These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Rubicon] Marauder rebalancing

First post First post First post
Author
Roime
Mea Culpa.
Shadow Cartel
#4761 - 2013-10-04 09:58:06 UTC
Yeah it indeed does have the tracking bonus, and the falloff bonus with bonused web would make blasters work extremely well even when immobile in bastion mode.

Bastion mode is only useful in close range, you go all in. Going bastion in a LR ship means that inties have ample time to burn to you, or you get probed down and scrammed, and there is absolutely nothing you can do about ships that get under your LR guns without bonused webs.

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#4762 - 2013-10-04 10:30:43 UTC  |  Edited by: baltec1
Roime wrote:
Yeah it indeed does have the tracking bonus, and the falloff bonus with bonused web would make blasters work extremely well even when immobile in bastion mode.

Bastion mode is only useful in close range, you go all in. Going bastion in a LR ship means that inties have ample time to burn to you, or you get probed down and scrammed, and there is absolutely nothing you can do about ships that get under your LR guns without bonused webs.

You get a brave newbee to kill it with a destroyer or harpy.

A ship that cannot chase down anything or even move is not a good close range ship. A falloff bonused mjd bonused ships makes an interesting snipe boat for small gangs. If you must have webs the use one of the new E-war frigs. Dont turn an interesting ship into a crappy copy of the vindi just so you can have an easier time in level 4s.

Also no, bastion does not have a tracking bonus.
Gabriel Karade
Coreli Corporation
Pandemic Legion
#4763 - 2013-10-04 11:20:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Gabriel Karade
It's nothing to do with level 4's - stop repeating this strawman.

The TQ Kronos web bonus is what gives it (despite the crappy sensor strength) it's niche PvP application. I fail to see why questioning it's removal constitutes 'making it a Vindicator copy' when the Vindicator is actually a 'Kronos copy' in that regard.

Edit - no Bastion doesn't, but the base hull bonuses and slot configuration clearly favour a blaster boat.

War Machine: http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=386293

Roime
Mea Culpa.
Shadow Cartel
#4764 - 2013-10-04 11:33:37 UTC
Anyway, "sniping battleships in small gang" is really hilarious.

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#4765 - 2013-10-04 12:43:41 UTC
Roime wrote:
Anyway, "sniping battleships in small gang" is really hilarious.

Yes it is, which is why I want it.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#4766 - 2013-10-04 12:47:39 UTC
Gabriel Karade wrote:
It's nothing to do with level 4's - stop repeating this strawman.

The TQ Kronos web bonus is what gives it (despite the crappy sensor strength) it's niche PvP application. I fail to see why questioning it's removal constitutes 'making it a Vindicator copy' when the Vindicator is actually a 'Kronos copy' in that regard.

Edit - no Bastion doesn't, but the base hull bonuses and slot configuration clearly favour a blaster boat.

Nobody uses the kronos in pvp because the vindi does a much better job. hell we didn't even use it in anoms when blaster ratting was king.
I-RON zeus
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#4767 - 2013-10-04 13:43:01 UTC
I understand the marauder class ship are losing drone bay but what ccp could do is give it a large drone bit tho you cant lunch say 5 sentry your friend can deploy one for you say in a rattle etc; i feel that this would greatly increase the cooperative play in eve and this doesn't just have to be restricted to marauders class ships.
Vulfen
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#4768 - 2013-10-04 13:48:52 UTC
I-RON zeus wrote:
I understand the marauder class ship are losing drone bay but what ccp could do is give it a large drone bit tho you cant lunch say 5 sentry your friend can deploy one for you say in a rattle etc; i feel that this would greatly increase the cooperative play in eve and this doesn't just have to be restricted to marauders class ships.

No Other class of ship that is "deployable" in the game can use drones while deployed this is why it has been reduced, but i agree it is a bit lacking in dps because of the drones being lost, honestly i think we just need to wait for the stuff to come on sisi and test the hell out of them to find the strengths of these ships
Henk Brombir
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#4769 - 2013-10-04 13:56:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Henk Brombir
T2 Hyperion for pvp k thx bye

T2 Megathron fo pve k thx bye

Problem solved
Kagura Nikon
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#4770 - 2013-10-04 14:01:14 UTC
Amazes me how balancing the marauders nad finding a role for them woudl be to make them stay parket in hangars because there will be no place in eve where they are the best choice for the job.

"If brute force does not solve your problem....  then you are  surely not using enough!"

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#4771 - 2013-10-04 15:01:13 UTC
Kagura Nikon wrote:
Amazes me how balancing the marauders nad finding a role for them woudl be to make them stay parket in hangars because there will be no place in eve where they are the best choice for the job.

There are several fleets I want to use the new kronos with and many roaming gangs.
Bagrat Skalski
Koinuun Kotei
#4772 - 2013-10-04 15:02:23 UTC
I will not park my Golem, i will sell it. Lol

Buying Kronos if they would change the Golem model.
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#4773 - 2013-10-04 18:21:46 UTC
CCP Ytterbium wrote:
Hey people,

We've been away from this thread for a while to let things cool down a bit.

With Rubicon coming to Singularity soon, we've decided to revert Marauders to the original design for now, as we want to see how they actually fare in practice within player hands before committing to the version 2 change. We will let you know if and when we move to version 2 again. We’ll most likely open a new thread when they appear on Singularity as this one has become quite convoluted.

That means:

• Shield, armor and hull resists in Bastion Mode only
  • Keep the 37.5% tank bonus on the Marauders, no web bonus

We are also aware this won't please everyone here - regarding their comparison with Pirate Battleships, especially the Machariel, please remember we have stated many times Pirate hulls were due for a rebalance, with Angel Cartel being on the front line for tuning changes.

Thanks for your time.

YESYESYESYESYES

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Shamus en Divalone
The Clandestine Forge
#4774 - 2013-10-04 18:29:45 UTC
Any more sneak peaks at animations yet CCP?
Joe Risalo
State War Academy
Caldari State
#4775 - 2013-10-04 18:48:40 UTC
Shamus en Divalone wrote:

CCP is being super quiet right now...
about anything really...
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#4776 - 2013-10-04 19:47:00 UTC
Joe Risalo wrote:
Shamus en Divalone wrote:

CCP is being super quiet right now...
about anything really...

Probably just in a diabetic coma from all of the "sweet" feed back they've gotten in this thread. Smile

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Aglais
Ice-Storm
#4777 - 2013-10-04 20:03:14 UTC
Kagura Nikon wrote:

The fact that they're only going to ever be parked in hangars implies that their role has been removed though does it not?
Joe Risalo
State War Academy
Caldari State
#4778 - 2013-10-04 20:07:46 UTC
Aglais wrote:
Kagura Nikon wrote:

The fact that they're only going to ever be parked in hangars implies that their role has been removed though does it not?

I don't know about you guys, but i'm going to be flying the hell out of a cruise Golem..
Aglais
Ice-Storm
#4779 - 2013-10-04 21:29:40 UTC
Joe Risalo wrote:
Aglais wrote:
Kagura Nikon wrote:

I don't know about you guys, but i'm going to be flying the hell out of a cruise Golem..

As an owner of a cruise Golem, I'm probably going to sell it, because the bastion module's benefits do not at all in any context outweigh it's drawbacks seen thus far (not to mention the other pointless stat nerfs to the hull itself that put the Golem into the "what is moving" state that most capitals end up in).

Keep in mind too, the WARP SPEED of Marauders is going to be tanking as well. So they've just got WAY, WAY slower, in ALL respects, and must be STATIONARY for their main gimmicks to actually be applicable.

So ISK/hr is probably going to end up going down due to exceptionally awkward quantized 100km jumps in mission sites (the hull's too slow and heavy for an AB, and the MWD uses too much capacitor to be considered with awful agility), longer time for the Golem to actually REACH the missions (and return to station)... Pretty much the only "pro" that happens here is that you can massively downgrade your tank because bastion mode can compensate for it.

Basically, these changes drain literally any semblance of fun from the hull, and believe it or not, both fun and isk/hr are things that I consider in terms of missioning.
Joe Risalo
State War Academy
Caldari State
#4780 - 2013-10-04 22:14:39 UTC
Aglais wrote:
Joe Risalo wrote:
Aglais wrote:
Kagura Nikon wrote:

As an owner of a cruise Golem, I'm probably going to sell it, because the bastion module's benefits do not at all in any context outweigh it's drawbacks seen thus far (not to mention the other pointless stat nerfs to the hull itself that put the Golem into the "what is moving" state that most capitals end up in).

Keep in mind too, the WARP SPEED of Marauders is going to be tanking as well. So they've just got WAY, WAY slower, in ALL respects, and must be STATIONARY for their main gimmicks to actually be applicable.

So ISK/hr is probably going to end up going down due to exceptionally awkward quantized 100km jumps in mission sites (the hull's too slow and heavy for an AB, and the MWD uses too much capacitor to be considered with awful agility), longer time for the Golem to actually REACH the missions (and return to station)... Pretty much the only "pro" that happens here is that you can massively downgrade your tank because bastion mode can compensate for it.

Basically, these changes drain literally any semblance of fun from the hull, and believe it or not, both fun and isk/hr are things that I consider in terms of missioning.

Well, i'm interested in bastion mode.

That said, the cap, velocity, and mass nerfs p!ss me off

I really wish they would revert these 3 things as there is no purpose behind them.