These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Highsec PvP-ers needed for foreverwar against Goons

First post First post
Author
Khanh'rhh
Sparkle Motion.
#361 - 2014-01-16 13:39:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Khanh'rhh
Gevlon Goblin wrote:
Goon communication summary

Page1: lolol it will fail like the other project of the publord
Page10: oh it will just kill dumb noobs who don't come to Deklein as they should
Page18: Mangala save us!

Bless you, leaning on your 'out' already.

"And this plan WOULD HAVE TOTES WORKED but Goons had to cry to RvB to save them"

I guess it's a step up from "everyone is a moron".

"Do not touch anything unnecessarily. Beware of pretty girls in dance halls and parks who may be spies, as well as bicycles, revolvers, uniforms, arms, dead horses, and men lying on roads -- they are not there accidentally." -Soviet infantry manual,

Danalee
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#362 - 2014-01-16 13:58:14 UTC
Not everyone is.... Blink

Dave Stark, please point me towards your blog and explain how you force people to read it? Thanks!

D.

Bear

Proud member of the Somalian Coast Guard Authority

Member and Juror of the Court of Crime and Punishment

Gevlon Goblin
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#363 - 2014-01-16 14:00:41 UTC
Khanh'rhh wrote:

"And this plan WOULD HAVE TOTES WORKED but Goons had to cry to RvB to save them"

Wrong: the idea works better now. You really don't think before you talk, right? Why did anyone join the Lemmings? What do we offer to our members. Not money or ships, there is no SRP. Or you think they joined for the joy of shooting POCOs?

No. People join for the chance of shooting war targets without paying war bill themselves. Can you tell any other reason for joining the Lemmings? And your answer to that is giving them more war targets.

My blog: greedygoblin.blogspot.com

Dave Stark
#364 - 2014-01-16 14:02:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Dave Stark
Danalee wrote:
Not everyone is.... Blink

Dave Stark, please point me towards your blog and explain how you force people to read it? Thanks!

D.

Bear

i didn't realise having a blog was mandatory.

being forced to read it or not doesn't stop it being an inferior quality to this thread. however, it's nice to see you come running when you're summoned.
Danalee
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#365 - 2014-01-16 14:09:39 UTC
Dave Stark wrote:

being forced to read it or not doesn't stop it being an inferior quality to this thread. however, it's nice to see you come running when you're summoned.

For someone to be able to critisize the work of others, they should at least tried doing said work themselves and have something to show for, you don't agree?

I'm here for you all day baby, owning your sad little behinds and taking names Cool

D.

Bear

Khanh'rhh
Sparkle Motion.
#366 - 2014-01-16 14:15:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Khanh'rhh
Gevlon Goblin wrote:
Khanh'rhh wrote:

Wrong: the idea works better now. You really don't think before you talk, right? Why did anyone join the Lemmings? What do we offer to our members. Not money or ships, there is no SRP. Or you think they joined for the joy of shooting POCOs?

No. People join for the chance of shooting war targets without paying war bill themselves. Can you tell any other reason for joining the Lemmings? And your answer to that is giving them more war targets.

Right, so we're back to your "grand goal" being paying for other people's wardecs, which from our POV is just someone else paying to maintain the status quo (goons have died in Jita literally every day since 2010 or so).

I can see why the Wall Street Journal writes articles about our CEO and not you.

"Do not touch anything unnecessarily. Beware of pretty girls in dance halls and parks who may be spies, as well as bicycles, revolvers, uniforms, arms, dead horses, and men lying on roads -- they are not there accidentally." -Soviet infantry manual,

Dave Stark
#367 - 2014-01-16 14:28:24 UTC
Danalee wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:

For someone to be able to critisize the work of others, they should at least tried doing said work themselves and have something to show for, you don't agree?

I'm here for you all day baby, owning your sad little behinds and taking names Cool

D.

Bear

it wasn't a criticism it was a comparison.
his blog is less interesting to read than this thread.
so no, i don't agree with your try hard attempts to prove... something?

why are you using plurals? i'm one person.
Danalee
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#368 - 2014-01-16 15:02:27 UTC

Dave Stark, if you would put as much effort in understanding than you would deciphering and frotting at the mouth, you'd get more satisfaction.

If English is your first language, you might want to check a dictionairy.
I'll admit, English is my 4th language so I might be missing some nuances.

You indeed have a right to say whatever you want as do I. Going arround telling other peoples work (time and effort spent working on a community free of charge) sucks is poor sportmanship, especially when you haven't done any work of the same kind and your trackrecord consists of shitting on stuff and nothing more.

Indeed, I categorized your post as comming from a camp (faceless, no-skill nobodies thriving on putting others down for trying to do something) hence, the plural.

Meanwhile, to get back on topic: goons don't care, RVB was in it from the start but they don't care either, Gevlon is totally harmless and we all post because we are happy.

D.

Bear

Xolve
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#369 - 2014-01-16 15:06:57 UTC
Danalee wrote:
Meanwhile, to get back on topic: goons don't care, RVB was in it from the start but they don't care either, Gevlon is totally harmless

Actually structural based income arrangements have been a part of this game for quite some time now, if RvB and Goons want to band together to keep a tax cartel up and running the only thing they both have to gain from it is profit- I somehow doubt throwing some ISK from GoonSwarms warchest or SIG chest to help RvB would be looked upon with any sort of disdain.

For further examples, check out OTEC (probably might take some reading though- most pubbies have no idea what this actually entailed).
Dave Stark
#370 - 2014-01-16 15:12:10 UTC
Danalee wrote:
I'll admit, English is my 4th language so I might be missing some nuances.

great, so you admit you're posting rubbish simply because you don't understand english.

that's fine, but stop it before you embarrass yourself further.

+1 for trying though, credit for that.
Snot Shot
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#371 - 2014-01-16 15:22:21 UTC
I have to say this idea works pretty well for folks that have alts their not using that often, the toon has some pvp skills, and they want to log it in on a side screen to camp a trade hub with others to gank some goonies...Idea

I think it would be pretty hilarious if this thing gets big enough to have 100+ alts sitting on each the major trade hubs 24/7 ganking goonies for free……Lol

Almost everyone I know has a toon on one of their accounts that’s not been logged in for months but could now have a side use sitting in cheap ships on the undock chillin while you’re doing other stuff….Cool

Twitter = @Snot_Shot  - “If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything"

evesnotshot.blogspot.com

Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
S.N.O.T.
#372 - 2014-01-16 16:21:26 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Eterne
Gevlon Goblin wrote:
Khanh'rhh wrote:

Wrong. Your alliance does in fact have free ships and SRP. Here, from General lemming himself to the alliance.

*posting of in-game mails publicly is prohibited* - CCP Eterne

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.

Northern Misfit
Far Mt Logistics
#373 - 2014-01-16 16:29:26 UTC
Del DelVechio wrote:
Due to the clear and present danger this unknown and potentially powerful upstart group presents to the Goon hegemony, we have been called in to prevent fail cascade.....

Del

I thought it was the killing of the mining barge. Lord knows without the veldspar that thing was pulling in, there'd be no trit, no trit means no shuttles for lemmings to kill :( We can't have them getting bored and wandering off a gate accidentally to find something else to shoot now can we?

High Priestess of the Sovereign Realm of Explosions and Light

Danalee
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#374 - 2014-01-16 17:19:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Danalee
I'll try one last time. It really could be a language thing...

Lucas, if I watched a movie and went to a public forum featuring let's say Spielberg where I'd proceed to jump on the stage, take the microphone and shout at Mr. Spielberg that his movie sucks ass because I say so. Let's say eyebrows would be raised, no?
That's all I'm saying on that particular point.

For the rest of it, I'm a big fan of Ironie and many posts in this thread breath ironie. The posters are oblivious to it, which makes it even more entertaining for me.

Some goons/neutrals posted some really insightful or funny stuff, I liked those.
It all adds to the in-game narrative.
But there are guys who take things too far or too serious, those I pester a bit Lol

admittedly, I'm propably not good at it but my peers like it and I enjoy doing it, so I continue. Who knows, maybe practice makes perfect. Claiming you are a third party and thereby can judge my level of simpletonianism is again very droll but not intellectually honnest to say the least and is also more childish namecalling (a crime you wrongfully try to pin on me)

It's been nice and we could like mail or something if you want to continue debating this stuff but I'll try and refrain from going off on a tangent here in this thread starting: NOW.

D.

Bear

Rhivre
TarNec
Invisible Exchequer
#375 - 2014-01-16 17:21:28 UTC
So, now we have established that in order to criticise something, you have to do the same thing yourself, I trust no one who is not a game developer will criticise any aspect of Eve.

We can get back to the important matter, how are the POCOs?

Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
S.N.O.T.
#376 - 2014-01-16 17:38:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Lucas Kell
Danalee wrote:
I'll try one last time. It really could be a language thing...

Lucas, if I watched a movie and went to a public forum featuring let's say Spielberg where I'd proceed to jump on the stage, take the microphone and shout at Mr. Spielberg that his movie sucks ass because I say so. Let's say eyebrows would be raised, no?
That's all I'm saying on that particular point.
And if he'd hacked into Gevlons blog and posted it there, you'd be right. I can go to a movie website right now and start saying "I think High School Musical was a load of shite" and my opinion would be perfectly valid. The idea that in order to publicly present an opinion about a subject you have to engage in that yourself is frankly ludicrous.

Danalee wrote:
For the rest of it, I'm a big fan of Ironie and many posts in this thread breath ironie. The posters are oblivious to it, which makes it even more entertaining for me.

Some goons/neutrals posted some really insightful or funny stuff, I liked those.
It all adds to the in-game narrative.
But there are guys who take things too far or too serious, those I pester a bit Lol

admittedly, I'm propably not good at it but my peers like it and I enjoy doing it, so I continue. Who knows, maybe practice makes perfect. Claiming you are a third party and thereby can judge my level of simpletonianism is again very droll but not intellectually honnest to say the least and is also more childish namecalling (a crime you wrongfully try to pin on me)
I don't mean to be insulting, I hold a legitimate concern that what you are trying to portray and what is coming across are two different things, and feel it's only fair to point it out. I carefully chose my words to be as unoffensive as possible, however if they came across as offensive I apologise.

Danalee wrote:
I'll try and refrain from going off on a tangent here in this thread starting: NOW.
Agreed.

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.

ISD Tyrozan
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#377 - 2014-01-16 18:58:42 UTC
Personal attack post was removed.

ISD Tyrozan

Captain

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

@ISDTyrozan | @ISD_CCL

General Lemming
The Marmite Mercenaries
BLACKFLAG.
#378 - 2014-01-16 21:10:39 UTC  |  Edited by: General Lemming
Khanh'rhh wrote:
I can see why the Wall Street Journal writes articles about our CEO and not you.
So predictable.... You see, we are important.....we are, aren't we ? Pleasee.....mommmmm they say we aren't important Cry

Thank god Goonies don't care about high sec or a 1 week old nub alliance.... Then this post would really be big Big smile
Xolve
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#379 - 2014-01-16 21:50:26 UTC
Gevlon Goblin wrote:
Goon communication summary

Page1: lolol it will fail like the other project of the publord
Page10: oh it will just kill dumb noobs who don't come to Deklein as they should
Page18: Mangala save us!

Gevlon's list of noteworthy contributions to the EVE community:

Shocked
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#380 - 2014-01-17 00:01:02 UTC
Gevlon Goblin wrote:

Yes, they get to shoot war targets without paying the war bill themselves, but if they lose a ship, there's no replacement. There's also no actual coordination due to the lack of voice comms. So that means that your alliance is nothing but another Jita undock camping wardec alliance that overstates its impact on the nullsec alliances it "fights"

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar