These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

Is some of CCP getting the big CHILL???

First post First post
Author
Serene Repose
#1 - 2014-01-29 15:52:11 UTC
Did you know CCP has offices in the Atlanta Metro area? (Kennesaw - Stone Mountain) Did you know Atlanta is frozen solid today??? Oh my goodness! I-285 is a traffic jammed block of ice! Some of CCP's employees may be out there freezin' their hinies off!

Remember guys: It's not called Hot'lanta for nothin'. Sure, it's not that hot today! But, you'll thaw out - guaranteed.

"Our" sympathies are with you.

(From a former Atlanta resident of 16 years. Now in South Florida where it'll hit 80 degrees today!)

We must accommodate the idiocracy.

Ptraci
3 R Corporation
#2 - 2014-01-29 16:06:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Ptraci
Serene Repose wrote:
Did you know CCP has offices in the Atlanta Metro area? (Kennesaw - Stone Mountain) Did you know Atlanta is frozen solid today??? Oh my goodness! I-285 is a traffic jammed block of ice! Some of CCP's employees may be out there freezin' their hinies off!

Remember guys: It's not called Hot'lanta for nothin'. Sure, it's not that hot today! But, you'll thaw out - guaranteed.

(From a former Atlanta resident of 16 years. Now in South Florida where it'll hit 80 degrees today!)

I'd be disappointed in a game company that forced its programmers (or indeed any of its staff) to have to commute all the time, and not be able to work from home. Hell if my wife can do it as a marketing research manager, I'd sure as hell expect a coder in a technology company to be able to do it. No one from CCP should be sitting in a car stuck on a highway.
Morganta
The Greater Goon
Clockwork Pineapple
#3 - 2014-01-29 16:07:55 UTC
didn't they shutter the Atlanta office after greed-is-goodgate?
Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#4 - 2014-01-29 16:08:47 UTC
My company's HQ is just outside of Atlanta. We got an email this morning from the CEO stating that none of them are going to work because of a winter storm warning.

I live up in the Northern Plains so I thought about replying all saying, "***** you don't know what a winter storm is!" but then thought better of it.

"Grr Kimmi  Nerf Chans!" ~Jenn aSide

www.eve-radio.com  Join Eve Radio channel in game!

silens vesica
Corsair Cartel
#5 - 2014-01-29 16:10:34 UTC
Serene Repose wrote:

Eh. It was 10(f)* here this morning. With a light coating of fresh powder snow. Everything ran on time,and no one had any issues.

Atlanta needs to HTFU.
Big smile

*(Minus 12(c) )

Tell someone you love them today, because life is short. But scream it at them in Esperanto, because life is also terrifying and confusing.

Didn't vote? Then you voted for NulBloc

Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#6 - 2014-01-29 16:13:01 UTC
Ptraci wrote:
I'd be disappointed in a game company that forced its programmers (or indeed any of its staff) to have to commute all the time, and not be able to work from home. Hell if my wife can do it as a marketing research manager, I'd sure as hell expect a coder in a technology company to be able to do it. No one from CCP should be sitting in a car stuck on a highway.

That would be like being stuck on one of the gates to Jita yea? Big smile

"Grr Kimmi  Nerf Chans!" ~Jenn aSide

www.eve-radio.com  Join Eve Radio channel in game!

Angelica Dreamstar
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2014-01-29 16:14:54 UTC
Celsius. The word is Celsius. And your numbers are wrong.

*puts on 1337 face*

bingo, his pig not being a goat doesn't make the pig wrong, just him an idiot for shouting at his pig "WHY ARENT YOU A GOAT!" (Source)

-- Ralph King-Griffin, about deranged people playing EVE ONLINE

Serene Repose
#8 - 2014-01-29 16:21:07 UTC
Oh, it's the Deep South, now (y'all). Chicago would look at it as a nice day. Seems the city fathers didn't take the warnings seriously, or didn't understand they were meant for THEM. Not many Southerners even own a pair of mukluks, for Chrissakes!

We must accommodate the idiocracy.

Felicity Love
Doomheim
#9 - 2014-01-29 16:24:49 UTC
Should move that office in Atlanta to like, YELLOWKNIFE... woosies can learn some proper manly survival skills like BBQ'ing in sub-zero temperatures and knowing how deep to bury your beer in snow without it freezing. Blink

"EVE is dying." -- The Four Forum Trolls of the Apocalypse.   ( Pick four, any four. They all smell.  )

Morganta
The Greater Goon
Clockwork Pineapple
#10 - 2014-01-29 16:29:40 UTC
best part is they got about 1.5 inches of snow LolLolLolLolLol
Pok Nibin
Doomheim
#11 - 2014-01-29 16:35:23 UTC
+1 for Yellowknife...with a caveat:

Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow!

The right to free speech doesn't automatically carry with it the right to be taken seriously.

Morganta
The Greater Goon
Clockwork Pineapple
#12 - 2014-01-29 16:36:25 UTC
Pok Nibin wrote:

Nanook no no
don't be a naughty Eskimo.....
Baljos Arnjak
Dark Praetorian Order
#13 - 2014-01-29 16:54:14 UTC
Yeah, I sorta feel for them as they don't have the road equipment down there to deal with that kind of weather. I used to live in Oklahoma City and the plows they have down there are something we'd use to plow our diveways here, if Atlanta is similar, they're going to have a hard time for a few days.

But, I'm from Minnesota, it gets cold here, and I mean COLD! We just had a couple of days where the high was around -10 F, that's -23C. That's as warm as it got, lol. The low was -22F (-30C) IIRC. You gotta love it when you go outside and the moisture in your nose freezes 10 seconds after leaving the door!
silens vesica
Corsair Cartel
#14 - 2014-01-29 16:55:54 UTC
Pok Nibin wrote:

Say hello to Dyan Bergen,* eh?
She found the negative 10(f) temps to be a bit warm.

*Yukon Quest Red Lantern winner (last to finish) - A damned tough place to be and one to accept with a wry pride.

Tell someone you love them today, because life is short. But scream it at them in Esperanto, because life is also terrifying and confusing.

MatrixSkye Mk2
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#15 - 2014-01-29 17:06:32 UTC
Baljos Arnjak wrote:
Yeah, I sorta feel for them as they don't have the road equipment down there to deal with that kind of weather. I used to live in Oklahoma City and the plows they have down there are something we'd use to plow our diveways here, if Atlanta is similar, they're going to have a hard time for a few days.

But, I'm from Minnesota, it gets cold here, and I mean COLD! We just had a couple of days where the high was around -10 F, that's -23C. That's as warm as it got, lol. The low was -22F (-30C) IIRC. You gotta love it when you go outside and the moisture in your nose freezes 10 seconds after leaving the door!

Minnesota's infamous for its winters. But it's just crazy how people can adapt to these conditions o0.

Successfully doinitwrong™ since 2006.

stoicfaux
#16 - 2014-01-29 17:23:40 UTC
I have never seen so much red before. Snapshot for posterity: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_CLlTV8bSxNVGlaY2hBdHV4d0U/edit?usp=sharing

Pon Farr Memorial: once every 7 years, all the carebears in high-sec must PvP or they will be temp-banned.

Batelle
Filthy Peasants
#17 - 2014-01-29 17:46:42 UTC
CCP's Atlanta office is/was the development center for World of Darkness, and afaik its currently a skeleton crew, so to speak.

Eve Devs are forced to actually live in Iceland.

"**CCP is changing policy, and has asked that we discontinue the bonus credit program after November 7th. So until then, enjoy a super-bonus of 1B Blink Credit for each 60-day GTC you buy!"**

Never forget.

silens vesica
Corsair Cartel
#18 - 2014-01-29 17:49:07 UTC
stoicfaux wrote:
I have never seen so much red before. Snapshot for posterity: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_CLlTV8bSxNVGlaY2hBdHV4d0U/edit?usp=sharing

Atlanta is the eye of Sauron..?! Shocked

Felicity Love
Doomheim
#19 - 2014-01-29 22:12:12 UTC
Batelle wrote:
CCP's Atlanta office is/was the development center for World of Darkness, and afaik its currently a skeleton crew, so to speak.

Eve Devs are forced to actually live in Iceland.

Sooooooooooo... no great loss then. Gotcha.

"EVE is dying." -- The Four Forum Trolls of the Apocalypse.   ( Pick four, any four. They all smell.  )

Billy McCandless
The McCandless Clan
#20 - 2014-01-29 22:16:47 UTC
theirs no such thing as atlanta

its a mith liek shangryla and the amolo

"Thread locked for being deemed a total loss." - ISD Ezwal

123Next pageLast page