These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Jester Trek Latest Blog

First post First post
Author
Anslo
Scope Works
#4241 - 2014-03-27 02:09:40 UTC
La Nariz wrote:
Anslo wrote:
La Nariz wrote:
Anslo wrote:

Yet I and many others don't give two tugs of a dead dog's **** you think pubbies can't speak.

We speak.

We continue to speak.

We won't stop.

Deal with it.

P.S. -2edgy4mebro

Its that you shouldn't be allowed to speak not whether you can or can't.

Oh well. We are allowed. Deal with it, nerd.

Our intense lobbying that the masterful investigator dinsdale piranah discovered is working to change that.

Cool story bro.

[center]-_For the Proveldtariat_/-[/center]

La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#4242 - 2014-03-27 02:11:25 UTC
Anslo wrote:

Cool story bro.

Example B.

This post was loving crafted by a member of the Official GoonWaffe recruitment team. Improve the forums, support this idea: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=345133

mynnna
State War Academy
Caldari State
#4243 - 2014-03-27 02:11:31 UTC
EI Digin wrote:
You've touched on a very important aspect of this issue.

There is no possible way that any person can officially prove that the statements on a third-party website were in fact made by the party that they claim. There is always an aspect of trust involved with computer security, and the fact that private alliance forums and many other forms of communication are not directly controlled by CCP or other approved third party there is no true trustable method of user authentication. Not to mention that screenshots can be manipulated.

As well, there's no way for you to tell that this soundcloud is truly legitimate and that the parties are who they say they are. Unless of course they admit to it in a CCP controlled forum or in game that it was them. But still, you have to trust that the content was not manipulated past the time in which they have made their admission.

Thus, the only policing that is possible to do so in a fair and equitable manner is to do so within the grounds of the game, where the environment is completely controlled by CCP and identity is guaranteed. Especially in an environment that is so metagame heavy and where people regularly take things too far for their own benefit.

Pretty convenient, then, that they frequently post both chatlogs (often even screenshots) and recordings together on their own, then, affirming and embracing that they're doing it. Whether that's sufficient evidence is up to CCP, of course.

Member of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal

Toshiro Ozuwara
Perkone
#4244 - 2014-03-27 02:13:43 UTC
I got 99 PAP links and a pubbie ain't one.

It didn't take long to locate the tracking beacon, deep inside the quarters for sleepin' They thought they could get away Not today, it's not the way that this kid plays

Anslo
Scope Works
#4245 - 2014-03-27 02:14:32 UTC
Toshiro Ozuwara wrote:
I got 99 PAP links and a pubbie ain't one.

Psh we don't need no PAP links, we got that much swag.

What now?

[center]-_For the Proveldtariat_/-[/center]

Scipio Artelius
Weaponised Vegemite
Flying Dangerous
#4246 - 2014-03-27 02:17:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Scipio Artelius
Liese Shardani wrote:
Out of curiosity, have they ever run a Bonus Round for a female player? Are there any female escrow agents? I've only heard male voices.

I don't know. I haven't listened to more than those two.

I don't have anything against the bonus room as a method of scamming a huge payday out of someone. It's no worse than any other method of scamming huge payments, but the mayo and pictures crossed a line for me that I've expressed before.

However my line is exactly that. It's what I'm comfortable with versus not comfortable with and my idea of acceptable shouldn't be the determining factor of where rules are set in EvE.

I don't think anyone else's idea of acceptable is the place to draw the line either, other than CCP's.

Demanding that people only behave a certain way according to my beliefs is not where I would like to see the game go from this.

The only thing is that CCP should shut this thread and move on; or shut this thread and provide more clarity around what they think is acceptable and then move on.

Anyone who doesn't like it at that point either accepts that or chooses a different course of action based on their convictions.
Dieterlin
Reckless-Endangerment
Manifesto.
#4247 - 2014-03-27 02:22:04 UTC
Mario Putzo wrote:
Dieterlin wrote:

You don't think anything that could constitute harassment (on Ero1's part) or threatening comments (on the victim's part) took place?

Nothing that violates that section you linked no.

If there was clear violation of EULA we wouldn't have a 200+ page thread, Erotica would have been banned a month ago when he linked this soundcloud on these very forums. Long before Ripard blogged about it.

The only reason there isn't a clear EULA violation is because the conversation took place in an out-of-game VOIP service, and that clause of the EULA only covers in-game chat/VOIP. To repeat what I said in previous posts:

Ero1 is clearly harassing ("behaviour intended to disturb or upset") other players far beyond the level that gameplay allows, and the bonus room victim is also clearly making threats, which would put them both in violation of the EULA section on prohibited behavior if this had happened on an in-game service.
Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#4248 - 2014-03-27 02:22:11 UTC
Im sorry, but at this point this threadnaught is useless. It stopped being productive after 50 pages max, and now we are just re-hashing the same arguments over and over. Just when the momentum was dying down, the instigator pops his head in, says NOTHING NEW, and leaves..almost as if to stoke the flames. Shameful act of a troll..by very definition.

This thread has gone on long enough Devs. You have your info you were after, you can see the opinions on both sides. You can lock this sorry piece of social experiment and make your decisions. Im sure you have at this point anyways.

One thing I would like to know, If the CSM and CCP thought the actions in the Bonus Round were as awful as they say they do, how long have you all known about it? Why did it take you so long to say anything? Why is month old news just now tugging at Ripard's ear?

Anyways, my opinions on this subject are not going to change. We know where I stand.The white knight has done more to damage the reputation of the "victim" then Ero ever did. Ero made Sohkar Eve famous, THe WHite Knight and Mr Teg will make him whole-internet famous. Go ahead boys..keep sending that blog link with the soundcloud link around to news sites. Cant wait to hear Jimmy Fallon's monologue mocking Sohkar next week, should be a hoot!

Im done being a log for the flames. Enjoy your witch hunt everyone.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#4249 - 2014-03-27 02:22:18 UTC  |  Edited by: BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
Final Bonus Round stream:
http://www.twitch.tv/chandraflare
http://www.twitch.tv/kristallnachte/

Founder of Violet Squadron, a small gang NPSI community! Mail me for more information.

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie's Space Mediation Service!

DJentropy Ovaert
The Conference Elite
Safety.
#4250 - 2014-03-27 02:23:38 UTC
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN.

IT IS ON.

EROTICA 1 ENTERS THE BONUS ROOM - LIVE STREAMING NOW

http://www.twitch.tv/paddyfinn/
Erica Dusette
Division 13
#4251 - 2014-03-27 02:24:29 UTC
Scipio Artelius wrote:
The only thing is that CCP should shut this thread and move on; or shut this thread and provide more clarity around what they think is acceptable and then move on.

I'm sure CCP folks are talking about it (Even Falcon said it's a topic of discussion right now), so as long as the thread stays semi-civil and constructive it's probably a good way of guaging community feelings as well as canvassing arguments and points from as many sources as they can before making any decisions themselves.

Jack Miton > you be nice or you're sleeping on the couch again!

Part-Time Wormhole Pirate Full-Time Supermodel

worмнole dιary + cнaracтer вιoѕвσss

stoicfaux
#4252 - 2014-03-27 02:25:30 UTC
DJentropy Ovaert wrote:
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN.

IT IS ON.

EROTICA 1 ENTERS THE BONUS ROOM - LIVE STREAMING NOW

http://www.twitch.tv/paddyfinn/

Erotica1 is trying to double his own isk?

Pon Farr Memorial: once every 7 years, all the carebears in high-sec must PvP or they will be temp-banned.

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#4253 - 2014-03-27 02:25:34 UTC
So, I see Ripard's position STILL has no stronger point than "I don't like someone. Ban them, and harshly punish anyone who ever talked to them."

If I get a blog going, and post about getting someone I don't like banned, will that be enough too? Or do I have to be a CSM member before I can publicly call for someone to be banned because I don't like them?

Oh, and Ripard? I call for a public apology for your wildly inappropriate use of the term "Torture" to refer to hurt feelings on the internet. Your inflammatory language is what turned this molehill into a mountain, and no one here bears more responsibility for this bullshit than you.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Toshiro Ozuwara
Perkone
#4254 - 2014-03-27 02:26:53 UTC
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:
This thread has gone on long enough Devs. You have your info you were after, you can see the opinions on both sides. You can lock this sorry piece of social experiment and make your decisions. Im sure you have at this point anyways.

Thanks for moderating. Your check is in the mail.

It didn't take long to locate the tracking beacon, deep inside the quarters for sleepin' They thought they could get away Not today, it's not the way that this kid plays

Mario Putzo
#4255 - 2014-03-27 02:27:52 UTC
Erotica 1 is going to rage out!
Toshiro Ozuwara
Perkone
#4256 - 2014-03-27 02:28:34 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
So, I see Ripard's position STILL has no stronger point than "I don't like someone. Ban them, and harshly punish anyone who ever talked to them."

If I get a blog going, and post about getting someone I don't like banned, will that be enough too? Or do I have to be a CSM member before I can publicly call for someone to be banned because I don't like them?

Oh, and Ripard? I call for a public apology for your wildly inappropriate use of the term "Torture" to refer to hurt feelings on the internet. Your inflammatory language is what turned this molehill into a mountain, and no one here bears more responsibility for this bullshit than you.

There is no need to be upset. Unrustle your jimmies friend.

Dieterlin
Reckless-Endangerment
Manifesto.
#4257 - 2014-03-27 02:29:13 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:

You're calling Ripard out for inflammatory language, and you start your post like that?
DJentropy Ovaert
The Conference Elite
Safety.
#4258 - 2014-03-27 02:30:05 UTC
stoicfaux wrote:

Erotica1 is trying to double his own isk?

WISH HIM LUCK IN THE BONUS ROOM
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#4259 - 2014-03-27 02:31:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Kaarous Aldurald
Dieterlin wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:

You're calling Ripard out for inflammatory language, and you start your post like that?

No, on the third or so page, I said that his first blog post was overblown, and that if he really wants to help the less fortunate he needs to spend a few hours at a soup kitchen.

But I've been calling him out on his bullshittery for the last day or so. The entire thing is manufactured and packaged by him, a month after the actual event.

Oh, and he's a liar. That too.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

Best Meltdown Ever.

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#4260 - 2014-03-27 02:35:58 UTC
You know, I hadn't been decided yet as to whether I would vote for DJ FunkyBacon or not.

But his blog has been pretty much the best analysis of this, and is basically how I feel as well.

Take the time to read it.

http://funkybacon.blogspot.com/

Best Meltdown Ever.