These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Taking care of the ISK sink issue with one stroke: won't affect carebears

Author
Alisarina
Zebra Corp
Goonswarm Federation
#21 - 2011-11-24 08:51:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Alisarina
I'm neither for nor against this due to the fact that I don't care either way. However if it was to be an isk sink...a paltry 80 mill to fly a BS in high sec would be laughable. That's not even enough to make a drop in the pond. Make it mean something...times all of the above numbers by 10 (in the post 4 or 5 above this one) and then MAYBE we will see it as an isk sink.Sub 100 mill is laughable...hell sub 1 bill is also lauhable considering the mayhem that could be done with this in a naked jumpclone and a friendly vacated BC or BS that a friend/alt provided for you at the sun at zero.

EDIT: Just pod around a belt, have a friend warp in with a new tier 3 BC and eject, you jump in and alpha a hulk or something...worth it. You can do that already however I believe so not sure, I don't do low sec status things or gankage
Ptraci
3 R Corporation
#22 - 2011-11-24 12:36:10 UTC
Destiny Corrupted wrote:
Ptraci wrote:
[quote=Gogela]So here's the idea: I have a low sec status. It's fine. I like it. Every now and again I want to go to empire for a refreshing Quaffe and pleasure hub run. Instead of using an alt, what if CONCORD would sell me a day-pass on the black market?

The "sandbox" aspect of the game is structured in such a way that you're already able to do this. Nothing prevents you from approaching sovereignty holders and offering money in exchange for freedom of movement.

Have you tried this? I have. The answer (when lucky) is usually NO STFU or better yet, they take your money THEN gank you. Anyway I wasn't being serious - merely mocking OP. I mean if the "red" players are supposed to be so tough - why do they need to visit empire at all? After all they certainly hate us in carebear land - at least that's the impression here on the forums.
Destiny Corrupted
Deadly Viper Kitten Mitten Sewing Company
Senpai's Afterschool Anime and Gaming Club
#23 - 2011-11-24 12:47:30 UTC
I know you weren't being serious. That doesn't stop me from pointing out the flaw in your argument, though. I can easily say that you can't blame the game on your own shortcomings, inability to negotiate, lack of charisma, et cetera, but that's not my concern here.

The main point of this thread is actually a non-issue. Outlaws can use alts to shop and haul. Outlaws also aren't precluded from killing people in high-sec; the methods change but the outcome remains the same.

Still, CONCORD is a hard-coded, absolute game mechanic that automatically punishes a play style that some people disagree with. No other such game mechanic exists that affects other play styles; everything else is controlled by the players. This, in itself, is already a form of unbalance. If you have the possibility (no matter how unlikely in your eyes) to secure safety for yourself outside of high-sec, why shouldn't a criminal have some sort of avenue for police evasion?

I wrote some true EVE stories! And no, they're not of the generic "my 0.0 alliance had lots of 0.0 fleets and took a lot of 0.0 space" sort. Check them out here:

https://truestories.eveonline.com/users/2074-destiny-corrupted

Rellik B00n
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#24 - 2011-11-24 12:58:57 UTC
no.
crime = time.
alts = shop.
/end
[Of a request for change ask: Who Benefits?](https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=199765)
Vyl Vit
#25 - 2011-11-24 14:07:46 UTC
Gogela wrote:
So here's the idea: I have a low sec status...It's fine...I'm not going to fix my sec status. It's right where it should be.

Whoa ho ho! SO hard to hide. Pok was right. They screw up, lose their security status and are FORCED to dwell in lo/null, then claim it was THEIR idea all along...but insist HI should be made LO, but just to help the game along...you can guess the rest.

Truth hurts, don't it?

Paradise is like where you are right now, only much, much better.

Jaketh Ivanes
Rigorous Rivals
#26 - 2011-11-24 14:47:36 UTC
I kind of like the idea, think it should be even more expensive and still restrict access to 0.8 and above (they just can't turn an eye).
On top of that, you may be "immune" to Concord, but not to players. Is your sec status low enough you are still a free target for all Smile.
1-Up Mushroom
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#27 - 2011-11-24 20:23:10 UTC
Gogela wrote:
1-Up Mushroom wrote:
Yea, you'd have to have ship restrictions on this thing. Suicide gankers would go crazy for this, letting em gank all day everyday having no penalty. Have to restrict it to ship that can't fit guns or something P

First let me say: Name - Awesome. Bio - Also Awesome.

I get that often Blink ...Now read the bottom of my bio and EVEmail me your response Big smile
5 Senses In A Person... 4 Seasons In A Year... 3 Colors In A Stoplight... 2 Poles On The Earth... ONLY 1-UP MUSHROOM!!!  If You Like My Sig, Like Me!   Remember EVE is EVErything!
Previous page12