These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Live Events Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Probably the WORST event I've wasted my time on in my 10 years of EVE ...

First post First post
Author
Enaya Radur
Sabotage Incorporated
#1081 - 2013-11-12 18:00:51 UTC
CCP Goliath wrote:
epicurus ataraxia wrote:
Maximus Aerelius wrote:
epicurus ataraxia wrote:
Maximus Aerelius wrote:
I'm at work right now but just a quick update for those not following me or CCP on Twitter:

-snipped for clarity-

I am really sorry, I try to understand the details on a a twitter stream but not too clear to me, Is CCP goliath promising a response today?

Basically this from CCP Goliath: "It's under review just now, so whenever that gets cleared I guess."

Thank you.
No point pre judging it in any way, or discussing what it might say.
Excellent news.
The silence was the biggest issue of all and now that is being solved well done.

Yeah sorry for the delay - we wrote it on Monday, put it in for approval today, so will be tweaking it tonight once we get notes on it and then fingers crossed release tomorrow.

Evei Shard
Shard Industries
#1082 - 2013-11-12 18:06:19 UTC
epicurus ataraxia wrote:

Thanks CCP Goliath, look forward to it, Thank you especially for letting us know.

I'm going to repeat that but add the word "here" to the end of it.

Nice to see commentary on the official forums, not just external sources.

Profit favors the prepared

Enaya Radur
Sabotage Incorporated
#1083 - 2013-11-12 18:07:26 UTC
I am not happy with frequency of updates and this "official reply" process duration.

I'm strugling to understand the process that takes whole day for every step. So what, if one more iteration is needed we will wait one or two extra days?

My first reaction was "they don't care" but upon consideration now I stand at "they care and they want to do this properly".

Diversity of playstyles is what makes EVE great, so wherever you are one thing should be important to all players - that CCP respect their playerbase and make balanced decisions on game future.

Hope I'm right and can't wait to see the response.
Killerjock
Von Neumann Industries
#1084 - 2013-11-12 18:12:51 UTC
Come on now, we've got what we wanted. They've been so kind as to acknowledge our existence.

Now let's let them work and see what they come up with before restarting ;)

Enaya Radur wrote:
I am not happy with frequency of updates and this "official reply" process duration.

I'm strugling to understand the process that takes whole day for every step. So what, if one more iteration is needed we will wait one or two extra days?

My first reaction was "they don't care" but upon consideration now I stand at "they care and they want to do this properly".

Diversity of playstyles is what makes EVE great, so wherever you are one thing should be important to all players - that CCP respect their playerbase and make balanced decisions on game future.

Octoven
Stellar Production
#1085 - 2013-11-12 19:22:02 UTC
It is good to hear we will have some news tomorrow. I think people were too angry to have a bit of patience over such a delicate issue. Ive noticed some going off topic and even ISD removing some comments. I would hope any one else who post will be a bit more civilized. It is a game after all folks :D
Maximus Aerelius
PROPHET OF ENIGMA
#1086 - 2013-11-12 20:20:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Maximus Aerelius
Killerjock wrote:
Come on now, we've got what we wanted. They've been so kind as to acknowledge our existence.

Now let's let them work and see what they come up with before restarting ;)

Enaya Radur wrote:

I believe, Killerjock, that this was a positive post that you may have misread. Initial reactions are always emotionally based and I believe that Enaya is now saying that they seem to want to make this right by having it fully reviewed before publishing.

While I agree and hope that is as exhaustive as it can be with all the concerns in this thread I know that they will have to follow their processes and procedures which is fine by me.

@CCP Goliath:

I'd like to say thank you for updating this thread, saves me posting from Twitter, and if there is a delay just an update per day would be nice to see just to say "We know you are waiting, we are trying to address your concerns or whatever we are waiting on or you are working on and you are important to us but its important that we get this right". I for one honestly appreciate the update though.
CERA Elitist
The Prometheus Society
#1087 - 2013-11-12 20:20:43 UTC
it's nice to see a sudden increase in moderator activity shortly after CCP Goliath's second response.

Maximus Aerelius
PROPHET OF ENIGMA
#1088 - 2013-11-12 20:25:57 UTC
Octoven wrote:
It is good to hear we will have some news tomorrow. I think people were too angry to have a bit of patience over such a delicate issue. Ive noticed some going off topic and even ISD removing some comments. I would hope any one else who post will be a bit more civilized. It is a game after all folks :D

While I fully support ISD in their role (not one I envy) this "it's just a game" mantra doesn't hold true when there are IRL issues, concerns or complaints I'm afraid. I do hope that the constructive posts continue as it's turned this thread into something that can be used to improve, learn, adapt and move forward with which has only been possible since some people exited and stopped trolling and those with genuine complaints (myself included) kept trying to get the message across and it seems we finally have a thread that is going forward in a positive manner.

My thanks to ISD for clearing up whatever you did.
Octoven
Stellar Production
#1089 - 2013-11-12 20:32:49 UTC
Maximus Aerelius wrote:
Octoven wrote:

While I fully support ISD in their role (not one I envy) this "it's just a game" mantra doesn't hold true when there are IRL issues, concerns or complaints I'm afraid. I do hope that the constructive posts continue as it's turned this thread into something that can be used to improve, learn, adapt and move forward with which has only been possible since some people exited and stopped trolling and those with genuine complaints (myself included) kept trying to get the message across and it seems we finally have a thread that is going forward in a positive manner.

That may be true, but there is a major difference between feedback and just down right slinging **** at people and I think this thread has seen plenty of that.
epicurus ataraxia
Illusion of Solitude.
Illusion of Solitude
#1090 - 2013-11-12 20:42:30 UTC  |  Edited by: epicurus ataraxia
Maximus Aerelius wrote:
Octoven wrote:

Absolutely, now we have crisis management back on track. Great news.

Of course CCP deserve the time to investigate, discuss, and resolve the issues.
We welcome the fact that they heard there was something to look at.

It is on us now to stand behind them to help them resolve any issues where it in our power to do so.
If they ask us for help to offer suggestion, we will help.

It is in ALL our interests for this game to succeed,

Let All groups work towards this and not take advantage to push our region or blocks agendas.

For some this is spreadsheets in space, for some battle, for some building something in a new environment,or the thrill of exploration and for others role play

That is why we still have EVE where others have fallen.

Lets support the fact that it is a game we all can play, in our own style, with respect for the others choices. And honour that original concept.

It is not a game where one side has to lose for another to win.

All can win.

There is one EvE. Many people. Many lifestyles. WE are EvE

Killerjock
Von Neumann Industries
#1091 - 2013-11-12 21:10:27 UTC
Maximus Aerelius wrote:
I believe, Killerjock, that this was a positive post that you may have misread.

I think you're right - apologies.

Quote:
While I agree and hope that is as exhaustive as it can be with all the concerns in this thread I know that they will have to follow there processes and procedures which is fine by me.

Won't argue with processes :P I'm a Service manager, they're my job...
Yet really this has mounted far beyond what was necessary, due to a long time without action or notice. As this seems to me as an established trend in how CCP handles crises, I dare say there's probably a lesson to be learned here.
epicurus ataraxia
Illusion of Solitude.
Illusion of Solitude
#1092 - 2013-11-12 21:33:57 UTC  |  Edited by: epicurus ataraxia
Killerjock wrote:
Maximus Aerelius wrote:
I believe, Killerjock, that this was a positive post that you may have misread.

I think you're right - apologies.

Quote:
While I agree and hope that is as exhaustive as it can be with all the concerns in this thread I know that they will have to follow there processes and procedures which is fine by me.

Won't argue with processes :P I'm a Service manager, they're my job...
Yet really this has mounted far beyond what was necessary, due to a long time without action or notice. As this seems to me as an established trend in how CCP handles crises, I dare say there's probably a lesson to be learned here.

This is one that is very easily dealt with, crisis management is a skill that there is plenty of training available for, possibly even online.
It is not complicated and the basics can be taught very quickly
The main point is it can be counterintuitive sometimes.
For example. A companies legal department may give advice that from a legal viewpoint is sound, but suicidal from a customer relations point of view.
But in my experience if an experienced crisis manager presents his plan, I have never seen a legal department disagree.

It is really worth taking the time to train a couple of managers, it will be of great value as in this world there is always a need sometime. Every customer facing business should.

Maximus Aerelius
PROPHET OF ENIGMA
#1093 - 2013-11-12 21:57:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Maximus Aerelius
epicurus ataraxia wrote:

It is on us now to stand behind them to help them resolve any issues where it in our power to do so.

Let All groups work towards this and not take advantage to push our region or blocks agendas.

For some this is spreadsheets in space, for some battle, for some building something in a new environment,or the thrill of exploration and for others role play

Lets support the fact that it is a game we all can play, in our own style, with respect for the others choices. And honour that original concept.

All can win.

This has always been why I have stayed a paying customer to EVE for so long and has to be one of thee best posts from epicurus ataraxia.

As posted on Twitter from CCP Explorer

erlendur via Twitter wrote:

ā€¸Communication is the key ingredient in any relationship, be it personal, business or gaming

and as long as CCP as a company hold true to communicating with their client base and allow transparency during times like these then I'm sure that we can all build a better New Eden from it be it for Null Sec\Hi-Sec\Low-Sec\WH or Jove (ah who am I kidding, Jovians are screwed!) and as I recently heard on a song from Fanfest 2012 AlienHand - We are EVE (FF12 Version) that I believe holds true:

"We are all part of something greater than we can ever imagine,
We are the past, present and the future.
We are all brothers and sisters of EvE.
Regardless of race and beliefs.

We are family

This is our moment, our time to shine,
We are all part of something greater than we can ever imagine.
We are family,
Brothers and sister of EvE.
This is our world, our universe.

We are EvE."
epicurus ataraxia
Illusion of Solitude.
Illusion of Solitude
#1094 - 2013-11-12 22:29:30 UTC  |  Edited by: epicurus ataraxia
Maximus Aerelius wrote:
epicurus ataraxia wrote:

All can win.

This has always been why I have stayed a paying customer to EVE for so long and has to be one of thee best posts from epicurus ataraxia.

As posted on Twitter from CCP Explorer

erlendur via Twitter wrote:

ā€¸Communication is the key ingredient in any relationship, be it personal, business or gaming

and as long as CCP as a company hold true to communicating with their client base and allow transparency during times like these then I'm sure that we can all build a better New Eden from it be it for Null Sec\Hi-Sec\Low-Sec\WH or Jove (ah who am I kidding, Jovians are screwed!) and as I recently heard on a song from Fanfest 2012 AlienHand - We are EVE (FF12 Version) that I believe holds true:

"We are all part of something greater than we can ever imagine,
We are the past, present and the future.
We are all brothers and sisters of EvE.
Regardless of race and beliefs.

We are family

This is our moment, our time to shine,
We are all part of something greater than we can ever imagine.
We are family,
Brothers and sister of EvE.
This is our world, our universe.

We are EvE."

Thank you for your kind thoughts, but much much more than that thank you for your truly excellent post.

The video produced by CCP encapsulates everything that I could hope for, no company that believes this in the roots of it's culture could fail to lead us forward. Stay true to the vision.

This is what EvE is.
This is what all of us need to be reminded of.
This is what we all need to work for, a place for us all.
And we are all part of the plan.

This is eve into the future.

Thank you so much for sharing it..

Forward !

Minmatar Assassin
Utopian Research I.E.L.
#1095 - 2013-11-13 00:40:06 UTC
As me being Angel Cartel loyalist for 6 years, am glad we can get a rare RP action around first Jovie region.

I heard about tidi and half of people dieng on the way to event.

Anyway i would like to give some ideas about how i would organise event like that.

To enter RMOC system would be posibble only being in one of 2 fleets, one fleet for pirates, another fleet for empire guys.
Pirate fleet must defend Angel base, empire fleet kill it. Keep simple as possible. If bad balance, GMs can create a 100 machariel npc spawn into grid. Or 'Surprise Surprise' Republic fleet hot drop. Here so many variations to control event, just need to keep funk on. Cool

Thanks for reading, MA.

Anize Oramara
WarpTooZero
#1096 - 2013-11-13 01:03:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Anize Oramara
Minmatar Assassin wrote:
As me being Angel Cartel loyalist for 6 years, am glad we can get a rare RP action around first Jovie region.

I heard about tidi and half of people dieng on the way to event.

Anyway i would like to give some ideas about how i would organise event like that.

To enter RMOC system would be posibble only being in one of 2 fleets, one fleet for pirates, another fleet for empire guys.
Pirate fleet must defend Angel base, empire fleet kill it. Keep simple as possible. If bad balance, GMs can create a 100 machariel npc spawn into grid. Or 'Surprise Surprise' Republic fleet hot drop. Here so many variations to control event, just need to keep funk on. Cool

Thanks for reading, MA.

Indeed so many tools, Titan bridging, gagging comms, spawning reinforcements etc etc etc and yet, nothing was used.

CCP basically took a giant dump on the poor nullsec noobs while enjoying their office party.

But hay you gotta have your priorities straight haha Lol

I am eagerly awaiting this dev post. dis gon b gud

A guide (Google Doc) to Hi-Sec blitzing and breaking the 200mill ISK/H barrier v1.2.3

Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#1097 - 2013-11-13 01:44:37 UTC
Waiting to see if the Dev Blog actually says what they will do in the future, or a standard CCP apology 'We are reviewing' with no further comment on it. We are still waiting for a community rewards policy to be published like promised after all. A live Events policy will likely be even further down the line the way they are going, when it should take no more than a day or two to knock out a basic policy.
Celia Therone
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#1098 - 2013-11-13 05:43:37 UTC
Enaya Radur wrote:

To be fair to CCP they used to post much more quickly (when they posted, which wasn't always) but often not necessarily the most well considered posts (e.g. Summer of RAGE and pouring nitroglycerin on the inferno). Now they mostly have a process which includes bouncing dev blogs off the CSM and generally vetting them for content more closely before throwing them to the piranhas. I mean players. All of this takes time.

Whether or not that process works here is why they invented popcorn. Lol
Maximus Aerelius
PROPHET OF ENIGMA
#1099 - 2013-11-13 08:05:28 UTC
Celia Therone wrote:
Enaya Radur wrote:

To be fair to CCP they used to post much more quickly (when they posted, which wasn't always) but often not necessarily the most well considered posts (e.g. Summer of RAGE and pouring nitroglycerin on the inferno). Now they mostly have a process which includes bouncing dev blogs off the CSM and generally vetting them for content more closely before throwing them to the piranhas. I mean players. All of this takes time.

Whether or not that process works here is why they invented popcorn. Lol

I have to agree with Celia on this. I would rather CCP posted a Dev Blog after an in-depth discussion with our elected body and their own management and got it right than quickly threw up something but something that does need to be improved, and so far looks to have been, is the frequency of the "We are not ignoring this" posts and in EVE Online Forums as the main source and not external social media networks.

I'm happy as long as we, the customer, are updated at the very least once a day with progress etc. Better to get it right and in-line with processes, procedures, legal requirements and the CSM than just pour fuel on a fire that has been burning for 55 pages and 6 days.

EDIT:

Grabs popcorn.
Desert Ice78
Gryphons of the Western Wind
#1100 - 2013-11-13 10:44:36 UTC
Sebastien LeReparteur wrote:
Lychton Kondur wrote:
cochar Andedare wrote:
Fleet left staging system when destination was announced. TDI all the way, event was over when we arrived.
Total waste of my time. Words fail me. First event. Last event.

Words don't fail you. You've failed yourself.

Harden the **** up.

We are Grrrrr, we Are bigg!!!!

We kill bunch of carebears look!

Oh wait... You haven't done anything new... again... CCP did it for you... So... 0/10

I mean how hard can it be to click f1 when there is no real challenge...

In your home turf...

I luagh at your leet skillz

Resume the thread -- > Super 0.0 power block fed free killz by CCP, Block laugh at people trying to enjoy a game. Newb and carebears feel violated by a game that really doesn't give a **** about them...

Classic.

I don't have the time to cross-reference the relevant threads, and without pointing the finger at anyone in particular, how many of you hi-sec scrubs crying are the same hi-sec scrubs that laugh at ganking mining barges and ratters etc.?

Welcome to the fight.

I am a pod pilot: http://dl.eve-files.com/media/corp/DesertIce/POD.jpg

CCP Zulu: Came expecting a discussion about computer monitors, left confused.