These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Jester Trek Latest Blog

First post First post
Author
KnowUsByTheDead
Sunlight...Through The Blight.
#3221 - 2014-03-26 17:55:33 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
stoicfaux wrote:
Masao Kurata wrote:
Anyone who has actually listened to the entirety of sohkar's bonus room should be left with little sympathy for him but that's beside the point. The bonus room is just talking, and you are in no way locked in there. Many bonus rooms are in fact fun for everyone involved, and some pay out but again that's not important.

What is important is that Ripard Teg is using his position to raise what is little less than a lynch mob. Eject him from CSM now.

Errr... if there's nothing wrong with the bonus room, then there's nothing wrong with Ripard's blog as well?

Turns out he didn't listen to the recording. It sounds like a personal grudge to me.

Right. More than likely...."Oh noes!!! We cannot let an ebil scamming piwate run for CSM."

Way I understand it, he was already told by CCP to "chill out" and instead wants to strong arm them to his will with media threats.

Some CSM, huh?

Where player choice (in this fringe case, Sohkar, who chose to play. And trust me, this is a fringe case as most Bonus Rounds are pretty long and boring), is not even considered, and the people taking the verbal thrashing for being outplaying their opponent are being villainized.

But hell, what do I know?

I just hold all of the facts, from the beginning of this witch hunt in November to now.

Not just a few.

Roll

Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

Mario Putzo
#3222 - 2014-03-26 17:56:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Mario Putzo
Salvos Rhoska wrote:
None of it actually says what you are imagining it does.

I am reporting both of you to CCP for making serious false libelous charges that I have any intent to bodily or otherwise harm Erotica1

Go right ahead. I will happily discuss my forum posting with a CCP representative. I have done nothing wrong but repost quotes. It will be interesting to see what we (the CCP Rep and I) can pull up on you though.

Don't leave me hanging I got a 12 hour shift today so need something to kill the time.
Ais Hellia
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#3223 - 2014-03-26 17:56:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Ais Hellia
Salvos Rhoska wrote:
. The similarity in names is amusing, but entirely coincidental.

Except that the language construction you use are pretty much similar to Mr Sohkar's from the record.

And I would really expect from Mr Sohkar to be that dumb to use that anagram name for his forum alt
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#3224 - 2014-03-26 17:56:23 UTC
Giovanni erkelens2 wrote:
those people falling about racism, are the same guys who use the word ****** but just not in local.

This is unironic racism. We have a zero tolerance for racism as should everyone.
Batelle
Federal Navy Academy
#3225 - 2014-03-26 17:56:41 UTC
Mario Putzo wrote:
The real belligerent here is Ripard Teg.

The guy who doesn't defend his blog in its own threadnaught.

"**CCP is changing policy, and has asked that we discontinue the bonus credit program after November 7th. So until then, enjoy a super-bonus of 1B Blink Credit for each 60-day GTC you buy!"**

Never forget.

Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#3226 - 2014-03-26 17:57:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
Salvos Rhoska wrote:

I am reporting both of you to CCP for making serious false libelous charges that I have any intent to bodily or otherwise harm Erotica1

Good, go ahead, this'll be interesting. I'm more than willing to engage in discourse with CCP representatives about my posting habits, and those of some of the more poisonous posters that condone the use of real world violence on their forums.

edit ~ if you're thinking of changing the wording of the posts that I both linked and quoted, be aware that they're preserved for posterity on Eve-Search in their original form, All hail the mighty and beneficent Chribba for providing us with an archive of the forums.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Desivo Delta Visseroff
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#3227 - 2014-03-26 17:57:31 UTC
stoicfaux wrote:
Desivo Delta Visseroff wrote:
LUMINOUS SPIRIT wrote:
Well, Im flying around high sec, asking people to say NO to cyber-bullying and online predators.

Thank god for new interceptors.

Half of empire - done.

Are you linking this Thread???

TwistedTwistedTwisted

Deliberately engaging in actions to slow down or otherwise disrupt server performance *is* a breach of EULA/ToS.

Oh...Look it's the fun police. Look some of us here are just to ensure that other have a chance to voice their opinions. Stop threatening with your threats. That is against the EULA/TOS!

I was hunting for sick loot, but all I could get my hands on were 50 corpses[:|]..............[:=d]

lollerwaffle
Perkone
Caldari State
#3228 - 2014-03-26 17:58:17 UTC  |  Edited by: lollerwaffle
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Salvos Rhoska wrote:

Good, go ahead, this'll be interesting.

Clicking the report button will be about all he will do. Calling it now.
Toshiro Ozuwara
Perkone
#3229 - 2014-03-26 17:58:56 UTC
Salvos Rhoska wrote:

You probably should have stopped posting 100 pages ago. There is a point where if you post too much, you end up digging a hole for yourself, and begin to look really foolish.

Whatever original point you had (harping on and on about legality) has become buried by other loose comments you made later.

Take a break from this thread for 48 hours.

It didn't take long to locate the tracking beacon, deep inside the quarters for sleepin' They thought they could get away Not today, it's not the way that this kid plays

Markku Laaksonen
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#3230 - 2014-03-26 17:59:01 UTC
Mario Putzo wrote:

And our community admires belligerence, right?

DUST 514 Recruit Code - https://dust514.com/recruit/zluCyb/

EVE Buddy Invite - https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=047203f1-4124-42a1-b36f-39ca8ae5d6e2&action=buddy

Malcolm Shinhwa
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#3231 - 2014-03-26 17:59:10 UTC
Lucretia DeWinter wrote:

You're right. Giving some poor sap a chance to save his tackeld ship by joining you and singing I'm A Little Teapot is nothing new.

And nothing I take issue with.

Inviting same sap onto your TS and goading them for two hours about it until they snap? Yeah, I'll take issue with that.

So how many songs can he be asked to sing? Is it 1? 5? How about 5 songs from this list? Keeping in mind.. they're being asked, no one is forcing them.

Lucretia DeWinter wrote:

Dragging people onto an external server, humiliating them for 2 hours and then publishing it for lols is okay? Really?.

Dragging? Try asking someone to join coms. In this case Sohkar had to download Teamspeak first, he didn't have it. He did all that before he had even contracted any assets. Dragged? Hardly.

Lucretia DeWinter wrote:

CCP can only act within their control. As their game and their community are essential for this event to have occurred it is IMO up to them to use what control they have to make it known that this level of greifing/emergent gameplay is considered unacceptable.

Either that or they should come out and say "Yay Erotica! Wooooooo! Way to go, that was awesome!" At least we'd know where we stand.

Or they could just say nothing, which given its CCP, is far more likely. They've already expressed their opinion on scamming. Their own dev's have had to sing songs on TS to save their fleets. So they need do nothing. In fact they have done something before, although not publicly. Someone else in the thread reported of at least two times before Erotica 1's activities were reviewed and CCP asked for adjustments. If that happened, I don't recall any Dev threads about it.

Lucretia DeWinter wrote:

For me, this is about how CCP need to codify that there is a standard of conduct (there is one in the EULA/TOS) and that, should external factors beyond their control be used to breach that conduct, then sanctions within their control (bans, reversals etc) can and will be administered.

To me, and I think some others in this thread, they have codified that there is a standard of conduct. That scamming, ransoming, and TS recording sessions are an acceptable part of Eve. It seems these things are allowed because *sandbox*, and because the "victim" has a choice in participating. Where they seem to draw a line and call it griefing or harrasement is when the victim does not have a choice. Such as when they ruled on "bumping" of miners and only called it griefing if the victim moves several systems away and the bumper follows.

This entire thread and controversy is about some people who read a blog post, a smaller subset who listened to the recording, and got a terrible case of "The Feels". How anyone can feel sympathetic to a racist with RL death fantasies over a video game is beyond me, but I recognize that they do. But in fact, what happened is a story as old as Eve and the "victim" could have not participated at all, or quit at any time.

[i]"The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental[/i]."

Navi Annages
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#3232 - 2014-03-26 17:59:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Navi Annages
I am Calling out

Salvos Rhoska

and

LUMINOUS SPIRIT

to Comment on post #3202. I have asked them kindly several times.

If not then you are agents of Ripard clear and simple.

Your witch hunt Ends here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8-JfK-wwFU

Lucretia DeWinter
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#3233 - 2014-03-26 17:59:29 UTC
Crumplecorn wrote:
Lucretia DeWinter wrote:
In all honestly, if it were my scam, I would have pulled the plug on it when it was obvious the participant was getting emotionally distressed with something like "look, I'm sorry, you are not going to continue in this Bonus Round and you're not getting your stuff back."
So you'd decide at an arbitrary point in time to kick the client out and keep their stuff? Then it really would be a scam.

Not arbitrary as such, no.

I'd decide based on my interpretation of the situation given the facts at hand. After my client had lost his rag once already and was clearly going to lose it big time if this went on in the subtle and cleverly constructed manner it does - to make people quit by their own decision - even if that takes hours

Then yes, I'd consider that a cutoff and it could even be in The Rules - rulle 427(b): A client shall not lose their temper or demonstrate emotional instability.

I'd basically be deciding when enough was enough and things were going beyond The Game.
Dave stark
#3234 - 2014-03-26 17:59:43 UTC
Batelle wrote:
Mario Putzo wrote:

The guy who doesn't defend his blog in its own threadnaught.

because he knows exactly what he was doing, inciting a witch hunt.
hats off to him, it has worked fantastically. to the point where they're overlooking racial slurs and real life threats because "erotica is a bad man, because he tortured a poor defenceless victim".

clearly ripard has been taking spin lessons from the CFC, it's scary how well his little campaign is working.
Feyth Yinleq
Doomheim
#3235 - 2014-03-26 17:59:44 UTC
More than 150 pages of posts and nothing constructive yet.

I said what I had to say earlier. I had to puke multiple times because of the pretendingly honest posts from Erotica 1.
But I will not join the debates again.

Now, I am waiting for CCP to share with us what they have decided on this matter. I am quite surprised it took them so long, especially as they were aware of this recording for one entire month, as it appears to be.

Having not seen a significant word from them yet, I am inclined to believe they don't care and will endorse what happened eventually. As I will certainly not find my place in a community ready to welcome such behaviors without raising an eyebrow, I have to act by the only mean of action that could potentially be effective, my wallet.

So, I am starting the count down now: 20 hours till I cancel my accounts definitely.

I know, this desperate move is useless, but all that evil needs to prevail is for the good men to do nothing, I am sure you know this quote.
And no, you cannot have my stuff, without any sign of CCP within 20 hours, I will trash and biomass everything in a final demonstration of the lack of value of virtual assets in a game. We shouldn't have had to discuss for more than 150 pages here, as there is no admittable debate to have when the dignity of a human being and the decency of a community are at stake.
Goldiiee
Bureau of Astronomical Anomalies
#3236 - 2014-03-26 18:00:00 UTC
Xuixien wrote:

I don't think CCP cares about losing one unknown player. They're not going to permanently remove a content creator over it.

I would beg to differ if the 'Content Creator' is repeatedly causing 'one unknown player' to quit, bad reviews from that one player can become bad reviews from many players, not to mention the bad press and the subscribers that will not try EVE based on that press. The true number of lost revenue is subjective, but evident nonetheless. As a company owner is (Should be) concerned about every customer not just the loud ones.

Things that keep me up at night;  Why do we use a voice communication device to send telegraphs? Moore's Law should state, Once you have paid off the last PC upgrade you will need another.

Bethan Le Troix
Krusual Investigation Agency
#3237 - 2014-03-26 18:00:20 UTC
Has CCP made a comment on this issue since the first one telling us all to be polite to each other? 158 pages and it's still going strong.

It does seem like the use of this 'bonus room' idea is premeditated in that I think others have said the conversation was moved from EVE voice to a TS channel. So Erotica 1 probably knew beforehand that there could be some comeback on him if he conducted his actions through EVE voice.

I also don't understand why Erotica 1 didn't realise it had gone too far once the victims wife intervened and started asking Erotica 1 what was happening. Would he like this to happen to one of his family members, wife or children?

A lot of replies are focusing on the anger of the victim directed at Erotica 1 on the sound recording and on possibly violent suggestions towards Erotica 1 within replies to this post. People will react in different ways to being bullied and some will react aggressively and/or with violence. It's completely understandable if you mess with people to expect a reaction. Play with fire and you will get burned.
lollerwaffle
Perkone
Caldari State
#3238 - 2014-03-26 18:01:34 UTC
Feyth Yinleq wrote:
More than 150 pages of posts and nothing constructive yet.

I said what I had to say earlier. I had to puke multiple times because of the pretendingly honest posts from Erotica 1.
But I will not join the debates again.

Now, I am waiting for CCP to share with us what they have decided on this matter. I am quite surprised it took them so long, especially as they were aware of this recording for one entire month, as it appears to be.

Having not seen a significant word from them yet, I am inclined to believe they don't care and will endorse what happened eventually. As I will certainly not find my place in a community ready to welcome such behaviors without raising an eyebrow, I have to act by the only mean of action that could potentially be effective, my wallet.

So, I am starting the count down now: 20 hours till I cancel my accounts definitely.

I know, this desperate move is useless, but all that evil needs to prevail is for the good men to do nothing, I am sure you know this quote.
And no, you cannot have my stuff, without any sign of CCP within 20 hours, I will trash and biomass everything in a final demonstration of the lack of value of virtual assets in a game. We shouldn't have had to discuss for more than 150 pages here, as there is no admittable debate to have when the dignity of a human being and the decency of a community are at stake.

If you had any principles you would follow through on your threat.

Biomass to discourage temptation too.
David Kir
Hotbirds
#3239 - 2014-03-26 18:01:55 UTC  |  Edited by: David Kir
Erotica 1 wrote:

This is one of the most disgusting posts in this thread and borders on the real world crime of swatting. Looks like you wish for me and my family to suffer real world fear over some internet spaceship alleged pixel scam thing. Get some help.

Yeah, that was stupid.

You, however, have no business talking about disgusting.

You've gone too far to have any authority on that subject.

This isn't about the scam.
It's about the way you treated that man.

I'm not one of those who think that CCP should ban you.
I'm not against scamming, either.
And yes, I've seen far worse than this.

But players like you are a large part of what drives people away from EVE, and I'd rather have ten more newbies around, rather than a "content creator" like you.

Friends are like cows: if you eat them, they die.

Delt0r Garsk
Shits N Giggles
#3240 - 2014-03-26 18:02:29 UTC
Does anyone even use Eve Voice? I don't know anyone that does.

AKA the scientist.

Death and Glory!

Well fun is also good.