, almost half of them are t1 frigs and destroyers, most likely newbies dying in level 1 missions.

Isn't there a tutorial mission that instapops your ship?

What happens in lowsec, stays in lowsec, lowering the barrier to entry to lowsec PVP: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=476644&#post476644

Jarnis McPieksu
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#125 - 2011-12-02 16:51:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Jarnis McPieksu
CCP Xhagen wrote:
Unforgiven Storm wrote:
All these numbers are great but what happen to the quarterly economic newsletter from Dr. Eyjo?

The overhead of getting the QEN out was simply too much to continue the publication in the same format. The plan forward is to provide the fun information contained in the QENs via devblogs such as CCP Diagoras' blog and CCP Recurve's blog.

We don't need shiny PDFs with pretty pictures.

We need DATA, with perhaps some analysis thrown in. However, I'm sure our Market PeeVeePee experts are ready to step in as analysts if just the data is made available.

Statistics. More. Monthly or quarterly. To see long term trends and big picture develop. Stuff that cannot be seen from just a few Jita market graphs.
Meissa Anunthiel
Redshift Industrial
Rooks and Kings
#126 - 2011-12-02 16:54:54 UTC
Jarnis McPieksu wrote:
CCP Xhagen wrote:
Unforgiven Storm wrote:
All these numbers are great but what happen to the quarterly economic newsletter from Dr. Eyjo?

The overhead of getting the QEN out was simply too much to continue the publication in the same format. The plan forward is to provide the fun information contained in the QENs via devblogs such as CCP Diagoras' blog and CCP Recurve's blog.

We don't need shiny PDFs with pretty pictures.

We need DATA, with perhaps some analysis thrown in. However, I'm sure our Market PeeVeePee experts are ready to step in as analysts if just the data is made available.

Statistics. More. Monthly or quarterly. To see long term trends and big picture develop. Stuff that cannot be seen from just a few Jita market graphs.

The good thing about those market PvP analysts is that they produce about as many different conclusions as there are analysts :-)

Otherwise I agree, data is paramount.

Member of CSM 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7

CCP Diagoras
C C P
C C P Alliance
#127 - 2011-12-02 16:57:04 UTC
Grarr Dexx wrote:
The top 5 active regions since 2007, and maybe include a top 5 for just 2010 so we can see the most recent full year.

Top 5, kills by region, PVP only, since Trinity:
Syndicate 673,704
Sinq Laison 625,629
Heimatar 624,737
Lonetrek 552,527
The Citadel 538,020

Just null sec:
Syndicate 673,704
Curse 486,395
Pure Blind 477,884
Catch 453,397
Providence 450,611

Top 5, 2011 so far:

All regions:
Syndicate 138,196
Lonetrek 135,883
Fountain 131,061
Sinq Laison 126,755
Delve 126,536

Null sec only:
Syndicate 138,196
Fountain 131,061
Delve 126,536
Curse 124,667
Catch 118,890
CCP Diagoras
C C P
C C P Alliance
#128 - 2011-12-02 16:58:20 UTC
Cynthia Ysolde wrote:
CCP Diagoras wrote:
Klausan wrote:
Cynthia Ysolde wrote:
Euriti wrote:

Is it possible to make a list based on supercapital kills (ie titans and supercarriers) only?

Thanks

By character as well would be nice. But thisthisthisthis

Thanks for all the info so far, can we still have these numbers please :)

I'll think about it. P

Maybe for a thousand forum likes. Let's barter.

i gave you one and that's all you're getting!

Love me. Cry
Kassasis Dakkstromri
State War Academy
Caldari State
#129 - 2011-12-02 16:59:33 UTC
CCP Diagoras wrote:
First post! :D

I'll try and give info that I can in this thread. No promises though!

Just wanted to say thank you for posting these numbers!

Would be great to get this every six months or even annually; even a break down between Milita, Low Sec Pirating, 0.0 Alliances, and Hi Sec suicide gankers?

Again, thanks for the blog!

CCP you are bad at EVE... Stop potential silliness ~ Solo Wulf

Tyrrax Thorrk
Guiding Hand Social Club
#130 - 2011-12-02 16:59:44 UTC
Tegho wrote:
What stands out the most to me is Loren Gallen, an '08 player, is #3 in kills, while #1 and 2 are both '03 players. Props to you Loren.

I dont see anyone asking, but this is EVE, I know the rest of you want the other end of this story too. The biggest losers. While I doubt CCP is cruel enough to list the names, a run down on the numbers at the opposite end of the spectrum would be good for laughs.

if you go by (current market) isk value of ships lost i'm the biggest loser by far xD
CCP Diagoras
C C P
C C P Alliance
#131 - 2011-12-02 17:08:07 UTC
Kassasis Dakkstromri wrote:

Would be great to get this every six months or even annually; even a break down between Milita, Low Sec Pirating, 0.0 Alliances, and Hi Sec suicide gankers?

My pleasure! I had forgotten about the militias/FW....

FW kills, total:
Amarr Empire 186,111
Caldari State 193,874
Gallente Federation 197,173
Minmatar Republic 198,576

FW kills, 2011 so far:
Amarr Empire 42,999
Caldari State 34,457
Gallente Federation 39,462
Minmatar Republic 45,010
Zandramus
Quiet.Storm
#132 - 2011-12-02 17:08:22 UTC
Alara IonStorm wrote:
Sarina Berghil wrote:
So, who won Eve? And maybe more importantly who lost Eve?

Fun stats, I'm surprised Drake losses are so high.

Those numbers count PvE loses as well.

Drake 505,263
Hurricane 331,441

The Hurricane is not used as often for PvE. In PvP it often uses speed to disengage when it is loosing. Finally the Drake is often used as a large fleet ship in cheap human wave tactics where ships like the Geddon and the Abbadon who cost 3-4 times as much wreck them.

All combined as the most used ship in the game it would have the highest loses.

The Drake is the 1995 Honda civic of New Eden by these statistics.

Zandramus
Largo Coronet
Perkone
Caldari State
#133 - 2011-12-02 17:15:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Largo Coronet
Unless you already took it into account,and filtered for it, you may want to edit out blue-on-blue kills when it comes to capsules. The number of times I've left a friendly undock and found bodies not because of some skirmish but instead due to it being market day in Jita (or time for a fleet op in a different region) is legion.

"Pod please."
"Okay, got you covered."
"OH S... I'M IN AN ALPHA CLONE/FORGOT I HAVE IMPLANTS!"
"Oops." Pirate

Good times.

This is my signature. There are many others like it, but this one is mine.

Someday, this signature may save my life.

Archetype 66
Perkone
Caldari State
#134 - 2011-12-02 17:15:37 UTC
Archetype 66 wrote:
CCP Diagoras, may we have the top kills / final blow for Char / Corp / Alliance per Day / Month pleassssssse ? :) Oops (6 numbers)

"theKiller" 235 kill in a day / "The fanatic" 2276 kills in a month

If we can't have those numbers, may you give us at least which day was the bloody sunday ?

Most kills recorded in a day / month ?
Celebris Nexterra
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#135 - 2011-12-02 17:30:45 UTC
Hahahahahahahahaha omg I freaking lost it when I saw the rainbow over the Industrials slice xD!

Great blog, interesting stats.
Wiu Ming
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#136 - 2011-12-02 17:54:44 UTC
gotta love that pink/rainbow pie slice for indys...
Kassasis Dakkstromri
State War Academy
Caldari State
#137 - 2011-12-02 17:58:40 UTC
CCP Diagoras wrote:
Kassasis Dakkstromri wrote:

My pleasure! I had forgotten about the militias/FW....

FW kills, total:
Amarr Empire 186,111
Caldari State 193,874
Gallente Federation 197,173
Minmatar Republic 198,576

FW kills, 2011 so far:
Amarr Empire 42,999
Caldari State 34,457
Gallente Federation 39,462
Minmatar Republic 45,010

It would really be great if you could update your Devblog for my militia buddies that probably won't see your reply here in this thread... :)

CCP you are bad at EVE... Stop potential silliness ~ Solo Wulf

Lors Dornick
Kallisti Industries
#138 - 2011-12-02 18:00:58 UTC
Archetype 66 wrote:

If we can't have those numbers, may you give us at least which day was the bloody sunday ?

Most kills recorded in a day / month ?

This would really be cool.

CCP Greyscale: As to starbases, we agree it's pretty terrible, but we don't want to delay the entire release just for this one factor.

Eru GoEller
State War Academy
Caldari State
#139 - 2011-12-02 18:04:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Eru GoEller
Malcanis wrote:
CCP Diagoras wrote:
DeBingJos wrote:
All hail our new overlord Turbofield eehmmm Diagoras I mean!!

Is it possible to get the amount of kill by player density?

Highsec has a lot of kills, but also a much higher population than null or low. Can you divide the kills by player density and show them?

DeBingJos.

Well, I filtered the information based on data at midnight last night to get the number of characters with more than 5 million SP by security group, then fetched the number of fill reports per sec group during November (just November this year), which gave the following...

Kill reports per character during November 2011 by sec group:

High sec: 0.67
Low sec: 3.04
Null sec: 2.29
Wormhole space: 1.03

More very useful information, thank you.

I wonder if the raw data dump might be made accessible? It would be glorious if someone were to use it to make a timelapsed animation of PvP shiploss... great battles flaring like supernovae, roaring wildfires tracking the course of the major wars, the steadily glowing gems of Rancer, Ammameke and the trade hubs.

Something along the lines what is done here?: http://www.gapminder.org/

Edit: Notes to self: Remember to put the link in next time!
Theqwert125
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#140 - 2011-12-02 18:06:50 UTC
Subcapital kills with doomsdays as the final blows since Dominion?