These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Jester Trek Latest Blog

First post First post
Author
Kristalll
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#6881 - 2014-03-28 03:35:52 UTC
Pew Terror wrote:
Mike Azariah wrote:
and none of you find the name of the twitch stream offensive?

history weeps

m

Naming yourself after the event that started the mass slaughter of jews...
Seriously sometimes i wonder where society is going with online interaction becoming the norm for a large percentage of people.

Because forgetting the past is better?

“Die trying” is the proudest human thing.

Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#6882 - 2014-03-28 03:42:20 UTC
Kristalll wrote:
Pew Terror wrote:
Mike Azariah wrote:

history weeps

m

Seriously sometimes i wonder where society is going with online interaction becoming the norm for a large percentage of people.

Forget? No. Respect? Yes.

If he called it 'twin towers'?

Mr Epeen Cool
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#6883 - 2014-03-28 03:45:03 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:
Kristalll wrote:
Pew Terror wrote:
Mike Azariah wrote:

history weeps

m

Mr Epeen Cool

And God help me, I listen to Ride of the Valkyries when I go through a cyno.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Cha'ka Khan
Dark Skies Dojo
Wrong Hole.
#6884 - 2014-03-28 03:45:32 UTC
Tara Read wrote:
Prince Kobol wrote:
Here is Jesters latest Blog

http://jestertrek.blogspot.com.au/2014/03/the-bonus-round.html

As you can probably tell it is to do with Erotica 1's bonus round.

It is a very damning blog.

I can only surmise that Jester has brought the subject up with CCP and was not happy with there response which thus led him to create this blog. (Many apologise if I am wrong)

I would be very interested to hear what the community at large thinks and perhaps for Erotica and friends to refute the claims being made that they actually enjoy the pain and humiliation that they cause, especially to the man in the recording linked in Jesters Blog.

How exactly is his blog post damning? It's not like people have known for a long while Erotica is a troll and a scammer in his own unique right. It's nothing astonishing, nothing revealing. It's just someone crying foul about a person being taken for a ride and made to do stupid things on voice comms for greed. That's it.

Let's step back from the rants and pitchforks for a moment to actually break down this unusual phenomenon in New Eden called scamming. Firstly, Erotica's amounts are paltry in comparison to some of the biggest heists that have made Eve infamous. Part of the unique challenges and allure of Eve is a universe of harsh reality. A universe of truly open possibility.

The game from the very beginning of the first introduction paints a bleak picture of humanity and it's struggle through the four races and how through sheer force of will began to climb back from the bleakness of utter ruin to triumph over Space itself. YOU as a player willfully enter this universe from the very beginning. No one forces you to log in nor interact with others.

Yet the itch grabs people. They realize isk is power. Isk means a bigger ship, a better character, opportunity, and is the life blood of a freely driven economy. Even CCP's touted "Greed Is Good" slogan is plastered and seared into our minds that to go for it "all" in the name of power is not only encouraged, it is expected.

This is the pressures an ignorant newcomer faces. They like the rest of us must learn the pains of treachery in a Universe as cold as space itself. No one "made" this person log into Erotica's comms. No one "made" this person do the things he did. There was no gun held to his head. Nothing.

He was instead driven by Greed. That itch we all feel. That itch that drove me to empty an entire Alliance's SRP fund and liquid isk and assets in a blink of an eye. It's the same itch you feel when your victim is pointed and smoldering as you demand a ransom. It's the same itch a Carebear feels when he grinds. And it's the same itch people have given into thousands of times over to their utter ruin.

Erotica did not berate this person. By all accounts he was "trolled softly" and it was the clamness in Erotica's voice that led to the most wincing reactions from this person. he gave it all away and was upset. The fact someone entices you to sing a song or do stupid things not only means this person is willing to personally degrade themselves for money, they are willing to walk with little shame as long as the ends justify the means.

The same can be said for Erotica. He simply feeds on that basic of hunger. That drive and lust for power that every player wants. And it is the lesson we ALL have learned and one this player sadly as well had to be taught. Do I like Erotica's form of trolling? Not really. I much prefer the teaching hand of Tank CEO and his brunt yet truthful lessons to a player mining in Low Sec.

But that is of course opinion. Can CCP monitor comms? No. Should they? No. Should Erotica be banned? No. Is this a sore issue that will pit the hunter against the hunted until the servers go black? Yes. No I'm not being cold. I'm being realistic. We've all been scammed. I've been scammed. It's just something we all need to accept and it makes us stronger players.

Well those of us who understand this is after all just a video game.

Good comment is good....

As a side note.... Has anyone considered what the original guy thinks of all this attention? How the entirety of the community is now using him as a pawn? (Just a thought)

The only thing we have to fear, is new pilots and AFK miners. 

Pew Terror
All of it
#6885 - 2014-03-28 03:47:07 UTC
Kristalll wrote:
Pew Terror wrote:
Mike Azariah wrote:

history weeps

m

Nah education on the topc is good. Im german myself, i had relative in the war. We had 2 years in school on the topc alone.
Its just from my cultural background that the topic shouldnt be taken lightly.
Pew Terror
All of it
#6886 - 2014-03-28 03:48:13 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Mr Epeen wrote:
Kristalll wrote:
Pew Terror wrote:
Mike Azariah wrote:

history weeps

m

Mr Epeen Cool

And God help me, I listen to Ride of the Valkyries when I go through a cyno.

This. Frontier Elite standard song!
Mike Azariah
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#6887 - 2014-03-28 03:49:23 UTC
Cha'ka Khan wrote:

As a side note.... Has anyone considered what the original guy thinks of all this attention? How the entirety of the community is now using him as a pawn? (Just a thought)

Hell, a part of me is waiting for the final denouement in where we learn that this has all been staged as a piece of performance art to troll and op success was declared way back at page 250 in a ninja edit that nobody will ever read.

(No, don't go look for it, I am making it up)

m

Mike Azariah  ┬──┬ ¯|(ツ)

Kristalll
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#6888 - 2014-03-28 03:49:25 UTC
Cha'ka Khan wrote:

Good comment is good....

We have (allegedly) had an agent get in touch with him and Sohkar said that it was all behind him until Ripard posted the blog post.

He said (allegedly) that he wished Ripard had asked his permission, and that he was kicked from his highsec corp because they didn't like the attention.

But we ARE trying to get him on teamspeak RIGHT NOW to talk with Erotica 1 about this whole thing: http://www.twitch.tv/kristallnachte/

This could be VERY enlightening!

Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#6889 - 2014-03-28 03:50:49 UTC
Cha'ka Khan wrote:

Seriously dude. Do you even have to ask?

This is the internet. No one gives a crap about him, Erotica 1 or any other involved parties. They just want to win space arguments.

Mr Epeen Cool
Mike Azariah
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#6890 - 2014-03-28 03:52:06 UTC
Pew Terror wrote:

Nah education on the topc is good. Im german myself, i had relative in the war. We had 2 years in school on the topc alone.

Derailment but true story . . . I tech high school, mentioned Hiroshima and Nagasaki to my math class (grade 10's).

A few looked confused and one asked why those cities were important.

I honestly stood there stunned for a moment before whispering "seriously?"

and they were

m

Mike Azariah  ┬──┬ ¯|(ツ)

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#6891 - 2014-03-28 03:52:31 UTC
Kristalll wrote:
Cha'ka Khan wrote:

Good comment is good....

We have (allegedly) had an agent get in touch with him and Sohkar said that it was all behind him until Ripard posted the blog post.

He said (allegedly) that he wished Ripard had asked his permission, and that he was kicked from his highsec corp because they didn't like the attention.

But we ARE trying to get him on teamspeak RIGHT NOW to talk with Erotica 1 about this whole thing: http://www.twitch.tv/kristallnachte/

I'd have kicked him, if I was his CEO. Any corp he joins will have a bullseye on it. Ripard Teg has ruined his life.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Muestereate
Minions LLC
#6892 - 2014-03-28 03:55:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Muestereate
Kristalll wrote:
Cha'ka Khan wrote:

Good comment is good....

I don't think I would willingly go into a comms situation with erotica even if it wasn't duplex. can't even go back to OP soundbite cause its too greasy
Mario Putzo
#6893 - 2014-03-28 03:56:08 UTC
Kristalll wrote:
Cha'ka Khan wrote:

Good comment is good....

Ive been saying this since the beginning Ripard has done more harm than any scam or bonus room shenanigans would have. Its frankly the most disgusting portion of the whole ordeal.
Scipio Artelius
Weaponised Vegemite
Flying Dangerous
#6894 - 2014-03-28 03:59:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Scipio Artelius
Mike Azariah wrote:
Hell, a part of me is waiting for the final denouement in where we learn that this has all been staged as a piece of performance art to troll and op success was declared way back at page 250 in a ninja edit that nobody will ever read.

I think the OP may have received a ban from the forum a couple of days ago and came here on an alt to bypass forum rules in order to post.

This is really all Lady Areola Fappington's fault. She likes the community and thinks the charity work of it is cool.

This is the result.

Take home message: Don't give to charity. Look where it leads. Damn Fanfest Charity Dinner.
Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#6895 - 2014-03-28 04:00:02 UTC
Mike Azariah wrote:
Pew Terror wrote:

Derailment but true story . . . I tech high school, mentioned Hiroshima and Nagasaki to my math class (grade 10's).

A few looked confused and one asked why those cities were important.

I honestly stood there stunned for a moment before whispering "seriously?"

and they were

m

I've gotten plenty of blank looks when bringing up The Beatles, Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin. It's a crying shame, the lack of education of our youth these days.

It's The Beatles for Christ's sake. How could you not know who The Beatles were?

Mr Epeen Cool
Kristalll
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#6896 - 2014-03-28 04:00:27 UTC
Muestereate wrote:

I don't think I would willingly go into a comms situation with erotica even if it wasn't duplex. can't even go back to OP soundbite cause its too greasy

It's the only way to get the story out.

Kristalll
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#6897 - 2014-03-28 04:03:06 UTC
Sohkar is on Teamspeak now!

http://www.twitch.tv/kristallnachte/

Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#6898 - 2014-03-28 04:05:32 UTC
Kristalll wrote:
Sohkar is on Teamspeak now!

http://www.twitch.tv/kristallnachte/

He's stupider than I gave him credit for. How did he convince himself walking into that set up would be a good idea?

Mr Epeen Cool
Space Juden
Supermassive Potato Pancake
#6899 - 2014-03-28 04:07:32 UTC
Pew Terror wrote:
Kristalll wrote:
Pew Terror wrote:
Mike Azariah wrote:

history weeps

m

As a jew, I've often wondered

"what if we just got sick in the camps and the Germans tried to cremate us?"

The larger question I think and how it relates to this thread, is how do vested interests interact with a commonly held (supposed to be detached) view of ethics and morality when matched with second hand evidence? Is there any truth that can be gleaned or are we all hopelessly jaded?

For instance, what do we know about what happened? And should we do anything about it... Do we have enough to make a judgment, if you find that you do you're obligated in some degree to pursue the persecution and punishment of Erotica1 and his cohorts. If you don't then... respond in his defense.

Kristalll
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#6900 - 2014-03-28 04:07:50 UTC
Listen and see.

Maybe the situation isn't dangerous for him?