These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Live Events Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Probably the WORST event I've wasted my time on in my 10 years of EVE ...

First post First post
Author
Hugh Focker
Doomheim
#881 - 2013-11-10 13:17:38 UTC
Quote:
I don't think they were expecting a field day trip. They were expecting to participate in something where to have a good time. You know, something worth participating in.

Die in a fire? Sure, as long as one gets the perception he fired one shot, the perception he was not a "farmable".

How i feel about this.

I got to experience two jumps of tiDi @ 10% and then left and I'm glad i didn't stay around.

Before I deleted my 3 month old char (https://zkillboard.com/character/93846671/), I went on a trip.

I have unsubbed over this, but unfortunately I still have 250 odd days of playtime left (bought a year to save money, now wish i hadn't').

I have tried low sec with Brave Newbies and I never felt able to defend myself if i wasn't in a blob. I was also constantly nervous and scared when out travelling on my own. In Brave Newbies i felt farmable so i left.
Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
#882 - 2013-11-10 13:20:17 UTC
Arn Dog wrote:
Have we actually heard anything back from them on this yet other than "thanks for feedback"? Their Twitter has also been awfully quiet since the event. They cant all still be hungover from their event party can they!??? lol

It's weekend and they only work mon-fri unless there's an emergency.

And no, this mess isn't an emergency.

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an Alpha / And so it's you

Arn Dog
#883 - 2013-11-10 13:23:18 UTC
Hugh Focker wrote:
Quote:
I don't think they were expecting a field day trip. They were expecting to participate in something where to have a good time. You know, something worth participating in.

Die in a fire? Sure, as long as one gets the perception he fired one shot, the perception he was not a "farmable".

How i feel about this.

I got to experience two jumps of tiDi @ 10% and then left and I'm glad i didn't stay around.

Before I deleted my 3 month old char (https://zkillboard.com/character/93846671/), I went on a trip.

I have unsubbed over this, but unfortunately I still have 250 odd days of playtime left (bought a year to save money, now wish i hadn't').

I have tried low sec with Brave Newbies and I never felt able to defend myself if i wasn't in a blob. I was also constantly nervous and scared when out travelling on my own. In Brave Newbies i felt farmable so i left.

No disrespect as your a newer player. But i have been saying this in the general forums since the event went wrong. It is not the older chars we need worry about but those newer to the game. Most newer players don't have the capitol to be able to take a BB hit and pod and play any longer. That coupled with the way the event was handled causes major problems.

I am an experienced Eve player. However i keep hearing people go on about "how all H.S should knave know all the Null politics" Well sorry but most newer chars in your boat wouldn't have a clue of even where to look about the null politics let alone understand who is who. This is a major part of why so many followed aimlessly into Doril.
Josef Djugashvilis
#884 - 2013-11-10 13:24:25 UTC
Arn Dog wrote:
Have we actually heard anything back from them on this yet other than "thanks for feedback"? Their Twitter has also been awfully quiet since the event. They cant all still be hungover from their event party can they!??? lol

Do not mention Twitter in front of Octoven Shocked

This is not a signature.

Arn Dog
#885 - 2013-11-10 13:25:51 UTC
Josef Djugashvilis wrote:
Arn Dog wrote:

LMAO
Maximus Aerelius
PROPHET OF ENIGMA
#886 - 2013-11-10 13:26:40 UTC
Ishtanchuk Fazmarai wrote:
It's weekend and they only work mon-fri unless there's an emergency.

And no, this mess isn't an emergency.

So "screwing over" 3000 paying customers and a vOv isn't an emergency while the below was classed as top priority.

Maximus Aerelius wrote:
So to summarise on my previous point of the incident relating to Z9PP and drawing comparisons to this incident:

Incident regarding Z9PP:

@2013.07.04 22:45 Rage thread opened
@2013.07.04 23:06 initial apology
less than 1.5 hours after this event a Tweet apology
@2013.07.04 23:31 40 minutes after his initial apology and CCP Phantom again apologises
@2013.07.04 23:44 Another from CCP Phantom
@Posted: 2013.07.05 00:40 CCP Falcon closes the thread and redirects to official apology thread.

So in comparison we have heard nothing apart from a "Yeah, we might look into this, thanks for your feedback" from CCP but when they do the same thing to Null Sec you get the above timeline? That thread was 32 pages long before it was locked and the official apology and explanation posted in less than 2 hours from it being opened.

How they managed the fallout from Z9PP was so much better than this and I cannot describe how badly this "LIVE Event" and aftermath has been handled. This is now over 54 hours and on-going and what have we heard?

Justify that if you can cos I'd love to see you try.
Octoven
Stellar Production
#887 - 2013-11-10 13:28:17 UTC
Josef Djugashvilis wrote:
Arn Dog wrote:

No its ok, I am on facebook rampage today Big smile
Dinsdale Pirannha
Pirannha Corp
#888 - 2013-11-10 15:18:11 UTC
Deunan Tenephais wrote:
Are really some people not seeing a problem in CCP, the company managing the game, not being seen as trustworthy by customers ?

Looks like all my comments about CCP being run by people closely aligned with the null sec cartels for the benefit of the cartels looks a less "tinfoil" these days, huh?
Tilly Delnero
Doomheim
#889 - 2013-11-10 15:26:37 UTC
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:
Looks like all my comments about CCP being run by people closely aligned with the null sec cartels for the benefit of the cartels looks a less "tinfoil" these days, huh?

I tend to be of the opinion that if the tinfoil rumours were true, they'd put a lot more effort into trying to hide it. Then again, I might just be a blind optimist or expecting them to be more competent than they are at this sort of thing. Lol
Trii Seo
Goonswarm Federation
#890 - 2013-11-10 15:46:24 UTC
For reference, from the standpoint of nullsec "cartels"

- We got info about the remote possibility of being involved mere hours prior to the event.
- We didn't get info about the actual combat area from the get go either.
- Our own fleet formed up 20 minutes before the start of the event.

Proud pilot of the Imperium

Arek'Jaalan: Heliograph

Shock Fist
Blank-Space
Northern Coalition.
#891 - 2013-11-10 15:52:04 UTC
Not only did we form up 20 minutes before the event started, but we also had no clue what to expect beyond "The unwashed hordes of capsuleers with some NPC people" flying kitchen sink.
Dinsdale Pirannha
Pirannha Corp
#892 - 2013-11-10 16:38:43 UTC
Trii Seo wrote:
For reference, from the standpoint of nullsec "cartels"

- We got info about the remote possibility of being involved mere hours prior to the event.
- We didn't get info about the actual combat area from the get go either.
- Our own fleet formed up 20 minutes before the start of the event.

LOL.....let's see.
I read the Forces of Evil post by CCP hours before the whole thing started, and put together a suicide Vexor.
People gathering Sarum Prime said "no way they will run this thing down to Utopia, or FD-, we are too far away".
Then the call to send the people in Sarum Prime to Ihal. I took one look at the map, and stood down.

Then after several hours of TiDi'ed travel, the high sec group got to Doril, one jump from where the dev's instructed you in their Forces of Evil post to assemble.

Of course, the fact that a great big chunk of null sec was already deployed there with heavy combat ships for a war was a mere co-incidence, and CCP really did not clue in that null sec had virtually zero logistics to do to prepare for this attack.
Deunan Tenephais
#893 - 2013-11-10 16:47:46 UTC
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:
Deunan Tenephais wrote:
Are really some people not seeing a problem in CCP, the company managing the game, not being seen as trustworthy by customers ?

I would not go as far as imply CCP sent players to slaugther to entertain other players, all are customers and CCP need money to not go bust, like any company.
When I wrote "not being seen as trustworthy" I meant it as "unreliable", like in "not being worthy of the trust in their capacity to act reliably".
Dinsdale Pirannha
Pirannha Corp
#894 - 2013-11-10 16:49:33 UTC
Oh, and BTW folks, for those wondering why CCP is taking so long to respond to this debacle, you must cut them some slack.
You know it is the weekend, and they have much more important things to do.

You know, like how SEVEN CCP dev's are guest-spotting on a panel hosting a null sec PvP tourney that caters to about 150 null sec pilots, on THE TEST SINGULARITY SERVER, USING THE RUBICON CHANGES.

You know, have to keep your priorities straight.

epicurus ataraxia
Illusion of Solitude.
Illusion of Solitude
#895 - 2013-11-10 16:53:45 UTC
Deunan Tenephais wrote:
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:
Deunan Tenephais wrote:

I would not go as far as imply CCP sent players to slaugther to entertain other players, all are customers and CCP need money to not go bust, like any company.
When I wrote "not being seen as trustworthy" I meant it as "unreliable", like in "not being worthy of the trust in their capacity to act reliably".

While not good, that would still allow players to continue playing,whilst if the original accusation proved to be true, that would be impossible.

I hope CCP can clear up this horrendous mess with some honesty and plain communication, while dealing with the issues.
Very very worrying though.It is hard to believe that such a thing could be, I really hope not. But from what happened it is understandable why some are coming to this conclusion.

There is one EvE. Many people. Many lifestyles. WE are EvE

Deunan Tenephais
#896 - 2013-11-10 17:02:22 UTC
epicurus ataraxia wrote:
While not good, that would still allow players to continue playing,whilst if the original accusation proved to be true, that would be impossible.

Some players would go on playing as if nothing has happened, but some others would quit on the spot, some did already after this sad affair.
Many people simply would not agree with buying/renting/subing/whatevering the product of an unreliable company, only to avoid being burned when the company mess up.
Saska Samar
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#897 - 2013-11-10 17:16:17 UTC
I didn't attend this event so you'll have to forgive the lack of perceived tears.

After reading this thread I won't be attending the next Live Event and this appears to be a common theme for HS folk.

epicurus ataraxia
Illusion of Solitude.
Illusion of Solitude
#898 - 2013-11-10 17:48:31 UTC  |  Edited by: epicurus ataraxia
Deunan Tenephais wrote:
epicurus ataraxia wrote:

Some players would go on playing as if nothing has happened, but some others would quit on the spot, some did already after this sad affair.
Many people simply would not agree with buying/renting/subing/whatevering the product of an unreliable company, only to avoid being burned when the company mess up.

I hope that rather than unsubscribing now that most will wait for CCPs reaction.
If satisfactory, then we can put it behind us and play on.
I believe that if however their reaction should prove the accusations or fail to credibly answer them then there will be a situation where many will simply use up their existing time and never give another cent.
There are many more principled people in this world than is assumed, they may not be the most vocal but a loss of a customer is one step to bankruptcy or layoffs with the loss of most it is guaranteed.

There is one EvE. Many people. Many lifestyles. WE are EvE

Elfaen Ethenwe
Effluvium.
#899 - 2013-11-10 18:07:48 UTC
Ive always thought eve was over-populated with people who didint understand the game mechanics, I'm very glad this event has shown people what the nullsec empires face EVERYTIME we go to war. Maybe they wont ***** so much when we haxploit fill the CSM with our candidates and ask for better servers. The event was fine, the servers are not.

Deunan Tenephais
#900 - 2013-11-10 18:08:37 UTC
epicurus ataraxia wrote:
I hope that rather than unsubscribing now that most will wait for CCPs reaction.
If satisfactory, then we can put it behind us and play on.
I believe that if however their reaction should prove the accusations or fail to credibly answer them then there will be a situation where many will simply use up their existing time and never give another cent.
There are many more principled people in this world than is assumed, they may not be the most vocal but a loss of a customer is one step to bankruptcy or layoffs with the loss of most it is guaranteed.

It will be decided by CCP reaction to the event.
I hope there will be one, if not then it would be the worst case scenario.
And it's not even about principles, it's simply not in the customer's best interest to pay for an seemingly unreliably-driven long-term entertainment product.