These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Events and Gatherings Archive

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CCP combat fleet incursions and rules of engagement

First post
Author
Daisai
Daisai Investments.
#161 - 2011-11-23 06:15:21 UTC
Probably because they realised that even though it sounds fun that its not a good idea.
Daenna Chrysi
Omega Foundry Unit
Southern Legion Alliance
#162 - 2011-11-23 06:22:50 UTC
Daisai wrote:
Probably because they realised that even though it sounds fun that its not a good idea.

yeah they should have thought of that before announcing it... looks like just a another PR flop by CCP...

Well this killed my excitement for the crucible Sad
Kilobar
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#163 - 2011-11-23 06:43:07 UTC
CCP Navigator wrote:
Lups wrote:
CCP - Bringing 350+ million sp players to a fight near u

More like 450 million sp Big smile

guys,

I love your feedback here and we want this event to rock your socks off!

Yes, we read the feedback from everyone and we know there are some concerns but lets all have fun later today. The fleet is still en route and we promise you all a lot of fun.

if you cannot make this event then dont fret, we will be around for a few more.

Lots of hugs and kisses

Nav.

Bad ass, I was about to get very cross with my girl friend for making tonight a date night. I look forward to pounding a dev's hull into space poop.
YUMAD BRO
ZZ Cow
#164 - 2011-11-23 06:45:40 UTC
They are lucky I can not be on....

I would Fkn WRECK them!!!!

You are all nubs hahahahahaha
Daenna Chrysi
Omega Foundry Unit
Southern Legion Alliance
#165 - 2011-11-23 06:49:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Daenna Chrysi
Kilobar wrote:

Bad ass, I was about to get very cross with my girl friend for making tonight a date night. I look forward to pounding a dev's hull into space poop.

if I were you I would go on the date, I have a feeling you wont miss much when it comes to this live event, if it ever even takes place.
Xtraneous
Sam's Space Guys
#166 - 2011-11-23 06:51:32 UTC
They probably aren't even in the office yet, give it some time. The new announcement said it would happen within 24hours, it's only been 13hrs.

The problem was players thought the news they were leaving the Polaris system meant they'd be here soon, whereas it was probably CCP's way of saying 'tomorrow after we all get to work and have our morning quafe.'
S8nt
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#167 - 2011-11-23 07:07:02 UTC
This sounds almost like a Morsus Mihi formup.

24+ hours to get a fleet up eh?
Daenna Chrysi
Omega Foundry Unit
Southern Legion Alliance
#168 - 2011-11-23 07:14:08 UTC
When you make an announcement like the first one was, and word it like they did, it is reasonable to expect them to appear in 1-2 hours. Them needing 24h means, they will come when they happen to feel like it, or when the people who they want to give the goodies to are most likely to be around.

just because people have to work for the goodies in their holds, does not mean this is not a way of giving stuff to people like the goons.

Either way, I am an industrialist, I wont benefit from this event in any way to begin with.
Fasse Danoune
Absolute Order II
Absolute Honor
#169 - 2011-11-23 07:14:24 UTC
Yes! finally, they will come

Rodj Blake
PIE Inc.
Khimi Harar
#170 - 2011-11-23 08:14:13 UTC
CCP Delegate Zero wrote:
Rodj Blake wrote:
CCP Navigator wrote:

So what is this all about? Well we want you guys to have fun. Many times we have seen requests from players for more live events which are not centered around the Sansha incursions. We are taking this opportunity to bring a fleet for you to fight, or assist if you so desire. Yeah right!

I think that what at least some of us were asking for was events that actually have some impact on the Eve story rather than a bunch of devs wandering around shooting stuff.

The EVE storyline has not been forgotten and story events work is ongoing. I can assure you of that.

I'm sure you'll also understand that story events require a deeper level of planning and perhaps consider that events of the kind this thread deals with help in developing wider experience with the mechanics of events within CCP.

Thanks for the answer

Dolce et decorum est pro Imperium mori

Wasp 222
Space Construction and Research
#171 - 2011-11-23 08:46:54 UTC
Daenna Chrysi wrote:
Kilobar wrote:

if I were you I would go on the date, I have a feeling you wont miss much when it comes to this live event, if it ever even takes place.

To be honest, I'd much rather be pounding on / after a date, than an dev's hull. Just sayin'
ISVRaDa
Iberians
#172 - 2011-11-23 09:14:37 UTC
Sounds good!

This game needs more live events like this.

o/

[b][i]Immortality is only a word. All that exists can die. Every living thing has a weapon against which it has no defense. Time. Disease. Iron. Guilt.

¿ What can change the nature of a man ?[/i][/b]

Bastrian Balstar
Stratex Industries
#173 - 2011-11-23 09:19:50 UTC
What is interesting is how they would come out of polaris whitout GM power. Lol
MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#174 - 2011-11-23 10:03:42 UTC  |  Edited by: MeBiatch
Bastrian Balstar wrote:
What is interesting is how they would come out of polaris whitout GM power. Lol

perhaps jove space leads to unknown class 7 wormhole space to which with a dimensional portal device that can be uniquely used on the SOCT battleship... the devs will open a rift in space to go from polaris to wormhole space and then invade some random space based on stats and who is online/active...

then do hit and run techniques...

There are no stupid Questions... just stupid people... CCP Goliath wrote:

Ugh ti-di pooping makes me sad.

Mr Bigwinky
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#175 - 2011-11-23 10:32:59 UTC
I hope this ends with the dev team at 247 kills for no losses.

Just sayin'...

Welcome to EVE online, here's your rubix cube, go F*** yourself ♥
Lijhal
Innoruuks Wrath
#176 - 2011-11-23 10:46:19 UTC
do you know that ccp has fitted the jamyl doomsday device (the last cgi scene from the empyrian age trailer) on every ship in their fleet ?

only saying TwistedTwistedTwistedTwisted
CCP Guard
C C P
C C P Alliance
#177 - 2011-11-23 10:52:54 UTC
Looking forward to this.

Who's gonna try to get on my killmail??

CCP Guard | EVE Community Developer | @CCP_Guard

Moonaura
The Dead Rabbit Society
#178 - 2011-11-23 10:54:34 UTC
Kagan Storm wrote:
Today...... EvE dies.

For one simple reason..... I am no longer a character in a game but a RL player.... And CCP just broke the story line with off/meta game.

You have test server for this crap.

Screw this. Its to much RL for me. Gonna go out and get drunk.

Wait, a Role Player went out and got drunk? This should be celebrated, there is a 20% chance he got laid!

But seriously CCP, this is one less Furry at Fanfest. Shame on you!

"The game is mostly played by men - 97%. But 40% of them play as women... so thats fine."  - CCP t0rfifrans 

Moonaura
The Dead Rabbit Society
#179 - 2011-11-23 10:55:33 UTC
CCP Guard wrote:
Looking forward to this.

Your frozen dead body will be worth mucho isk'us CCP Guard. Rest assured :)

"The game is mostly played by men - 97%. But 40% of them play as women... so thats fine."  - CCP t0rfifrans 

Mr Bigwinky
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#180 - 2011-11-23 11:01:07 UTC
CCP Guard wrote:
Looking forward to this.

*lossmail ;)
Welcome to EVE online, here's your rubix cube, go F*** yourself ♥