These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

In-Game Events and Gatherings

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

SOMER Blink - Microlotteries that Finish in Minutes! 1 QUADRILLION ISK Won!

First post First post First post
Author
Andrev Nox
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#2001 - 2013-09-27 21:06:41 UTC
Hiya!

You seem to have confused what was going on in that conversation :) The free gift he was claiming on our site wasn't in any way connected to the CCP prizes. It's an ISK based giveaway that we ourselves do.

It also wasn't "givng out customer information" in that all gift opens are listed on the site, publicly, as they occur. Who opened what gift, how much they got, and when is already publicly displayed :)

Somer Blink - The original microlottery site.

Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#2002 - 2013-09-28 00:12:36 UTC
CCP Eterne wrote:
We have a new comment on this from CCP Navigator. You can read it here.

Except this "new comment" is utter trash because it fails to make any meaningfull change to what the actual problem is. Giving away free stuff to people in game. The only time you should ever spawn things in game is to enable the players to use a newly added game mecanics or new content just released. Not stupid ship that will barely ever get out of hangar and generate ridiculous profit for a 3rd party. CCP navigator said it was to create content. How much content will those ships create beside hate toward CCP for handling this poorly and 5 database lines listing where the ship is collecting dust?
Forlorn Eskimo
Pulling The Plug
PURPLE HELMETED WARRIORS
#2003 - 2013-09-28 05:24:02 UTC
Frostys Virpio wrote:
CCP Eterne wrote:
We have a new comment on this from CCP Navigator. You can read it here.

Except this "new comment" is utter trash because it fails to make any meaningfull change to what the actual problem is. Giving away free stuff to people in game. The only time you should ever spawn things in game is to enable the players to use a newly added game mecanics or new content just released. Not stupid ship that will barely ever get out of hangar and generate ridiculous profit for a 3rd party. CCP navigator said it was to create content. How much content will those ships create beside hate toward CCP for handling this poorly and 5 database lines listing where the ship is collecting dust?

Maybe the Content CCP navigator is refering too is the vast amount of content blink already provide ?
sponsoring rvb roams ?
sponsoring tournements ?
sponsoring eve vegas ?

feel free to help create content in this way if you like or devote time to do it hell use the time it took to create your post to think of a content idea i dare you
Abernie
Thoroughly Incompetent
#2004 - 2013-09-28 06:59:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Abernie
Forlorn Eskimo wrote:

Maybe the Content CCP navigator is refering too is the vast amount of advertising they do.
FYP
Also I would be against this whole idea no matter who was in the receiving end.
Tzu Wu
State War Academy
Caldari State
#2005 - 2013-09-28 17:38:14 UTC
As much I love Blink I agree with most of the people when saying a private corporation shouldnt be given these prizes to give away.I think they are trustworthy but you still never know 100%.Giving prizes to a for profit private entity does smell of favoritism but you have to realize how much RL money blink also helps bring CCP.There are plenty of people who buy plexes from CCP to play Blink.Thats straight cash in the bank.So at the end of the day Blink is a nice cash cow for CCP to keep around.
Rroff
Antagonistic Tendencies
#2006 - 2013-09-28 22:37:20 UTC
Ona Bender wrote:
If you buy all the tickets in a blink, you'll win 1 out of every 1 (100%) - that's not the same as winning as many promos in a day as I've won in 3 years - you only get one ticket in a promo.

Best I've had is 2 promo wins inside 24 hours and 10 minutes heh (~7 promo wins that week total). Some funky stuff does happen though - I once won 4 of the same ship in a row on the same number on consecutive blinks.
Doc Severide
Doomheim
#2007 - 2013-09-29 11:57:07 UTC
This sounds to me like another AFK cloaking thread...

Everyone is always repeating the mantra "Don't Trust Anyone" ad nauseum... If I can't trust the guys I play with, why bother playing with them at all? Fly Solo...

Slaiphon
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#2008 - 2013-09-29 13:04:56 UTC
So addictive :( Losing all my ISK here heh
Nina Mink
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#2009 - 2013-09-29 18:42:57 UTC
New bonk but no new gift to unpack...Sad
Btw did any1 allready found 1 of the hidden gifts in the minibonk?
Forlorn Eskimo
Pulling The Plug
PURPLE HELMETED WARRIORS
#2010 - 2013-09-29 20:16:25 UTC
Nina Mink wrote:
New bonk but no new gift to unpack...Sad
Btw did any1 allready found 1 of the hidden gifts in the minibonk?

there wasnt a gift in the mini they just added extra prize's to them after they announced the ccp vegas event :)
Josef Djugashvilis
#2011 - 2013-09-29 20:30:38 UTC
Dear Somer Blink, if you do not scam CCP, you will let down the entire player base of Eve Online.

If CCP are daft enough to gift you a fortune, you should be smart enough to take it and keep it.

Man up, and do the right thing.

This is not a signature.

Slaiphon
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#2012 - 2013-09-30 07:52:50 UTC
So... I lost all my ISK playing Blink... Crossing my fingers for the Blast :D
Caliph Muhammed
Perkone
Caldari State
#2013 - 2013-09-30 08:18:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Caliph Muhammed
Tzu Wu wrote:
As much I love Blink I agree with most of the people when saying a private corporation shouldnt be given these prizes to give away.I think they are trustworthy but you still never know 100%.Giving prizes to a for profit private entity does smell of favoritism but you have to realize how much RL money blink also helps bring CCP.There are plenty of people who buy plexes from CCP to play Blink.Thats straight cash in the bank.So at the end of the day Blink is a nice cash cow for CCP to keep around.

Pay to win? What are Goon subs worth a month? Not just them but various large entities. There is no justification for this. A unique ship is a unique ship. Its almost priceless. In terms of the game anyway.

How about giving them a ship that can't be sold or traded? Forever tied to that account/character and if it blows up its gone.

Unique. A status symbol. Is worth everything and nothing at all. Completely acceptable within EVE.

I think we'll find that wouldn't be acceptable because it's all about scamming the addicts and suckers out of rl cash and ISK.
Caliph Muhammed
Perkone
Caldari State
#2014 - 2013-09-30 08:27:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Caliph Muhammed
Pick a side people. Either you want it fair or you don't care. And standing up for a fair game when your subs support its growth is justified. Your participation in EVE creates gameplay and is just as valuable to the game as Somerblink.

More to people like me because I haven't played blink ever. Somerblink has in 3-4 years not created a shred of content for me that I've ever been able to recognize. I don't hate Somerblink. I didn't mind it before. But when it is using a very underhanded means to achieve an in game advantage and it affects me i'm going to make a case.

And for the record whenever I see something damaging to the game I've spoke out about it regardless of the consequences. If it means arguing with Goons about a bad idea, EVE Uni, the devs, other miscreants or even Somerblink I do. That's not to say i'm never mistaken, all are at times, but there isn't a childish whine or self serving bias here. And no, preventing an entity in the game from violating the rules and spirit of a sandbox is not self serving.
klakksen Sasen
Doomheim
#2015 - 2013-09-30 08:55:33 UTC
Got banned from the site doing something I did not know was not allowed. No warnings just ban.
Andrev and Somer are beeing full of them self and are not interested to listen.

And with CCP suporting these guys, here goes.

You have cancelled your EVE Online subscription.
Your account will be suspended at the end of the current subscription period, expiring on 07 October 2013.

RUS Comannder
Writing Memoirs
#2016 - 2013-09-30 09:08:07 UTC
Caliph Muhammed wrote:
Pick a side people. Either you want it fair or you don't care. And standing up for a fair game when your subs support its growth is justified. Your participation in EVE creates gameplay and is just as valuable to the game as Somerblink.

More to people like me because I haven't played blink ever. Somerblink has in 3-4 years not created a shred of content for me that I've ever been able to recognize. I don't hate Somerblink. I didn't mind it before. But when it is using a very underhanded means to achieve an in game advantage and it affects me i'm going to make a case.

And for the record whenever I see something damaging to the game I've spoke out about it regardless of the consequences. If it means arguing with Goons about a bad idea, EVE Uni, the devs, other miscreants or even Somerblink I do. That's not to say i'm never mistaken, all are at times, but there isn't a childish whine or self serving bias here. And no, preventing an entity in the game from violating the rules and spirit of a sandbox is not self serving.

This was not Blink's Idea. CCP Brought it to them on the morning it was introduced. Which third party site would have turned it down?
RUS Comannder
Writing Memoirs
#2017 - 2013-09-30 09:11:13 UTC  |  Edited by: RUS Comannder
klakksen Sasen wrote:
Got banned from the site doing something I did not know was not allowed. No warnings just ban.
Andrev and Somer are beeing full of them self and are not interested to listen.

And with CCP suporting these guys, here goes.

You have cancelled your EVE Online subscription.
Your account will be suspended at the end of the current subscription period, expiring on 07 October 2013.

I seen a fair amount of poeple banned and everyone of them got could have gotten warned if they read the rules. The ones who are simply making a mistake get it sorted out and go on to play. The ones who get banned are the ones who use scripts or multiple blink accounts from the same computer and the accounts are on the same CCP account. They do that so they can win the easy cash awards given out for doing things line changing your password or blinking and winning 5 different ships. The cheaters like that want to pick the low hanginfg fruit of the achievements, which is really stealing the isk from blink. The rules are easy to understand - one blink account per person regardless of the number of CCP accounts. They bend over backwards to offer the best customer support I've ever seen from ANY online organization. That is why so many long time Blink players wish CCP could learn about that from Blink.
Thats OK
Schmizle
#2018 - 2013-09-30 19:54:22 UTC
The web page looks really cool and its easy to use but the server is so slow right now the blinks i start are over before I'm able to pick another ticket.
The blink starts loading and when the page refreshes some 10-20 seconds later it is all over.
Annoying.
Thats OK
Schmizle
#2019 - 2013-10-01 10:18:44 UTC
Same again today.
Somerset Mahm
Cognitive Distortion
#2020 - 2013-10-01 23:47:49 UTC
Thats OK wrote:
Same again today.

I'm sorry :( this is the most frustrating part to troubleshoot because I don't experience problems (and apparently many people don't), so it's hard to track down.

Would you be able to send me a traceroute to the site from your location? You can Evemail it.

SOMER Blink Microlotteries that finish in minutes! Running for over 2 years :)