These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Mittani interviewed by MMORPG about current EvE neglect

First post
Author
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#41 - 2011-09-08 21:14:28 UTC
Oglyn wrote:
Denidil wrote:
Oglyn wrote:


%BITTER%


i can see from your employment history that you're a newbie. so let me explain something to you about people in 0.0


not everyone in 0.0 is really a "0.0 alliance" per se. some of them are something we call "renters". they pay one of the real 0.0 alliances protection money and in return get to live in their space and carebear (hey.. nothing really wrong with that - we need carebears to build us ships and guns). some of them even pay enough that they get to hold sov. when you see "X Citizens" that's a renter alliance. not all of them use that naming convention.

you cannot properly count renters are part of the alliance.



Thanks for that - I'll pass that information on to someone who values your condescending attitude.

I would really appreciate it if you could do me a pie chart showing the ratio of renters in the #1 alliance and then one showing the same for the #2 alliance. I am sure you have those exact figures to hand, what with you being so superior an' all.



>99% of Shadows members are renters. The alliance executor and other members of the executor corp will be XiX alts - basically they're the rent collectors.

In the narrowest pedantic sense, Mittens was incorrect to say that he led the largest alliance. In any sense that actually matters, he's spot on. In any case, it's trivial.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Koroz
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#42 - 2011-09-08 21:14:45 UTC
Kilrayn wrote:
As a relatively new player, seeing information like this helps me to better understand the veteran player's point of view (and I'm not referring to the trolling obviously). I've only been playing since tyrannis, so the shear depth of what already is in game has kept me more than occupied. If there hasn't been any FiS content added since apocrypha, I can totally understand why incarnia angered so many. It added nothing, I don't even use CQ, i just stare the door.

To those veterans who are truly trying to help us understand the situation and improve it, I thank you.


When you see new guys posting this it really proves our point. Been playing eve for 5 years, I have seen the best of CCP and how amazing they can be but sadly at the moment I think we are currently seeing the worst of CCP. They seem to have taken us EVE players for granted and assumed that we would keep paying our subs to fund any project that the wished to pursue.

EVE is an excellent game even though there has been no real updates to FiS in a long time; but the player-base (at least those of us who have been here for a while and have a great deal invested in the game) are worried about the future direction of EVE.

oh ps: Mittens <3 you, I didn't think anyone could galvanize the EVE community quite like this but you and the current CSM certainly have done your jobs well.
Vertisce Soritenshi
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#43 - 2011-09-08 21:15:21 UTC
Damn...Mittani sure is full of himself.

Can't say I disagree with him but at the same time I think Incarna does have it's place.

I don't miss a single player that left simply because of Incarna or Microtransactions.

I do agree that it is time for a full out space only expansion. More 0.0...more WH space...balance ships. New ships and update all the ships graphically at once. Lets see some more T3's.

Bounties for all! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2279821#post2279821

Denidil
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#44 - 2011-09-08 21:17:46 UTC
as for adding new systems? no please. the space we have is already under-utilized. make lowsec desireable to be in, and discourage huge powerblocs in nullsec.

Tedium and difficulty are not the same thing, if you don't realize this then STFU about game design.

Oglyn
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#45 - 2011-09-08 21:17:49 UTC
Malcanis wrote:

In the narrowest pedantic sense, Mittens was incorrect to say that he led the largest alliance. In any sense that actually matters, he's spot on. In any case, it's trivial.


I actually made that point in another post. Of course it is trivial.
My point was, why open yourself to attack because of stupid oversights?

If he is going to effectively represent the player base he has to get it right, otherwise it is all too easy to drive a wedge in.
Nicolo da'Vicenza
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#46 - 2011-09-08 21:19:29 UTC
Just keepin 'em honest.
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#47 - 2011-09-08 21:22:25 UTC
Koroz wrote:
(CCP) seem to have taken us EVE players for granted and assumed that we would keep paying our subs to fund any project that the wished to pursue.


This is the core of the problem.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Avon
#48 - 2011-09-08 21:25:55 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
Koroz wrote:
(CCP) seem to have taken us EVE players for granted and assumed that we would keep paying our subs to fund any project that the wished to pursue.


This is the core of the problem.


Not quite, I'm fine with them funding any project they want BUT NOT AT THE EXPENSE OF EVE DEVELOPMENT.

That is the core of the problem. A subtle distinction, but an important one I think.
Cipher Jones
The Thomas Edwards Taco Tuesday All Stars
#49 - 2011-09-08 21:44:10 UTC
Alex Sinai wrote:
Nicolo da'Vicenza wrote:
Quote:
I'm the leader of the largest alliance in EVE (Goonswarm Federation) which contains about seven thousand pilots,


http://evemaps.dotlan.net/alliance/memberCount

Quote:
1. Shadow of xXDEATHXx 7624
2. Goonswarm Federation 6793


and that was just the opening sentence :csm:




And that opening sentence is entirely correct.
About seven thousand pilots. Not exactly seven thousand, not above seven thousand, not more then seven thousand. About seven thousand which is more or less.

What you attempt to imply here Nicolo da'Vicenza? Lack of English language skills? Google translate can help in that case.


Did you figure it out yet? I can articulate it for you, but I think you keep liking my posts "sarcastically"?



internet spaceships

are serious business sir.

and don't forget it

Reva Dantenov
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#50 - 2011-09-08 21:44:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Reva Dantenov
Oglyn wrote:
Denidil wrote:
Oglyn wrote:


%BITTER%


i can see from your employment history that you're a newbie. so let me explain something to you about people in 0.0


not everyone in 0.0 is really a "0.0 alliance" per se. some of them are something we call "renters". they pay one of the real 0.0 alliances protection money and in return get to live in their space and carebear (hey.. nothing really wrong with that - we need carebears to build us ships and guns). some of them even pay enough that they get to hold sov. when you see "X Citizens" that's a renter alliance. not all of them use that naming convention.

you cannot properly count renters are part of the alliance.



Thanks for that - I'll pass that information on to someone who values your condescending attitude.

I would really appreciate it if you could do me a pie chart showing the ratio of renters in the #1 alliance and then one showing the same for the #2 alliance. I am sure you have those exact figures to hand, what with you being so superior an' all.



A pie chart isn't really the appropriate format, but I can do you a bar graph

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/9563/graphwv.png

Hope this helps~

Ponies ponies ponies ponies.

Gaia Ma'chello
V.I.C.E.
#51 - 2011-09-08 21:52:01 UTC
I'm completely missing something about this "war on the management of CCP". What if they simply ignore it? Say nothing and keep doing what they are doing in allocating resources?

The goal of the war is to get a better game by having more resources used on Eve. Helping to kill off subscriptions, lowering the resources available, does not seem to be a way to get that goal.

What am I missing? How can we pressure CCP, other than trying to kill the game we are trying to save?
DrDan21
Perkone
Caldari State
#52 - 2011-09-08 21:58:11 UTC
Oglyn wrote:
Denidil wrote:
Oglyn wrote:


%BITTER%


i can see from your employment history that you're a newbie. so let me explain something to you about people in 0.0


not everyone in 0.0 is really a "0.0 alliance" per se. some of them are something we call "renters". they pay one of the real 0.0 alliances protection money and in return get to live in their space and carebear (hey.. nothing really wrong with that - we need carebears to build us ships and guns). some of them even pay enough that they get to hold sov. when you see "X Citizens" that's a renter alliance. not all of them use that naming convention.

you cannot properly count renters are part of the alliance.



Thanks for that - I'll pass that information on to someone who values your condescending attitude.

I would really appreciate it if you could do me a pie chart showing the ratio of renters in the #1 alliance and then one showing the same for the #2 alliance. I am sure you have those exact figures to hand, what with you being so superior an' all.



haha, it's funny because GSF and TEST currently have a combined total of 0 renters
The Mittani
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#53 - 2011-09-08 21:58:23 UTC
Gaia Ma'chello wrote:
I'm completely missing something about this "war on the management of CCP". What if they simply ignore it? Say nothing and keep doing what they are doing in allocating resources?

The goal of the war is to get a better game by having more resources used on Eve. Helping to kill off subscriptions, lowering the resources available, does not seem to be a way to get that goal.

What am I missing? How can we pressure CCP, other than trying to kill the game we are trying to save?


You might be missing a lot, since there's no 'war'. The CSM is exerting pressure as a community to try to get the management to allocate more resources to the game we all love - a SPACESHIP game.

The CSM has not called for unsubs, or for 'war'. I'd suggest you start reading primary sources, rather than hyperbolic summaries on eve-o.

~hi~

Esan Vartesa
Samarkand Financial
#54 - 2011-09-08 22:01:54 UTC
Gaia Ma'chello wrote:
I'm completely missing something about this "war on the management of CCP". What if they simply ignore it? Say nothing and keep doing what they are doing in allocating resources?

The goal of the war is to get a better game by having more resources used on Eve. Helping to kill off subscriptions, lowering the resources available, does not seem to be a way to get that goal.

What am I missing? How can we pressure CCP, other than trying to kill the game we are trying to save?



Look up the Judgement of Solomon


Gaia Ma'chello
V.I.C.E.
#55 - 2011-09-08 22:05:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Gaia Ma'chello
The Mittani wrote:
........

The CSM is exerting pressure as a community to try to get the management to allocate more resources to the game we all love - a SPACESHIP game.
......



But if CCP management chooses to ignores you, ingnore the press, ignore the comments from the community and so on, how can you put any pressure on them at all?
Rainus Max
Fusion Enterprises Ltd
Reckless Contingency.
#56 - 2011-09-08 22:13:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Rainus Max
Gaia Ma'chello wrote:
The Mittani wrote:
........

The CSM is exerting pressure as a community to try to get the management to allocate more resources to the game we all love - a SPACESHIP game.
......



But if CCP management chooses to ignores you, ingnore the press, ignore the comments from the community and so on, how can you put any pressure on them at all?


I think the simple answer to that is you cant, CCP will continue to dive towards the floor and Eve dies a slow and painful death.
The Mittani
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#57 - 2011-09-08 22:16:17 UTC
Gaia Ma'chello wrote:
The Mittani wrote:
........

The CSM is exerting pressure as a community to try to get the management to allocate more resources to the game we all love - a SPACESHIP game.
......



But if CCP management chooses to ignores you, ingnore the press, ignore the comments from the community and so on, how can you put any pressure on them at all?


Historically CCP management is quite reactive to the press. See: Monoclegate, T20, Summer of Rage. It's actually the only consistently effective tactic that players have found to get CCP's management to change their course.

As much as you might want to wring your hands in hysteria, media pressure as an effective strategy is not new, and this is not the first time it has been deployed.

~hi~

Sha Dar
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#58 - 2011-09-08 22:16:43 UTC
The easiest way to pressure them is to kill their alleged new golden geese.. Those NEW players in the 0-7 month bracket that ccp are specifically targetting.

Make their game lives hell. You take ALL the fun out of the game from the day they sign up to the day they leave, and take away that which ccp desires the most. Gullible noobies prepared to fully support this Pay2win garbage.

When they are all over the forums screaming blue murder about how they are being "griefed" out of the game, then you can be assured ccp will listen. New subs flatline, ccp have to act fast to redress the tipping balance.... THEN they may listen to reason.

Anything else will just be ignored, deflected by CSM bootlicking as in the recent past, or just trampled over....

The purpose of life is not to make a living, but to make a difference...

Gaia Ma'chello
V.I.C.E.
#59 - 2011-09-08 22:18:25 UTC
Rainus Max wrote:
Gaia Ma'chello wrote:
The Mittani wrote:
........

The CSM is exerting pressure as a community to try to get the management to allocate more resources to the game we all love - a SPACESHIP game.
......



But if CCP management chooses to ignores you, ingnore the press, ignore the comments from the community and so on, how can you put any pressure on them at all?


I think the simple answer to that is you dont, CCP will continue to dive towards the floor and Eve dies a slow and painful death.


Then I'm right back to my original question: If all this activity to put pressure on CCP will not prevent the event of "Eve dies a slow and painful death", then why do it? Wouldn't it be better to spend our time figuring out something what would work? (No I'm not sure what that would be. The best Ive thought of is face to face meetings with the investors of CCP).
Jowen Datloran
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#60 - 2011-09-08 22:21:06 UTC
There is just this slight issue with DUST already being announced to be released next year. I have no doubt CCP management will throw any and all resources at this for it to accomplish and getting them to prioritize differently in any greater level will be practically impossible.

Mr. Science & Trade Institute, EVE Online Lorebook