These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Jester Trek Latest Blog

First post First post
Author
Big Lynx
#2281 - 2014-03-26 08:30:22 UTC
Navi Annages wrote:
Erin Crawford wrote:
Mr Epeen wrote:
This is about CCP allowing psychopaths to use their game as a tool to lure victims.

No more. No less.

I don't understand the controversy. The answer seems plain enough. Just because he manages to technically stay within the rules doesn't make it okay. It just means that like most psychos, he's clever. Hardly worth the hero worship I'm seeing in here.

I'd like to think that most of those supporting Erotica1 are just trolling or taking the ****, but I don't think that's the case. I think that these people actually think that taking what's encouraged in game and moving it out into the real world is perfectly acceptable behavior. And I am disheartened to see it.

Mr Epeen Cool

Agreed!

This completely proves the type of character of the ‘adult’ behind the facade Erotica 1.

IT’S DISGUSTING TO THINK EROTICA 1 DOES THIS KIND OF **** FOR P-L-E-A-S-U-R-E!!!

For pleasure! I mean really! You must be one heck of a sick bastard to pull this off for PLEASURE! And why else would you do this if it didn't please you?

Sick!

What’s next? Is Erotica 1 going to post the humiliation of a terminally ill player he scammed? Where’s the limit?

This is the act of a spineless swine hiding behind anonymity, nothing more nothing less!

And I bet Erotica 1 calls this “just creating content!”

Shocking, disgusting, inhumane!

Blah Blah. It's a fantastic troll. You're just jelly you weren't in on it.

Navi Annages, Ero1 alt?

Space Juden
Supermassive Potato Pancake
#2282 - 2014-03-26 08:30:24 UTC
Navi Annages wrote:
Toshiro Ozuwara wrote:
Navi Annages wrote:
Good thing CCP can't intervene over an IP called TS3 which they don't own. Sucka.

CCP can do anything it wants with accounts and digital content in this game.

They don't even need a reason to do so. And they certainly don't have to explain themselves to anyone.

If they want to axe someone because they don't like them, it's covered under the EULA every player agreed to.

Incorrect. If no EULA violations can be found that happen 'in game' then CCP opens themselves to litigation.

In other words if they cut off a scammer just because he scams within the confines of the EULA just because they have a beef with them then he can legally SUE them.

You'll have to spend quite a bit to not have your suit thrown out on it's face.

i.e. the onus on the litigant is so high it's almost absurdly impractical

I thought you didn't like space lawyering though
Navi Annages
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#2283 - 2014-03-26 08:31:07 UTC
Bjurn Akely wrote:
Navi Annages wrote:

Great. Then we can tell CNN about how a racist was flaming in a TS3 channel with underage teens listening. Oh yea thats gonna fly well.

I agree. That too will be spun as how bad videogames are. You don't get it, do you? If this hit the wrong news we can not win.

Um I personally don't play COD but I have heard the 12-17 year olds tearing each other to pieces on there. Do you see console companies doing anything real about it. ummmmm no. Get a life. Video games are about the role playing experience. If you don't like the sadism then go take a look at second life. Screwed up people in there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8-JfK-wwFU

Asia Leigh
Kenshin.
Fraternity.
#2284 - 2014-03-26 08:32:00 UTC
Big Lynx wrote:

very stubborn point of view. there are ppl in this world who can't defend themselves (Sakhor) and ppl who take advantage out of it (Ero).
Everyone who approves or defends that behaviour of Ero's group has a distorted perception of healthy social interaction. period.

And where did I say I support ero and his group of friends? >.>

All I said is that the person who got scammed in this case is equally at fault if not more so. Where as a **** victim, robbery victim, or murder victim doesn't have any choice weather or not they become a victim or not, this guy and every idiot who has or will fall for this scam does have a choice. That choice is don't be a greedy bastard...
Apply the damn rules equally >.>
Toshiro Ozuwara
Perkone
#2285 - 2014-03-26 08:33:36 UTC
Navi Annages wrote:
Incorrect. If no EULA violations can be found that happen 'in game' then CCP opens themselves to litigation.

Read and understand this. It has nothing to do with "in game". That's an arbitrary boundary only you believe exists.

"CCP may take any action it deems appropriate regarding any User Content, if CCP believes, in its sole discretion, that such User Content violates the EULA or may expose CCP, its licensors and/or its suppliers to liability, damage CCP's relationship with any of its suppliers, licensors, ISPs or other users of EVE, harm anyone or harm CCP's reputation or goodwill."

Navi Annages wrote:
In other words if they cut off a scammer just because he scams within the confines of the EULA just because they have a beef with them then he can legally SUE them.

No, "may take any action it deems appropriate regarding any User Content" and Erotica1, you, and I all agreed to that.

"CCP believes, in its sole discretion"

and so on and so forth.

Yeah, Erotica1 can sue CCP in Iceland. GL HF.

It didn't take long to locate the tracking beacon, deep inside the quarters for sleepin' They thought they could get away Not today, it's not the way that this kid plays

Navi Annages
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#2286 - 2014-03-26 08:34:16 UTC
I'm too cool to be a Code alt. I personally abhor racism. Especially from some nonhack ex military that makes the uniform look like a disgrace. Does that make sense? Keep defending the racist. Because it's the country that we fought for right? Code members; goons; GOP: dems ect included right? But resorting to racist slurs what a pos.

Big Lynx
#2287 - 2014-03-26 08:34:25 UTC
Asia Leigh wrote:
Big Lynx wrote:

very stubborn point of view. there are ppl in this world who can't defend themselves (Sakhor) and ppl who take advantage out of it (Ero).
Everyone who approves or defends that behaviour of Ero's group has a distorted perception of healthy social interaction. period.

All I said is that the person who got scammed in this case is equally at fault if not more so. Where as a **** victim, robbery victim, or murder victim doesn't have any choice weather or not they become a victim or not, this guy and every idiot who has or will fall for this scam does have a choice. That choice is don't be a greedy bastard...

u still don't get it mate. Ugh
PotatoOverdose
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#2288 - 2014-03-26 08:35:01 UTC
Erotica 1 wrote:

No, I am not saying he did. Someone else. Doesn't matter.

Well, you being blackmailed (with RL things no less) seems to be one of the central points of the case you laid out, and that these same people are railroading you "on an almost daily basis in the forums."

I would assume you have some supporting info or evidence to back up this claim. Blackmail is a pretty serious accusation after all, and should be treated as such.
Scipio Artelius
Weaponised Vegemite
Flying Dangerous
#2289 - 2014-03-26 08:35:42 UTC
Trance Oskold wrote:
It's pretty simple really. In the EVE EULA in the user content section it states:...

The bit you missed including in your final conclusion before though was the "at an accelerated rate" part.

TS does not faciliate gaining anything (it facilitates communication) and even if it did, it doesn't do it at an accelerated rate.
Foxstar Damaskeenus
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#2290 - 2014-03-26 08:35:42 UTC
Maybe it's time to start shooting at the monument in Jita?

"[this thread] is a cesspit of trolling and flaming" ISD Buldath

Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#2291 - 2014-03-26 08:36:06 UTC
Toshiro Ozuwara wrote:
Navi Annages wrote:

Read and understand this. It has nothing to do with "in game". That's an arbitrary boundary only you believe exists.

"CCP may take any action it deems appropriate regarding any User Content, if CCP believes, in its sole discretion, that such User Content violates the EULA or may expose CCP, its licensors and/or its suppliers to liability, damage CCP's relationship with any of its suppliers, licensors, ISPs or other users of EVE, harm anyone or harm CCP's reputation or goodwill."

Navi Annages wrote:

No, "may take any action it deems appropriate regarding any User Content" and Erotica1, you, and I all agreed to that.

and so on and so forth.

Once again, let me repeat for the third time that if CCP takes any action against any perceived 'bad behaviour' then it would be poor form for them not to take action against Sokhar's violent threats. REGARDLESS of how emotional he was. A crime of passion is still a crime, people still go to jail for it.

What's good for one is good for all. I'm not supporting one or the other, but if Ero gets banned for this, then so does Sokhar.

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Space Juden
Supermassive Potato Pancake
#2292 - 2014-03-26 08:36:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Space Juden
Navi Annages wrote:
I'm too cool to be a Code alt. I personally abhor racism. Especially from some nonhack ex military that makes the uniform look like a disgrace. Does that make sense? Keep defending the racist. Because it's the country that we fought for right? Code members; goons; GOP: dems ect included right? But resorting to racist slurs what a pos.

Is Erotica1 a black man, because it sounds more like an irrelevant pejorative to me, not a racial slur
Iyacia Cyric'ai
Lai Dai Counterintelligence
#2293 - 2014-03-26 08:36:38 UTC
The victim is obviously a racist homophobe of questionable intelligence. Doesn't justify humiliating someone over 2 hours even if you're just blackmailing them with their own internet spaceship assets.
Asia Leigh
Kenshin.
Fraternity.
#2294 - 2014-03-26 08:36:48 UTC
Big Lynx wrote:
Asia Leigh wrote:
Big Lynx wrote:

And you sir are missing the point entirely...

Its okay I'll wait for you to catch up >.>
Apply the damn rules equally >.>
Trance Oskold
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#2295 - 2014-03-26 08:36:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Trance Oskold
Asia Leigh wrote:
Big Lynx wrote:

It's actually more than that now. Since this has been pointed out and there is an audio recording of the event that's been published in many different places online, it's making CCP look bad. They will have to take action of some sort.
Erotica 1
Krypteia Operations
#2296 - 2014-03-26 08:37:37 UTC
PotatoOverdose wrote:
Erotica 1 wrote:

Well, you being blackmailed (with RL things no less) seems to be one of the central points of the case you laid out, and that these same people are railroading you "on an almost daily basis in the forums."

I would assume you have some supporting info or evidence to back up this claim. Blackmail is a pretty serious accusation after all, and should be treated as such.

yes

See Bio for isk doubling rules. If you didn't read bio, chances are you funded those who did.

Navi Annages
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#2297 - 2014-03-26 08:38:29 UTC
Remiel Pollard wrote:
Toshiro Ozuwara wrote:
Navi Annages wrote:

Navi Annages wrote:

and so on and so forth.

Once again, let me repeat for the third time that if CCP takes any action against any perceived 'bad behaviour' then it would be poor form for them not to take action against Sokhar's violent threats. REGARDLESS of how emotional he was. A crime of passion is still a crime, people still go to jail for it.

What's good for one is good for all. I'm not supporting one or the other, but if Ero gets banned for this, then so does Sokhar.

Great post sir. Ban them both who cares. Erotica 2.0 will show up regardless and Oscar Meyer Sokhar will be gone forever. No one will miss the racial slurring ex military nothing.

Foxstar Damaskeenus
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#2298 - 2014-03-26 08:39:12 UTC
PotatoOverdose wrote:
Erotica 1 wrote:

And it's clear Erotica 1 is going to start scratching at the walls of the well to climb out. I would have expected blaming and accusations to come out. This person probably knows they are done but might be in denial.

I'm 100% expecting a ban for Erotica 1. Even if only half the people are pissed off at him, that is a lot of pissed off people.

"[this thread] is a cesspit of trolling and flaming" ISD Buldath

Big Lynx
#2299 - 2014-03-26 08:40:21 UTC
Asia Leigh wrote:
Big Lynx wrote:
Asia Leigh wrote:
Big Lynx wrote:

And you sir are missing the point entirely...

Its okay I'll wait for you to catch up >.>

sry mate. your one sided view of things has paralyzed my legs.
Navi Annages
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#2300 - 2014-03-26 08:41:27 UTC
Foxstar Damaskeenus wrote:
PotatoOverdose wrote:
Erotica 1 wrote:

And it's clear Erotica 1 is going to start scratching at the walls of the well to climb out. I would have expected blaming and accusations to come out. This person probably knows they are done but might be in denial.

I'm 100% expecting a ban for Erotica 1. Even if only half the people are pissed off at him, that is a lot of pissed off people.

Pissed off people will not weigh in on CCP's Neutral Company loving business. If he violated any rules that fall within there jurisdiction well then he might just get banned.

My opinion, your opinion, everyone's opinion don't matter. We all know nothing will happen otherwise the ban hammer would have come down by now.

Congrats Erotica 1. Your still a POS but at least a free man. :D

P.S. Erotica 1 for CSM!!!