These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Jester Trek Latest Blog

First post First post
Author
Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#4121 - 2014-03-27 00:41:38 UTC
Drone 16 wrote:
Scipio Artelius wrote:
Drone 16 wrote:
I mean he volunteered the info, who could be that stupid?! The TOS wasn't violated, he VOLUNTARILY left his personal info out on the internet so also no laws were broken. He is going to man up and take the consequences.

Damned shame really... remind me to tell you again how thin that blanket you cling to is...
I'm not sure we have enough information either way to confirm the facts?

After all, what we have is the comment of a former GSF member and the comment of a current Goon.

Does that really give us enough information to know the truth and be able to sling mud in either direction?

We had a post earlier by E1 stating that a "DJ" was "blackmailing" him over personal info that "DJ" "dug" up on him. I can't be bothered to find it, but it seems to corroborate what the Goons are saying.

Yeah sorry, I'm not going to say anymore in regards to that because I don't want to get banned. Shockingly I like logging in to EVE sometimes.

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

Genseric Tollaris
Hard Cog Industry
#4122 - 2014-03-27 00:41:38 UTC
dexington wrote:
Genseric Tollaris wrote:
It doesn't surprise me that a pubbie scrub like yourself would support Riptard. Keep supporting racism bro, you'll get it one day.

If you are so concerned about racism, i can point you on the direction of some **** on kugu recordings where players who seem to be involved in sniggerdly/WAFFLES./SniggWaffe/PL are freely throwing around racist remarks.

Then report it yourself.
Upde
Upde Harris Industries
#4123 - 2014-03-27 00:41:47 UTC
Xuixien wrote:
Jill Chastot wrote:
Tor Norman wrote:
For those of you just joining us and are a little confused where this threadnaught came from, allow me to explain the cycle of arguments that have been repeating until now.

Erotica 1 is mean and should be permabanned.
Scamming people isn't against the game's rules.
We're not discussing the scams, they're fine. We don't like the way he tortures his mark for hours.
His mark can leave the conversation at any time they choose.
But if he leaves, he forfeits all his space cash.
He's forfeiting his space cash because he got scammed. Scamming people isn't against the game's rules.
We're not discussing the scams, they're fine. We don't like the way he tortures his mark for hours.

As of this writing, the cyclical argument has entered its 206th iteration. So far, nobody seems to have caught on.

EULA wrote:
You may not submit any content to any chat room or other public forum within the Game that is harassing, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, libelous or defamatory, encourages conduct that could constitute a criminal offense or give rise to civil liabilities, or is unlawful in any other way, including without limitation the submission of content that infringes on a third-party’s intellectual property rights.

You're very bad at interpreting this sort of language, aren't you?

Linking a TeamSpeak server is not "submitting content to any chat room within the Game that is harassing, abusive, (etcetc)."

pretty sure Mittani wasn't in game when he said his piece at fanfest either..............

so what is it going to be.

Mittani got busted simply for bringing CCP and EVE into disrepute in a public environment. We are seeing the same thing here through the atnics of E1 et al. bringing bad press to CCP, leveraging CCP IP for out of game "questionable" activities, same thing goes for the contestant.

based on CCP's previous form you'd hedge bets on all parties getting a ban if CCP decide to go that route with some tenuous EULA tie in just like they did to Mittani
Ban Bindy
Bindy Brothers Pottery Association
True Reign
#4124 - 2014-03-27 00:42:12 UTC
http://www.justanswer.com/criminal-law/6ce6u-someone-gives-verbal-death-threat-offense.html

This is to answer the guys who keep posting over and over about the victim ending up in the famous orange jumpsuit. No, it is not illegal to issue the kind of death threat uttered in the recording. Nor is the hate speech, not in the US. You cannot criminalize speech.

Whether or not its against the EULA is another matter. What it means about the person who said it is another matter.

But you can't expect the people who fall for the isk doubling scam to be the kind of people you'd want to have lunch with. They've already failed a pretty serious IQ test.

The scammer and his cohorts are the ones who do this over and over again for hours and hours and hours and hours. The scammer and his cohorts are the reason the recording even exists. So to equate the two parties involved here is a political move, a way to dodge the real issue. The scammer has done this lots of times looking for a nice juicy meltdown like he got with this victim. Point the finger at the other guy all you want, but it's the psycho scammer who needs to exit the game.

I do not support scamming in the game at all. There's no risk involved unless you turn it into your fetish and start posting your two-hour scams on the internet.
Mario Putzo
#4125 - 2014-03-27 00:42:22 UTC
dexington wrote:
Genseric Tollaris wrote:
It doesn't surprise me that a pubbie scrub like yourself would support Riptard. Keep supporting racism bro, you'll get it one day.

If you are so concerned about racism, i can point you on the direction of some **** on kugu recordings where players who seem to be involved in sniggerdly/WAFFLES./SniggWaffe/PL are freely throwing around racist remarks.

make a blog about it
Ripard Teg
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#4126 - 2014-03-27 00:43:08 UTC
Scipio Artelius wrote:
One thing you didn't address Ripard is what you believe should happen in response to the actions and behaviour of the victim of the scam in this particular case.

Ban one side, but what about the other side here?

I believe Erotica 1 should report this matter and provide the full soundcloud recording to his local law enforcement, as he is directly instructed to do by item #5 in the EVE Online Terms of Service.

I'm sure they'd be quite interested.

aka Jester, who apparently was once Deemed Worthy To Wield The Banhammer to good effect.

Anslo
Scope Works
#4127 - 2014-03-27 00:43:08 UTC
Genseric Tollaris wrote:
Says the pubbie scrub.

Says the pet.

[center]-_For the Proveldtariat_/-[/center]

Jill Chastot
Black Water Oasis
#4128 - 2014-03-27 00:44:04 UTC
Xuixien wrote:
Jill Chastot wrote:
Xuixien wrote:
Jill Chastot wrote:
Xuixien wrote:
Splerg

T_______________________________________T

Read the last line you flaming nitwit

I did. It's irrelevant to the point I was making. Get madder.

The entire quote is pointing to the fact that either they both did wrong or none did wrong.... so your big high and mighty post is literally pointless

My point is that you misinterpreted the portion of the EULA you posted.

The same way you misinterpreted what I posted.

I'm noticing a pattern here.

I misinterpreted the fact that i feel that CCP is either going to assume they both arsed up or neither did?

Is that it?

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=298596&find=unread OATHS wants you. Come to the WH "Safety in eve is the greatest fallacy you will ever encounter. Once you accept this you will truely enjoy this game."

Mario Putzo
#4129 - 2014-03-27 00:44:48 UTC
Ripard Teg wrote:
Scipio Artelius wrote:
One thing you didn't address Ripard is what you believe should happen in response to the actions and behaviour of the victim of the scam in this particular case.

I believe Erotica 1 should report this matter and provide the full soundcloud recording to his local law enforcement, as he is directly instructed to do by item #5 in the EVE Online Terms of Service.

I believe you should step down from the CSM.
Ivan Krividus
No Time Needed No Rush
The-Expanse
#4130 - 2014-03-27 00:45:15 UTC
Xuixien wrote:
Dieterlin wrote:

Victims don't have to be innocent, or intelligent. This is irrelevant to the discussion about Ero1, but seems to be repeated every second post for some reason - probably because what Ero1 did is indefensible, and his supporters need to divert the conversation to something else.

Now, the victim is clearly also guilty of using slurs and making threats, and may deserve a ban as well, but that's a separate issue entirely.

Yeah, telling someone to sing "Gummy Bears to the Rescue" is indefensible. Roll

But the victim was incited to make slurs and use foul language. Technically, he did nothing wrong because this can be construed as extortion on Erotica's part, which is defined as :

"The most basic form of the offense occurs when a person compels or induces another person to engage or refrain from engaging in lawful conduct by means of instilling a fear in the victim that, if the demand is not complied with, the actor or another will engage in a variety of acts "calculated to harm another person materially with respect to his or her health, safety, business, calling, career, financial condition, reputation or personal relationships.""
Genseric Tollaris
Hard Cog Industry
#4131 - 2014-03-27 00:45:40 UTC
Anslo wrote:
Genseric Tollaris wrote:
Says the pubbie scrub.

Says the pet.

Pets are higher up in the pecking order than pubbie scrubs bro, and Waffles is a training corp, not a pet.
Xuixien
Solar Winds Security Solutions
#4132 - 2014-03-27 00:46:27 UTC
Upde wrote:
Xuixien wrote:
Jill Chastot wrote:
Tor Norman wrote:
For those of you just joining us and are a little confused where this threadnaught came from, allow me to explain the cycle of arguments that have been repeating until now.

Erotica 1 is mean and should be permabanned.
Scamming people isn't against the game's rules.
He's forfeiting his space cash because he got scammed. Scamming people isn't against the game's rules.

As of this writing, the cyclical argument has entered its 206th iteration. So far, nobody seems to have caught on.

EULA wrote:
You may not submit any content to any chat room or other public forum within the Game that is harassing, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, libelous or defamatory, encourages conduct that could constitute a criminal offense or give rise to civil liabilities, or is unlawful in any other way, including without limitation the submission of content that infringes on a third-party’s intellectual property rights.

You're very bad at interpreting this sort of language, aren't you?

Linking a TeamSpeak server is not "submitting content to any chat room within the Game that is harassing, abusive, (etcetc)."

pretty sure Mittani wasn't in game when he said his piece at fanfest either..............

so what is it going to be.

Mittani got busted simply for bringing CCP and EVE into disrepute in a public environment. We are seeing the same thing here through the atnics of E1 et al. bringing bad press to CCP, leveraging CCP IP for out of game "questionable" activities, same thing goes for the contestant.

based on CCP's previous form you'd hedge bets on all parties getting a ban if CCP decide to go that route with some tenuous EULA tie in just like they did to Mittani

Mittens was still acting within the public forum of the Alliance Panel, which is an official part of "the Game" or "the System" of EVE Online.

It was an official EVE Online forum hosted by CCP.

Epic Space Cat, Horsegirl, Philanthropist

H aVo K
Tycheon Industries
#4133 - 2014-03-27 00:47:26 UTC
olan2005 wrote:
H aVo K wrote:
olan2005 wrote:
7 . This kind of brutal humiliation of people and psychological bullying through ransom of assets , needs to be stated by CCP to be illegal when using out of game mechanisms. BASICALLY MAKE IT ILLEGAL TO INVITE PEOPLE TO TEAMSPEAK SO FORTH WHEN YOUR SCAMMING THEM . This keeps everything within the EULA by keeping it in-game. As such it can be handled by CCP within the EULA framework

This would likely have an unintended effect on awoxing and corporate espionage.

Then ill adjust it

Make so when scamming individual players and or griefing individual players you can only use IN-GAME mechanisms
E.G i decide o become a scammer

I choose to scam a person out of their isk and assets . I use out of game mechanisms to do so it is illegal

E.G I decide to be a spy or thief within a corp/ alliance

I use out of game mechanisms like Teamspeak . This is fine as my intent is to steal from a corporation, and inflict financial damage to a in-game entity , that consists of real people , but it is not specifically directed at them . It is done with the purpose of theft of goods not to DELIBERATELY cause someone psychological harm. Or it is done to benefit my alliance not out of intent to cause the poeple in said corp/alliance duress.

And you think you're good to go, but then get banned because all the stuff you stole, and laughed about on TS, actually belonged to the CEO of the corp.

I don't think we're going to be able to escape the issue that, when certain morally reprehensible behaviours are condoned by the rules, that excluding others by the rules, simply because they (quite rightly) leave a bad taste in your mouth becomes... well... harder to do in a way that leads to a fair and predictable application of those rules.
Michele Bachmann
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#4134 - 2014-03-27 00:47:28 UTC
Ripard Teg wrote:
Scipio Artelius wrote:

wow this is rich, you clearly do not understand what consent means
dexington
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#4135 - 2014-03-27 00:47:44 UTC
Genseric Tollaris wrote:
dexington wrote:
Genseric Tollaris wrote:

Then report it yourself.

oh so you only against racism outside you own organisation, okay that makes sense...

I'm a relatively respectable citizen. Multiple felon perhaps, but certainly not dangerous.

Xuixien
Solar Winds Security Solutions
#4136 - 2014-03-27 00:48:23 UTC
Ivan Krividus wrote:
Xuixien wrote:
Dieterlin wrote:

Victims don't have to be innocent, or intelligent. This is irrelevant to the discussion about Ero1, but seems to be repeated every second post for some reason - probably because what Ero1 did is indefensible, and his supporters need to divert the conversation to something else.

Now, the victim is clearly also guilty of using slurs and making threats, and may deserve a ban as well, but that's a separate issue entirely.

Yeah, telling someone to sing "Gummy Bears to the Rescue" is indefensible. Roll

But the victim was incited to make slurs and use foul language. Technically, he did nothing wrong because this can be construed as extortion on Erotica's part, which is defined as :

"The most basic form of the offense occurs when a person compels or induces another person to engage or refrain from engaging in lawful conduct by means of instilling a fear in the victim that, if the demand is not complied with, the actor or another will engage in a variety of acts "calculated to harm another person materially with respect to his or her health, safety, business, calling, career, financial condition, reputation or personal relationships.""

So let's follow your reasoning all the way then.

Let's say in his anger he killed his wife while throwing his desk around. It landed on her and she snapped her neck, she's dead.

How much you want to bet your defense holds up in court?

Epic Space Cat, Horsegirl, Philanthropist

Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#4137 - 2014-03-27 00:48:51 UTC
Ripard Teg wrote:
Scipio Artelius wrote:

LOL!

I'd love to be a fly on the wall for that one.

Mr Epeen Cool
Cha'ka Khan
Dark Skies Dojo
Wrong Hole.
#4138 - 2014-03-27 00:49:08 UTC
Genseric Tollaris wrote:
Wow, 200 odd pages of hyperbole, trolling and half baked philosophy over some racist loudmouth losing it on the internet.

What I want to know is if we can't scam people out of their isk the way erotica did, then what about blowing up peoples ships? Sokhar willingly participated in Erotica's game and stayed for over 2 hours with the ability to leave at any time, which he did a couple of times only to return. The guy flying the rhea in my bio didn't have that luxury because he was scrammed and webbed and outside docking range, there was no hope he was going to save his 15 bil worth of ship and goodies, so what about his feelings? He lost a lot more than Sohkar and he even had the decency to give me a "ty" in local when I popped his badly placed cyno alt. Should I be banned if he petitioned ccp with his distress over losing about $500 worth of internet space stuff to a pirate because he was stupid?

What about if I **** talked at him in local? Call him an idiot, loser etc, the usual trolling, should a petition result in a ban? What about bumping? Freighter pilots are often forced to sit for up to an hour being bumped without anyway to escape only to watch 20 cats land on him and blow him to bits, is that torture? Should bumping be bannable to avoid 'torturing' people? At the very least we can all agree it would be rather distressing. Should we ban suicide ganking because it causes a lot of distress? Just because people aren't always recorded losing it on TS doesn't make their suffering any less. Indeed there would be many an eve mail saved documenting the victims distress.

The only reason this is an issue is because Sokhar played a game he couldn't handle, lost it, then by losing it loudly, dragged his wife in. At that point it would've been 'nice' if Ero pulled the plug and gave his stuff back, purely because it was clear Sohkar wasn't coping and a third party not involved in the game became involved. But this is EVE and Ero doesn't have to be 'nice'.

Fyi, a bunch of nerd men comparing this to **** would undoubtedly be very offensive to women and comparing this to torture would be same to former pow's, torture victims, and is reason enough this joke of a thread shouldve been locked 150 pages back and the issue suppressed for being ridiculous.

Very well put sir.

The only thing we have to fear, is new pilots and AFK miners. 

Genseric Tollaris
Hard Cog Industry
#4139 - 2014-03-27 00:49:32 UTC
Ripard Teg wrote:

Are you serious? Do you honestly think any law enforcement agency in the world would take this seriously because a few nerds are upset over a video game and someone said ******? Get a grip.
Mario Putzo
#4140 - 2014-03-27 00:50:14 UTC
Genseric Tollaris wrote:
Anslo wrote:
Genseric Tollaris wrote:
Says the pubbie scrub.

Says the pet.

Pets are higher up in the pecking order than pubbie scrubs bro, and Waffles is a training corp, not a pet.

A training corp for what learning how to swallow Grath and Shadoo's "orders".At least Anslo leads people, and doesn't follow them.