These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Jester Trek Latest Blog

First post First post
Author
Danalee
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#6441 - 2014-03-27 21:56:59 UTC
Drone 16 wrote:
stuff

You should read between the lines, they are going to cut the dead weight that sokhar the racist is.

Good riddance!

D.

Bear

Proud member of the Somalian Coast Guard Authority

Member and Juror of the Court of Crime and Punishment

Scipio Artelius
Weaponised Vegemite
Flying Dangerous
#6442 - 2014-03-27 21:57:09 UTC
LUMINOUS SPIRIT wrote:
By the way, when we connect to your J, if you haven't been evicted already, we will burn you out like cancer from it.

Isn't this exactly the type of anti-social behaviour that would have you redlined under your suggestion?

If not, I'm totally confused on what would constitute your view of anti-social behaviour.

Twice in the thread we've all been asked to stick to the forum rules. Is it really that hard?
Dave Stark
#6443 - 2014-03-27 21:57:15 UTC
Pok Nibin wrote:
McDonald's is liable as they implicitly guarantee a safe environment for children if they allow children in as customers. This includes the area of the parking lot. If McDonald's is aware the crime is occurring but doesn't report, or prevent it, then they are complicit in the crime as an accessory before and after the fact.

teamspeak better be worried for providing an environment for torture to take place, then.
Ssieth
Celestial Inc
Always Take the Bait
#6444 - 2014-03-27 21:57:17 UTC
Mag's wrote:
LUMINOUS SPIRIT wrote:
Xuixien wrote:

I'm not Erotica 1. I'm sure you're familiar with his voice from the recording, yes?

You're free to talk to me on comms at any point.

Whatever you say buddy.

By the way, when we connect to your J, if you haven't been evicted already, we will burn you out like cancer from it.
Sounds like more RL threats.

Yet more :Moral High Ground: stuff. Nice

Nope - it sounds like someone declaring a WH eviction.

W-Spacer.  Bittervet. 75% PvP, 25% assorted other stuff.

Drone 16
Holy Horde
#6445 - 2014-03-27 21:57:20 UTC
Mag's wrote:
LUMINOUS SPIRIT wrote:
Xuixien wrote:

I'm not Erotica 1. I'm sure you're familiar with his voice from the recording, yes?

Whatever you say buddy.

Did you really just write that stupidity? He meant his wormhole...don't be so sensitive. Aren't you a -10 pirate?

It puts the peanutbutter on itself or it leaves the bonus round... - E1's greatest Hits

Mike Azariah
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#6446 - 2014-03-27 21:57:53 UTC
H aVo K wrote:

/facepalm

Really? That's your idea of contributing something new? Shifting the focus back onto Sohkar's breaking point?

Funny, I don't recall mentioning HIS breaking point. Derogatory terms might just as easily refer to what he said to one of the people in that room. Threats were made, were they not?

Both sides crossed lines, as far as I am concerned.

My point?

Let us stop the cyclic argument and propose changes to make it better. Let us work to FIX what is broken and keep climbing.

Stop with the lawyering, the definitions, work with me, work wqith each other and find what needs fixing and move the hell on to fix something else. Make your points about the issue, not debating club points off of identifying logical fallacies and naming them like it is some sort of bingo game.

Write to your CSM candidate if you want to make suggestions, run if you want to get even more involved. Some of you have done that already.

That make the point?

m

Mike Azariah  ┬──┬ ¯|(ツ)

Dave Stark
#6447 - 2014-03-27 21:59:06 UTC
Mike Azariah wrote:
Let us work to FIX what is broken and keep climbing.

so CCP are finally getting around to dealing with pos code?

excellent.
Serene Repose
#6448 - 2014-03-27 21:59:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Serene Repose
Is your goal to gin-up policy over this? Read Vyl Vit's posts. Hard to find amid the flying BS from the know-it-alls and chest beaters. But...something to consider with a certain amount of GRAVITY.

EDIT: I don't see how a CSM would make any difference on either side. If CCP is worried about its criminal culpability and civil liability, they'd have a LAWYER LAWYERING on matters such as these. That's what they pay them for. A CSM? Yeah, right.

If internet users, including EVE players, on the other hand wish to protect themselves from criminal culpability or civil liability, it'd do them well to know the law.

From what I heard on that recording, all involved in that are too far gone to bother with such admonitions as these. What'd be interesting is law enforcement in the appropriate jurisdiction's opinion of this. Guaranteed, their vote will count way more than anyone on this bandwidth draining thread, and would be somewhat FINAL.

We must accommodate the idiocracy.

Mag's
Azn Empire
#6449 - 2014-03-27 22:00:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Mag's
Drone 16 wrote:
Mag's wrote:

Did you really just write that stupidity? He meant his wormhole...don't be so sensitive. Aren't you a -10 pirate?
Just going on their past and colourful posting history. They may have calmed down at this point, so yes I could be wrong. Blink

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

Drone 16
Holy Horde
#6450 - 2014-03-27 22:01:24 UTC
Danalee wrote:
Drone 16 wrote:
stuff

You should read between the lines, they are going to cut the dead weight that sokhar the racist is.

Good riddance!

D.

Bear

Maybe they will...he shouldn't have said those things. I'm not here to make excuses for poor behavior unlike yourself who will go to the mat for a creepy individual who asks his contestants to write his name in peanut butter on themselves and send him the pics

It puts the peanutbutter on itself or it leaves the bonus round... - E1's greatest Hits

H aVo K
Tycheon Industries
#6451 - 2014-03-27 22:02:17 UTC
LUMINOUS SPIRIT wrote:
Sapheni wrote:
LUMINOUS SPIRIT wrote:
Look what Microsoft is doing in cases like this:

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-26766098

EVE should do similar.

Obviously it would need something to prevent abuse, but the concept is good. In EVE players with a red card could lose forum posting and local posting 'privileges'. No more forum trolls and no more scammers in Jita. Self regulation 4tw.

+1

See, now we are on the right track.

After the banhammer, the task for next CSM is to work out a system like this I think.

Maybe some good will happen from this tragedy after all.

Can we poke you with a stick if the ban hammer actually falls, but falls in a way that you aren't expecting?
Danalee
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#6452 - 2014-03-27 22:02:20 UTC
Mike Azariah wrote:
H aVo K wrote:

/facepalm

Really? That's your idea of contributing something new? Shifting the focus back onto Sohkar's breaking point?

Funny, I don't recall mentioning HIS breaking point. Derogatory terms might just as easily refer to what he said to one of the people in that room. Threats were made, were they not?

My point?

Let us stop the cyclic argument and propose changes to make it better. Let us work to FIX what is broken and keep climbing.

Stop with the lawyering, the definitions, work with me, work wqith each other and find what needs fixing and move the hell on to fix something else. Make your points about the issue, not debating club points off of identifying logical fallacies and naming them like it is some sort of bingo game.

Write to your CSM candidate if you want to make suggestions, run if you want to get even more involved. Some of you have done that already.

That make the point?

m

Good point.

Dear possible CSM choice,

Please don't change anything because some adult weirdo's consent to doing weird things outside of the game.

Thanks.

D.

Bear

Proud member of the Somalian Coast Guard Authority

Member and Juror of the Court of Crime and Punishment

Dave Stark
#6453 - 2014-03-27 22:02:35 UTC
Drone 16 wrote:
Danalee wrote:
Drone 16 wrote:
stuff

Good riddance!

D.

Bear

Maybe they will...he shouldn't have said those things. I'm not here to make excuses for poor behavior unlike yourself who will go to the mat for a creepy individual who asks his contestants to write his name in peanut butter on themselves and send him the pics

what's wrong with asking people to write their name in peanut butter on themselves and send proof?
Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#6454 - 2014-03-27 22:03:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Herzog Wolfhammer
Drone 16 wrote:
Mag's wrote:
LUMINOUS SPIRIT wrote:
Xuixien wrote:

Whatever you say buddy.

Ninnying about "feeling threatened" is part of the "game" to some people. I expect that is Sohkar is not banned it will be a common MO of this crowd to take everything as a threat and attempt a trend of that so CCP is flooded with more "I feel threatened" petitions. At the least it will simply force more people to never talk to anybody and the "this is not a single player game" crowd will complain even more.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Bizzaro Stormy MurphDog
B.L.U.E L.A.S.E.R.
#6455 - 2014-03-27 22:03:09 UTC
Salvos Rhoska wrote:
Bizzaro Stormy MurphDog wrote:

When someone is free to up and terminate a situation, at any time, on less than a moment's notice . . . they are not being tortured

That is a commonly held false belief.

"Torture is the systematic and deliberate infliction of acute pain by one person on another, or on a third person, in order to accomplish the purpose of the former against the will of the latter." - Amnesty International.

There is no requirement of being constrained from leaving the situation, or for being subjected to torture involuntarily, in the above.

At law, according to this definition, it is a question of the "purpose of the former against the will of the latter."

In the specific case of Erotica1's activities in the Bonus Room, torture is the mechanism whereby they force the victim to abort the Bonus Room participation, thereby granting a win to Erotica1.

It is exactly by a person LEAVING the torture he is subjected to within the Bonus Room, that facilitates Erotica1 wins.

are you joking?

you must be joking.

Your joke? Not funny. Especially when you imply that a victim of torture "wins" by sticking around and enduring the torture.

Sweet Jesus, this is the first time I've actually been concerned about the mental state of the new generation. Or horrified about the degradation in the mindset of my generation.

I am not an alt of Chribba.

Xuixien
Solar Winds Security Solutions
#6456 - 2014-03-27 22:04:49 UTC
Mike Azariah wrote:
H aVo K wrote:

/facepalm

My point?

That make the point?

m

If I asked you to look up the word "derogatory", would that be crossing the line?

Epic Space Cat, Horsegirl, Philanthropist

Drone 16
Holy Horde
#6457 - 2014-03-27 22:05:17 UTC
Dave Stark wrote:
Drone 16 wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:
Mike Azariah wrote:
HTFU? Why? Why do we have to close our eyes and allow the game to get worse?

why does not bending to whiners make the game worse?

It doesn't, that's why I think they may take action against E1 despite the:

"sky is falling"

"pack your **** the game is over if we admit that E1 acted inappropriately"

"care bears are winning"

"we are hard guys so our whining isn't REALLY whining"

"oh noes, I will never gank again"

handwringing histrionics that you, your 10 friends and all of their alts have been doing over 300+ pages.

TL/DR stop whining I can't drink your tears fast enough

sense, make some.

Your tears are so delicious. I hope that clarifies things for you. I may have some crayons lying about or would you prefer I wrote it in peanut butter so you and E1 can read it together.

Xuixien
Solar Winds Security Solutions
#6458 - 2014-03-27 22:06:41 UTC
Salvos Rhoska wrote:

When someone is free to up and terminate a situation, at any time, on less than a moment's notice . . . they are not being tortured

That is a commonly held false belief.

"Torture is the systematic and deliberate infliction of acute pain by one person on another, or on a third person, in order to accomplish the purpose of the former against the will of the latter." - Amnesty International.

There is no requirement of being constrained from leaving the situation, or for being subjected to torture involuntarily, in the above.

At law, according to this definition, it is a question of the "purpose of the former against the will of the latter."

In the specific case of Erotica1's activities in the Bonus Room, torture is the mechanism whereby they force the victim to abort the Bonus Room participation, thereby granting a win to Erotica1.

It is exactly by a person LEAVING the torture he is subjected to within the Bonus Room, that facilitates Erotica1 wins.

are you joking?

you must be joking.

Your joke? Not funny. Especially when you imply that a victim of torture "wins" by sticking around and enduring the torture.

Sweet Jesus, this is the first time I've actually been concerned about the mental state of the new generation. Or horrified about the degradation in the mindset of my generation.

Let's go ahead and look up the definition of the word "torture". When you're done, please write the definition on your chest and take a picture of it.

Epic Space Cat, Horsegirl, Philanthropist

Dave Stark
#6459 - 2014-03-27 22:06:51 UTC
Drone 16 wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:
Drone 16 wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:
Mike Azariah wrote:
HTFU? Why? Why do we have to close our eyes and allow the game to get worse?

why does not bending to whiners make the game worse?

It doesn't, that's why I think they may take action against E1 despite the:

"sky is falling"

"pack your **** the game is over if we admit that E1 acted inappropriately"

"care bears are winning"

"we are hard guys so our whining isn't REALLY whining"

"oh noes, I will never gank again"

handwringing histrionics that you, your 10 friends and all of their alts have been doing over 300+ pages.

TL/DR stop whining I can't drink your tears fast enough

sense, make some.

Your tears are so delicious. I hope that clarifies things for you. I may have some crayons lying about or would you prefer I wrote it in peanut butter so you and E1 can read it together.

how would you know? i'm not crying. i asked a question, that was all.

reading isn't your forte is it?
Mike Azariah
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#6460 - 2014-03-27 22:07:16 UTC
Xuixien wrote:

If I asked you to look up the word "derogatory", would that be crossing the line?

Nope, it would be appropriate, I have a migraine today and language skills are the first to go (along with sight in my right eye)

Derogatory is far too soft a term for what I meant.

thank you, now what word was I trying for?

m

Mike Azariah  ┬──┬ ¯|(ツ)