These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123

(Solved) Lock Pin Windows Feature

First post
Author
Julius Rigel
#41 - 2011-11-30 16:18:04 UTC
CCP Punkturis wrote:
This is the story of the Lock Pinned Windows feature that got lost and then saved again later Blink

So this will be the flagship "new feature" of the summer expansion, like engine trails were for this one, I take it?

If it's not too much trouble, I'll take my rehashbrowns with a side of gravy, please. I also don't drink anything lighter than a French roast, don't even come near me with that acidic diner swill.

How do I tell when a metaphor has gone too far and lost its meaning? Is it at all correlated with the number of paragraphs?
Fidelium Mortis
Minor Major Miners LLC
#42 - 2011-11-30 16:22:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Fidelium Mortis
CCP Punkturis wrote:
ShadowMaster wrote:
CCP Punkturis wrote:
everybody calm down, we're adding the option to lock windows back in as soon as possible!

Glad to hear it. May I ask why it was removed? Was it a design choice to remove it or was it removed because it was broken due to some other change and the intention was always to bring it back?

It was removed because of technical issues (with flying windows) and we didn't realize this option was so popular.

As soon as we saw we made a mistake by removing it we decided to add it back in. But it was just too close to release to add it back in and still make sure the windows wouldn't be flying around.

So we decided to just add it back in soon after this release so we have more time to do testing.

This is the story of the Lock Pinned Windows feature that got lost and then saved again later Blink

Speaking of flying windows, would it be tough to add an option to move all active windows to the center of the screen? While messing with UI scaling I had a couple instances where a window or its top bar were moved off the screen.

Edited

ICRS - Intergalactic Certified Rocket Surgeon

Vircomore Amilupar
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#43 - 2011-11-30 16:30:01 UTC
I am not necessarily raging - but this really could have been handled better. There really should have been some form of poll (either a public poll or an internal usage poll) to determine just how valuable the Pinning feature was to the playerbase. Fixing a minor inconvenience affecting a small number of players... by causing a larger inconvenience to a larger number of people is never the way to go.

This is the way I look at it:

"We discovered an issue with Heavy Launchers where they would occasionally display the incorrect amount of ammunition on their buttons."

"So we disabled Heavy Launchers."
Dyner
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#44 - 2011-12-01 19:53:23 UTC
CCP Punkturis wrote:
everybody calm down, we're adding the option to lock windows back in as soon as possible!

RAWR!

/tackles

Lol
Previous page123