These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Jester Trek Latest Blog

First post First post
Author
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#1601 - 2014-03-26 02:22:34 UTC
Feyth Yinleq wrote:
Mario Putzo wrote:
Feyth Yinleq wrote:
Agent Lazuli wrote:
On a positive note we discovered just how much Sohkar hates African Americans. He has very strong opinions in that Teamspeak recording. A man of conviction!

For sure, making the victim look bad is a classic from abusive people.
You New Order guys are definitely building a strong defense for your Erotica 1 fellow. You make me sick.

You know what makes me sick.

People who attack someone so openly when his "victim" had every chance in the world to leave whenever he pleased. Erotica 1 and his friends did not keep him there forcefully or against his will.

It makes me sick that a portion of the community holds a double standard and that a CSM member blatantly harasses an EVE player the way he did.

This "victim" could have left at any time, his greed kept him there, his desire for exponential wealth. It wasn't Erotica.

This man lost faith, he gave into greed and strayed from the light.

Not the first time I read this "the victim could have left anytime" argument.
That's true for someone like you and me. But apparently, there is a fine selection process before being given access to this now famous bonus-room.
Imagine if the selection process was random, how boring it would be, having bonus-room sessions lasting only 30 seconds cause the lucky winner left the room almost immediately ?
But no, you can count on Erotica 1 and friends, they know what they are doing. They choose their targets very accurately and they know they will fall for it and stay for a long time.
They must be very proud this time, as Sokhar was exceptional in terms of duration, far beyond their greatest expectations.

So no, this "the victim could have left anytime" argument does not hold, not when the victim is specifically selected not to leave the room too fast.

Where do we go like that with the help yourself, grow a thick skin or die attitude ? What's the next step ? Not helping handicapped people in a wheelchair because you know, they could have made an effort and moved their ass, they have two arms, they could use them ?

Maybe you find me too caring or too idealistic but I cannot see the weak being abused without strongly reacting, especially when such a trap for the weak is so carefully designed and well prepared.

its not the 1st time I've heard of this selction process. Thing is, why are there people like this to select in the 1st place? Why do peiople who can't take it choose to play eve SINCE 2009 and not learn the game. I knew after a week to watch out for scams and that was 7 years ago.

As I've said before in this thread: many of you are just enablers for and apologists of stupidity and other bad things (like greed). People like Erotica1 keep everyone honest because you never know when a scam is coming, so even thoguh I'd never do anything like that, the game would really suck without it.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#1602 - 2014-03-26 02:23:53 UTC
Proletariat Tingtango wrote:
Xuixien wrote:
Xuixien wrote:
So what line did Erotica 1 cross?

I'm listening to this recording. I'm at 1:15:00, and so far all that's happened is they made him read The Code and Olga of Kiev. Pretty standard fare for a bonus round. The worst they've done so far is lightly tease him about his Elmer Fudd voice, meanwhile he's already had one angry outburst, swearing at everyone.

O. Kay.

Maybe things will change as the recording goes on, but so far... nobody's even talking except the guy reading these two documents and asked to look up words he didn't know.

So what line?

No TOS/EULA violation, no laws broken... so what line?

I can tell you he's done creepy stuff where a line was crossed. Having people read The Code isn't so bad, but believe me the man has done some pretty heinous stuff.

I don't know if it's been discussed, given how big the thread is probably, but he has a case-file which includes shirtless men, peanut butter, and underaged girls.

He will basically take a person as far as he possibly can without flinching. If anyone in Eve is a card carrying sociopath, it's probably Erotica 1.

I've known Erotica 1 for a while now. I've sat in and listened on many Bonus Rounds, winners and losers alike. Nothing ever really crossed the line, but Erotica 1 has been on the receiving end of some harsh verbal abuse. But all of that was consensual. I can't comment on the "underaged girl" - first time I'm hearing about it. Maybe you can provide a link to verify your allegation?

The stuff I heard about was on goon forums, may or may not exist anymore, and I'm not going to potentially expose myself to something illegal, nor am I going to get myself in trouble by posting goon crap on eve-o. He was run out of GSF for a reason and finding his posts is hard anyway.

Unlike many posters in this thread, I don't think Erotica 1 should be stopped or punished, because he's not breaking any rules here. He's just creepy as hell and I'm willing to confirm as much to anyone who has ears to hear it.

Bonus Rounds are sociopath level crap even if it's banal most of the time, I'm willing to complain all the way up to saying CCP should do anything, because they shouldn't.

If any Important Goons want to disclose some of the crap he's done that's 'over the line' they can, but i'm just a line member who is super creeped out by his actions. He has made me second guess some of my own past actions even though I've never come close to taking anyone for a ride like he has.

To my knowledge she wasn't underage, however exactly how the stunt happened is unclear. It is also entirely possible it was a guy, it was never entirely figured out.
Jessica Danikov
Network Danikov
#1603 - 2014-03-26 02:24:10 UTC
Not sure if it's been linked yet, but it seems it is starting to make the rounds on mainstream media: http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/03/25/heres-some-of-the-cyberbullying-that-happens-in-eve-online/

“Sunlight is the best disinfectant.” Maybe a little visibility and transparency within the EVE community and outside of it will be what does the most good.
PinkPanter
Valhalla Drinking Team
#1604 - 2014-03-26 02:25:03 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
PinkPanter wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
PinkPanter wrote:

They have to act as E1 used their game to lure the victim.

E1 did nothing against the EULA.

He used EVE to lure the victim, recorded his humiliating and bullying practices, posted them back in eve forums and everything involves in game assets.

Have you even read the EULA to the point of understanding it? (It's a rethorical question so don't brother as it's clear already)

Have you?

Please quote the section that E1 broke.

Go find it goon. I ain't gonna hold your hand. It's a tuff world and if you don't like my answers you can stop posting and leave oh and HTFU etc etc etc.

Kinda funny don't you think?
Mario Putzo
#1605 - 2014-03-26 02:25:28 UTC
I LOVE ALL THE HYPERBOLE IN THIS THREAD!
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#1606 - 2014-03-26 02:26:51 UTC
Jessica Danikov wrote:
Not sure if it's been linked yet, but it seems it is starting to make the rounds on mainstream media: http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/03/25/heres-some-of-the-cyberbullying-that-happens-in-eve-online/

“Sunlight is the best disinfectant.” Maybe a little visibility and transparency within the EVE community and outside of it will be what does the most good.

"Source: EVE News 24"

Jesus ****
Xuixien
Solar Winds Security Solutions
#1607 - 2014-03-26 02:26:57 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Xuixien wrote:
Xuixien wrote:
So what line did Erotica 1 cross?

I'm listening to this recording. I'm at 1:15:00, and so far all that's happened is they made him read The Code and Olga of Kiev. Pretty standard fare for a bonus round. The worst they've done so far is lightly tease him about his Elmer Fudd voice, meanwhile he's already had one angry outburst, swearing at everyone.

O. Kay.

Maybe things will change as the recording goes on, but so far... nobody's even talking except the guy reading these two documents and asked to look up words he didn't know.

So what line?

No TOS/EULA violation, no laws broken... so what line?

I can tell you he's done creepy stuff where a line was crossed. Having people read The Code isn't so bad, but believe me the man has done some pretty heinous stuff.

I don't know if it's been discussed, given how big the thread is probably, but he has a case-file which includes shirtless men, peanut butter, and underaged girls.

He will basically take a person as far as he possibly can without flinching. If anyone in Eve is a card carrying sociopath, it's probably Erotica 1.

I've known Erotica 1 for a while now. I've sat in and listened on many Bonus Rounds, winners and losers alike. Nothing ever really crossed the line, but Erotica 1 has been on the receiving end of some harsh verbal abuse. But all of that was consensual. I can't comment on the "underaged girl" - first time I'm hearing about it. Maybe you can provide a link to verify your allegation?

The stuff I heard about was on goon forums, may or may not exist anymore, and I'm not going to potentially expose myself to something illegal, nor am I going to get myself in trouble by posting goon crap on eve-o. He was run out of GSF for a reason and finding his posts is hard anyway.

Unlike many posters in this thread, I don't think Erotica 1 should be stopped or punished, because he's not breaking any rules here. He's just creepy as hell and I'm willing to confirm as much to anyone who has ears to hear it.

Bonus Rounds are sociopath level crap even if it's banal most of the time, I'm willing to complain all the way up to saying CCP should do anything, because they shouldn't.

If any Important Goons want to disclose some of the crap he's done that's 'over the line' they can, but i'm just a line member who is super creeped out by his actions. He has made me second guess some of my own past actions even though I've never come close to taking anyone for a ride like he has.

To my knowledge she wasn't underage, however exactly how the stunt happened is unclear. It is also entirely possible it was a guy, it was never entirely figured out.

Okay so, basically:

There was a rumor about a person, who may have been underaged, but who also may not have been; who might have been female, but who could have been a male, in which something happened that was not entirely figured out?

Jesus Christ. BAN EROTICA 1!!!!

Epic Space Cat, Horsegirl, Philanthropist

WarProfit
Doomheim
#1608 - 2014-03-26 02:27:08 UTC
Grabs popcorn, aspiring space lawyers I see that as a new profession in EVE atleast during the period of shakespere.
Xuixien
#1609 - 2014-03-26 02:27:47 UTC
PinkPanter wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
PinkPanter wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
PinkPanter wrote:

They have to act as E1 used their game to lure the victim.

E1 did nothing against the EULA.

He used EVE to lure the victim, recorded his humiliating and bullying practices, posted them back in eve forums and everything involves in game assets.

Have you even read the EULA to the point of understanding it? (It's a rethorical question so don't brother as it's clear already)

Have you?

Please quote the section that E1 broke.

Go find it goon. I ain't gonna hold your hand. It's a tuff world and if you don't like my answers you can stop posting and leave oh and HTFU etc etc etc.

So basically you can't because you were talking out of your fudgehole.

Okay good. Another thing I wanted cleared up.

Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#1610 - 2014-03-26 02:27:56 UTC
baltec1 wrote:

To my knowledge she wasn't underage,

Not good enough. That simple half sentence begs for more detail. Much more.

C'mon. Spill.

Mr Epeen Cool
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#1611 - 2014-03-26 02:28:09 UTC
PinkPanter wrote:

You are the one saying E1 has broken the EULA. You have to show the evidence to back up your claim, not me.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#1612 - 2014-03-26 02:28:44 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Jessica Danikov wrote:

Jesus ****

Yeah, that was pretty funny.

I do wonder what Ripard is up to, though. Clearly he's trying to force a confrontation with CCP on the matter by trying a media blitz after his own fashion. As evidenced by his use of as much hot button, inflamatory, charged language as he can shovel into his blog.

Did he just not get his way on something, and is throwing this tantrum now?

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Xuixien
#1613 - 2014-03-26 02:31:02 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Jessica Danikov wrote:

Jesus ****

I do wonder what Ripard is up to, though. Clearly he's trying to force a confrontation with CCP on the matter by trying a media blitz after his own fashion. As evidenced by his use of as much hot button, inflamatory, charged language as he can shovel into his blog.

Jester's post was written after the Massively post. He's trying to coat tail on Erotica 1.

PinkPanter
Valhalla Drinking Team
#1614 - 2014-03-26 02:31:06 UTC  |  Edited by: PinkPanter
baltec1 wrote:
PinkPanter wrote:

You are the one saying E1 has broken the EULA. You have to show the evidence to back up your claim, not me.

I don't have to do anything. I'm only stating my opinions and certainly not trying to teach a goon reading comprehension.

And that's because I was active in the shittani thread and no matter what was stated you knew better. There's just no point.
EI Digin
irc.zulusquad.org
#1615 - 2014-03-26 02:31:44 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:

He's getting exactly what he wanted, attention for his blog.

Hope it was worth it.
Wesley Otsdarva
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#1616 - 2014-03-26 02:32:00 UTC
I would like everyone to take a little time. Google "Eve Online" and look under news.

The first Article gives off a "bit" of bad press. As it is titled "Here's some of the Cyberbullying that happens in EVE online"

Was it actually bullying according to the definitions? Idk, could sohkar of left? yes. Could E1 of just stopped, yes.

But it is every player in this game that contributes to Articles being titled like that. Gives a really bad vibe to non eve players. Just look in massively's comment section. Quite a few say they will never try eve because of stuff like this. And who's to really blame.

We are. The whole eve community was born on HTFU and ate scams for breakfast. Now it's just toxic. (turns out scams aren't a part of a daily nutritional breakfast)

Idk about you guys, but i'm ashamed to be a part of a community that condones this.
Feyth Yinleq
Doomheim
#1617 - 2014-03-26 02:32:06 UTC
Agent Lazuli wrote:
Feyth Yinleq wrote:
[quote=Agent Lazuli]For sure, making the victim look bad is a classic from abusive people.
You New Order guys are definitely building a strong defense for your Erotica 1 fellow. You make me sick.

The New Order applaud anyone who treats their fellow man with respect and decency. Erotica 1 was nothing but polite in that recording yet had to suffer the abuse of an extremely unhinged racist EVE player. An EVE player who I remind you willingly participated in the bonus round. Sohkar had every opportunity to politely decline the invitation yet when he did not get his way launched into a verbal tirade and made real threats. Additionally his wife even joined the channel and started making threats against the good character of Erotica 1.

Erotica 1 even featured a number of very happy past contest winners in the Teamspeak chat to reassure Sohkar. Yet this still did not placate him. I think it is deplorable players of Sohkar's calibre should be allowed to play EVE when the majority of EVE players just want to promote a safe and secure community.

Yes, sure. You're all a bunch of respectful individuals.............. (sorry, I had to puke).
The wife did in fact beg you to stop and give back the assets to her husband. You could feel the distress in her voice and any decent human being would have stopped right then this macarade.

Knowing that this farce has been going on for some time now is even more appalling. It should have been stopped much sooner.

I don't know how you can live with yourselves, or more precisely, I do. But let me give you an advice from someone who knows quite well who Erotica 1 really is: be very careful with such a sociopath cause as long as you serve his purpose, you will be his friends and he will be cheerful and pleasant. But believe me when I say that you will one day be his next victims.

Good luck with that, you're in for a treat.
Proletariat Tingtango
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#1618 - 2014-03-26 02:32:48 UTC
Xuixien wrote:

Jesus Christ. BAN EROTICA 1!!!!

I don't know what Baltec's position is but I'm going to go ahead and point out that neither of us called for his ban in either of those posts.

I'm only calling him a sick creepy scumbag of a person, and I'm not going to pour over the thread to find out Baltec's position, but I can guess that neither of us want a precedent to be set for scamming to be bannable.
Mildew Wolf
#1619 - 2014-03-26 02:33:10 UTC
This is almost as good as the "welcome mintchip" thread
Scipio Artelius
Weaponised Vegemite
Flying Dangerous
#1620 - 2014-03-26 02:33:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Scipio Artelius
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
[I do wonder what Ripard is up to, though. Clearly he's trying to force a confrontation with CCP on the matter by trying a media blitz after his own fashion. As evidenced by his use of as much hot button, inflamatory, charged language as he can shovel into his blog.

I would assume that the timing of the whole thing is political.

It gets his name in lights at a time when the CSM vote is coming up and provides a platform that people will be able to use to judge whether he should be voted in or not.

I don't see anything altruistic in his blog entry. It seems more self-interest motivated than anything.

It may not be, but it's all too convenient for it not to be related to CSM nominations.