These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Events and Gatherings Archive

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CCP combat fleet incursions and rules of engagement

First post
Author
CCP Navigator
C C P
C C P Alliance
#81 - 2011-11-22 22:24:17 UTC
Sentient Blade wrote:
This idea was fun... until the information stopped flowing, the adrenalin stopped, and people were left wondering if, when and where they'd get a fight.

The clock is ticking, Sentient, and the fleet is en route. I am truly sorry if you expected results immediately after the announcement but part of the event is in the build up.

Have no fear, the fleet will arrive as promised Big smile
CCP Navigator
C C P
C C P Alliance
#82 - 2011-11-22 22:26:57 UTC
StukaBee wrote:
CCP guys, will you be frapsing your fleet and voice comms?

I believe some people will be using fraps but I am not 100% certain about those details Smile
Eats Children
Coalition of Freelancers
#83 - 2011-11-22 22:27:26 UTC
lol, awesome ccp navigator....

Tho, anyway we could get some sort of hint of whats going to happen? Or when?
Rodj Blake
PIE Inc.
Khimi Harar
#84 - 2011-11-22 22:29:53 UTC
CCP Navigator wrote:

So what is this all about? Well we want you guys to have fun. Many times we have seen requests from players for more live events which are not centered around the Sansha incursions. We are taking this opportunity to bring a fleet for you to fight, or assist if you so desire. Yeah right!

I think that what at least some of us were asking for was events that actually have some impact on the Eve story rather than a bunch of devs wandering around shooting stuff.

Dolce et decorum est pro Imperium mori

Daenna Chrysi
Omega Foundry Unit
Southern Legion Alliance
#85 - 2011-11-22 22:34:06 UTC
CCP Navigator wrote:

Our Operations team have reinforced several different nodes for us so that we can decide where is the best venue to bring it. We are not going anywhere to drop loot to what anyone else percieves as our 'freinds'. We have no friends for this event and our guns will prove that.

Now you can quote me on that, I promise Cool

ill wait for time to prove it if you dont mind, in the mean while I need to get back to work.

With 500mil isk for a plex I have to come up with a bil a month just to be able to keep playing. Also the new fuel system threatens to crush the income I have used so far to finance game time, so it will be even harder to come up with the bil...
Lovelocke
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#86 - 2011-11-22 22:40:15 UTC
Great stuff! What a great way to add new and dynamic content to the game whilst at the same time engaging with the player base. CCP are doing a lot of things right just recently, long let it continue!
Al-Kutbay
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#87 - 2011-11-22 22:42:31 UTC
Daenna Chrysi wrote:
ill wait for time to prove it if you dont mind, in the mean while I need to get back to work.

With 500mil isk for a plex I have to come up with a bil a month just to be able to keep playing. Also the new fuel system threatens to crush the income I have used so far to finance game time, so it will be even harder to come up with the bil...

Buy your subscription with real world "ISK"...I know it is a strange concept, but if you earn less in real life working the same hours as you need for a PLEX then it sucks to be you.

Complaining that "you need to do mine/rat to keep playing, to keep mining/ratting to keep playing a nauseum" sound like a ******** idea tbh, but hey I might be ******** for not understanding your mindset. Roll
Moonaura
The Dead Rabbit Society
#88 - 2011-11-22 22:42:34 UTC
Billion ISK say's it turns out to be a mining fleet of Hulks and Orcas.

CCP have struck a deal to sell Veldspar to Chribba, I just noes it!

"The game is mostly played by men - 97%. But 40% of them play as women... so thats fine."  - CCP t0rfifrans 

Mareck001
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#89 - 2011-11-22 22:53:15 UTC
Twisted Come to Providence...
We guarantee, TEST will make it worth your time and give you a battle that will be worth it. Oh yeah, you can also save Chribba's home, since the masses have ran and cowered.
Gogela
Epic Ganking Time
CODE.
#90 - 2011-11-22 22:55:08 UTC
Mareck001 wrote:
We guarantee, TEST will make it worth your time and give you a battle that will be worth it. Oh yeah, you can also save Chribba's home, since the masses have ran and cowered.

This ^

/do not endorse TEST but I am there so lets do this...

Signatures should be used responsibly...

Daenna Chrysi
Omega Foundry Unit
Southern Legion Alliance
#91 - 2011-11-22 22:59:33 UTC
Al-Kutbay wrote:

Buy your subscription with real world "ISK"...I know it is a strange concept, but if you earn less in real life working the same hours as you need for a PLEX then it sucks to be you.

Complaining that "you need to do mine/rat to keep playing, to keep mining/ratting to keep playing a nauseum" sound like a ******** idea tbh, but hey I might be ******** for not understanding your mindset. Roll

I actually do enjoy doing what I do in game, to me it is a fringe benefit that it is enough to finance my game time.
Jita Squatter
End of Time Observatory
#92 - 2011-11-22 23:00:41 UTC
Mareck001 wrote:

make it a battle royal between ccp, test, PL, CVA, WN, NC(dot)!!!!!!!!!!!
CCP Delegate Zero
C C P
C C P Alliance
#93 - 2011-11-22 23:14:42 UTC
Rodj Blake wrote:
CCP Navigator wrote:

So what is this all about? Well we want you guys to have fun. Many times we have seen requests from players for more live events which are not centered around the Sansha incursions. We are taking this opportunity to bring a fleet for you to fight, or assist if you so desire. Yeah right!

I think that what at least some of us were asking for was events that actually have some impact on the Eve story rather than a bunch of devs wandering around shooting stuff.

The EVE storyline has not been forgotten and story events work is ongoing. I can assure you of that.

I'm sure you'll also understand that story events require a deeper level of planning and perhaps consider that events of the kind this thread deals with help in developing wider experience with the mechanics of events within CCP.

CCP Delegate Zero | Content Designer - Writer | @CCPDelegateZero

Bloodpetal
Tir Capital Management Group
#94 - 2011-11-22 23:15:06 UTC
CCP Navigator wrote:
Sentient Blade wrote:
This idea was fun... until the information stopped flowing, the adrenalin stopped, and people were left wondering if, when and where they'd get a fight.

The clock is ticking, Sentient, and the fleet is en route. I am truly sorry if you expected results immediately after the announcement but part of the event is in the build up.

Have no fear, the fleet will arrive as promised Big smile

What you're not telling us is that it's a fleet of Hulks to attack the Asteroid Belts of High Sec in true Carebear love.

Pirate

Where I am.

Vandiilo
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#95 - 2011-11-22 23:16:13 UTC
CCP Navigator wrote:
StukaBee wrote:

I believe some people will be using fraps but I am not 100% certain about those details Smile

We really need a video and a battle report for people that don't have access to fleets and comms and ops and just plain 'ol can't participate in something like this. Video and battle report please. Lol
CCP Navigator
C C P
C C P Alliance
#96 - 2011-11-22 23:17:02 UTC
Vandiilo wrote:
CCP Navigator wrote:
StukaBee wrote:

We really need a video and a battle report for people that don't have access to fleets and comms and ops and just plain 'ol can't participate in something like this. Video and battle report please. Lol

Ok, let's see what we can do Smile
Mirima Thurander
#97 - 2011-11-22 23:18:12 UTC
i see it playing out like this

CCP devs jump in to system

randoms see it and say something in the intel channel

goons bridge in and bubble up /camp all the gates to pop all the randoms coming in for a few hours

goons shoot ccp ships get shinys

event over

All automated intel should be removed from the game including Instant local/jumps/kills/cynos for all systems/regions.Eve should report nothing like this to the client/3rd party software.Intel should not be force fed to players. Player skill and iniative should be the sources of intel.

AveryFaneActual
PandoraSquad
#98 - 2011-11-22 23:21:17 UTC
HOW DO ASTRONAUGHT?
Daenna Chrysi
Omega Foundry Unit
Southern Legion Alliance
#99 - 2011-11-22 23:21:43 UTC
Mirima Thurander wrote:

goons bridge in and bubble up /camp all the gates to pop all the randoms coming in for a few hours

event over

yup just what I am expecting as well
Gogela
Epic Ganking Time
CODE.
#100 - 2011-11-22 23:24:29 UTC
Daenna Chrysi wrote:
Mirima Thurander wrote:

event over

yup just what I am expecting as well

I don't think so...

Signatures should be used responsibly...