These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Jester Trek Latest Blog

First post First post
Author
Tor Norman
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#5261 - 2014-03-27 14:28:01 UTC
LordOfDespair wrote:
Remiel Pollard wrote:
Strawman...

You keep using this word as if you think you know what it means.

Could you tell us please? And also, provide an example. Thanks. Just so that we know how we should be arguing with you from now on.

Google it and educate yourself pleb.

Keep saying it because that's all people are doing.

He doesn't want the definition of the term, he wants your definition of it.

I talk about EVE trading and general space violence in my blog.

For the ISK and the yarr!

PinkPanter
Valhalla Drinking Team
#5262 - 2014-03-27 14:28:10 UTC
Crumplecorn wrote:
PinkPanter wrote:
Giovanni erkelens2 wrote:
*counts down to the time someone kills himself due a scam or bonusroom in eve*

if that happens we're all ****** cause the number of rules that will step in not mentioning what will the community do will literally put this game to ****.
People have already died over stuffs in MMOGs.

none of them advertises scum and villany as a marketing point.

Next CCP ad.

We're so hard core people kill themselves over it and we're FINE with it.
Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#5263 - 2014-03-27 14:28:19 UTC
lollerwaffle wrote:

If he had something, or could even state an example of how I was 'strawmanning', don't you think he would have done so by now?

Stay tuned, because not that I need to, but I'm about to demonstrate conclusively how stupid he is.

I'm pretty good at drawing them out ;)

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#5264 - 2014-03-27 14:29:38 UTC
LordOfDespair wrote:
Korhaka Mirunas wrote:
Since this incident I have been able to use it to start a conversation with multiple people about EVE, then used that to get 2 people to start a trial and another to return to the game.

If used right there is no such thing as bad publicity.

Prove it.

Demands proof of other people's claims.

Ignores demands that he prove his own.

Classic intellectual dishonesty at its finest.

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

PinkPanter
Valhalla Drinking Team
#5265 - 2014-03-27 14:29:51 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
dexington wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
But we recognize the fact that not only was what Sohkar did worse than anything Erotica1 did or could have done to precipitate it, but also the response of the enraged portion of the community (asking for his expulsion and wishing physical violence on him) is also worse than what Erotcia1 does.

Yeah that Sohkar is a real bad guy, without reason or prior provocation he just logs on to E1's TS server and verbally abuse him, and that was exactly what happen, E1 is clearly the victim here!

and now it's time to snort 2cb mixed with ketamine, and smoke some dmt.

So, it's ok to spew death threats and obscenely racist statements as long as someone on the internet made you mad?

Provocation does not equal vindication. Especially when the "provocation" is as flimsy as this.

Where I live a cop can provoke me to break the law then send me to court for braking it while having it all recorded on video and I will be the one that will have to pay for it.
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#5266 - 2014-03-27 14:29:57 UTC
Kyperion wrote:
lollerwaffle wrote:
LordOfDespair wrote:

It is such a sad and pathetic thing to do , and I'm shocked so many people are defending it.

The point, you missed it.

Because I'm not you, here's why you're missing the point:

No one is defending what Erotica 1 did. What they are saying, is that Erotica 1 has not broken any rules. Therefore, calling for him to be permanently banned from the game based on his actions, which while beyond bad taste did not break any rules, is akin to requesting people to be banned because they did something that some other people don't like, regardless of whether any rules are broken or not.

I await your snarky one liner which I'm sure will deliver your points in a clear and coherent manner.

Actually there are plenty of forum scum here defending what Erotica 1 did.....

Incorrect, there are many EVE players in here stating that even though it was in extremely poor taste Erotica 1 violated no rules and does not deserve a ban.

Mostly because a lot of us aren't prone to hysterical knee jerk reactions, and/or believe that if the "victim" is a more than willing participant you can't really deem the proceedings as "torture".

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#5267 - 2014-03-27 14:30:22 UTC
dexington wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
But we recognize the fact that not only was what Sohkar did worse than anything Erotica1 did or could have done to precipitate it, but also the response of the enraged portion of the community (asking for his expulsion and wishing physical violence on him) is also worse than what Erotcia1 does.

Yeah that Sohkar is a real bad guy, without reason or prior provocation he just logs on to E1's TS server and verbally abuse him, and that was exactly what happen, E1 is clearly the victim here!

The reason why he did it doesn't matter.

i gave the example of a situation I dealt with because of my job. A guy had his iphone snatched so he chased down the guy who stole it and after retrieving his property proceeded to then 'teach him a lesson' which resulted in serious and permanent bodily injury. Sure, none if it would have happened if the other guy hadn't been a robber (and it was robbery, not theft), but the 'victim' rightly got much more time for his action because he seriously overstepped.

Same here. There is NOTHING anyone can do that would justify someone use treating your life and your family. There is no justification for the kind of racial abuse Sohkar did. There is no justification for wanting to see erotica1 hurt so that you can laugh at it.

Period.
Mario Putzo
#5268 - 2014-03-27 14:30:23 UTC
Prince Kobol wrote:

In case Themittani / Evenews24 would of been shut down years ago

And so they should be, assuming of course Erotica 1 is banned, all third party stuff must be shut down. Kugu, Scrap heap, Battleclinic, EVEKILL just to name a few others.

Every one of them has slanderous petty attacks on other players, thing is no one has made a blog about TMC publishing dozens of articles that amount to harassing players who have lost ships. Heck maybe Ripard Teg should write about the year+ worth of harassment of players by Angry Moustache.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#5269 - 2014-03-27 14:30:39 UTC
PinkPanter wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
dexington wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:

So, it's ok to spew death threats and obscenely racist statements as long as someone on the internet made you mad?

Provocation does not equal vindication. Especially when the "provocation" is as flimsy as this.

Where I live a cop can provoke me to break the law then send me to court for braking it while having it all recorded on video and I will be the one that will have to pay for it.

So, we're in agreement then.

Permaban Sohkar.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Danalee
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#5270 - 2014-03-27 14:31:47 UTC
Regis Solo wrote:

That is not Ripard's fault, he did not call for people to be violent towards Ero. The people in this thread are responsible for their own comments.

Prefacing a silly racist not wanting to sing and having his wife come shout at random people on the internet with: 'This poor man got tortured, boohoohoo, ero is mean' Is exactly calling for people to be violent and mean to Ero.

I'm gonna post this every time someone beats the poor dead horse;

What happend;
Ero: Give me your isk and I double it.
Adult ATC: Here's all my isk
Ero: haha, you need to come on teamspeak and win a bonus round where I invent the rules as we go
Adult ATC: ok
Ero: read this text please
Adult ATC: Ok, N-BOMB, Gaybash, shout, scream, rant
Ero: Sing songs
Adult ATC: NO! N-BOMB, Gaybash, shout, scream, rant
Adult ATC: I'l gonna kill you!
Adult ATC: My wife will come and scream at you some more

How it should have been;
Adult ATC: Here's all my isk
Ero: haha, you need to come on teamspeak and win a bonus round where I invent the rules as we go
Adult ATC: Wait what? Naaaah... You scammed me, well played.

What normal people do:
Adult ATC: No way dude, I know it's just pixels but I want to buy space bling with them.

D.

Bear

Proud member of the Somalian Coast Guard Authority

Member and Juror of the Court of Crime and Punishment

Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#5271 - 2014-03-27 14:31:55 UTC
PinkPanter wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
dexington wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:

More really bad analogies.

A cop can put a gun to your head, sure.

Ero didn't put a gun to Sokhar's head, doesn't wear a badge and doesn't carry state-sanctioned authority that Sokhar was bound to obey.

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#5272 - 2014-03-27 14:32:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenn aSide
Ranger 1 wrote:
Kyperion wrote:
lollerwaffle wrote:
LordOfDespair wrote:

It is such a sad and pathetic thing to do , and I'm shocked so many people are defending it.

The point, you missed it.

Because I'm not you, here's why you're missing the point:

No one is defending what Erotica 1 did. What they are saying, is that Erotica 1 has not broken any rules. Therefore, calling for him to be permanently banned from the game based on his actions, which while beyond bad taste did not break any rules, is akin to requesting people to be banned because they did something that some other people don't like, regardless of whether any rules are broken or not.

I await your snarky one liner which I'm sure will deliver your points in a clear and coherent manner.

Actually there are plenty of forum scum here defending what Erotica 1 did.....

Incorrect, there are many EVE players in here stating that even though it was in extremely poor taste Erotica 1 violated no rules and does not deserve a ban.

Mostly because a lot of us aren't prone to hysterical knee jerk reactions, and/or believe that if the "victim" is a more than willing participant you can't really deem the proceedings as "torture".

I think it's a case of emotional thinkers (kill E1!) vs rational thinkers (Erotica1 might be creepy, but rules exist for a reason). You see that the guy you are replying to can't help but add emotion based insults to his posts.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#5273 - 2014-03-27 14:33:41 UTC
Regis Solo wrote:

That is not Ripard's fault, he did not call for people to be violent towards Ero. The people in this thread are responsible for their own comments.

Horseshit.

If he hadn't meant for every scrap of this, all of the "torture" comments, capslock and such wouldn't have been in his article.

He is 100% the architect of this. And you're dancing on his strings.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Korhaka Mirunas
Doomheim
#5274 - 2014-03-27 14:37:08 UTC
LordOfDespair wrote:
Korhaka Mirunas wrote:
Since this incident I have been able to use it to start a conversation with multiple people about EVE, then used that to get 2 people to start a trial and another to return to the game.

If used right there is no such thing as bad publicity.

Prove it.

Not quite sure how I would do that, but I can understand you being sceptical as I know what most EVE players are like

We need T3 Shuttles!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiR5Q72kT1U

PinkPanter
Valhalla Drinking Team
#5275 - 2014-03-27 14:37:14 UTC  |  Edited by: PinkPanter
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
PinkPanter wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
dexington wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:

So, we're in agreement then.

Permaban Sohkar.

Good Lord lol.
Just get some braincells.

E1 ain't law here and real world has two sets of rules. One for enforcement and one for obeying.

To make it simple.

Intentional action to make somebody break the law by manipulating, extorting, harrasing is a crime. the person that was manipulated into doing it usually is put under circumstantial fault which is usually less severy (or none very very often) in terms of damages to pay than the person that started it all.

So E1 perma ban (as this was not a isolated incident) and S dude some sort of punishment like 7 or 14 MAYBE 30 days.
It's how **** works so don;t try to reinvent how 21st century world goes around cause you're proving that the ability to speak does not make you intelligent (ty Master QuiGon)
H aVo K
Tycheon Industries
#5276 - 2014-03-27 14:37:30 UTC
LUMINOUS SPIRIT wrote:
E1 & Co. just made a cardinal mistake of pissing on the united states service men and women.

God knows i disagree with some things US gov't does, but I never disrespect and belittle the brave men and women who are sent to do dangerous jobs overseas.

For your little sadist circle to laugh about some very serious issues facing the service men and women is not cool. Especially since EVE Online is where a large number of them choose to spend their free time.

But keep digging.

You're trying to equate the mental trauma of losing $20 worth of assets in a video game and being asked to perform humiliating stunts to get it back.... with the mental trauma of having to watch your friends get turned into pink mist when an IED goes off....

And you actually think that E1 & Co. are the ones being disrespectful to those in the service? Are you ******* kidding me? Get some goddamned perspective; The hyperbole you've been spewing in this thread has been as disgusting, if not more, than the actions that spawned the blog post to begin with.

Every 11 Nov, I drink 3 shots for 3 dead friends who died in Afghanistan. And you're trying to tell me that losing a goddamned game of monopoly is just as traumatic? You disgust me.
dexington
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#5277 - 2014-03-27 14:39:04 UTC  |  Edited by: dexington
Prince Kobol wrote:
Not to subject Sohkar to a ban will open a door nobody wants to see. There is no excuse for ever using racist language.

That would means you could send CCP something like **** on kugu, and have a lot of the leading null-sec players banned for use of racist language. Everyone would start sending TS recording to CCP demanding ban of anyone they didn't like, i really don't think that is going to happen.

CCP can ban you for what you say or write in-game, using their software, but i really don't think they can do much about what someone says on a privately owned TS server.

You can report Sohkar to the police for threats, that did get some kid playing lol in a lot of trouble recently.

I'm a relatively respectable citizen. Multiple felon perhaps, but certainly not dangerous.

Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#5278 - 2014-03-27 14:39:10 UTC
PinkPanter wrote:

One too many really bad prequel references.

Go back to SWTOR.

Druthlen
The Carlisle Group
#5279 - 2014-03-27 14:39:15 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
There is no justification for wanting to see erotica1 hurt so that you can laugh at it.

Period.

This last part....LMAO So ironic since that is exactly what E1 does. Hurt people so he and his friends can lulz.
Anslo
Scope Works
#5280 - 2014-03-27 14:39:23 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Regis Solo wrote:

Horseshit.

If he hadn't meant for every scrap of this, all of the "torture" comments, capslock and such wouldn't have been in his article.

He is 100% the architect of this. And you're dancing on his strings.

And you're a rumor mongering forum alt shitlord. Why should we care what you think?

[center]-_For the Proveldtariat_/-[/center]