These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Dev Blog: Giving Drones an Assist

First post First post
Author
Wibla
Tactical Narcotics Team
#21 - 2014-04-01 17:50:36 UTC
So when are you rebalancing ishtars?
mynnna
State War Academy
Caldari State
#22 - 2014-04-01 17:50:52 UTC
Grarr Dexx wrote:
So how about giving drone assist back to pirates in lowsec?

As I feel bad for the residents of lowsec, I'll have you know that I'm not only lobbying for lowsec assist to be fixed but also for the cap to be removed in lowsec only. If I'm successful, you, too, will be able to experience the pinnacle of elite pvp.

Member of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal

Capqu
Half Empty
xqtywiznalamywmodxfhhopawzpqyjdwrpeptuaenabjawdzku
#23 - 2014-04-01 17:51:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Capqu
none of this explains why heavy (read: at LEAST a cruise sized weapon system) drones have the same tracking as an interceptor, and why the damage:range:tracking statistics of sentries are way above any other weapon system in the game

i mean are you happy with the fact that an interceptor cannot scram a ratting ishtar for more than 2 seconds if he drops heavies? ignoring the change made to npc ai a while back that is

are you happy with the fact that warrior iis are less scary than garde iis for frigates? give the bigger drones some kind of nerf against small targets please. gun signature resolution, tracking, scan resolution, please i'll take anything
Omnathious Deninard
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#24 - 2014-04-01 17:54:42 UTC
Wasn't there also some talk about increasing the Optimal Range on heavy drones also?

If you don't follow the rules, neither will I.

Antoine Jordan
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#25 - 2014-04-01 17:55:45 UTC
TrouserDeagle wrote:

when are my 8km/s warrior IIs going to be able to kill a 5km/s frigate?

this is what I was talking about! I don't think I fully understand the mechanics behind why it happens, though.
TrouserDeagle
Beyond Divinity Inc
Shadow Cartel
#26 - 2014-04-01 17:57:37 UTC
Antoine Jordan wrote:
TrouserDeagle wrote:

when are my 8km/s warrior IIs going to be able to kill a 5km/s frigate?

this is what I was talking about! I don't think I fully understand the mechanics behind why it happens, though.

it's because drones MWD to the target, then MWD off, then the target flies 50km away and takes no damage, and then the drones MWD up to them again, etc. they are very infrequently in range to hit the target.

basically CCP are bad and it's too difficult to fix it or something when they can buff mining barges instead.
Marcel Devereux
Aideron Robotics
Aideron Robotics.
#27 - 2014-04-01 17:57:38 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Looking forward to all your feedback. CCP Rise and I have been working hard on these changes and we think they'll be great for the drone ecosystem as a whole.

If this is a troll I will pod you!

Quote:
We are also splitting the current Combat Drone Operation skill into two new skills, Light Drone Operation and Medium Drone Operation. This means that all light combat drones will now be unlocked and bonused from the Light Drone Operation skill, and medium combat drones will be unlocked and bonused from the Medium Drone Operation skill. During the patch downtime, existing players with the Combat Drone Operation skill trained will receive both new skills trained to the same level that their Combat Drone Operation skill was trained to.

Be aware of the side effect this is going to have on new players wanting to fly the Algos. To reach its full potential you will need to train both light and medium drones. This previously was done with one skill but now will require two. Same thing goes for the Vexor. In both cases you will need to train for three weapon system to fully use the ship. This is not new player friendly.

Are you going to change the bandwidth/bonus on these ships?
Obil Que
Star Explorers
Solis Tenebris
#28 - 2014-04-01 17:58:20 UTC
If racial drone skills will now be required to use T2 sentries, will those with Sentry Drone Interfacing V been getting any skills credited for racial drones or will they simply lose access to any drones they do not have the racial skills already trained for?
Djeli
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#29 - 2014-04-01 17:59:00 UTC
While each item listed has always been a concern for me for years, I would like to see other things addressed too. While the Tristan has had a special place in my heart since beta and still does, I always felt uncomfortable how an anti-frigate weapon is on this frigate in such quantity. I am glad for the inventive controls CCP has introduced into the game since then in terms of drone bay and drone bandwidth, but to me it sits better if the Tristan were changed to a repair effectiveness bonus and being the little brother to the brutix and hyperion.

I forsee the vexor now having a change to medium and light drone damage and hopefully a drone bandwidth change to match. Heavy drones felt a bit out of place on a Vexor, another favorite of mine. Fortunately with the change proposed changes, that can easily be rectified if so desired.
Mindo Junde
Somnium Vita
#30 - 2014-04-01 17:59:34 UTC
Look interesting. One thing though

If you want the integrated drones to be more used, then i suggest you allow the bpc's to drop in more places, at reduced rates, in other areas of EVE.
Womyn Power
Broski Bad End
#31 - 2014-04-01 17:59:39 UTC
when can we expect missile application lows or mids? or even missile range lows or mids?

it's pretty hilarious drones are getting omni lows before missiles get any kind of application that isn't a rig

how about a t3 bc that uses missiles?

how about un-nerfing heavies?

the drake wasn't anywhere near what you've made the ishtar
Ammzi
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#32 - 2014-04-01 17:59:40 UTC
> buffing supers

why, god. Why
Angry Mustache
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#33 - 2014-04-01 18:01:21 UTC
All hail wyvernfleet.

An official Member of the Goonswarm Federation Complaints Department.

TrouserDeagle
Beyond Divinity Inc
Shadow Cartel
#34 - 2014-04-01 18:01:56 UTC
Ammzi wrote:
> buffing supers

why, god. Why

they're also buffing broken level 5 mission running carriers
Chris Winter
Bene Gesserit ChapterHouse
The Curatores Veritatis Auxiliary
#35 - 2014-04-01 18:02:55 UTC
Overall looks good. Only part that bothered me was this:
Quote:
Currently drones are a very skill-intensive weapon system, thanks to the legacy of the original drone implementation years ago.

So you're fixing the fact that drones are very skill-intensive by...adding another drone skill that newbies will need to train in order to use medium drones?
iskflakes
#36 - 2014-04-01 18:03:01 UTC
Will supers be able to fit a 10 fighters and 10 fighter bombers simultaneously?

This seems like a good buff.

-

Midori Tsu
Evolution
Northern Coalition.
#37 - 2014-04-01 18:04:34 UTC
Obil Que wrote:
If racial drone skills will now be required to use T2 sentries, will those with Sentry Drone Interfacing V been getting any skills credited for racial drones or will they simply lose access to any drones they do not have the racial skills already trained for?

I'm worried about this as well.
Gizznitt Malikite
Agony Unleashed
Agony Empire
#38 - 2014-04-01 18:07:37 UTC
Ammzi wrote:
> buffing supers

why, god. Why

Are they truly buffing supers?

Quote:
To compensate for these changes, the base damage of Fighters and Fighter Bombers is being reduced. Fighters will find that with Drone Interfacing trained to five their basic damage returns to normal and all the other skills and bonuses from Drone Damage Amplifiers are pure additions. Fighter Bombers will need Drone Interfacing 5 and two Tech Two Drone Damage Amplifiers to slightly surpass their current damage rates, and any additional or higher quality Drone Damage Amplifiers will increase their damage above and beyond current maximums.

Carriers are getting a pretty significant buff.

Supercarriers are getting a nerf. They need to use 2 lows for DDA2's to maintain their current damage level. That means Aeons and Nyx's either have significantly reduced damage (-40%) or must sacrifice a HUGE amount of tank (-2 Hardeners) to maintain their current damage output.

That's one hell of a ******* nerf!
Taru Audeles
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#39 - 2014-04-01 18:07:52 UTC
Don't you guys have some REAL bugs to fix ?
Nice waist of time writing such bullshit that never will make it into the game. Do your jobs guys and actually FIX some stuff.

And NO this is not an april first post. At least mine is not X
Lucas Quaan
Descendance.
GoonSwarm.
#40 - 2014-04-01 18:08:15 UTC
Those lowslot omnis, will they be a passive unscripted equivalent to TEs?