These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Jester Trek Latest Blog

First post First post
Author
Danalee
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#6541 - 2014-03-27 23:02:24 UTC
Kristalll wrote:
Bloodmyst Ranwar wrote:

Well I suggest the following.

Step 1

Permanently Ban Eroticas account and make an example of him. Let the Eve community base know that bullying is not tolerated. It does not matter what is in the EULA or TOS, rules or any contracts... If people need rules for morals, let them learn the hard way. Referring to the EULA\TOS as an excuse to bullying others is pathetic. I'm sure I speak for many when I say this, if CCP wants to promote Eve as a platform for Bullying, you can consider many accounts to be closed. I for one, do not want to be apart of a community or game that will accept this filth. To make matters even worse, this recording was released to the public, subject to further humiliation and bullying!

Step 2

Temporary Ban Sohkars account. Simple, people say things when provoked. Yes, it's not acceptable what Sohkar said in the recording. However, this behavior can be expected of "many people" when put in similar situations. You corner a dog, and it's going to bite. The fact is, Sohkar wouldn't of said such things in the first place if he wasn't dragged through the mud for 2 hours. The guy was already scammed, why does 2 hours of bullying need to follow?

I'm just interested for CCP's official response. Surely, they will not allow Eve to be used as a platform for this vile, filthy, inhumane behavior. If so, I'm not so sure if I want to stick around and see what happens in future.

So what do we do about Graath https://soundcloud.com/johny-snow/pl-comms-after-revenant-loss ?

Don't forget this shedoo fellow!

D.

Bear

Proud member of the Somalian Coast Guard Authority

Member and Juror of the Court of Crime and Punishment

Lady Areola Fappington
#6542 - 2014-03-27 23:04:58 UTC
Whenever you decide to say "Do X to Y person, to make an example!", plug your own name into that before you point at someone else. If it sounds unreasonable with your own name in it, it's unreasonable.

7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided. --Eve New Player Guide

Azami Nevinyrall
#6543 - 2014-03-27 23:05:06 UTC
Salvos Rhoska
#6544 - 2014-03-27 23:05:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Salvos Rhoska
Riot Girl wrote:
There's no correct answer, it's hypothetical. There's no secret method. All you have to do is follow the rules.

Yeah. What a load of bull****.

As I expected.

Its completely arbitrary, all of it. You have neither provided evidence that a non-affiliated person has ever won it, or that it even is possible to win it according to "the rules".

If you can't tell me what the correct answer to that question is, which is always presented, then you can't tell me that there is a way to win it either.

Really, the details of this "scam" are so laughably ********.
I know you guys think its "really clever", but its like its "thunk" up by hollering 6th generation mountain inbreds, blind drunk off moonshine, with the combined intelligence of a single mildly challenged raisin.

I'd love to work for CCP and be to tasked to investigating and auditing this crap.
Coffee Rocks
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#6545 - 2014-03-27 23:06:26 UTC
Kristalll wrote:

nothing

I'm all for keeping this thread open in the name of information gathering where another would have been locked hard about 220 pages ago...

But, can't we just silence the trolling? Are the ISD's being told not to monitor this one? (srs Q)

There's debate, and then there's attempted derailing. Well, really, let's be honest: at this point, we can probably say Erotica, the rest of his troupe, and their alts have worked hard to make sure they make up three quarters of the last half of the thread and it's well derailed.

H aVo K
Tycheon Industries
#6546 - 2014-03-27 23:07:01 UTC
Dani Dusette wrote:
But it's legit gameplay within the boundary of this game. Unlike the issue which this thread is about.

Maybe you can answer where so many have failed, then:

What makes this gameplay less legit than other acceptable types of "tear extraction"?
Azami Nevinyrall
#6547 - 2014-03-27 23:08:34 UTC
Coffee Rocks
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#6548 - 2014-03-27 23:09:58 UTC
Hell, the fact that RvB, Brave, Goons, carebears, and Mr Epeen are all on this side of the issue is shocking to me. I don't think we've ever been on the same side of anything...

Well, Mr Epeen is one his own side almost all the time. That he's been fighting this hard has me reeling.
Kristalll
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#6549 - 2014-03-27 23:10:16 UTC
Salvos Rhoska wrote:
Riot Girl wrote:
There's no correct answer, it's hypothetical. There's no secret method. All you have to do is follow the rules.

Yeah. What a load of bull****.

As I expected.

Its completely arbitrary, all of it. You have neither provided evidence that a non-affiliated person has ever won it, or that it even is possible to win it according to "the rules".

If you can't tell me what the correct answer to that question is, which is always presented, then you can't tell me that there is a way to win it either.

Really, the details of this "scam" are so laughably ********. Utterly fail.

Actually, the Bonus room has a very specific structure, that MIGHT be apeparing my article on EN24 soon.

If riverini wants to post it.

“Die trying” is the proudest human thing.

Kristalll
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#6550 - 2014-03-27 23:11:24 UTC
Coffee Rocks wrote:
Kristalll wrote:

nothing

I'm all for keeping this thread open in the name of information gathering where another would have been locked hard about 220 pages ago...

But, can't we just silence the trolling? Are the ISD's being told not to monitor this one? (srs Q)

There's debate, and then there's attempted derailing. Well, really, let's be honest: at this point, we can probably say Erotica, the rest of his troupe, and their alts have worked hard to make sure they make up three quarters of the last half of the thread and it's well derailed.

I don't honestly know what I said because you replaced it. So I can't possibly give a decent response because I don't know what you're accusing and being trolling.

Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#6551 - 2014-03-27 23:11:45 UTC
H aVo K wrote:
Dani Dusette wrote:
But it's legit gameplay within the boundary of this game. Unlike the issue which this thread is about.

What makes this gameplay less legit than other acceptable types of "tear extraction"?

The gameplay that consists of some psychopath using CCP's product as a tool to lure victims to a private site for his sick pleasure?

That gameplay?

Mr Epeen Cool
Scipio Artelius
Weaponised Vegemite
Flying Dangerous
#6552 - 2014-03-27 23:12:07 UTC
Salvos Rhoska wrote:

The answer to the question is the same as the answer to the question:

- how do you win EvE

People seem to be winning EvE all the time, so it's no surprise that there may have been winners of the bonus room too.
Riot Girl
You'll Cowards Don't Even Smoke Crack
#6553 - 2014-03-27 23:12:16 UTC
Salvos Rhoska wrote:
You have neither provided evidence that a non-affiliated person has ever won i or that it even is possible to win it according to "the rules".

So? Is there a reason why I should?

Quote:
The question is irrelevant.
Coffee Rocks
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#6554 - 2014-03-27 23:13:03 UTC
H aVo K wrote:
Dani Dusette wrote:

Go back and read the last 220+ pages and numerous blog posts that are now out there on this subject (Ripard, myself, Mabrik, etc etc). It's been said.

Also, NOT gameplay.

Scamming? Gameplay. Drawing the victim out till he snaps? F**king sick.
Kristalll
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#6555 - 2014-03-27 23:15:55 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:
H aVo K wrote:
Dani Dusette wrote:

The gameplay that consists of some psychopath using CCP's product as a tool to lure victims to a private site for his sick pleasure?

That gameplay?

Mr Epeen Cool

So, when Skyfighters pointed a CCP employee and made him sing Barbie Girl to get released?

Bloodmyst Ranwar
Leviathan Rising
Fortis Et Certus
#6556 - 2014-03-27 23:16:04 UTC
Kristalll wrote:
Bloodmyst Ranwar wrote:

Well I suggest the following.

Step 1

Permanently Ban Eroticas account and make an example of him. Let the Eve community base know that bullying is not tolerated. It does not matter what is in the EULA or TOS, rules or any contracts... If people need rules for morals, let them learn the hard way. Referring to the EULA\TOS as an excuse to bullying others is pathetic. I'm sure I speak for many when I say this, if CCP wants to promote Eve as a platform for Bullying, you can consider many accounts to be closed. I for one, do not want to be apart of a community or game that will accept this filth. To make matters even worse, this recording was released to the public, subject to further humiliation and bullying!

Step 2

Temporary Ban Sohkars account. Simple, people say things when provoked. Yes, it's not acceptable what Sohkar said in the recording. However, this behavior can be expected of "many people" when put in similar situations. You corner a dog, and it's going to bite. The fact is, Sohkar wouldn't of said such things in the first place if he wasn't dragged through the mud for 2 hours. The guy was already scammed, why does 2 hours of bullying need to follow?

I'm just interested for CCP's official response. Surely, they will not allow Eve to be used as a platform for this vile, filthy, inhumane behavior. If so, I'm not so sure if I want to stick around and see what happens in future.

So what do we do about Graath https://soundcloud.com/johny-snow/pl-comms-after-revenant-loss ?

So what do we do about the dog beating on the cat down the road?...... We are here discussing the case at hand. There are many other threads to derail and/or troll available.
Xuixien
Solar Winds Security Solutions
#6557 - 2014-03-27 23:16:55 UTC
Riot Girl wrote:
Salvos Rhoska wrote:
You have neither provided evidence that a non-affiliated person has ever won i or that it even is possible to win it according to "the rules".

So? Is there a reason why I should?

Quote:
The question is irrelevant.

What's this, you say?

You mean the contestant can say anything to this question and it has no bearing on the outcome?

It's almost as if the question is... hypothetical and has no correct answer!

Just like you said. Shocked

Wow.

Epic Space Cat, Horsegirl, Philanthropist

Ssieth
Celestial Inc
Always Take the Bait
#6558 - 2014-03-27 23:17:25 UTC
H aVo K wrote:
Dani Dusette wrote:

OK - I'll take a punt at this one.

Other types of 'tear extraction' - ganking etc is generally about targetting in-game assets in-game. It is an extension of other in-game activities.

This is about enticing someone to an external comms channel for the specific purpose of publically humiliating them.

W-Spacer.  Bittervet. 75% PvP, 25% assorted other stuff.

Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#6559 - 2014-03-27 23:17:52 UTC
Kristalll wrote:
Mr Epeen wrote:
H aVo K wrote:
Dani Dusette wrote:

That gameplay?

Mr Epeen Cool

So, when Skyfighters pointed a CCP employee and made him sing Barbie Girl to get released?

Why do you quote? None of your responses ever have anything to do with what's above them.

Mr Epeen Cool
Danalee
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#6560 - 2014-03-27 23:17:56 UTC
Disclaimer: As my previous posts, this is not a derail.
I will however take my tongue out of my cheeck where it has been lodged for the past few days.

This girl posted some bad things about EVE online and it's playerbase.
CCP hires her.
Everyone grabs a pitchfork and tries to burn her at the stake.
CCP defends her and steps in hard on everyone commenting on the topic.

A guy drunkenly tells someone to kill himself at fanfest.
Everyone grabs a pitchfork and tries to burn him at the stake.
He becomes the most powerfull dude in the universe and is more popular asked by the media than actual game devs.

This other dude totally humiliates a fellow player and calls him retarted.
Nobody moves.
Suddenly I see this guy commentating an official EVE tournament.

A guy gets shouted at by a racist for asking said racist to sing a song.
Nobody moves.
A CSM member a month later reposts said recording and adds to it: THIS IS TORTURE
Everyone grabs a pitchfork and tries to burn him at the stake.

That's what has been happening over the years. There are many more examples. Please stop with the double/tripple standards. Please stop with your faux-offended reactions, please just enjoy our game.
Don't try to fix what isn't broken and get some perspective.

D. OUT (for now)

Bear

Proud member of the Somalian Coast Guard Authority

Member and Juror of the Court of Crime and Punishment