These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

Ty for proving how vile, the eve community really is.

First post First post First post
Author
Zainawa Barviainen
Doomheim
#1 - 2013-12-29 20:33:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Zainawa Barviainen
Hello

I would like to thank everyone for proving my point about EvE online forums and for winning me 372 million ISK in wagers. I had over ten likes and created as thread naught.

I posted this to prove a point to newer players [In MSOP] about drawing attention to a corporation, about how voicing an idea that you do not like, that is ingrained within players minds, can in effect, cause catastrophic results. This has shown them., that posting an idea on the forums, in any section will be met with.

1. Derision
2. Trolling from the devs themselves [CCP Falcon]
3. Vile abuse
4. Fanbois placing bountys and hiring mercs
5. Rl threats through mail again myself and the insulting mails calling my wife a whore and a ****
6. Multiple alts being used to post multiple times

However since MSOP operates under a multi corp function with over 300 member spread across 5 corporations, each maintaining a high turnover, the war decs as a result from this post, will not affect us. Empire war is laughable, no matter how many come at you.

Thank you to all for proving to the newer members of MSOP how vile the eve community can be when challenged on an issue such as this

Again

My sincere thanks, admirably done, each and everyone of you has been played admirably. Now i want you to read through this forum post before the ego maniacs troll it some more and see what a vile community you have become, how you let your emotions run riot in the way you react to an idea.

Zain
CEO of MSOP

p.s. please feel free to bounty the corp or myself as much as you like, the idea of you wasting your ISK for me to die in dessy/frig fleets most nights, excites me. <3
Pilgrim Baldiz
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2013-12-29 20:37:42 UTC
signed
Xe'Cara'eos
A Big Enough Lever
#3 - 2013-12-29 20:51:17 UTC
if this is true - supported

For posting an idea into F&I: come up with idea, try and think how people could abuse this, try to fix your idea - loop the process until you can't see how it could be abused, then post to the forums to let us figure out how to abuse it..... If your idea can be abused, it [u]WILL[/u] be.

Alvatore DiMarco
Capricious Endeavours Ltd
#4 - 2013-12-29 20:55:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Alvatore DiMarco
Not supported. HTFU. You have the same access as the griefer corps - add their members to your watchlist and use locator agents to track their movements and stay (reasonably) safe.

Don't cry that mommy needs to hold your hand and protect you from the evil boogeyman. There's already a game for that, and it's not EVE.

It's not even Chribba's server.

More than that, it doesn't even need server access in order to do its job.
Kaerakh
Obscure Joke Implied
#5 - 2013-12-29 20:56:54 UTC
Yeah, I don't really see what is wrong.

Zainawa Barviainen wrote:
Since the EvE site

www.eve-who.com went live, griefer war decs have tripled due to a attacking corp able to look up an entire corp members roster and use locator agents to find targets

Great! Highsec is too static and safe anyways.

Yes spys can be used, but people don't even bother with it.

Spies are difficult to plant in smaller groups and the only real upsides are the ability to sabotage operations, steal assets, and provide more immediate, and detailed, intelligence than locator agents. I wouldn't say they're useless or unused. A good spy is never detected until the handler decides to burn the agent.

Look at our war with PIRAT, they know exactly where we all are at anytime.

Unfortunately you forfeit a good deal of credibility and your ability to field an objective argument with this bit.

CCP is making empire war a viable business

That's kind of what the point of 2-3 different expansions. It's good that highsec is becoming more dynamic.

You are destroying high sec for those of us have have lived in null n do not want to go back

Well there's w-space, low-sec, and npc-null. That's quite a bit of space for you to try and find something new to do that doesn't involve sov. And to say that highsec is being destroyed is an exaggeration. You just have to play smarter. A very foreign concept in EVE I know. Roll
Zainawa Barviainen
Doomheim
#6 - 2013-12-29 21:02:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Zainawa Barviainen
See Main Post
Alvatore DiMarco
Capricious Endeavours Ltd
#7 - 2013-12-29 21:06:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Alvatore DiMarco
Spoken like a true griefer

Would it interest you to know that I'm actually not? Amusingly enough, the worst I do is bump Orcas that pick stupid places (like busy undocks) to align. After a minute or two I let them go. Other than that, I'm quite content to let people go about their business without any interest from me. I do not, however, support anything that makes EVE (especially highsec) safer than it already is.

Highsec is quite safe enough already.

And remember: Always use an insta when undocking your fat, expensive spacewhales!
Danika Princip
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#8 - 2013-12-29 21:36:54 UTC
Is it just an API based thing? (I don't actually know what the site is)
Kaerakh
Obscure Joke Implied
#9 - 2013-12-29 21:38:50 UTC
Danika Princip wrote:

Yes, that's all it is. If you shut something like this down then that's basically grounds to shut anything API related down. Slippery slope.
Teckos Pech
Hogyoku
Goonswarm Federation
#10 - 2013-12-29 21:41:10 UTC
www.eve-who.com went live, griefer war decs have tripled due to a attacking corp able to look up an entire corp members roster and use locator agents to find targets

Really? On what do you base this, just curious.

"The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."--Friedrich August von Hayek

8 Golden Rules for EVE Online

Zainawa Barviainen
Doomheim
#11 - 2013-12-29 21:43:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Zainawa Barviainen
See Main Post
Teckos Pech
Hogyoku
Goonswarm Federation
#12 - 2013-12-29 21:48:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Teckos Pech
Danika Princip wrote:

EvE Who is linked to the ccps servers. it is not api related

U can find the full roster of any corp, who they are, how many members and use locator agents to track every member of that corp

Making out of the way alts pointless

This has lead to a surge in empire griefer corps and alliances, all you have to do is watch the war list in game.

it needs to stop. Chribba is human, we have no idea who, or what he is selling hsi personal conenction info to and neither do ccp

its as simple as that

Eve-who has nothing to do with Chribba.

BTW it does not scrap the cache or work off API.

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=83539#post83539

Quote:
Hi guys, thanks for checking out EveWho. I was asked to come here and clarify a couple of things.

1) I am NOT scraping the API.
2) All information I've retrieved is publicly available somewhere.
3) I am NOT scraping the API.

I am well aware of CCP's policies per using the API and I have no intention of abusing them. I built the initial database by getting a character dump from Eve-Kill, scraping some forums, scraping a few hundred other killboards, and from a couple of donations of character name lists.

I am NOT scraping the API.

I built this site by using resources available to everyone. That includes you. I saw another site similar to EveWho a few months ago and thought I could do a better job. I believe I did. If you think you can do a better job, you just might be able to do so :)

Once again let me restate that I am not scraping the API. I might cause an error or two every few minutes but no where near enough to get myself Scotty'ed or even banned. I like getting along with Scotty anyway.

Please continue to enjoy EveWho for good or bad, whichever you prefer.

Fly dangerous,
Squizz

Sounds like EveWho is taking publicly available information and compiling it into one place.

"The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."--Friedrich August von Hayek

Kaerakh
Obscure Joke Implied
#13 - 2013-12-29 21:50:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Kaerakh
Danika Princip wrote:

U can find the full roster of any corp, who they are, how many members and use locator agents to track every member of that corp

After actually reading what it is the OP is right in the fact it's not api related, but really it's just using publicly available information like eve-kill. Same way Wormhol.es works. The OP's statement about it being linked is unfounded and quite amusingly paranoid.
ShahFluffers
Ice Fire Warriors
#14 - 2013-12-29 21:53:22 UTC  |  Edited by: ShahFluffers
CCP is making empire war a viable business

This made me laugh.

I fondly remember it as being viable before any changes were made. Find a POS or a group of ill tempered ratter/miners... declare war... smash some things... scoop the loot...

Hmmm... I may need to get my security status back up to 0.0 again. Twisted

You are destroying high sec for those of us have have lived in null n do not want to go back

You guys need a new line. Really now... I've been hearing this for YEARS and yet there are more potential targets people than ever.
Zainawa Barviainen
Doomheim
#15 - 2013-12-29 21:54:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Zainawa Barviainen
See Main Post
ShahFluffers
Ice Fire Warriors
#16 - 2013-12-29 21:56:42 UTC
How about, "people have manually added characters because they consider them potential targets"?
Teckos Pech
Hogyoku
Goonswarm Federation
#17 - 2013-12-29 22:03:09 UTC
Oh my god! Eve-Kill are bad people:

http://eve-kill.net/?a=pilot_detail&plt_id=1793582

OMG /0\

http://eve-kill.net/?a=corp_detail&crp_id=355235

OMFG make it stop!!!!

http://eve-kill.net/?a=corp_detail&crp_id=355235&view=pilot_losses&m=12&y=2013

Point being, that people who want to can go ahead and get lots of information on your characters that is already out there.

Teckos Pech
Hogyoku
Goonswarm Federation
#18 - 2013-12-29 22:08:33 UTC
Kaerakh wrote:
Danika Princip wrote:

After actually reading what it is the OP is right in the fact it's not api related, but really it's just using publicly available information like eve-kill. Same way Wormhol.es works. The OP's statement about it being linked is unfounded and quite amusingly paranoid.

wrong, it lists both my alts who have never fire a shot at anyone nor been killed by anyone

So explain that.

It's bs and i can assure you, i am not paranoid at all.

Read the relevant links.

For example:

Disclaimer: All numbers based on known characters and may differ from in game values. All characters found by scavenging killboards, forums, eve-search, and finding holes in character id sequence data and filling them.

Ever posted on any Eve related forum that is publicly accessible with those characters, for example?

Little Dragon Khamez
Guardians of the Underworld
#19 - 2013-12-29 22:23:04 UTC
Alvatore DiMarco wrote:
Not supported. HTFU. You have the same access as the griefer corps - add their members to your watchlist and use locator agents to track their movements and stay (reasonably) safe.

Don't cry that mommy needs to hold your hand and protect you from the evil boogeyman. There's already a game for that, and it's not EVE.

It's not even Chribba's server.

More than that, it doesn't even need server access in order to do its job.

Spoken like a true griefer

That's an unfair attack on Alvatore Dimarco, you have just as much access to information as anybody else in eve. You should learn to use the information sources at your disposal to even things out a bit as indicated by others in earlier posts. Good quality information is critical to success in Eve Online. Eve-Kill and sites like Battleclinic will allow you to see how successful your enemy is and what ships, they fly, who they fly with and allow you guess at a likely fit.

The answer to high sec wardecs is easy just fly lots of cheap disposable Griffins and screen your ship movements using them. Ewar scares the hell out of wardeccers as it will render their guns and their neutral RR alts useless. During a wardec we once fielded a couple of scorpions and some blackbirds to support our big guns. Our enemy wouldn't even undock. You can also slip over the border to low sec and adjust your playstyle for a week or so as the Highsec War Deccers or so called griefer corps rarely follow people into low as they too become at risk. It evens the odds and all we all know that in Eve if anyone thinks they are in a fair fight or have even odds they do not engage. Capsuleers like overwhelming force.

Dumbing down of Eve Online will result in it's destruction...

Zan Shiro
Doomheim
#20 - 2013-12-29 22:35:53 UTC
a Chribba is a source of evilness in eve thread....

well I finally got my wish. Something new and original in F&I, thought I'd never see the day.

123Next pageLast page