These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Jester Trek Latest Blog

First post First post
Author
Dave Stark
#1001 - 2014-03-25 21:48:12 UTC
LUMINOUS SPIRIT wrote:
Hey look, a psychopath sadist talks about civility. So Erotica tell me, hows it going? You humiliated any more vulnerable people today, maybe made one or two cry? You would like that wouldnt you.

show us on the doll which bonus room you were scammed in.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#1002 - 2014-03-25 21:48:19 UTC
Xander Delacroix wrote:

And therein lies the problem at the heart of this issue. Every player who gets their jollies from the pain of others, whether due to scamming, ganking in game, or through public humiliation, are all contributing to the toxic environment that drives existing players out and keeps new players away. What happens when all the victims are gone and the trolls and griefers and tormentors turn on each other? Well, not a lot, because the plug would have been pulled long before that.

11 years of growth says we are doing just fine.
Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#1003 - 2014-03-25 21:48:20 UTC
LUMINOUS SPIRIT wrote:

Hey look, a psychopath sadist talks about civility. So Erotica tell me, hows it going? You humiliated any more vulnerable people today, maybe made one or two cry? You would like that wouldnt you.

Confirmed, 2009 character = vunerable

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Muestereate
Minions LLC
#1004 - 2014-03-25 21:48:21 UTC
Gogela wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:
Gogela wrote:
I find all of this thoroughly entertaining.

I can tell a lot of people haven't listened to the whole audio file. The end is the best part! Pirate

you mean when the poor ikkle victim starts spewing racism and real life threats?
i gotta admit, i lol'd at that.

Well... yah exactly? Erotica 1's actions are "debateable" at best. That 'victim's' reaction was a clear EULA violation. If you really wanted to come down to brass tacks, that guy would be banned. Because of the circumstances it's being overlooked, but if you press on the rules, if you are even talking/writing about having having Erotica 1 banned, than you would absolutely have to ban the victim here. It's crystal clear to me...

Why do we have to play on a fair playing field all of a sudden by punishing the victim? Equality among people doesn't even exist. How can that be seen as an important value in this case?

Karen Avioras
The Raging Raccoons
#1005 - 2014-03-25 21:48:38 UTC
Scamming him out of the monies is fun and all but that is just taking it too far Shocked
Dave Stark
#1006 - 2014-03-25 21:50:04 UTC
Muestereate wrote:
Why do we have to play on a fair playing field all of a sudden by punishing the victim? Equality among people doesn't even exist. How can that be seen as an important value in this case?

because rules should be enforced equally, not just on people you don't like. that's why we have to have a fair playing field, especially when they're both paying customers.

although if we're not going to apply rules equally, i'd be fine with banning the racist.
Winchester Steele
#1007 - 2014-03-25 21:50:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Winchester Steele
Dave Stark wrote:
Batelle wrote:
Toshiro Ozuwara wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:
the fact of the situation is as follows; he was one keystroke from removing himself from the situation and turning a 1.5 hour teamspeak session in to a non-event.

Do you attribute this to his lack of awareness or Erotica1's skill at manipulation?

"Shouldn't have worn that dress"

Your words. Some guy getting embarrassed because he's greedy is in no way comparable to sexual assault. Just like getting made fun of on the internet is not the same as torture (DIAF ripard), and getting scammed is not cyberbullying.

you know, it totally passed me by that he was referencing sexual assault there.

so we've had a torture, and sexual assault comparison.
any bets on the next dumb comparison?

A certain german dictator that carebears always seem to fall back on as a comparison and who is censored on Eve-o has yet to make an appearance.

Snupe Doggur
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#1008 - 2014-03-25 21:50:54 UTC
Erotica 1 wrote:
So many people up in arms over something that happened awhile ago (and widely read on www.minerbumping.com in a 4 part series) because some guy named Ripard? posted something.

Instead of the "to the stakes!" talk, let's do what CCP falcon asked early on and remain civil. Thanks.
Frankly, I don't think this post demonstrates nearly enough faith in the process. That's got to come before we get to the educational component. But I appreciate that this is a little uncomfortable.

I'm just going to think of what to do with the winnings, for now.
Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#1009 - 2014-03-25 21:50:56 UTC
Muestereate wrote:

Your right.

Racism and death threats trump childish taunting

Only he should be banned

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Gogela
Epic Ganking Time
CODE.
#1010 - 2014-03-25 21:51:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Gogela
Muestereate wrote:
Gogela wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:
Gogela wrote:
I find all of this thoroughly entertaining.

I can tell a lot of people haven't listened to the whole audio file. The end is the best part! Pirate

you mean when the poor ikkle victim starts spewing racism and real life threats?
i gotta admit, i lol'd at that.

Well... yah exactly? Erotica 1's actions are "debateable" at best. That 'victim's' reaction was a clear EULA violation. If you really wanted to come down to brass tacks, that guy would be banned. Because of the circumstances it's being overlooked, but if you press on the rules, if you are even talking/writing about having having Erotica 1 banned, than you would absolutely have to ban the victim here. It's crystal clear to me...

"Equality among people doesn't even exist. "

Than we are in anarchy and any discussion about rules at all is moot. If they don't apply equally there aren't any rules.

Signatures should be used responsibly...

Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#1011 - 2014-03-25 21:51:54 UTC
Winchester Steele wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:
Batelle wrote:
Toshiro Ozuwara wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:
the fact of the situation is as follows; he was one keystroke from removing himself from the situation and turning a 1.5 hour teamspeak session in to a non-event.

Do you attribute this to his lack of awareness or Erotica1's skill at manipulation?

"Shouldn't have worn that dress"

Your words. Some guy getting embarrassed because he's greedy is in no way comparable to sexual assault. Just like getting made fun of on the internet is not the same as torture (DIAF ripard), and getting scammed is not cyberbullying.

you know, it totally passed me by that he was referencing sexual assault there.

****** has yet to make an appearance.

As has enforced **** **** with a *****-****** wrapped in sandpaper

Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#1012 - 2014-03-25 21:53:03 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
LUMINOUS SPIRIT wrote:
Erotica 1 wrote:
Cool, almost to page 50. I have the greatest level of respect for this awesome game CCP lets us play. If Hilmar posted in this thread something like "Hey Ero, a lot of us think the bonus rounds are really funny, but we would prefer if you did xzy differently, maybe start a bank instead," I would totally honor his request.

So many people up in arms over something that happened awhile ago (and widely read on www.minerbumping.com in a 4 part series) because some guy named Ripard? posted something.

Instead of the "to the stakes!" talk, let's do what CCP falcon asked early on and remain civil. Thanks.

So what about this "vulnerable person" who is both racist and willing to harm in RL?

Reminds me of my wayward youth when I got beaten to a pulp by a few of the local constabulary. I said a few things about what I wanted to do to them and their families as I was being kicked in my already broken ribs.

The point is what he said was wrong but I perfectly understand him lashing out.

Mr Epeen Cool
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#1013 - 2014-03-25 21:53:21 UTC
Ramona McCandless wrote:

Kinky.
Malcolm Shinhwa
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1014 - 2014-03-25 21:54:10 UTC
Winchester Steele wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:

A certain german dictator that carebears always seem to fall back on as a comparison and who is censored on Eve-o has yet to make an appearance.

Malcanis brought him in early on. I think just to get it over with.

[i]"The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental[/i]."

Mag's
Azn Empire
#1015 - 2014-03-25 21:54:31 UTC
Ramona McCandless wrote:

Most of this is blanked out, but it still managed to eject Pepsi from my nose. Lol

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

Toshiro Ozuwara
Perkone
#1016 - 2014-03-25 21:55:56 UTC
baltec1 wrote:

The earth has always been flat.

It didn't take long to locate the tracking beacon, deep inside the quarters for sleepin' They thought they could get away Not today, it's not the way that this kid plays

Forum Clone 77777
Doomheim
#1017 - 2014-03-25 21:57:36 UTC
Another message Im seeing in this thread, mostly by the defenders of the "victim", is that CCP should directly police what is being said on teamspeak.

Thats what Im seeing, really? This is insane.
admiral root
Red Galaxy
#1018 - 2014-03-25 21:58:49 UTC
I guess page views were down on ******'s blog so he decided to post something outrageous. Reminds me of the time he compared suicide ganking to **** and the New Order to slave owners.

No, your rights end in optimal+2*falloff

Erotica 1
Krypteia Operations
#1019 - 2014-03-25 21:58:58 UTC
Feel free to tip my bounty if you had a good time. I'll post pics of the notifications later tonight (or in 31 days). Let's get it above that Wow/GTC seller guy. We can do it!

See Bio for isk doubling rules. If you didn't read bio, chances are you funded those who did.

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#1020 - 2014-03-25 21:59:10 UTC
Toshiro Ozuwara wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

The earth has always been flat.

Well durr, the water would fall off if it wasn't.