These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

Tayra is a terrible name for a caldari ship.

First post
Author
masternerdguy
Doomheim
#1 - 2013-07-17 04:20:57 UTC
Caldari ships (mostly) are named after birds and mythical creatures (sometimes even mythical birds).

You cannot name the Badger II the Tayra as a Tayra is neither, and therefore is breaking the theme naming.

Now not EVERY caldari ship fits this naming scheme, but the vast majority do. And you are making it even worse by adding another out of theme name.

Things are only impossible until they are not.

Donbe Scurred
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2013-07-17 04:49:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Donbe Scurred
Oh man, I hope this is a troll. Of all the things to rage about.

If troll 5/10, sort of creative.

If not troll, please place tears in jar and be happy they are re-balancing whether or not they continue with or without naming convention.

Also, you realize a Tayra is sort of like a badger right? Or was that the troll?
Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#3 - 2013-07-17 05:12:59 UTC
I wasn't aware a Badger was a mythical creature, what part of the world do you come from that they are mythical creatures known only to you via far off and long forgotten by most legends.
Riot Girl
You'll Cowards Don't Even Smoke Crack
#4 - 2013-07-17 05:21:24 UTC
A Badger is a legendary bird of prey.
C DeLeon
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#5 - 2013-07-17 05:48:35 UTC
An educational video for OP about badgers.
Christopher AET
Lethal Injection Inc.
Pandemic Legion
#6 - 2013-07-17 06:02:44 UTC
I call my lil girl tayra and don't gimme no sass. I'm a strong independent black woman who don't need no man!

I drain ducks of their moisture for sustenance.

Aquila Shadow
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#7 - 2013-07-17 07:10:16 UTC
A Caracal is wild African cat.

"Let Vigilance Be Your Sword"

Asuka Solo
I N E X T R E M I S
Tactical Narcotics Team
#8 - 2013-07-17 07:45:42 UTC
masternerdguy wrote:
Caldari ships (mostly) are named after birds and mythical creatures (sometimes even mythical birds).

You cannot name the Badger II the Tayra as a Tayra is neither, and therefore is breaking the theme naming.

Now not EVERY caldari ship fits this naming scheme, but the vast majority do. And you are making it even worse by adding another out of theme name.

The Badger isn't a bird or a mythical creature to begin with.

Just sayin.

Eve is about Capital ships, WiS, Boobs, PI and Isk!

Miilla
Hulkageddon Orphanage
#9 - 2013-07-17 08:36:15 UTC
I hope they nerf badgers, they are lethal and can kill Dramiels.
Muad 'dib
The Nine Nine
#10 - 2013-07-17 08:42:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Muad 'dib
A naga is a type of large seagull, that steals bikes

Cosmic signature detected. . . . http://i.imgur.com/Z7NfIS6.jpg I got 99 likes, and this post aint one.

Debora Tsung
Perkone
Caldari State
#11 - 2013-07-17 09:20:06 UTC
Riot Girl wrote:
A Badger is a legendary bird of prey.

They're said to eat lots of mushrooms, too.

Stupidity should be a bannable offense.

Fighting back is more fun than not.

Sticky: AFK Cloaking Thread It's not pretty, but it's there.

CCP Fozzie
C C P
C C P Alliance
#12 - 2013-07-17 09:27:54 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Fozzie
How do you know that all the animals Caldari ships are named after aren't considered mythical in the post-gate New Eden? I imagine that when they have larps on Eve's planets they are dreaming of a magical fantasy world with such fantastical creatures as Ravens, Badgers, Kitsunes and Tayras.

Game Designer | Team Five-0

Twitter: @CCP_Fozzie
Twitch chat: ccp_fozzie

dexington
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#13 - 2013-07-17 09:32:37 UTC
Someone must have done something right, if the biggest problem is the name, but i guess whiners gonna whine...

I'm a relatively respectable citizen. Multiple felon perhaps, but certainly not dangerous.

Azami Nevinyrall
#14 - 2013-07-17 10:05:03 UTC
dexington wrote:
Someone must have done something right, if the biggest problem is the name, but i guess whiners gonna whine...

No matter what is done, someone will find something to ***** about...

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#15 - 2013-07-17 11:07:01 UTC
masternerdguy wrote:

Let's start with the Scorpion.....................also, who cares ?

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Seven Koskanaiken
Shadow Legions.
Pandemic Horde
#16 - 2013-07-17 11:15:41 UTC
Sounds like a maury povich guest waiting to happen.
Zaknussem
Everybody Loves Donuts
#17 - 2013-07-17 11:17:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Zaknussem
Nevyn Auscent wrote:
I wasn't aware a Badger was a mythical creature, what part of the world do you come from that they are mythical creatures known only to you via far off and long forgotten by most legends.

Well, there's always this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nG01ZFiQIKU

There are a couple of Caldari ship names that I do no like as they "break the mold". The Golem, for example. Also the Onyx. Neither are birds, neither are animals, one is a lump of quartz and the other is an uppity lump of clay!

What's next, the Cummingtonite? (Yes, it's a mineral.)
Knacker Lover
Doomheim
#18 - 2013-07-17 11:25:49 UTC
Miilla wrote:
I hope they nerf badgers, they are lethal and can kill Dramiels.

Badgers are getting nerfed. They are being culled and being given contraceptives:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/as-well-as-cull-contraceptives-lined-up-for-badgers-in-battle-against-farm-tb-8688727.html
KuroVolt
The Legion of Spoon
Curatores Veritatis Alliance
#19 - 2013-07-17 11:39:02 UTC
I personally think Twinky would be a fitting name for a ship.

After all, it is now a mythical creature aswell.

BoBwins Law: As a discussion/war between two large nullsec entities grows longer, the probability of one comparing the other to BoB aproaches near certainty.

War Kitten
Panda McLegion
#20 - 2013-07-17 11:43:13 UTC  |  Edited by: War Kitten
CCP Fozzie wrote:
How do you know that all the animals Caldari ships are named after aren't considered mythical in the post-gate New Eden? I imagine that when they have larps on Eve's planets they are dreaming of a magical fantasy world with such fantastical creatures as Ravens, Badgers, Kitsunes and Tayras.

The next Caldari ship needs to be a Panda then.

They're bound to be extinct and mythical by this time period.

EDIT: Plus it might get more WoW converts - let the Panda ship be a monk or maybe a shaman class.

I don't judge people by their race, religion, color, size, age, gender, or ethnicity. I judge them by their grammar, spelling, syntax, punctuation, clarity of expression, and logical consistency.

123Next pageLast page