These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Odyssey 1.1] Command Ships

First post First post First post
Author
Heribeck Weathers
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#901 - 2013-08-07 14:46:30 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:
....and caught up with this thread.

Updates based on your feedback coming very soon.

Your doing Amarrian gods work here Foz, keep it up
Lloyd Roses
Artificial Memories
#902 - 2013-08-07 14:46:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Lloyd Roses
Dav Varan wrote:
Nighhawk looks terrible.

It needs 6 mids and 4 lows and +250 grid at least to make it a viable choice over the other missile command the Claymore.

Looking at the 2 at the moment

NH has a less useful kin only damage bonus bonus.
33% less grid for only 5% more cpu
can only field 5 light drones versus meds
its slower , less agile
loses a useful mid to gain a worthless low.
It has less desirable gang bonuses.

Looking at the 2 and being able to fly both I can not find a single reason why I would choose a NH over a Clay.

When bufferfit and boosting shields, also 136k against 180k EHP, even though only 5 mids. Damage is higher, though limited to kinetic. Massive Blasterresists for the nighthawk (brawling), while the claymore is more suitable for tanking lasers/curators.

Nighthawk having bonused infolinks should already indicate that it is better suited for ewar-fleets (means it will probably be great for small gangs basing upon NH + curses/lachesis, leaving large fleets completely to the vulture with it's more appropriate PG to go 4+ links), while the claymore looks a lot more like a ship to link your current ABC-gang, going hit'n'run.

Can't see why you would even chose between them for a situation, one does one thing, other ship does another. Just cause they both shieldtank and use missiles doesn't mean they are competing for certain scenarios.
Eldrith Jhandar
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#903 - 2013-08-07 14:50:33 UTC
You guys figured out what it takes to be an effective active tanker when you balanced the Hyperion
(5 mids 7 lows)
And I'm excited to see the updates
Jerick Ludhowe
Internet Tuff Guys
#904 - 2013-08-07 15:05:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Jerick Ludhowe
CCP Fozzie wrote:

Pirate
Any news on when these changes may hit a test server?
MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#905 - 2013-08-07 15:14:42 UTC
Jerick Ludhowe wrote:
CCP Fozzie wrote:

Pirate

When vacation is over id say late August early September

There are no stupid Questions... just stupid people... CCP Goliath wrote:

Ugh ti-di pooping makes me sad.

bloodknight2
Revenu.Quebec
#906 - 2013-08-07 15:20:27 UTC
sten mattson wrote:
The abso needs a fourth mid! 3mids is fine and dandy on an omen but this is an effin command ship!!

This.
I love my abso and i was *really* hoping to see a fourth med OR a third rig (on all CS).
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#907 - 2013-08-07 15:20:40 UTC
MeBiatch wrote:
Jerick Ludhowe wrote:
CCP Fozzie wrote:

Pirate

When vacation is over id say late August early September

I"m either working the wrong job, or in the wrong country... one or the other (possibly both). Smile

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Wrayeth
Inexorable Retribution
#908 - 2013-08-07 15:26:40 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:

Awesome. Hopefully we'll be seeing meaningful changes coming to the nighthawk so I have a reason to go out and buy one again. :D

I sold off my last PvP nighthawk a long time ago because it just wasn't up to par in combat. :(
CCP Fozzie
C C P
C C P Alliance
#909 - 2013-08-07 15:36:35 UTC
Jerick Ludhowe wrote:
CCP Fozzie wrote:

Pirate

ASAP. We actually had planned for them to already be on SISI but the build ran into some problems. We have our best people on it.

Game Designer | Team Five-0

Twitter: @CCP_Fozzie
Twitch chat: ccp_fozzie

Jerick Ludhowe
Internet Tuff Guys
#910 - 2013-08-07 15:37:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Jerick Ludhowe
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Jerick Ludhowe wrote:
CCP Fozzie wrote:

Pirate

ASAP. We actually had planned for them to already be on SISI but the build ran into some problems. We have our best people on it.

YES!

Can i expect to see rozzie and friends killing angry forum dwellers?
CCP Fozzie
C C P
C C P Alliance
#911 - 2013-08-07 15:42:47 UTC
Update time!
We've also got updates in the gang links and bonuses thread that you will all probably want to read.

Absolution:
-200 Shield
+100 Armor
+100 Hull

Damnation:
+100 Shield
-300 Armor
+100 Hull

Nighthawk:
+75 PWG
  • Shifting strength between the two dps bonuses adds 1 effective launcher (now 11) and especially increases damage dealt with non-kin missiles. Post-patch Nighthawk does the same damage with non-kin missiles as current nighthawk, and 1 more effective launcher with kin. (Plus all the other buffs)
  • Kinetic missile bonus changed to 7.5% per level of Caldari BC
    Missile RoF bonus changed to 7.5% per level of Command Ships

Astarte:
    +100 Armor
  • Shifting strength between the bonuses adds an extra 1 effective turret (11, vs 10 in the initial proposal and 10.9 on TQ now).
  • Medium Hybrid damage bonus changed to 7.5% per level of Gallente BC
    Medium Hybrid RoF bonus changed to 7.5% per level of Command Ships

Eos:
    -300 Shield
    +500 Armor
    +300 Hull

We're moving the gang link bonuses for command ships back to the command ships skill, at 3% per level instead of the 15% role bonus.

I recognize that a lot of people are unhappy with the existence of active repair bonuses on half of these ships, but I think that giving all command ships buffer bonuses isn't the right way to go. I believe that the four skirmish bonused command ships will all be viable for people who choose not to use the repair bonuses after this patch.

Ranger 1
    Ranger Corp
    Vae. Victis.
    #912 - 2013-08-07 15:42:58 UTC
    CCP Fozzie wrote:
    Jerick Ludhowe wrote:
    CCP Fozzie wrote:

Pirate

Don't worry Dr. Jones, we have top men working on it.

Whom exactly?

"Top... men"!

Smile

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Omnathious Deninard
    University of Caille
    Gallente Federation
    #913 - 2013-08-07 15:45:30 UTC
    CCP Fozzie wrote:
    Update time!
    We've also got updates in the gang links and bonuses thread that you will all probably want to read.

Absolution:
    -200 Shield
    +100 Armor
    +100 Hull

Damnation:
    +100 Shield
    -300 Armor
    +100 Hull

Nighthawk:
    +75 PWG
  • Shifting strength between the two dps bonuses adds 1 effective launcher (now 11) and especially increases damage dealt with non-kin missiles. Post-patch Nighthawk does the same damage with non-kin missiles as current nighthawk, and 1 more effective launcher with kin. (Plus all the other buffs)

Astarte:
    +100 Armor
  • Shifting strength between the bonuses adds an extra 1 effective turret (11, vs 10 in the initial proposal and 10.9 on TQ now).

Eos:
    -300 Shield
    +500 Armor
    +300 Hull

We're moving the gang link bonuses for command ships back to the command ships skill, at 3% per level instead of the 15% role bonus.

I recognize that a lot of people are unhappy with the existence of active repair bonuses on half of these ships, but I think that giving all command ships buffer bonuses isn't the right way to go. I believe that the four skirmish bonused command ships will all be viable for people who choose not to use the repair bonuses after this patch.

Will they be getting a 3rd command ship bonus then or will we be losing the replaced bonus?

What about the very slender drone bay of the Eos?

If you don't follow the rules, neither will I.

Maximus Andendare
    Stimulus
    Rote Kapelle
    #914 - 2013-08-07 15:45:43 UTC
    CCP Fozzie wrote:
    Update time!

Absolution:
    -200 Shield
    +100 Armor
    +100 Hull

Damnation:
    +100 Shield
    -300 Armor
    +100 Hull

Nighthawk:
    +75 PWG

Astarte:
    +100 Armor

Eos:
    -300 Shield
    +500 Armor
    +300 Hull

Are you still happy with the Damnation's dual tank bonuses and how that effectively makes the Damnation the only viable fleet command ship?

Enter grid and you're already dead, destined to be reborn and fight another day.

>> Play Eve Online FREE! Join today for exclusive bonuses! <<

CCP Fozzie
    C C P
    C C P Alliance
    #915 - 2013-08-07 15:47:26 UTC
    Omnathious Deninard wrote:

Will they be getting a 3rd command ship bonus then or will we be losing the replaced bonus?

What about the very slender drone bay of the Eos?

3rd bonus, and I think the Eos' drone bay will be quite sufficient, especially considering that we're leaning it slightly towards the shorter range brawler role.

Altrue
    Exploration Frontier inc
    Tactical-Retreat
    #916 - 2013-08-07 15:47:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Altrue
    Why keeping 5 low slots for the nighthawk ? Why does a minmatar ship have more medslots than a caldari one ? u_u

Edit : Is the Vulture seriously considered to be a sniper ?

Are Caldari Command Ships definitively left on the side of the road ?

Signature Tanking Best Tanking

[Ex-F] CEO - Eve-guides.fr

Ultimate Citadel Guide - 2016 EVE Career Chart

CCP Fozzie
    C C P
    C C P Alliance
    #917 - 2013-08-07 15:48:36 UTC
    Maximus Andendare wrote:
    Are you still happy with the Damnation's dual tank bonuses and how that effectively makes the Damnation the only viable fleet command ship?

I considered dropping the armor hp bonus from the Damnation, but in the end I think it's ok for it to have a strong identity, even if that identity makes it more popular than the others for large fleet warfare.

MeBiatch
    GRR GOONS
    #918 - 2013-08-07 15:48:57 UTC
    CCP Fozzie wrote:

IMO the repper bonus would not be bad if it also included incomming RR and an aditional reduction in cap activation cost.

I know you dont want to do the RR but lets be honnest with the current meta and how tidi works the game is situated towards alpha for fleet fights... there is no way around it. and cutting off the skill being effective past small gang warfare is just a waste.

There are no stupid Questions... just stupid people... CCP Goliath wrote:

Ugh ti-di pooping makes me sad.

Harvey James
    The Sengoku Legacy
    #919 - 2013-08-07 15:49:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Harvey James
    CCP Fozzie wrote:
    Update time!

Absolution:
    -200 Shield
    +100 Armor
    +100 Hull

Damnation:
    +100 Shield
    -300 Armor
    +100 Hull

Nighthawk:
    +75 PWG

Astarte:
    +100 Armor

Eos:
    -300 Shield
    +500 Armor
    +300 Hull

REALLY!!! 45 pages and this is all you come back with completely ignoring the issues being talked about
    - lack of slots
    -Vulture is ignored completely seriously is it a sniper???? more dps its meant to be a blaster boat and mobility
    - ignored sleipnir being a armour alternative ( hurricane model) and the fact that minnie is 50/50 should be reflected here
    - HP is still lacking / active tank is ridiculous on fleet ships non of these are kiters/solo ships.........
    - Damnation is still overtanky compared to the rest but dps is still pretty low
    - Also why has the Eos still got a Hybrid tracking bonus? who's going to use it?

T3's need to be versatile so no rigs are necessary ... they should not have OP dps and tank

ABC's should be T2, remove drone assist, separate HAM's and Torps range, -3 HS for droneboats

Nerf web strength, Make the blaster Eagle worth using

Ranger 1
    Ranger Corp
    Vae. Victis.
    #920 - 2013-08-07 15:49:30 UTC
    Quote:
    Damnation:
    +100 Shield
    -300 Armor
    +100 Hull

Ack!

I think they call that inappropriate touching. Ugh