These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page

(Solved) Lock Pin Windows Feature

First post
Author
Cpt Greagor
Liquid Relief
#1 - 2011-11-29 20:48:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Cpt Greagor
Another Edit

CCP Punkturis wrote:
everybody calm down, we're adding the option to lock windows back in as soon as possible!

The problem was apparently removed until the problem regarding it can be found, then it will be implemented back in sometime soon™.

EDIT- The feature is definitely gone. So my question to CCP now is, why was it removed?

Am I just not seeing it now or did the option to lock pinned windows disappear?

- Today's Goals -  Log Into Forums - [X] Make More Useless Posts - [X] Log Into EVE - [  ]

Piye Shu
Doomheim
#2 - 2011-11-29 20:49:34 UTC
It seems to have disappeared; windows can "always" be moved now.
ITTigerClawIK
Galactic Rangers
#3 - 2011-11-29 20:50:53 UTC
the "pin window" button has now turned into " change window style" button... also the lock pinned windows option has dissapeard from the options....

no idea why this essential tool was removed, got my windows going all over the places when opening up multiple stuff now
Aphoxema G
Khushakor Clan
#4 - 2011-11-29 20:52:04 UTC
Oh ho, I hope they have a good reason for that. It's small, but I'm pissed.
Cpt Greagor
Liquid Relief
#5 - 2011-11-29 20:55:28 UTC
Yes, the removal of this is utterly stupid. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever for the removal of this, how in any way is this helping anything?

- Today's Goals -  Log Into Forums - [X] Make More Useless Posts - [X] Log Into EVE - [  ]

Dark Crux
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#6 - 2011-11-29 21:01:21 UTC
Cpt Greagor wrote:
Yes, the removal of this is utterly stupid. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever for the removal of this, how in any way is this helping anything?

There was a reason, it was to fix something, and it was documented in the patch notes.

Patch Notes wrote:
UI windows that are snapped to the Neocom or map panel will now stay put as you dock or undock. Unfortunately the root cause was the ‘Lock windows when pinned’ option so that has been removed.
Denidil
Cascades Mountain Operatives
#7 - 2011-11-29 21:02:06 UTC
they've already said the functionality is coming back, they needed to nuke it to beat the stupid out of the code.

Tedium and difficulty are not the same thing, if you don't realize this then STFU about game design.

Dultas
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#8 - 2011-11-29 21:02:42 UTC
From the patch notes "UI windows that are snapped to the Neocom or map panel will now stay put as you dock or undock. Unfortunately the root cause was the ‘Lock windows when pinned’ option so that has been removed."

AKA We couldn't fix it so we removed a feature, you didn't want that anyway right?

Pinning is now utterly useless how they failed to see that I'll never know. And with the bugs of windows jumping to your pointer for no reason this just added about 6 more that will do it on a regular bases for me. Important ones, like overview, selected item, watch list.

Aphoxema G
Khushakor Clan
#9 - 2011-11-29 21:03:11 UTC
Dark Crux wrote:
Cpt Greagor wrote:

There was a reason, it was to fix something, and it was documented in the patch notes.

Patch Notes wrote:
UI windows that are snapped to the Neocom or map panel will now stay put as you dock or undock. Unfortunately the root cause was the ‘Lock windows when pinned’ option so that has been removed.

I don't mind hacks if they plan on having a real fix in the near future, but I wasn't having any trouble with this before.
Jacob cirth
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2011-11-29 21:04:07 UTC
Dark Crux wrote:
Cpt Greagor wrote:

Patch Notes wrote:

That's a terrible reason. Rather than fix the problem, they removed a feature and swept it under the rug. That's a hackjob jury rig, not good engineering.
Cpt Greagor
Liquid Relief
#11 - 2011-11-29 21:04:35 UTC
Dark Crux wrote:
Cpt Greagor wrote:

Patch Notes wrote:

Ok, I still don't think that they should remove the feature all together because it appeared to be causing a problem. It had always worked before with no problems so there is obviously a underlying problem that is causing it.

I see no reason they should take the easy way out and remove a feature many people use rather than take a second to see what the real problem is and fix that.

Piye Shu
Doomheim
#12 - 2011-11-29 21:06:38 UTC
GM Homonoia wrote:

2. Pinning windows

We are aware that this option is currently not present and we are looking into fixing it. We currently have no workaround.

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=39108
CCP Punkturis
C C P
C C P Alliance
#13 - 2011-11-29 21:09:21 UTC
everybody calm down, we're adding the option to lock windows back in as soon as possible!

♥ EVE Brogrammer ♥ Team Five 0 ♥ @CCP_Punkturis

Cpt Greagor
Liquid Relief
#14 - 2011-11-29 21:09:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Cpt Greagor
Personally I'd rather have to fix the windows the very few times this has happened than not have the feature.

CCP Punkturis wrote:

Glad to hear this, though personally I'd rather have to fix the windows the very few times this has happened than not have the feature.

And this is the EVE community, panicking is our nature.

Jita Alt666
#15 - 2011-11-29 21:11:51 UTC
Thank you Piye Shu for doing the reading the OP was incapable of doing.
Aphoxema G
Khushakor Clan
#16 - 2011-11-29 21:14:21 UTC
CCP Punkturis wrote:

Suddenly my anger has left me.
Cpt Greagor
Liquid Relief
#17 - 2011-11-29 21:14:38 UTC
Jita Alt666 wrote:
Thank you Piye Shu for doing the reading the OP was incapable of doing.

If I would have been reading I wouldn't have had the time to properly rage over this.

Zagam
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#18 - 2011-11-29 21:15:51 UTC
CCP Punkturis wrote:

Its more fun to panic, though!
Denidil
Cascades Mountain Operatives
#19 - 2011-11-29 21:16:02 UTC
CCP Punkturis wrote:

correct ambassador to send to calm the creepy nerd hordes.

Tedium and difficulty are not the same thing, if you don't realize this then STFU about game design.

CCP Punkturis
C C P
C C P Alliance
#20 - 2011-11-29 21:18:21 UTC
Denidil wrote:
CCP Punkturis wrote:

correct ambassador to send to calm the creepy nerd hordes.

haha!

most people are just going to read the original post and get really angry and post more and miss my comment anyways Blink

♥ EVE Brogrammer ♥ Team Five 0 ♥ @CCP_Punkturis

123Next page