These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Jester Trek Latest Blog

First post First post
Author
Navi Annages
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#2321 - 2014-03-26 09:00:46 UTC
Foxstar Damaskeenus wrote:
Trance Oskold wrote:
dexington wrote:
I'm 100% expecting a ban for Erotica 1. Even if only half the people are pissed off at him, that is a lot of pissed off people.

btw we are also pissed of about the mittani, can we also expect him banned?.... grrrr goons

That's a legit counter point. Are you referring to mittanigate or the CFC turning null in to a blue fest? As far as mittanigate I think he was very apologetic about the whole thing. The Mittani also has the added bonus of being a pretty nice and helpful person other than that one incident.

I would also add that the Mittani has social skills and has not been entirely bad for the game.

As far as the blue doughnut, that wouldn't be anywhere near bannable but I do know rules changes are being proposed so null could be broken up somehow.

Personally I wouldn't compare Mittens to this psychopath. Mit said some crappy things while drunk behind somebodies back, so have I. This Erotica person consciously toyed with someones emotions and inflicted pain for his own amusement.

Regardless- CCP did take action against The Mittani. What do you think that means for Erotica 1? Expect some kind of punishment.

And I cant wait, because I think he is a scum bag and deserves it.

Good thing your not as neutral as our loving creator gods at CCP. They are neutral. They are beautiful as doves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8-JfK-wwFU

dexington
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#2322 - 2014-03-26 09:00:51 UTC
Trance Oskold wrote:
dexington wrote:
I'm 100% expecting a ban for Erotica 1. Even if only half the people are pissed off at him, that is a lot of pissed off people.

btw we are also pissed of about the mittani, can we also expect him banned?.... grrrr goons

Speaking of The Mittani- this reminds me a lot of how he did his PowerPoint presentation on what he did to The Wiz, and the fallout that happened from that. People thought it was funny at first, but then realized the torment that was really happening to people in game.

That incident was just a drunk person going full ******, he gave all the goon haters exactly what they had been waiting for. No one really gave two ***** about the guy being told to commit suicide, they just wanted to kick the mittani in the balls.

There is a clear difference between E1 and the mittani, he didn't really do anything just just said some really dumb ****. E1 has repeatedly taken people into the bonus round, so he could record and document the fact that he was able to make people do whatever he wanted, once he have successfully scammed them out of all their assets.

I'm a relatively respectable citizen. Multiple felon perhaps, but certainly not dangerous.

arabella blood
Keyboard Jihad
#2323 - 2014-03-26 09:01:46 UTC  |  Edited by: arabella blood
Mara Rinn wrote:
Erotica 1 wrote:
PotatoOverdose wrote:
Erotica 1 wrote:

No, I am not saying he did. Someone else. Doesn't matter.

Well, you being blackmailed (with RL things no less) seems to be one of the central points of the case you laid out, and that these same people are railroading you "on an almost daily basis in the forums."

I would assume you have some supporting info or evidence to back up this claim. Blackmail is a pretty serious accusation after all, and should be treated as such.

yes

Share this evidence with us. We want to believe that you are a good person. Once the blackmail evidence is rendered inert we will be able to see that you are the good person you know yourself to be.

Have faith in the community!

And share your name too please! No reason to keep anonymity when you run for CSM ;)

Troll for hire. Cheap prices.

Foxstar Damaskeenus
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#2324 - 2014-03-26 09:07:06 UTC
Navi Annages wrote:
Bjurn Akely wrote:
Navi Annages wrote:

Sure it does. IP is IP and at the end of the day all business related precedents are free game under the law. Meaning ALL gaming companies cannot take a simple HARD LINE approach but instead are forced to the sidelines for the users to generate content. Or did you simply mean we should all play hello kitty land?

You'll have to explain that further, cause you're not making sense to me.

Simple Terms : If the EULA is not breached within the constricts of the fictional world of eve online then CCP is powerless.

Whatever occured outside the confines of eve online is up to the authorities. Now be attentive for this next part.

What constitutes a bigger threat? Making life threatening remarks or goading someone a lil over ts3? You choose. We all know a judge will laugh at this and toss it out or take it serious and put Sohkar in a Orange jumpsuit. Erotica's behavior may be immoral to some but to the real world they do this...../Shrug Shoulders.

You are losing this argument badly and need to give it up. If CCP feels like it's bad for business than they will fix it and it's their right. They know who made the audio, they know who Erotica 1 is and they know how a lot of us feel about people like him. We have tolerated scammers because they are part of the sandbox experience. Erotica 1 is creating a problem that is not fixable with player interaction or pvp. The Eve market and the players cant stop him, therefore they will have to.

Frankly I think the decision to lose a few Erotica supporters is a lot better than losing the players who care about the future of Eve and the community. If this game gets overrun with trolls it will be the long downward spiral. The game needs helpful people and volunteers. You have to give something back if you want Eve to go on and continue to be the great game that it is.

"[this thread] is a cesspit of trolling and flaming" ISD Buldath

Navi Annages
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#2325 - 2014-03-26 09:10:09 UTC
Navi Annages wrote:
Bjurn Akely wrote:
Navi Annages wrote:

Sure it does. IP is IP and at the end of the day all business related precedents are free game under the law. Meaning ALL gaming companies cannot take a simple HARD LINE approach but instead are forced to the sidelines for the users to generate content. Or did you simply mean we should all play hello kitty land?

You'll have to explain that further, cause you're not making sense to me.

Simple Terms : If the EULA is not breached within the constricts of the fictional world of eve online then CCP is powerless.

Whatever occured outside the confines of eve online is up to the authorities. Now be attentive for this next part.

What constitutes a bigger threat? Making life threatening remarks or goading someone a lil over ts3? You choose. We all know a judge will laugh at this and toss it out or take it serious and put Sohkar in a Orange jumpsuit. Erotica's behavior may be immoral to some but to the real world they do this...../Shrug Shoulders.

You are losing this argument badly and need to give it up. If CCP feels like it's bad for business than they will fix it and it's their right. They know who made the audio, they know who Erotica 1 is and they know how a lot of us feel about people like him. We have tolerated scammers because they are part of the sandbox experience. Erotica 1 is creating a problem that is not fixable with player interaction or pvp. The Eve market and the players cant stop him, therefore they will have to.

Frankly I think the decision to lose a few Erotica supporters is a lot better than losing the players who care about the future of Eve and the community. If this game gets overrun with trolls it will be the long downward spiral. The game needs helpful people and volunteers. You have to give something back if you want Eve to go on and continue to be the great game that it is.

Just because you and X,Y,Z community members feel, think, want, demand doesn't matter. If no EULA violation can be found guess what Erotica 1 stays. You have no say in the matter. CCP doesn't let community members vote people off the island.

Like I stated previously. CCP has to remain neutral on the matter. Thank god they are grey in regards to democracy and not black and white.

Space Juden
Supermassive Potato Pancake
#2326 - 2014-03-26 09:10:16 UTC
Someone once said

Quote:
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.

Exacting cruelty on a stranger doesn't take a genius and that 'genius' doesn't display it online for some sort of approval or recognition. You were a fool all along.

The irony is that is your "Shakespeare"

Navi Annages
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#2327 - 2014-03-26 09:12:34 UTC
I think what rustles people the most is the fact that they know that Erotica 1 is completely safe under the anonymity blanket. They just simply don't like it. Oh well this is the world were in. Scum walk the streets. Scum teach in classrooms. Scum play video games. It's all the same get used to it.

Big Lynx
#2328 - 2014-03-26 09:12:37 UTC
[quote=Navi Annages

Like I stated previously. CCP has to remain neutral on the matter. Thank god they are grey in regards to democracy and not black and white. [/quote]

Ah sry, I didn't know you are standing over CCP's decisions and giving them commands. sry. rly sry
Navi Annages
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#2329 - 2014-03-26 09:16:08 UTC
Big Lynx wrote:
[quote=Navi Annages

Like I stated previously. CCP has to remain neutral on the matter. Thank god they are grey in regards to democracy and not black and white.

Ah sry, I didn't know you are standing over CCP's decisions and giving them commands. sry. rly sry[/quote]

Right right. I see compaines that are out to make profits swinging ban hammers to and from against people that don't break EULA's. Get real chief. Anonymity is the word of the day. No Eula Breach no nada happen. Like I said Grey. If they take any side without a EULA breach they run into litigation issues. No business opens themselves to litigation without having there bum covered. In this case Erotica 1 is covered.

Sentamon
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#2330 - 2014-03-26 09:17:50 UTC
If we could just ban everyone, everyone would agree and be nice to each other. Bear

~ Professional Forum Alt  ~

Space Juden
Supermassive Potato Pancake
#2331 - 2014-03-26 09:17:55 UTC
Navi Annages wrote:

Right right. I see compaines that are out to make profits swinging ban hammers to and from against people that don't break EULA's. Get real chief. Anonymity is the word of the day. No Eula Breach no nada happen. Like I said Grey. If they take any side without a EULA breach they run into litigation issues. No business opens themselves to litigation without having there bum covered. In this case Erotica 1 is covered.

Oh no, they'll owe him 15 dollars x (?) attourney?
Big Lynx
#2332 - 2014-03-26 09:19:17 UTC
Navi Annages wrote:
Big Lynx wrote:
Navi Annages wrote:

Ah sry, I didn't know you are standing over CCP's decisions and giving them commands. sry. rly sry

I strongly recommend to go out and breath a portion of reallife mate.
Silvara Nocturn
Nocturn Industries
#2333 - 2014-03-26 09:22:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Silvara Nocturn
Navi Annages wrote:

I look forward to Erotica 1 presenting his/her case to european courts.
Navi Annages
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#2334 - 2014-03-26 09:24:20 UTC
Space Juden wrote:
Navi Annages wrote:

Oh no, they'll owe him 15 dollars x (?) attourney?

I'm not sure what you want? You want Erotica 1 banned? For what? Be specific? His gameplay style cannot be a reason because quite simply he's been doing this for months. Did CCP think he broke the EULA over the last few months? Obviously not.

Does CCP have jurisdiction as to what occurs outside its game? Obviously not.

I may not agree with Erotica'1 methods but why judge him when he did no wrong in a legal sense. Morally, psh then go read whatever religious text consoles you.

Anonymity has made this threadnaught GOLD.

Azami Nevinyrall
#2335 - 2014-03-26 09:26:19 UTC
This thread is STILL open!?

Big Lynx
#2336 - 2014-03-26 09:27:30 UTC
Abrazzar wrote:
There is a point where sadism isn't a fetish anymore but a disease.

Question is: Does CCP like to be associated with this? Let's ask that question to the PR people.

For your consideration.
Scipio Artelius
Weaponised Vegemite
Flying Dangerous
#2337 - 2014-03-26 09:27:40 UTC
Azami Nevinyrall wrote:

Unfortunately.
Foxstar Damaskeenus
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#2338 - 2014-03-26 09:29:09 UTC
Navi Annages wrote:
Big Lynx wrote:
[quote=Navi Annages

Right right. I see compaines that are out to make profits swinging ban hammers to and from against people that don't break EULA's. Get real chief. Anonymity is the word of the day. No Eula Breach no nada happen. Like I said Grey. If they take any side without a EULA breach they run into litigation issues. No business opens themselves to litigation without having there bum covered. In this case Erotica 1 is covered. [/quote]

I'm not sure what country you live in. But in most states (provinces) in the USA if you create a disturbance, lets say in a restaurant and they throw you out or refuse service because you are damaging their business they don't owe you anything.

And if you live in Wyoming and you act like Erotica 1 and somebody kicks your butt, the cops will actually show up (i've witnessed this in Lander) and tell you that you shouldn't act like such an *******.

But please explain to us how he is going to go through the enormous challenge of filing an international lawsuit to recover a $15 subscription fee when he might not have even been paying it.

"[this thread] is a cesspit of trolling and flaming" ISD Buldath

Azami Nevinyrall
#2339 - 2014-03-26 09:30:09 UTC
Scipio Artelius wrote:
Azami Nevinyrall wrote:

Unfortunately.

I first noticed it at lunch yesterday, I'm now having my morning tea!

Navi Annages
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#2340 - 2014-03-26 09:31:23 UTC
Navi Annages wrote:
Big Lynx wrote:
[quote=Navi Annages

I'm not sure what country you live in. But in most states (provinces) in the USA if you create a disturbance, lets say in a restaurant and they throw you out or refuse service because you are damaging their business they don't owe you anything.

And if you live in Wyoming and you act like Erotica 1 and somebody kicks your butt, the cops will actually show up (i've witnessed this in Lander) and tell you that you shouldn't act like such an *******.

But please explain to us how he is going to go through the enormous challenge of filing an international lawsuit to recover a $15 subscription fee when he might not have even been paying it.
[/quote]

Exactly. But if they wanted him gone he woulda been gone months ago at least on the toon known as Erotica 1. Just because it got a lil attention this time means nothing. It will happen again, and again, and again. Don't play coy and pretend like getting rid of a toon named Erotica1 is going to actually change anything. If you believe that then your well as special as Sohkar appears to be.