These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Rubicon] Marauder rebalancing

First post First post First post
Author
Joe Risalo
State War Academy
Caldari State
#7021 - 2013-10-30 20:14:59 UTC
Common guys, the topic has changed.

We're on the new tractor structure now, lol...
chaosgrimm
Synth Tech
#7022 - 2013-10-30 20:19:27 UTC
Anize Oramara wrote:
DTson Gauur wrote:
Anize Oramara wrote:
*snip a wall-o'-text*
omg I just had a thought. The paladin will absolutely OWN this mission Shocked

Well, Paladin, Kronos OR Vargur will absolutely _murder_ this mission with bastion:

Warp in @0 -> Bastion -> Shoot triggers -> Warp out , even with "just average" skills the completion time will be sub 5 minutes, I can actually do it in ~3 with a bastioned rail kronos

Sure you miss out bounties etc, but you don't do it for the ISK, you do it for LP.

I do it for the isk and loot personally so YMMV.

Ok second mission, Dread Pirate Scarlet mwahaha! (I fubared it and didn't kill her in the 3rd room :( )

So same fit as last one actually (Identical)
Room 1: Serps
Room 2: Gurista
Room 3: Serp
Room 4: Angle + Serp

Full clear, full salvage: 37min
Isk + Loot + Salvage: 52 182 126 (I missed out on 5mill bounty and a potential implant)
LP: 6888
Rounds used: 1.5k Phased 164 Fusion, all faction so around 1.7mill

The MJD was amazing in the last room (Landed at 0 on the serp spawn point lol) and I even managed to land a perfect 2 jump onto the gate in room 2 and 3.

Also interesting thing! If a gate is 70km away, you will most likely land within 5km of it aiming straight for it because gates have such huge hitboxes. So really when it comes to gates a gate can be anywhere from 75km-125km away and you will land on 0km.

Yea... I think I made my point but I can do more if you guys want :)
the only point you have made is that u are able to complete missions in a vargur. Gratz? What point r u trying to make exactly?
Anize Oramara
WarpTooZero
#7023 - 2013-10-30 20:20:19 UTC
Joe Risalo wrote:
Common guys, the topic has changed.

We're on the new tractor structure now, lol...

Don't need it lol. 3 tractor 2s and 5 salavge dornes, even at lv 4 is more than you will ever need.

A guide (Google Doc) to Hi-Sec blitzing and breaking the 200mill ISK/H barrier v1.2.3

Anize Oramara
WarpTooZero
#7024 - 2013-10-30 20:21:24 UTC
chaosgrimm wrote:
Anize Oramara wrote:
DTson Gauur wrote:
Anize Oramara wrote:
*snip a wall-o'-text*

Well, Paladin, Kronos OR Vargur will absolutely _murder_ this mission with bastion:

Warp in @0 -> Bastion -> Shoot triggers -> Warp out , even with "just average" skills the completion time will be sub 5 minutes, I can actually do it in ~3 with a bastioned rail kronos

Sure you miss out bounties etc, but you don't do it for the ISK, you do it for LP.

Ok second mission, Dread Pirate Scarlet mwahaha! (I fubared it and didn't kill her in the 3rd room :( )

Isk + Loot + Salvage: 52 182 126 (I missed out on 5mill bounty and a potential implant)

The MJD was amazing in the last room (Landed at 0 on the serp spawn point lol) and I even managed to land a perfect 2 jump onto the gate in room 2 and 3.

Also interesting thing! If a gate is 70km away, you will most likely land within 5km of it aiming straight for it because gates have such huge hitboxes. So really when it comes to gates a gate can be anywhere from 75km-125km away and you will land on 0km.

the only point you have made is that u are able to complete missions in a vargur. Gratz? What point r u trying to make exactly?

Just shoving my foot up every doomsayer's ass is all.

A guide (Google Doc) to Hi-Sec blitzing and breaking the 200mill ISK/H barrier v1.2.3

Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#7025 - 2013-10-30 20:32:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Arthur Aihaken
Anize Oramara wrote:
Don't need it lol. 3 tractor 2s and 5 salavge dornes, even at lv 4 is more than you will ever need.

Didn't Bill Gates famously say something similar about memory? Lol

Anize Oramara wrote:

Do it with a Golem. And torpedoes. Then you'll have earned my respect.
Marauders aren't a total failure, they're just suck "lite". Lol

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

chaosgrimm
Synth Tech
#7026 - 2013-10-30 20:33:46 UTC  |  Edited by: chaosgrimm
Anize Oramara wrote:
chaosgrimm wrote:
Anize Oramara wrote:
DTson Gauur wrote:
Anize Oramara wrote:
*snip a wall-o'-text*

Quick vargur summary for 4s

Rubicon vargur bastion fit great for high jam/damp

Rubicon vargur mjd bonus good for rare instances that require a jump more than once every 3 mins but could not otherwise be done with another form of prop.

A tq fit Rubicon vargur is better outside of these 2 instances because of mobility and stacking penalties

An actual tq vargur is better than a non bastion fit Rubicon vargur
Kusum Fawn
Perkone
Caldari State
#7027 - 2013-10-30 20:40:22 UTC
Anize Oramara wrote:
chaosgrimm wrote:
Anize Oramara wrote:

I missed the part where you are comparing this in any way to what you can already do on TQ.
Perhaps You could post stats for what you were able to accomplish with the TQ Vargur in the same missions.

The lack of applicable content in your posts is rather sad to see, Similar to Joe Risalos constant posts about the new Golem while not having experience with the current version.

I must have missed your post where you answer all the previous questions i asked you.

Its not possible to please all the people all the time, but it sure as hell is possible to Displease all the people, most of the time.

Anize Oramara
WarpTooZero
#7028 - 2013-10-30 20:45:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Anize Oramara
chaosgrimm wrote:
Anize Oramara wrote:

Rubicon vargur mjd bonus good for rare instances that require a jump more than once every 3 mins but could not otherwise be done with another form of prop.

A tq fit Rubicon vargur is better outside of these 2 instances because of mobility and stacking penalties

Hahaha You missed so much
- Only need T2 fit so 1) no more bling on your ship so it's cheaper and 2) No danger of random ganking to get at your shinies
- Adaptable: A lot more tracking OR Range means I can match or exceed TQ vargur damage application without moving an inch or worrying about transversal
- I can still fit a MWD or AB and only be marginally slower but with MJD it really isn't nessesary. Remember you can target and shoot WHILE MJD so I don't lose any damage dealing while doing the 1min 2 hop jump to get at a gate 30km away.

Face it, the nerfs are so minor and the flexibility and advantages so great that the Rubicon Marauder is just plain better in every situation except where a pirate battleships is ALREADY better than the TQ vargur.

And this is with the VARGUR, arguably the weakest marauder. That is why I'm training for a paladin as that will beat the vargur plenty in amarr, gurista and serp space. Vargur will have the upper hand in angle space, probably but not sure if the golem will beat it there. Kronos will rock in serp and gurista space.

One more thought: It doesn't ahve to be EITHER MWD OR MJD. You cna have both and use both in the same mission where applicable. It's this ADDED utility that makes it stand above the TQ marauders.

hmskrecik
TransMine Group
Gluten Free Cartel
#7029 - 2013-10-30 20:51:45 UTC
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:
Though the runiation of the armour Marauders in Incursions with these changes is well-documented, it will be quite interesting to see how CCP deals with the cries out outrage when this ship class nerf hits all the mission-runners who don't read the forums.

Frankly, given CCP's hatred of its own high sec customer base, not much will happen. and they will ignore the inevitable many many post Nov 19th threads complaining how the ship class was wrecked.

And the vast majority of people still have not clued in how badly nerfed all BS based income is with the warp speed nerf.

Hellll-ooo... Earth to Dinsdale, Earth to Dinsdale. Put this whatever you're smoking down NOW!

Since my Kronos on SiSi gives noticeably higher ticks than my Kronos on TQ I don't feel nerfed.

I recognize your authority on running Incursions (it's benefit of doubt, but still) but if you're gonna speak for mission runners like me, please don't until you have some hard data to back it.
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#7030 - 2013-10-30 20:58:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Arthur Aihaken
Anize Oramara wrote:
- Only need T2 fit so 1) no more bling on your ship so it's cheaper and 2) No danger of random ganking to get at your shinies
- Adaptable: A lot more tracking OR Range means I can match or exceed TQ vargur damage application without moving an inch or worrying about transversal
- I can still fit a MWD or AB and only be marginally slower but with MJD it really isn't nessesary. Remember you can target and shoot WHILE MJD so I don't lose any damage dealing while doing the 1min 2 hop jump to get at a gate 30km away.

Oh man...
• The "bling" is in the ship itself, ie: the $1-billion hull, skill books, training, etc. I can build "bling" a Raven for less than the sticker price of a Golem.
• Marginally slower? When a Scorpion starts lapping your Golem that's usually a subtle hint.
• Tracking or range... You mean the the 3rd rig slot T1 or Faction battleship hulls have? Or the extra low or mid slot for a wide assortment of options?

Shivanthar
#7031 - 2013-10-30 21:16:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Shivanthar
Anize Oramara wrote:
chaosgrimm wrote:
Anize Oramara wrote:

Face it, the nerfs are so minor and the flexibility and advantages so great that the Rubicon Marauder is just plain better in every situation except where a pirate battleships is ALREADY better than the TQ vargur.

And this is with the VARGUR, arguably the weakest marauder. That is why I'm training for a paladin as that will beat the vargur plenty in amarr, gurista and serp space. Vargur will have the upper hand in angle space, probably but not sure if the golem will beat it there. Kronos will rock in serp and gurista space.

One more thought: It doesn't ahve to be EITHER MWD OR MJD. You cna have both and use both in the same mission where applicable. It's this ADDED utility that makes it stand above the TQ marauders.

There is simply no point in this post other than paper numbers. I'm an all-time Vargur pilot. I simply disregard this post.
Telling "Rubicon Marauder is just plain better in every situation " is as same as telling you've not been playing Vargur in TQ for some time. If you've been playing with this ship long enough, you'd see there is no point telling any of the nerfs aren't worth that much.

At this point I'd like to ask these three most simple questions to you:
- (Point of little/no difference) Exactly what benefit you get for missioning (properly, including salvaging) in Rubicon Vargur against TQ Vargur, from the perspective of both ISK/hr and enjoyment?
- (Point of nothing new) What is different from playing Sentry Dominix, with the proposed Vargur? Enemy ewar won't land you properly when you're 100km away anyway.
- (Point of enjoyment) What makes you so happy with the Rubicon Marauder? Sniping? Or Sitting and bashing?

Edit: Weakest Marauder? I only give you credit for gurista, since they're kinetic type as primary damage taken. Kinetic ammo (Titanium Sabots) have lower dps than their thermal/emp/explosive ammo. This also makes Vargur the most adaptable marauder vessel, since you can switch to all damage types. Same goes with Golem, but when playing with my friend side-by-side, I can see they're having trouble about damage application to smaller vessels in TQ. At the same time Golems also require more reload than any other Marauder, unfortunately. Not to mention their ammo should be somewhat more expensive and taking more Cargo space (need confirmation*)

_Half _the lies they tell about me **aren't **true.

Anize Oramara
WarpTooZero
#7032 - 2013-10-30 21:38:25 UTC
Shivanthar wrote:
Anize Oramara wrote:
chaosgrimm wrote:
Anize Oramara wrote:

There is simply no point in this post other than paper numbers. I'm an all-time Vargur pilot. I simply disregard this post.
Telling "Rubicon Marauder is just plain better in every situation " is as same as telling you've not been playing Vargur in TQ for some time. If you've been playing with this ship long enough, you'd see there is no point telling any of the nerfs aren't worth that much.

At this point I'd like to ask these three most simple questions to you:
- (Point of little/no difference) Exactly what benefit you get for missioning (properly, including salvaging) in Rubicon Vargur against TQ Vargur, from the perspective of both ISK/hr and enjoyment?
- (Point of nothing new) What is different from playing Sentry Dominix, with the proposed Vargur? Enemy ewar won't land you properly when you're 100km away anyway.
- (Point of enjoyment) What makes you so happy with the Rubicon Marauder? Sniping? Or Sitting and bashing?

Well ran scarlet again, made 82.4mill in 36min Twisted

As to the enjoyment, as it is currently I'd say my enjoyment has at least been doubled with Rubicon Vargur. I've been running and plexing my 2 accounts with solo vargur for more than a year before I moved to a wh corp. I still run missions every now and then because a little bit is fun every now and then.

Don't have the drone skills to say regarding sentry domis. I hear they are very good in anoms but it's too passive for me, too boring.

It's a lot of things actually. The rapid redeployment with 1min MJD. The auto salvaging of my salvage drones (only have to tractor the wrecks) the sitting in a room and never having to worry about my tank again. The not having to fly around so I can focus on prioritising targets and grabbing wrecks. The opening of wreck and the huge isk ticks I've been getting (18mill, 15mill, 13 mill)

I'd probably be ok with plexing my account on running anoms if I was part of a null corp. Just sitting there nuking wave after wave of enemies (but with a bit more input than making sure my drones stay alive + the salvaging/looting at the same time.

Anize Oramara
WarpTooZero
#7033 - 2013-10-30 21:44:52 UTC
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
Anize Oramara wrote:

Oh man...
• The "bling" is in the ship itself, ie: the $1-billion hull, skill books, training, etc. I can build "bling" a Raven for less than the sticker price of a Golem.
• Marginally slower? When a Scorpion starts lapping your Golem that's usually a subtle hint.
• Tracking or range... You mean the the 3rd rig slot T1 or Faction battleship hulls have? Or the extra low or mid slot for a wide assortment of options?

Aaactually since I run two T2 range rigs + Bastion + the extra TC I'm ahead by at least 2 range increasing modules. Not to mention the extra versatility and adaptability (0.13 tracking for hitting those blaster serps and angle battleships, 82km range for hitting stuff that stays out at range)

Since most everything will still be alive by the time you get to the gate what does it matter if you're a tiny bit slower at getting to it? Also I can get to any gate within 200km in a minute (9sec if it's 75-100km away)

And heres the thing about "bling" and what I meant. A pirate BS is still a lot of money, a RNI is still a lot fo isk. but these need 500mill+ in bling. That makes a very juicy target. I pay the same but I don't need 500mill+ in modules to make the vargur work meaning all a ganker is going to get when he kills me is 10mill in T2 modules. Hence I am safe from gankers looking for isk while you are not :D

zentary
Tactical Grace.
Vanguard.
#7034 - 2013-10-30 22:00:21 UTC
Brib Vogt wrote:
Debora Tsung wrote:
Brib Vogt wrote:
For the sake of my beloved Vargur could the Bastion module get the same properties concerning optimal and fall off bonus then tracking computer and -enhancer:

What for?

The Bastion mod frees at least one mid slot for an additional TC.

[Vargur, Tech2 copy 1]
Republic Fleet Gyrostabilizer
Tracking Enhancer II

Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
X-Large Shield Booster II
Tracking Computer II, Tracking Speed Script
Tracking Computer II, Optimal Range Script
Target Painter II
Large Micro Jump Drive

1400mm Howitzer Artillery II, Republic Fleet Fusion L
Drone Link Augmentor II
Salvager II
Small Tractor Beam II

Large Projectile Burst Aerator II
Large Ionic Field Projector I

Warrior II x5
Bouncer II x2

Tell me where i got an extra in this fitting. Everything i told was already with bastion. thanks for your senseless post.

You made me a bit angry, i have to admit. Everything follows the same mechanics in eve. why not even try to put bastion to similar effects like other modules. Optimal bonus always leads to identical increase in applied damage, while fall-off bonus only increases damage on a ship specific scale.

now this fit right here is terrible. No wonder people have turned to ganking mission runners you barely have to spend any money to blow this thing out of space and take his stuff
Anize Oramara
WarpTooZero
#7035 - 2013-10-30 22:04:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Anize Oramara
zentary wrote:
Brib Vogt wrote:
Debora Tsung wrote:
Brib Vogt wrote:
For the sake of my beloved Vargur could the Bastion module get the same properties concerning optimal and fall off bonus then tracking computer and -enhancer:

What for?

[Vargur, Tech2 copy 1]
Tracking Enhancer II

Target Painter II
Large Micro Jump Drive

Drone Link Augmentor II
Salvager II
Small Tractor Beam II

Warrior II x5
Bouncer II x2

Tell me where i got an extra in this fitting. Everything i told was already with bastion. thanks for your senseless post.

You made me a bit angry, i have to admit. Everything follows the same mechanics in eve. why not even try to put bastion to similar effects like other modules. Optimal bonus always leads to identical increase in applied damage, while fall-off bonus only increases damage on a ship specific scale.

now this fit right here is terrible. No wonder people have turned to ganking mission runners you barely have to spend any money to blow this thing out of space and take his stuff

What stuff exactly? The 4 fleet gyros (He shoudl be running 3 faction and a T2 really) You're saying you are going to scan him down in his mission and gank him with a couple of tornados where IF ALL 3-4 gyros drop you WONT EVEN BREAK EVEN?

Are you serious? Hahahahaha.

But yea, I don't think arty vargur is the way to go honestly. AC's are fine.

zentary
Tactical Grace.
Vanguard.
#7036 - 2013-10-30 22:07:14 UTC
Anize Oramara wrote:
zentary wrote:
Brib Vogt wrote:
Debora Tsung wrote:
Brib Vogt wrote:

What for?

[Vargur, Tech2 copy 1]
Tracking Enhancer II

Target Painter II
Large Micro Jump Drive

Drone Link Augmentor II
Salvager II
Small Tractor Beam II

Warrior II x5
Bouncer II x2

What stuff exactly? The 4 fleet gyros (He shoudl be running 3 faction and a T2 really) You're saying you are going to scan him down in his mission and gank him with a couple of tornados where IF ALL 3-4 gyros drop you WONT EVEN BREAK EVEN?

lol why the heck would i use a tornado? few catalysts work just fine
Anize Oramara
WarpTooZero
#7037 - 2013-10-30 22:17:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Anize Oramara
zentary wrote:
Anize Oramara wrote:
zentary wrote:

A few catalysts?

What the strontium are you smoking?

No seriously are you on some kind of mind altering drug?

You realise that not ONLY can he rep 400+ RAW SHIELD HP per SECOND but he has 66% thermal and 71% kin resist on shields with over 10k shield buffer not to mention similar resists on armor with another 9k+ armor hp AAAAND 30% omni hull resists.

And you want to kill that with a couple of catas?

IN HIGH SEC?

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Just so you can see some numbers, you'd need 3 catas just to break the tank. Then you'd need to chew through 60k+ EHP. I figure you'd need around.... 20 or so catas given 15 seconds of free firing. 30 for 10 seconds of free firing.

warzonetemp
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#7038 - 2013-10-30 23:49:53 UTC
Like the idea, it reminds me of Siege Mode for Dreads.

Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#7039 - 2013-10-31 00:07:42 UTC
Anize Oramara wrote:
Aaactually since I run two T2 range rigs + Bastion + the extra TC I'm ahead by at least 2 range increasing modules. Not to mention the extra versatility and adaptability (0.13 tracking for hitting those blaster serps and angle battleships, 82km range for hitting stuff that stays out at range)

Since most everything will still be alive by the time you get to the gate what does it matter if you're a tiny bit slower at getting to it? Also I can get to any gate within 200km in a minute (9sec if it's 75-100km away)

And heres the thing about "bling" and what I meant. A pirate BS is still a lot of money, a RNI is still a lot fo isk. but these need 500mill+ in bling. That makes a very juicy target. I pay the same but I don't need 500mill+ in modules to make the vargur work meaning all a ganker is going to get when he kills me is 10mill in T2 modules. Hence I am safe from gankers looking for isk while you are not :D

Actually, (Golem/Bastion + 2x T2 range rigs) < (Raven + 3x T2/T1 range rigs); the 25% range on Bastion is stacking penalized. At best, it's marginally better when you're at a dead standstill in a Golem. At worst, it's still less anytime you're moving. I don't need $500-million of modules on a Raven to make it work, either. I can also insure my $150-million Raven and get 75% back if I lose it. The Golem, not a chance

I get it - you love your Marauder. But let's not overlook the fact that your viewpoint is possibly skewed because you've invested a substantial amount of time into it, either. Yes, the current iteration of Marauders are better in (most) respects than the original. That's not saying very much, though.

zentary
Tactical Grace.
Vanguard.
#7040 - 2013-10-31 00:39:54 UTC
Anize Oramara wrote:
zentary wrote:
Anize Oramara wrote:
zentary wrote:

A few catalysts?

What the strontium are you smoking?

No seriously are you on some kind of mind altering drug?

You realise that not ONLY can he rep 400+ RAW SHIELD HP per SECOND but he has 66% thermal and 71% kin resist on shields with over 10k shield buffer not to mention similar resists on armor with another 9k+ armor hp AAAAND 30% omni hull resists.

And you want to kill that with a couple of catas?

IN HIGH SEC?

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Just so you can see some numbers, you'd need 3 catas just to break the tank. Then you'd need to chew through 60k+ EHP. I figure you'd need around.... 20 or so catas given 15 seconds of free firing. 30 for 10 seconds of free firing.

i just chose a destroyer you numbskull. The Minmitar one would work just fin as well. And with that tank it would be easy to just have a cloaky warp in and go in when his shields with be at their lowest from the ratts considering that won't be hard with those resists. you obviously know nothing.