These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Jester Trek Latest Blog

First post First post
Author
Xuixien
Solar Winds Security Solutions
#6701 - 2014-03-28 00:49:07 UTC
Korhaka Mirunas wrote:
Salvos Rhoska wrote:
Scipio Artelius wrote:
Xuixien wrote:
Besides OP and any CSM or CCP representative, is there anyone in this thread who has only posted once?

Possibly, but probably a lot with just a couple of posts.

With some posters approaching almost 400 posts and the average per poster being about 14 per author, there must be a large number that have many fewer than 14 posts:

http://eve-search.com/stats/thread/332182-1

Of the top ten, the majority are persons with interests in Erotica1s Bonus Room, either in ISK or for the recordings.

I am a notable exception to that. My motivation is I find their actions to be arguably illegal, and I wont stand by while people are subjected to this kind of thing without doing something about it.

Isn't it rather fair for people connected to Erotica to be common posters, what with it being about them?

But we're only allowed to have a valid opinion if we're not "affiliated", because then we're bias. (The irony, it burns).

Epic Space Cat, Horsegirl, Philanthropist

Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#6702 - 2014-03-28 00:50:22 UTC
Xuixien wrote:
Liese Shardani wrote:
Kristalll wrote:
So, to be clear, if you were walkign down the street, and saw someone with a booth that said "YOU COULD BE THE NEXT WINNER!" and was asking somone to sing karaoke, you would step in and stop his chances of winning?
Okay, there's telling someone he has to sing karaoke to win a prize. Sounds harmless enough.

But then there's telling him he has to sing with steak stuffed in his mouth and mayonnaise dribbling down his chin...and write Erotica 1 on his torso in mayonnaise...and take a picture of it.

https://soundcloud.com/philip-smith-24/erotica-1-customer

You see those two things as equivalent?

Where is the part that it's all entirely voluntary lost on you?

Which part of, "We just took everything you have ever worked for in this game and if you don't participate in our sadistic ritual, you'll have no chance of getting it back", is lost on you?

Mr Epeen Cool
Scipio Artelius
Weaponised Vegemite
Flying Dangerous
#6703 - 2014-03-28 00:51:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Scipio Artelius
Salvos Rhoska wrote:
Of the top ten, the majority are persons with interests in Erotica1s Bonus Room, either in ISK or for the recordings..

Actually I only see 1 person with definite experience in the bonus room, possibly 2 people; and even their interests in this thread can be wider than ISK or the recordings.

Of the remainder, the interest is considerably wider from the posts I have read (and the same for the 1-2 who have been part of bonus rooms).
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#6704 - 2014-03-28 00:51:40 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:
Xuixien wrote:
Liese Shardani wrote:
Kristalll wrote:
So, to be clear, if you were walkign down the street, and saw someone with a booth that said "YOU COULD BE THE NEXT WINNER!" and was asking somone to sing karaoke, you would step in and stop his chances of winning?
Okay, there's telling someone he has to sing karaoke to win a prize. Sounds harmless enough.

But then there's telling him he has to sing with steak stuffed in his mouth and mayonnaise dribbling down his chin...and write Erotica 1 on his torso in mayonnaise...and take a picture of it.

Which part of, "We just took everything you have ever worked for in this game and if you don't participate in our sadistic ritual, you'll have no chance of getting it back", is lost on you?

Mr Epeen Cool

The part where pixels aren't real seems to have escaped you.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Xuixien
#6705 - 2014-03-28 00:52:00 UTC
Chibs Telford wrote:
~snip~

It's not torture because it fits no actual definition of torture.

Salvos Rhoska
#6706 - 2014-03-28 00:52:07 UTC
Korhaka Mirunas wrote:
Isn't it rather fair for people connected to Erotica to be common posters, what with it being about them?

Its a small amount of vested individuals running a huge amount of damage control and interference vs a much larger dissenting population. If there where not so many people against what is happening in the Bonus Room, that wouldnt be necessary.

Guess they are pooping their pants, and rightly so.
Xuixien
#6707 - 2014-03-28 00:53:31 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:
Xuixien wrote:
Liese Shardani wrote:
Kristalll wrote:

Mr Epeen Cool

Which part of "voluntarily contracted" is lost on you?

Scipio Artelius
Weaponised Vegemite
Flying Dangerous
#6708 - 2014-03-28 00:53:44 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:

Which part of the post within the quotation marks is an actual quote from anyone involved in the bonus room?
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#6709 - 2014-03-28 00:54:08 UTC
Salvos Rhoska wrote:
Korhaka Mirunas wrote:

Its a small amount of vested individuals running a huge amount of damage control and interference vs a much larger dissenting population. If there where not so many people against what is happening in the Bonus Room, that wouldnt be necessary.

Ah, the good old "false assumption of majority". Couldn't be a carebear without it.

The fact of the matter is, that only a tiny proportion of EVE's population has posted in this thread.

No matter what, we're all in the minority.

Oh, and what law school did you say you went to?

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

Best Meltdown Ever.

Mario Putzo
#6710 - 2014-03-28 00:54:17 UTC
Salvos Rhoska wrote:
Scipio Artelius wrote:
Xuixien wrote:
Besides OP and any CSM or CCP representative, is there anyone in this thread who has only posted once?

Possibly, but probably a lot with just a couple of posts.

With some posters approaching almost 400 posts and the average per poster being about 14 per author, there must be a large number that have many fewer than 14 posts:

http://eve-search.com/stats/thread/332182-1

Of the top ten, the majority are persons with interests in Erotica1s Bonus Room, either in ISK or for the recordings.
I think that is telling of the amount of damage control they are running throughout this thread.
That small group is putting enormous effort into derailing and slapping down independant posters.

I am a notable exception to that. My motivation is I find their actions to be arguably illegal, and I wont stand by while people are subjected to this kind of thing without doing something about it.

I don't think you know what the word Arguably means.

Prt Scr
569th Freelancers
#6711 - 2014-03-28 00:54:42 UTC
why hasn't this thread been moved to crime and punishment?

uɐıssnɹ pɐǝɹ ʇ,uɐɔ ı ʇnq ʎɹɹos ɯ,ı

Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#6712 - 2014-03-28 00:55:21 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:

Give me yours. No biggie. Just pixels after all.

If you don't contract them over, then I will assume they have some value to you and your entire premise is moot.

Logging in now.

Mr Epeen Cool
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#6713 - 2014-03-28 00:55:56 UTC
Prt Scr wrote:
why hasn't this thread been moved to crime and punishment?

Because it wasn't a crime, and there won't be any punishment?

I've been waiting to use that line for two days, way to make me wait so long.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Cha'ka Khan
Dark Skies Dojo
Wrong Hole.
#6714 - 2014-03-28 00:56:30 UTC
Salvos Rhoska wrote:
The more awareness the community at large has of what Erotica1 and his associates have been up to, the better.

Disregarding for a second what happened to the victims, we are all actually victims of what this small group has been up to.

Because they have taken their activities to sucha ridiculous and heinous degree, that it actually threatens the privilege uptil now of other players having someone sing for their ship for example.

These guys made them 10-20!

There is a limit to what any community can tolerate. Even /b/ and SA have their limits.

DUDE!!!!!!!!! HOW MUCH CRACK DO YOU SMOKE? There is NO issue here. dude lost his **** being stupid. GET THE **** OVER IT ALREADY!!!!!!!

The only thing we have to fear, is new pilots and AFK miners. 

Salvos Rhoska
#6715 - 2014-03-28 00:56:39 UTC
Its a small amount of vested individuals running a huge amount of damage control and interference vs a much larger dissenting population. If there where not so many people against what is happening in the Bonus Room, that wouldnt be necessary
Chibs Telford
Ruatha Holdings
#6716 - 2014-03-28 00:56:50 UTC
Xuixien wrote:
Chibs Telford wrote:
~snip~

It's not torture because it fits no actual definition of torture.

tor·ture [tawr-cher]
noun
1. the act of inflicting excruciating pain, as punishment or revenge, as a means of getting a confession or information, or for sheer cruelty.
2. a method of inflicting such pain.
3. Often, tortures. the pain or suffering caused or undergone.
4. extreme anguish of body or mind; agony.
5. a cause of severe pain or anguish.

I call your attention to numbers 2, 4 and 5
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#6717 - 2014-03-28 00:57:26 UTC
I don't see what the big deal is with the racism and the death threats.
I mean it's not like Erotica 1 was being forced to stay there.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Salvos Rhoska
#6718 - 2014-03-28 00:57:43 UTC
Cha'ka Khan wrote:
DUDE!!!!!!!!! HOW MUCH CRACK DO YOU SMOKE? There is NO issue here. dude lost his **** being stupid. GET THE **** OVER IT ALREADY!!!!!!!

Dopeys getting mad.

Dont smash your desk, now.
Xuixien
#6719 - 2014-03-28 00:57:53 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Salvos Rhoska wrote:
Korhaka Mirunas wrote:

Ah, the good old "false assumption of majority". Couldn't be a carebear without it.

The fact of the matter is, that only a tiny proportion of EVE's population has posted in this thread.

No matter what, we're all in the minority.

Oh, and what law school did you say you went to?

On comms, I said something that like, only 14% of EVE even looks at the forums or knows they exist.

Salvos submitted "that even sounds like a generous estimate."

Truly the number of people who look at the forums is miniscule compared to the actual number of players.

So really, the people posting in this thread don't even represent 0.5% of the EVE population.

Liese Shardani
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#6720 - 2014-03-28 00:57:55 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Mr Epeen wrote:
Xuixien wrote:
Liese Shardani wrote:
Kristalll wrote:

Mr Epeen Cool

Well, *something's* real enough to keep y'all in here for days in a row defending this practice and your buddy. And for the rest of us in here voicing whatever opinions we've got about it.