These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Jester Trek Latest Blog

First post First post
Author
Ais Hellia
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#3881 - 2014-03-26 22:13:41 UTC
Iudicium Vastus wrote:
Leaving will be to turn your back on all that time and effort you've spent working for what you have.

Why would you work in a game in the first place?
Instead of having fun which is itself a reward for time spent.

In other words the outcome of your gaming activity is your satisfaction with the process or accomplishment not "space pixels"
if you consider your time spent in EVE as "work" you are doing something wrong and it's not even a matter of different tastes or interests
Danalee
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#3882 - 2014-03-26 22:14:37 UTC
Abla Tive wrote:
Hours of humiliation is clearly abuse.

Abuse is clearly against the terms of service.

Violation of terms of service is legitimate grounds for banning.

Where is the confusion?

Read your own post out loud.

If you are a slow reader, I'm abusing you by asking that question.

The confusion is where people rather defend a bigot/racist/greedy ****** than admit they are wrong in starting a witch hunt over some silly questions asked on TS.

D.

Bear

Proud member of the Somalian Coast Guard Authority

Member and Juror of the Court of Crime and Punishment

Ais Hellia
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#3883 - 2014-03-26 22:14:58 UTC
Druthlen wrote:
What makes me really sick is that these psychopaths are trying to convince themselves this was gameplay even though they had absolutely nothing to gain from continuing once they had his assets. After that it was all about the tears and was completely personal attack on a human being. They cant see that. They cant tell where the char ends and the human begins. I wonder if they would consider drama at an eve event emergent gameplay. After all its an eve event and therefore ingame following their logic.

I just don't like stupid people more than douchebags Sad
Sentamon
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#3884 - 2014-03-26 22:15:43 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:

What we see is you defending a racist who threatened another players life and his mother's life rather than disconnect from TS.

Let take this to its logical conclusion.

I get ganked, gankers post the kill mail, I feel humiliated and cry to Rippard the CSM, gankers get banned, I get to go on a free racist rant and threaten gankers IRL life.

Wheeeee .... EVE will be more fun then ever.

~ Professional Forum Alt  ~

Silvara Nocturn
Nocturn Industries
#3885 - 2014-03-26 22:15:51 UTC
If you want sokhar banned feel free to start a thread as it has nothing to do with the bonus room and jesters blogpost.
Drone 16
Holy Horde
#3886 - 2014-03-26 22:16:22 UTC
Sentamon wrote:
Mr Epeen wrote:
Time to flog the dead horse again.

The issue as I see it is not who should be punished. It's what should CCP be doing about this?

CCP should ban everyone in Goonswarm for torturing me all these years.

Maybe before you run it try to have GS banned you should run it past Cpt. Noobcorb, just to get his take.

It puts the peanutbutter on itself or it leaves the bonus round... - E1's greatest Hits

tiberiusric
Comply Or Die
Pandemic Horde
#3887 - 2014-03-26 22:17:55 UTC
I have been playing this game for many many years now, and have never really been comfortable with the whole scamming thing. I think it spoils the game and actually drives people away. Scamming as become so prevalent in Eve its over taken the good aspects of it. Look at jita every single post in chat is a scam.

I dont like the fact that goonswarm do this constantly to a point its part of their culture, and sometimes the way they do it is a little creepy and weird and wrong.

But this is a whole new level, and its just not about a scam, its cyber bullying, torture at is very worse. I am sure this is certainly not the first case of this and its happening to others by other eve players.

You can hear from the start where this was going, and Erotica1 sounds really creepy tbh. They carried on for 2 hours, even when they knew the guy was getting upset, this is when you stop. Actually it should of never started.

This is for me the real darkside of eve, and where scamming takes it past gameplay. I have never played or seen a game that allows this to happen, or even breeds that type of person. The very idea of scamming has created these people, and CCP certainly has to take brunt of the blame for this as they endorse this type of behavior, but its gone a a step too far. as stated I am sure there are many Erotica1s lurking about.

This is just not scamming, its parasidic and morally wrong. Personally i would of called the police and given them the recording as people are now getting prosecuted for this type of thing. What gets me most is that there have been a few cases on twitter etc where people have committed suicide because of people like this. What if this guy did?

CCP has a duty just like twitter and others to protect its users.

However being a veteran player of this game, even after the time an investment i have made, every moral fibre in me is twitching. I am now seriously thinking do i want to pay, play or be a part of this game, ccp and its community if this is something that is happening to people. I certainly do not want to be associated with an organisation or game that endorses such actions and game play anymore.

All my views are my own - never be afraid to post with your main, unless you're going to post some dumb shit

Muestereate
Minions LLC
#3888 - 2014-03-26 22:20:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Muestereate
Well after some recovery form the exposure to that erotica ****, I think I have to go back over the transformation stage where Erotica transformed the victim into the persecutor. The transformation is normal in a "drama triangle" I'd forgot about that. We often get involved in this phenomena. It takes rescuers, persecutors and victims and turns them into their opposites. Entirely predictable and so is the blaming of the real victim as so many have already noted.

Whats very interesting frustrating and damaging about the triangle at this depth are the transformations. Yesterday I looked at the transformation form internalization to externalization which has the highest long term damage potential. This is what has the potential to make a person act out on negative thoughts. At the extreme level it Turns a quiet man into a maniac that's a danger of society. Or in our case, from a man that had trouble talking to one that couldn't stop. With some followup psychiatric help this could be turned into a positive, without help, the chances are not good to turn this negative into a positive, but the potential exists and for the victim it would be alright to get excited about it and pursue it, with a professional. Unfortunately, the ego ravaged in cases like this grows back into a scar protecting the soul and if allowed to harden can be very hard to penetrate at a later date.

But I digress. This evening I will study the singing. In NLP there is a technique of the singing of the soul. By it people are transformed. In less malicious venues we see it transform nations with national anthems and churches with beutiful hyms of faith and hope.

One can only wonder what singing about gummy bears and whatever else I have to listen to could do to a person in an extremely suggestible state. Victim, do not let this incident strip you of your humanness and replace it with a metal exoskeleton of strict survival.
Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#3889 - 2014-03-26 22:20:07 UTC
I'm curious. Why is everyone (well a good percentage, anyway) using a guys racial slurs and death threats made after the fact to negate everything that led up to it?

Strange way to justify what a freakin' sick douche does for jollies.

Mr Epeen Cool
Azami Nevinyrall
#3890 - 2014-03-26 22:20:48 UTC
Almost 200!!!

Danalee
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#3891 - 2014-03-26 22:20:57 UTC
tiberiusric wrote:
I didn't read anything but will just post the same weeping drivel some others have posted and call it original.

Please, tell me more on how you feel about this stuff?
Is it really like torture?

D.

Bear

Druthlen
The Carlisle Group
#3892 - 2014-03-26 22:21:40 UTC
Ais Hellia wrote:
Iudicium Vastus wrote:
Leaving will be to turn your back on all that time and effort you've spent working for what you have.

In other words the outcome of your gaming activity is your satisfaction with the process or accomplishment not "space pixels"
if you consider your time spent in EVE as "work" you are doing something wrong and it's not even a matter of different tastes or interests

Talk about hypocrisy. Who are you to judge why or how someone plays inside the game. Outside the game we are now talking about morality. Some people cant recognize when they are outside the game. Ganking inside the game imo is really cool and I loved the New Order for it. I thought it was hilarious to see freighters explode. Outside the game torturing a human being just for the lulz. Sick.
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#3893 - 2014-03-26 22:22:15 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:
I'm curious. Why is everyone (well a good percentage, anyway) using a guys racial slurs and death threats made after the fact to negate everything that led up to it?

Mr Epeen Cool

The fact that you even asked that question is sad.
Navi Annages
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#3894 - 2014-03-26 22:22:32 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:

Mr Epeen Cool

Because we live in a beautiful country that allows people to act however they feel like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8-JfK-wwFU

Danalee
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#3895 - 2014-03-26 22:22:58 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:

Mr Epeen Cool

You could be allmost right if it was only after "everything that led up to it" (= being asked to read stuff and sing songs).
Only, it's not. The anti-gay stuff, racial slurs and stupid rants are there from start to finish, he is reminded plenty of times this is against the rules but soldiers on like the derp he is.

D.

Bear

Navi Annages
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#3896 - 2014-03-26 22:24:16 UTC
Druthlen wrote:
Ais Hellia wrote:
Iudicium Vastus wrote:

Talk about hypocrisy. Who are you to judge why or how someone plays inside the game. Outside the game we are now talking about morality. Some people cant recognize when they are outside the game. Ganking inside the game imo is really cool and I loved the New Order for it. I thought it was hilarious to see freighters explode. Outside the game torturing a human being just for the lulz. Sick.

Sick? Maybe. Immoral? Maybe. Legal most likely because the adult named sohkar consented to everything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8-JfK-wwFU

Katkon Darnok
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#3897 - 2014-03-26 22:25:51 UTC
Tarojan wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Hi, my name is Joe.
I have a reputation for kicking small children in the face.
A week ago this boy of age 7 stood in front of me in the grocery store line so I kicked him in the face.
Kid should have known better than to stand in front of me, after all I do have a reputation.
To punish his stupidity I kicked him in the face and stomach several more times.

real life...game....real life...game....

You having troubles telling the difference between the two bud?

Gotta stop the whole game <> real life. Gaming is absolutely real life, in that you play the game in real life. It's not unlike any other "real life" hobby - soccer, painting, stamp collecting. All those activities serve essentially the same purpose: entertainment, much like gaming. To make gaming in EVE even more "real life", I could argue that losing assets and ISK in EVE = loss of real dollars. Why? Because they can be used to buy PLEX, and PLEX can be used to avoid paying subscriptions fees. So it's all very much "real life". Of course, we're not really flying space ships - we're using our imaginations and various creative tools provided to us - but that's hardly the point. And how about the player-to-player interaction - in and outside the game. How is that not "real life." And know I must stop saying "real life" - am irritating myself.
Drone 16
Holy Horde
#3898 - 2014-03-26 22:26:53 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
Mr Epeen wrote:

Mr Epeen Cool

The fact that you even asked that question is sad.

Hey Epeen, That was what they like to call an "answer" around these parts...we like to call it a chicken-****, lazy response by someone unable to justify a failed position. Get used to it.

Heya, Son... Blink

It puts the peanutbutter on itself or it leaves the bonus round... - E1's greatest Hits

Capt Starfox
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#3899 - 2014-03-26 22:27:07 UTC
miss quote

Abandon all hope ye who x up in fleet

Druthlen
The Carlisle Group
#3900 - 2014-03-26 22:27:10 UTC
tiberiusric wrote:
I have been playing this game for many many years now, and have never really been comfortable with the whole scamming thing. I think it spoils the game and actually drives people away. Scamming as become so prevalent in Eve its over taken the good aspects of it. Look at jita every single post in chat is a scam.

I dont like the fact that goonswarm do this constantly to a point its part of their culture, and sometimes the way they do it is a little creepy and weird and wrong.

But this is a whole new level, and its just not about a scam, its cyber bullying, torture at is very worse. I am sure this is certainly not the first case of this and its happening to others by other eve players.

You can hear from the start where this was going, and Erotica1 sounds really creepy tbh. They carried on for 2 hours, even when they knew the guy was getting upset, this is when you stop. Actually it should of never started.

This is for me the real darkside of eve, and where scamming takes it past gameplay. I have never played or seen a game that allows this to happen, or even breeds that type of person. The very idea of scamming has created these people, and CCP certainly has to take brunt of the blame for this as they endorse this type of behavior, but its gone a a step too far. as stated I am sure there are many Erotica1s lurking about.

This is just not scamming, its parasidic and morally wrong. Personally i would of called the police and given them the recording as people are now getting prosecuted for this type of thing. What gets me most is that there have been a few cases on twitter etc where people have committed suicide because of people like this. What if this guy did?

CCP has a duty just like twitter and others to protect its users.

However being a veteran player of this game, even after the time an investment i have made, every moral fibre in me is twitching. I am now seriously thinking do i want to pay, play or be a part of this game, ccp and its community if this is something that is happening to people. I certainly do not want to be associated with an organisation or game that endorses such actions and game play anymore.

I totally agree. Its one thing to be a pixel villain. I enjoy it. Paying to support E1s emergent gameplay that I consider morally sick and wrong is another thing.