These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Jester Trek Latest Blog

First post First post
Author
Scipio Artelius
Weaponised Vegemite
Flying Dangerous
#6521 - 2014-03-27 22:50:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Scipio Artelius
edit.
Mario Putzo
#6522 - 2014-03-27 22:50:36 UTC
Xuixien wrote:
Cha'ka Khan wrote:
Salvos Rhoska wrote:
Xuixien wrote:
Salvos was on BU commes the other night and it was explained to him, step by step, in detail, how the Bonus Room works and what the conditions for winning are. He was even given the names of at least two contestants who has won.

False.

Nobody there answered what is required of the participant to win the Bonus Room.

And you only named one "contestant" who has won, Vicious Rage.

I take notes :) A lot of notes.

So, since you claim to know, as you claim to have explained it in the comm (though you did infact not):

What is required of the participant to win the Bonus Room?

I was there. It WAS explained to you. However, You in your infinite and all knowing wisdom, would not allow anyone to speak. You merely came in with a legalzoom.com law degree using a bunch of fancy words to try and make the rest of us seem not as intelligent as you THINK that you are. In fact, multiple times the same thing would be said and when you were proven to have no leg to stand on you would quickly backtrack. Using circular reasoning (a lot of it I might add) was your modus operandi.

You failed to grasp simple concepts. Ultimately there are only three steps to the BR. Read, Sing, Pod. The fact that it takes several hours notwithstanding, it is a simple task. But like any gameshow, the contestant risks all for the big payout.

I would wager that 99 percent of you havent even bothered LISTENING to the recording in its entirety. You have merely ridden the wave of hate. Go and listen to it. It is HILARIOUS when the dude flips ****.

This.

The best part is when he freely left the "torture chamber" and the returned of his own free will. Man what a heartless bastard Erotica is FORCING this guy to leave and come back.
Xuixien
Solar Winds Security Solutions
#6523 - 2014-03-27 22:50:46 UTC
Riot Girl wrote:
Salvos Rhoska wrote:
Scipio Artelius wrote:
To show complete faith

Ok.

How is it exactly that the "client" is required to show "complete faith" for purposes of winning?

They need to have complete faith in Erotica 1.
They must follow the rules in Erotica 1's bio.
They must follow the rules of the bonus room.
They must not have any red pen violations.

Some Bonus Room Rules -

No swearing, arguing, negotiation, or otherwise being rude.
No trolling.
No scamming.

Epic Space Cat, Horsegirl, Philanthropist

H aVo K
Tycheon Industries
#6524 - 2014-03-27 22:50:54 UTC
Salvos Rhoska wrote:
Scipio Artelius wrote:
To show complete faith

Ok.

How is it exactly that the "client" is required to show "complete faith" for purposes of winning?

It's like you're trying really really hard to establish that the sole purpose of the BR is solely to entertain the people running it.

This will be a masterstroke of genius on your part if you pull it off because everyone is under the assumption that that's not already the case.... and this will like.... totally shatter those assumptions.
Danalee
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#6525 - 2014-03-27 22:51:32 UTC
Kristalll wrote:
Danalee wrote:
I did some more digging since I really wouldn't want my fellow EVE players to be submitted to any form of abuse ever and found this bonus romm to be but the tip of the iceberg.

I'd like to point your attention to this recording of voice comms WTH INGAME FOOTAGE.

Some guy called shedoo or something is really shouting at someone and calling him all sorts of derregatory stuff (he even allmost said that other really mean csm's name).
I hope he got banned for that!
Did he?
Please say yes?

D.

Bear

https://soundcloud.com/johny-snow/pl-comms-after-revenant-loss

There's also this guy, I think his name is "Graath" or something. He said some pretty mean things.

BLOODY HELL?! Have these people no shame? Are they psychopats? Don't they know it's a game and they are hurting other peoples feeling by torturing them with their hurtfull words?

What can we do to stop this? These Graath and shedoo bullies need to be stopped, banned and set as an example by CCP and the CSM. We as a community of spaceship captains can not stand for this!
Time to look up and make stuff better.

D.

Bear

Proud member of the Somalian Coast Guard Authority

Member and Juror of the Court of Crime and Punishment

Chopper Rollins
hahahlolspycorp
#6526 - 2014-03-27 22:51:55 UTC

IT PUTS IT'S ASSETS IN THE CONTRACT OR IT GETS THE HOSE.

Goggles. Making me look good. Making you look good.

Bloodmyst Ranwar
Leviathan Rising
Fortis Et Certus
#6527 - 2014-03-27 22:52:54 UTC
Mike Azariah wrote:
H aVo K wrote:

/facepalm

Really? That's your idea of contributing something new? Shifting the focus back onto Sohkar's breaking point?

Let us stop the cyclic argument and propose changes to make it better. Let us work to FIX what is broken and keep climbing.

Stop with the lawyering, the definitions, work with me, work wqith each other and find what needs fixing and move the hell on to fix something else. Make your points about the issue, not debating club points off of identifying logical fallacies and naming them like it is some sort of bingo game.

Write to your CSM candidate if you want to make suggestions, run if you want to get even more involved. Some of you have done that already.

That make the point?

m

Well I suggest the following.

Step 1

Permanently Ban Eroticas account and make an example of him. Let the Eve community base know that bullying is not tolerated. It does not matter what is in the EULA or TOS, rules or any contracts... If people need rules for morals, let them learn the hard way. Referring to the EULA\TOS as an excuse to bullying others is pathetic. I'm sure I speak for many when I say this, if CCP wants to promote Eve as a platform for Bullying, you can consider many accounts to be closed. I for one, do not want to be apart of a community or game that will accept this filth. To make matters even worse, this recording was released to the public, subject to further humiliation and bullying!

Step 2

Temporary Ban Sohkars account. Simple, people say things when provoked. Yes, it's not acceptable what Sohkar said in the recording. However, this behavior can be expected of "many people" when put in similar situations. You corner a dog, and it's going to bite. The fact is, Sohkar wouldn't of said such things in the first place if he wasn't dragged through the mud for 2 hours. The guy was already scammed, why does 2 hours of bullying need to follow?

I'm just interested for CCP's official response. Surely, they will not allow Eve to be used as a platform for this vile, filthy, inhumane behavior. If so, I'm not so sure if I want to stick around and see what happens in future.

Xuixien
#6528 - 2014-03-27 22:53:20 UTC
Mario Putzo wrote:
Xuixien wrote:
Cha'ka Khan wrote:
Salvos Rhoska wrote:
Xuixien wrote:
Salvos was on BU commes the other night and it was explained to him, step by step, in detail, how the Bonus Room works and what the conditions for winning are. He was even given the names of at least two contestants who has won.

False.

Nobody there answered what is required of the participant to win the Bonus Room.

And you only named one "contestant" who has won, Vicious Rage.

I take notes :) A lot of notes.

So, since you claim to know, as you claim to have explained it in the comm (though you did infact not):

What is required of the participant to win the Bonus Room?

I was there. It WAS explained to you. However, You in your infinite and all knowing wisdom, would not allow anyone to speak. You merely came in with a legalzoom.com law degree using a bunch of fancy words to try and make the rest of us seem not as intelligent as you THINK that you are. In fact, multiple times the same thing would be said and when you were proven to have no leg to stand on you would quickly backtrack. Using circular reasoning (a lot of it I might add) was your modus operandi.

You failed to grasp simple concepts. Ultimately there are only three steps to the BR. Read, Sing, Pod. The fact that it takes several hours notwithstanding, it is a simple task. But like any gameshow, the contestant risks all for the big payout.

I would wager that 99 percent of you havent even bothered LISTENING to the recording in its entirety. You have merely ridden the wave of hate. Go and listen to it. It is HILARIOUS when the dude flips ****.

This.

The best part is when he freely left the "torture chamber" and the returned of his own free will. Man what a heartless bastard Erotica is FORCING this guy to leave and come back.

Well obviously he was coerced. They had his pixel spaceships!

Azami Nevinyrall
#6529 - 2014-03-27 22:54:12 UTC
Azami Nevinyrall wrote:
Chopper Rollins wrote:
LOUD.
NOISES.
I pity the CCP employee who's scanning this crap for feedback.
Definitions and cretinous legalese and NO YOU.
This thread is a big bucket for all the people who developed posting diarrhea about this issue.

That poor Dev...

If there is a Dev in here. Poke this thread, let us know you're around...

Or at least send me a mail. I'll relay it here and not say who it is...

Note: There is no Dev in here...

IF there is, he's good at lurking. Which is kinda dirty Ugh and creepy Shocked all rolled into one.

I like that in a Dev Blink

Dani Dusette
Division 13
#6530 - 2014-03-27 22:54:47 UTC
Dave Stark wrote:
Dani Dusette wrote:
Xuixien is still my favorite pixellated badgirl though.

Kinda.

Also this thread is beginning to remind me of Season 2, Episode 1 of Vikings.

cared about by nobody?

Vikings? Damn good show if you ask me. Not as good as The Walking Dead though. But with season 4 about to end I need something to fill the void.

I like Xuixien's avatar and name.

I do not like what Xuixien does. But it's legit gameplay within the boundary of this game. Unlike the issue which this thread is about.

dαní ㅤㅤ

σиlу ιи dαякиєѕѕ cαи уσυ ѕєє тнє ѕтαяѕ

ISD Ezwal: "Might I inform you that I am as real as it gets?"

Salvos Rhoska
#6531 - 2014-03-27 22:55:07 UTC
Riot Girl wrote:
---

Ok.

What is the correct answer in order to win, to the following question:

"What if this was all just some sort of elaborate scam, what would you do next?"
Liese Shardani
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#6532 - 2014-03-27 22:56:00 UTC
From the limerick contest:

Snupe Doggur wrote:
Where once an inveterate scammer
Eluded the mighty ban hammer,
With fantasies facial
And thoughts mayonnaisal,
Now faces the virtual slammer.

Danalee
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#6533 - 2014-03-27 22:56:14 UTC
Bloodmyst Ranwar wrote:
BAN PEOPLE

You are on to something!

I'll help your just cause, I found more psychopats torturing and bullying their eve online peers, listen to this;

This gaarth fellow sure is a mad viking!
Whoever shedoo is, I hope he is long banned since he completele humiliated this poor FC and called him ******** to boot!

The horror! Help me make things better mister bloodmyst, please.

D.

Bear

Proud member of the Somalian Coast Guard Authority

Member and Juror of the Court of Crime and Punishment

Scipio Artelius
Weaponised Vegemite
Flying Dangerous
#6534 - 2014-03-27 22:56:24 UTC
Bloodmyst Ranwar wrote:
If so, I'm not so sure if I want to stick around and see what happens in future.

Your stuff -> Me.

Please.
Salvos Rhoska
#6535 - 2014-03-27 22:58:12 UTC
H aVo K wrote:
It's like you're trying really really hard to establish that the sole purpose of the BR is solely to entertain the people running it.

I'm just asking some simple questions.
Kristalll
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#6536 - 2014-03-27 22:58:41 UTC
Mario Putzo wrote:

Oh, what Teg didn't report on is we had sent agents to hit house to break his kneecaps if he didn't get back on teamspeak.

“Die trying” is the proudest human thing.

Riot Girl
You'll Cowards Don't Even Smoke Crack
#6537 - 2014-03-27 22:59:36 UTC
Salvos Rhoska wrote:
Riot Girl wrote:
---

Ok.

"What if this was all just some sort of elaborate scam, what would you do next?"

There's no correct answer, it's hypothetical. There's no secret method. All you have to do is follow the rules.
Xuixien
#6538 - 2014-03-27 23:00:20 UTC
Dani Dusette wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:
Dani Dusette wrote:
Xuixien is still my favorite pixellated badgirl though.

Kinda.

Also this thread is beginning to remind me of Season 2, Episode 1 of Vikings.

cared about by nobody?

Vikings? Damn good show if you ask me. Not as good as The Walking Dead though. But with season 4 about to end I need something to fill the void.

I like Xuixien's avatar and name.

I do not like what Xuixien does. But it's legit gameplay within the boundary of this game. Unlike the issue which this thread is about.

I clicked on your avatar and I have to say that I'm impressed and inspired. You should join that avatar competition thing they have. I think it's annual or biannual.

Kristalll
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#6539 - 2014-03-27 23:00:25 UTC
Bloodmyst Ranwar wrote:

Well I suggest the following.

Step 1

Permanently Ban Eroticas account and make an example of him. Let the Eve community base know that bullying is not tolerated. It does not matter what is in the EULA or TOS, rules or any contracts... If people need rules for morals, let them learn the hard way. Referring to the EULA\TOS as an excuse to bullying others is pathetic. I'm sure I speak for many when I say this, if CCP wants to promote Eve as a platform for Bullying, you can consider many accounts to be closed. I for one, do not want to be apart of a community or game that will accept this filth. To make matters even worse, this recording was released to the public, subject to further humiliation and bullying!

Step 2

Temporary Ban Sohkars account. Simple, people say things when provoked. Yes, it's not acceptable what Sohkar said in the recording. However, this behavior can be expected of "many people" when put in similar situations. You corner a dog, and it's going to bite. The fact is, Sohkar wouldn't of said such things in the first place if he wasn't dragged through the mud for 2 hours. The guy was already scammed, why does 2 hours of bullying need to follow?

I'm just interested for CCP's official response. Surely, they will not allow Eve to be used as a platform for this vile, filthy, inhumane behavior. If so, I'm not so sure if I want to stick around and see what happens in future.

So what do we do about Graath https://soundcloud.com/johny-snow/pl-comms-after-revenant-loss ?

Kristalll
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#6540 - 2014-03-27 23:01:16 UTC
Salvos Rhoska wrote:
Riot Girl wrote:
---

Ok.

Go get a noobship and some tritanium.