These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Rubicon] Marauder rebalancing

First post First post First post
Author
TheFace Asano
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#4181 - 2013-09-26 19:45:55 UTC  |  Edited by: TheFace Asano
Joe Risalo wrote:
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
Joe Risalo wrote:
Correct.
With the missile changes last year, torps are kinda outdated in pve.

See, I was referring to torpedoes. Cruise missiles already have a higher explosion velocity and smaller explosion radius so there's minimal benefit with a stasis web. I think cruise missiles are going to get hit hard with the nerf bat, though.

Naa, probably not.. They just barely got the buff bat.
Now, the only thing I can see them doing is swapping precision and fury ranges, so that they're more like torps, but I dunno about that.

Point being though, if you're using torps on a golem right now, you're missing out.
Torps actually make more sense with bastion, as you'll be able to get like 82km with javelin and t2 range rigs, but you can put out pretty decent dps with a cruise golem now adays.

I have a torp and cruise fit saved on eft. The torp fit isn't even 100 dps more.
This is because I can fit a damge rig on a cruise golem and still have damn good range.
Maybe bastion will fix this so that torps don't require range rigs to hit max orbit targets..
Would be nice to see a torp golem useful again without prop mods

Torpedo's were supposed to have received some love during the cruise missile buff, but we didn't see it. They need a slight damage buff to compensate for the extremely short range. You can't buff them, however, without adjusting stealth bombers, as they do not need a buff....
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#4182 - 2013-09-26 19:50:51 UTC
TheFace Asano wrote:
Torpedo's were supposed to have received some love during the cruise missile buff, but we didn't see it. They need a slight damage buff to compensate for the extremely short range. You can't buff them, however, without adjusting stealth bombers, as they do not need a buff....

I think most would be happy with a 10-15% damage buff at this point.

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

TheFace Asano
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#4183 - 2013-09-26 19:55:58 UTC
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
TheFace Asano wrote:

i agree, but you will have to nerf stealth bombers at the same time.
Joe Risalo
State War Academy
Caldari State
#4184 - 2013-09-26 19:59:11 UTC
TheFace Asano wrote:
Joe Risalo wrote:
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
Joe Risalo wrote:
Correct.
With the missile changes last year, torps are kinda outdated in pve.

See, I was referring to torpedoes. Cruise missiles already have a higher explosion velocity and smaller explosion radius so there's minimal benefit with a stasis web. I think cruise missiles are going to get hit hard with the nerf bat, though.

Naa, probably not.. They just barely got the buff bat.
Now, the only thing I can see them doing is swapping precision and fury ranges, so that they're more like torps, but I dunno about that.

Point being though, if you're using torps on a golem right now, you're missing out.
Torps actually make more sense with bastion, as you'll be able to get like 82km with javelin and t2 range rigs, but you can put out pretty decent dps with a cruise golem now adays.

I have a torp and cruise fit saved on eft. The torp fit isn't even 100 dps more.
This is because I can fit a damge rig on a cruise golem and still have damn good range.
Maybe bastion will fix this so that torps don't require range rigs to hit max orbit targets..
Would be nice to see a torp golem useful again without prop mods

Well, torps did get a little bit of love.
They are now effected by guided missile precision (I believe without actually looking)
So that at lvl 5 they actually have a smaller exp radius than they used to by a decent amount.
Joe Risalo
State War Academy
Caldari State
#4185 - 2013-09-26 20:01:34 UTC
TheFace Asano wrote:
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
TheFace Asano wrote:

i agree, but you will have to nerf stealth bombers at the same time.

I don't know about 10-15%...
That seems a bit strong, but then again I'm not looking at the actual numbers.

Perhaps that would be ok, but what I would rather see is a 5-10% buff, and a exp rad/vel buff..
I mean, they have a powerful explosion, you'd think they'd have a high velocity tied to that...
The Djego
Hellequin Inc.
#4186 - 2013-09-26 20:08:06 UTC
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
TheFace Asano wrote:

It is not dps, it is damage application(especially against mobile sub BS targets at medium range in pvp), speed of the hulls(the raven and cnr changes gone a long way to fix it) and fitting(what is to restrictive for close range weapon system on the hulls to fit tank + gank properly).

Improve discharge rigging: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=246166&find=unread

Lair Osen
#4187 - 2013-09-26 20:29:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Lair Osen
Well if they're adding a new auto-tractor deployable structure, thats going to make the tractor bonus on the marauder pretty useless.
Joe Risalo
State War Academy
Caldari State
#4188 - 2013-09-26 20:30:59 UTC
Lair Osen wrote:
Well if they're adding a new auto-salvage deployable structure, thats going to make the salvage bonus on the marauder pretty useless.

No crap... if only they gave the Marauders a bonus to this module

Edit... BTW

THAT IS FREAKING AWESOME!!!
Vivi Udan
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#4189 - 2013-09-26 21:03:22 UTC
Lair Osen wrote:
Well if they're adding a new auto-salvage deployable structure, thats going to make the salvage bonus on the marauder pretty useless.

The deployable module is for tractor beaming not salvaging
...kinda a big difference.

in which case the Marauder bonus is now officially useless. What?

The Mittani of House GoonWaffe, First of His name, King of the Goons and VFK, Master of griefing, Lord of the CFC, Warden of the West, and Protector of Deklein.

Joe Risalo
State War Academy
Caldari State
#4190 - 2013-09-26 21:07:55 UTC
Vivi Udan wrote:
Lair Osen wrote:

The deployable module is for tractor beaming not salvaging
...kinda a big difference.

in which case the Marauder bonus is now officially useless. What?

Well, the tractor bonus is useless, but they could give the marauders the capability to hold some of these(if you need more than one to be effective) and then give marauders a salvage bonus instead

This would actually make them a lot better
Moretic
Casual Slackers
#4191 - 2013-09-26 21:13:00 UTC
While I am neutral to these new changes and the idea of SoE ships I very much dislike the "hate" on drones.

Why not make a ship focused on drones ONLY ( caps and subcaps are drones and logi and also, not talking about figthers )

Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#4192 - 2013-09-26 21:31:52 UTC
Rapid Heavy Missile Golem for the win. Big smile

Iome Ambraelle
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#4193 - 2013-09-26 21:42:38 UTC
Arthur Aihaken wrote:

Agreed. That was about the only part of that show that really made me smile. Might actually be able to split your launchers and TPs and engage multiple targets simultaneously :)

Shield Tanking - Why armor tanking can't have nice things.

Iome Ambraelle
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#4194 - 2013-09-26 21:48:10 UTC
Also. I couldn't tell during the stream, but were they talking about a new tractor beam MODULE or deployable STRUCTURE? If it's a module, that works nicely with the Marauder bonus.

Shield Tanking - Why armor tanking can't have nice things.

Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#4195 - 2013-09-26 21:49:19 UTC
Iome Ambraelle wrote:
Arthur Aihaken wrote:

Agreed. That was about the only part of that show that really made me smile. Might actually be able to split your launchers and TPs and engage multiple targets simultaneously :)

That's what I was thinking too. They'll probably be slightly less for power requirements as well, and with a higher explosion velocity and smaller explosion radius they'll be deadly against cruisers and frigates. It's entirely possible that you won't even need target painters, which opens up a lot of possibilities with the mid slots.

Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#4196 - 2013-09-26 21:51:38 UTC
Iome Ambraelle wrote:
Also. I couldn't tell during the stream, but were they talking about a new tractor beam MODULE or deployable STRUCTURE? If it's a module, that works nicely with the Marauder bonus.

I think it's a structure that you deploy. The question is: how much cargo space it will occupy and whether NPCs will fire on it? Hopefully you'll be able to loot these without penalty as well...

Cassius Invictus
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#4197 - 2013-09-26 22:03:53 UTC
Really confused after the stream... whats the point of tractor beam bonus on marauders if there will be a special deployable structure for that...

Hope that what CCP stuff actually said is that their listening to feedback and the current iteration is not a final one.

Ps. Great job on sisters of eve ships. They rock both by design and concept behind them Big smile.
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#4198 - 2013-09-26 22:11:12 UTC
Cassius Invictus wrote:
Really confused after the stream... whats the point of tractor beam bonus on marauders if there will be a special deployable structure for that...

Hope that what CCP stuff actually said is that their listening to feedback and the current iteration is not a final one.

Ps. Great job on sisters of eve ships. They rock both by design and concept behind them Big smile.

None unless the structure is too large to fit. Perhaps a salvager bonus instead? Yeah, SoE ships rock. Here's hoping for a battleship as well...

Edora Madullier
French Kiss Singularity
#4199 - 2013-09-26 22:15:33 UTC
The Djego wrote:
Proper gank fitted laser ships are actually not to bad in minmatar space. My Paladin is nearly as fast as my Vargur, because most lower end NPCs have hardly any serious resistances(meaning the volley count is very similar) and conflagration deals very good damage against angels, because it got a lot of thermal damage.

Option A: MWDing in range, burn everything with max dps, loot BS on the fly.
Option B: MJD out of range, use low damage ammo, being unable to loot BS on the fly.

Guess what people that did spend 50+ days on marauder 5 and use them on a daily basis do with them?

Either your Vargur is s**t-fitted or your Paladin ultra pimped. Killing Angel Cartel with a Paladin is a PITA. In any case, I wouldn't trade the Tachyons' optimal range for 50 more DPS and a better tracking by using Pulses. I think in the long run, being able to shoot farther compensates this little DPS difference. I couldn't care less about the loot. It's so pitiful.

The Djego wrote:
Also it is fairly unlikely that you hit the gate perfectly and you will in most cases spend more time to slow boat to it after landing 5-8km off the gate, than somebody that just mwd's 10-15 km to it(at least if they don't make them all bricks)

Seriously, dude? A friend of mine and I use that all the time, and since the "hitbox" of the Acceleration Gates is so big, it doesn't really matter if you messed up a few degrees, you'll still be at 0 km. You should train a bit.
Shivanthar
#4200 - 2013-09-26 22:52:32 UTC
Ok, after coming from work, I've just watched ccp announcement for winter expansion. I'm done with this subject. My attitude is changed to positive. CCP, whoever came with the idea to create a deployable platform that gets all the wrecks together, send my salutes to them. Now, I can play with my Marauder.

Period & Shivanthar out.

_Half _the lies they tell about me **aren't **true.