These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Please put option back in....

First post First post
Author
Ibeau Renoir
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#121 - 2011-11-24 01:37:33 UTC
CCP Orion wrote:
regrettably it's too late in the day to safely put it back before release day, but the option to lock window position will be reintroduced asap in a point release.

Phew, that's a relief. Do you know how long that will be?

Also, you might want to mention in the release notes that window locking being gone is a known bug that will be fixed shortly, because a lot of people will be pissed off about it and judge the patch harshly because of it. (Let's not beat about the bush. It IS a bug.)

Ceci n'est pas un sig.

Flies Incandenza
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#122 - 2011-11-24 01:43:06 UTC
Yes, please put it back as soon as possible.
Kossaw
Body Count Inc.
Mercenary Coalition
#123 - 2011-11-24 02:22:13 UTC
CCP Optimal wrote:
and given the fact that very few people even knew of it's existence

That's Bullsh*t

Having windows move around unexpectedly is one of the biggest gripes about the Eve UI. How about you fix it properly !

WTB : An image in my signature

Rawls Canardly
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#124 - 2011-11-24 02:48:25 UTC
100% behind this. Honestly, it took me over a year to realize why "pin" didn't mean "PIN THE DAMN THING ALREADY"... since then I couldn't do without. Just recode pinning, since you've gutted it anyway...
Korvin
Shadow Kingdom
Best Alliance
#125 - 2011-11-24 02:48:32 UTC
Actually... I use it too Cry

Member of CSM 4&5 ... &8

Kenpachi Viktor
Perkone
Caldari State
#126 - 2011-11-24 03:10:16 UTC
CCP Orion wrote:
the option to lock window position will be reintroduced asap in a point release.

Good to hear, I use this all the time

A war that would’ve involved 20,000 players, 75% of nullsec space, and hundreds of supercapitals was halted not by diplomacy, but by a game mechanic so dreadful that those who have experienced it previously have no desire to do so again. - Fix POS & SOV

Cloora
APEX Unlimited
APEX Conglomerate
#127 - 2011-11-24 03:45:09 UTC
Can you fire the idiot that thought it be a good idea to remove it?

Seriously, the incompetance is getting rediculous.

Now we have to wait how long before it gets put back in?

Moving windows is the WORST thing about every patch.

http://www.altaholics.blogspot.com

Diredas
Tomoe Acqusitions
#128 - 2011-11-24 03:53:24 UTC
I loved this feature when I figured it out on my second day of play. I'm very sad about it's removal for crucible, and I eagerly await it's restoration. Now I need to figure out how to keep all my windows from jumping around. ; . ;
mkint
#129 - 2011-11-24 04:04:18 UTC
Klam wrote:
Removing this is madness.

In my recent trips to the test server I thought this was a bug. And had been reported as such by more than a few people.

Where do you possibly get the "no one uses this"

Fix it completely or DO NOT remove it. You guys are already doing the same thing to the Pan to Target feature. Why not leave this stuff in the way it is till you can fix it. The way they are currently working is in use by more people then you think!!!

Ccps mo is to remove features many or most players can't live withou, claiming no one uses them just because it's programmed sloppily. Not the first time this has happen and it's extremely rare that they ever fix it, especially when they promise they will. This is the attitude that loses subs.

Maxim 6. If violence wasn’t your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it.

Serican Grind
The House of Scotch and Beer
#130 - 2011-11-24 04:46:23 UTC
Sorry, this is going to be mean but...................

THIS IS THE WORST IDEA YOU HAVE EVER CONCEIVED OF WHY REMOVE SOMETHING USEFUL?

WHATS NEXT, REMOVE CUSTOM OVERVIEWS BECAUSE YOU HAVE DEFAULT OVERVIEWS?

HOW ABOUT FORCING WINDOWS TO STACK BECAUSE NO ONE WANTS SEPARATE WINDOWS?

Sorry, this post required caps in response to the most idiotic thing I have ever seen you guys do since late '06.

-Grind
Surge Roth
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#131 - 2011-11-24 04:55:31 UTC
If my vote counts any, I too also use the pin down function.
Attono
#132 - 2011-11-24 05:06:07 UTC
CCP Orion wrote:
regrettably it's too late in the day to safely put it back before release day, but the option to lock window position will be reintroduced asap in a point release.

Thank you
LethalGeek
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#133 - 2011-11-24 06:11:32 UTC
Any chance of being told what issues this causes with the rest of the client?
Zagdul
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#134 - 2011-11-24 07:31:09 UTC
Everyone used it, it's just that it never worked as we expected it to.

Just about every screenshot I see has the windows "pinned", weather they have the option checked or not is another issue. When I tried to pin my windows as a newbie, I expected the pin button to... well, pin them.

Pinning when you click that button to where the windows don't move needs fixing. Not the option in your esc-settings.

I'm glad you're finding legacy code to get rid of. When you do eventually get it back into EVE, I hope that you're able to introduce it properly.

Dual Pane idea: Click!

CCP Please Implement

Dima Che
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#135 - 2011-11-24 07:34:27 UTC
Please find they guy who had this brilliant idea of removing pinnning instead of fixing the code, and force him do a daily roaming while posting twits about his location. You know, shooting idiots makes me (and many other people) happier. Would be a nice little compensation for us few people who knew of this feature.
Doc Stryker
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#136 - 2011-11-24 07:47:41 UTC
PLLLLLSSSSSSS.... either keep the button or get pinned windows really pined.

Anything else is worst case scenario.
Tusko Hopkins
Puritans
#137 - 2011-11-24 07:58:39 UTC
Please reimplement this functionality after the Crucible release as soon as possible. The whole pinning icon doesn't make any sense without having the option to actually pin it down... You should also make it default ON when you're already there fiddling with the code. I'm quite sure if you gathered some metrics from the client settings with station sitting alts excluded you would see how many people have the pinning setting on... in fact this is one of the 4 things I immediately change after reinstalling a client.
Mag's
Azn Empire
#138 - 2011-11-24 08:02:55 UTC
CCP Orion wrote:
Thank you, nice to see you listen, understand and act promptly.

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

Frakir Shedimuthgur
oreRus.
#139 - 2011-11-24 08:03:48 UTC
CCP Orion wrote:

Preferably as a client update immediately after the main patch.
To be honest, I get very annoyed after each patch when I have to wrestle with yet another UI f***-up.
I said it before - UI development is not rocket science, so please act accordingly.
Tallian Saotome
Nuclear Arms Exchange Inc.
#140 - 2011-11-24 08:52:16 UTC
Thank you for bringing this back. I was trying to come up with a suitable statement for this, but was spared the effort ;)

Inappropriate signature removed, CCP Phantom.