These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Someone has a 'little' Napoleon complex..

First post
Author
Rhivre
TarNec
Invisible Exchequer
#21 - 2013-08-28 10:20:32 UTC
Arec Bardwin wrote:
I, too, feel fat after eating a tray of Napoleon Cake.

Did you bring enough for everyone?

If you have been hiding in the cupboard, secretly scoffing everyone elses portion of cake, then I am not surprised you feel a bit...full
Debora Tsung
Perkone
Caldari State
#22 - 2013-08-28 10:51:14 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
You will always click because you simply cannot resist the need to see the bitter and twisted posting of people who feel the need to post walls of text in an attempt to look like they are talking about more than grr goons.

Sad but true. Sad

Stupidity should be a bannable offense.

Fighting back is more fun than not.

Sticky: AFK Cloaking Thread It's not pretty, but it's there.

Eugene Kerner
TunDraGon
The Initiative.
#23 - 2013-08-28 11:04:43 UTC
well written and a lot of truth...

TunDraGon is recruiting! "Also, your boobs [:o] "   CCP Eterne, 2012 "When in doubt...make a diȼk joke." Robin Williams - RIP

Rhivre
TarNec
Invisible Exchequer
#24 - 2013-08-28 11:20:25 UTC
Original Article

In case anyone hasnt read it ^^
Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#25 - 2013-08-28 12:57:02 UTC
Rhivre wrote:
Original Article

Thanks.

That's some crappy article.
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#26 - 2013-08-28 13:00:43 UTC
Solstice Project wrote:
Rhivre wrote:
Original Article

Thanks.

It's the normal pretentious crap from The Grauniad, it's nearly as biased as the Daily Fail.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#27 - 2013-08-28 13:02:42 UTC
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Solstice Project wrote:
Rhivre wrote:
Original Article

Thanks.

It's the normal pretentious crap from The Grauniad, it's nearly as biased as the Daily Fail.

Grauniad. lol
Leigh Akiga
Kuhri Innovations
#28 - 2013-08-28 13:18:58 UTC
This is a bad thread
Rhivre
TarNec
Invisible Exchequer
#29 - 2013-08-28 13:52:08 UTC
Solstice Project wrote:
Rhivre wrote:
Original Article

Thanks.

Yeah, the author is an....interesting ^^....philosopher Philosopher dude wiki page
Khergit Deserters
Crom's Angels
#30 - 2013-08-28 15:08:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Khergit Deserters
Sorry if you've heard this story before, but... I once stood in line behind Steven Tyler of Aerosmith at an airport. Man, for being such a cocksure rock band front man, that guy sure is short.

Also: Napoleon wasn't really that short. It's just that he was usually surrounded by really tall grenadier bodyguards, and they were also wearing tall bearskin caps. (The caps were a meta-tool to make the guy look taller and more intimidating). Napoleon looked small in stature in comparison.
Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#31 - 2013-08-28 15:20:34 UTC
Khergit Deserters wrote:
Sorry if you've heard this story before, but... I once stood in line behind Steven Tyler of Aerosmith at an airport. Man, for being such a cocksure rock band front man, that guy sure is short.

Also: Napoleon wasn't really that short. It's just that he was usually surrounded by really tall grenadier bodyguards, and they were also wearing tall bearskin caps. (The caps were a meta-tool to make the guy look taller and more intimidating). Napoleon looked small in stature in comparison.

It should also be noted that aristocratic Frenchmen invented high heels by and for themselves, so they would not be looking up to the peasants. Considering who Napoleon was and his background, and height being of importance regarding the aristocracy (those that survived the revolution anyway), all this about Napoleon being short is par for the course.

To compare the goon leader to Napoleon is probably false. I liken him to be more like the boss from "Office Space" crossed with General Buck Turgidson from "Doctor Strangelove".

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Plastic Psycho
Necro-Economics
#32 - 2013-08-28 15:32:55 UTC
Poasting in a stealth 'Dig Me!' thread.

KuroVolt wrote:
Do you even understand what Napoleon Complex means?

I think the OP was referring to own-self. Lol
I Love Boobies
All Hail Boobies
#33 - 2013-08-28 15:33:51 UTC
Gotta love it when someone is famous in a game or whatever, they think they are famous the world over and let it get to their heads. 99.99999999999999999% of the world would just say "Who?" when gaming celebrities are mentioned.
Plastic Psycho
Necro-Economics
#34 - 2013-08-28 15:38:40 UTC
Khergit Deserters wrote:
Not as short as Donald 'Buck' Dharma. Lol

Quote:
5' 2" - In contemporary French measurement. 5' 6" to the rest of the world. Even by modern standards, not notably short.
Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#35 - 2013-08-28 16:33:37 UTC
Rhivre wrote:
Solstice Project wrote:
Rhivre wrote:
Original Article

Thanks.

Yeah, the author is an....interesting ^^....philosopher Philosopher dude wiki page

I had no idea a philosopher can write such shallow articles.
Spurty
#36 - 2013-08-28 16:36:11 UTC
One guy with an ego the size of France and uses 'just playing a game mate' as an excuse for his 'ego rubbing' needs doesn't make for a Napoleon complex.

Now, why so many are 'enchanted' by this is worth studying.

Sadly, we're already bored of their flashcard retorts to being poked.

There are good ships,

And wood ships,

And ships that sail the sea

But the best ships are Spaceships

Built by CCP

Captain Tardbar
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#37 - 2013-08-28 19:04:08 UTC
Well that is what part of my sig means...

That if you remove the restriction on morality, then your deep down emotions come out.

Looking to talk on VOIP with other EVE players? Are you new and need help with EVE (welfare) or looking for advice? Looking for adversarial debate with angry people?

Captain Tardbar's Voice Discord Server

Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#38 - 2013-08-28 19:19:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
Captain Tardbar wrote:

That if you remove the restriction on morality, then your deep down emotions come out.

Immoral and amoral are two entirely different things.

Immoral is having no morality, being wicked or evil. If you are immoral, you know what society considers right and wrong, yet you do wrong anyway.

Amoral is having no morals at all.

While many acts committed in Eve are considered immoral, given the lore, backstory, the societal norms of the factions and the general nature of the game they are actually amoral.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Caviar Liberta
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#39 - 2013-08-28 19:30:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Caviar Liberta
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Captain Tardbar wrote:

Immoral is having no morality, being wicked or evil. If you are immoral, you know what society considers right and wrong, yet you do wrong anyway.

While many acts committed in Eve are consider immoral, given the lore, backstory, the societal norms of the factions and the general nature of the game they are actually amoral.

This might help.

amoral - Lacking moral sensibility; not caring about right and wrong.
indifferent - without interest or concern; not caring; apathetic: his indifferent attitude toward the suffering of others.
apathetic - having or showing little or no emotion
Captain Tardbar
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#40 - 2013-08-28 19:45:58 UTC
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Captain Tardbar wrote:

While many acts committed in Eve are considered immoral, given the lore, backstory, the societal norms of the factions and the general nature of the game they are actually amoral.

Hrm... Well, I think people who gank know that ganking is considered wrong by society in game terms, but chose to enjoy doing it anyways. Nothing wrong with that.

If you don't realize it is wrong, then you must get confused everytime concord shoots you.

Looking to talk on VOIP with other EVE players? Are you new and need help with EVE (welfare) or looking for advice? Looking for adversarial debate with angry people?

Captain Tardbar's Voice Discord Server