These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

Republic denies Senate request to join Midular funeral procession

Author
Ava Starfire
Khushakor Clan
Of Questionable Repute
#21 - 2013-07-04 14:30:47 UTC
We do not want a funeral for our beloved chief to become a political and media circus.

Sorry you're not ok with that.

"There is no strength in numbers; have no such misconception." -Jayka Vofur, "Warfare in the North"

James Syagrius
Reclamation
#22 - 2013-07-04 14:52:11 UTC  |  Edited by: James Syagrius
Ava Starfire wrote:
We do not want a funeral for our beloved chief to become a political and media circus.

And yet more contemptuous disregard.

This time from one with the blood of Colelie still on her hands.

If Midular could speak to us one wonders what she would say.

Most likely. "Where were all these people with I was thrown out of office?"

But still, I find the Tribals new found love for her... touching.

I suppose better late than never.
Anatole Madullier
Alexylva Paradox
#23 - 2013-07-04 14:57:55 UTC
Jorden Ishonen wrote:
Anatole Madullier wrote:
If anyone, and I do mean anyone in this cluster decides to go to the funeral procession it should be done because of personal conviction and respect towards the Ray.

"Hey, let's have a funeral for this noted proponent of peace in the cluster. What? The Federation Senate wants to come and express commitment towards restoring peace between the Republic and Federation? SCREW THEM!"

I think you might have misread the article. I don't think the Tribal Council ever said "SCREW THEM" anywhere in their statement. Perhaps we should stop superimposing our feelings and experiences on this news article, and leave it at that.

Ava Starfire wrote:

I will cease the debate. My belated condolences.

Fly safe, fly free.

Jorden Ishonen
Doomheim
#24 - 2013-07-04 14:59:37 UTC
It's a funeral for a well-known political leader. Like it or not, it's already a political and media circus. The Federation knows this, the Republic knows this. That's what makes it an effective snub.
Che Biko
Alexylva Paradox
#25 - 2013-07-04 15:09:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Che Biko
Ok, the Senate stretches out a hand, hoping for the Republic to shake it. The Republic says "Not right now, this is not a suitable time."

While (or because) I can not fully understand why the Republic would think it is disrespectful to engage in diplomatic gestures at a funeral of someone who was quite a diplomat herself, or why this is so important to them that they risk further damage to an already strained relationship, I will not judge them for it. My lack of knowledge about the Matari culture and customs probably makes properly judging this incident beyond my capabilities.

I do hope the republic realizes that it is now their turn to offer a hand for a shake.
Ava Starfire
Khushakor Clan
Of Questionable Repute
#26 - 2013-07-04 15:37:11 UTC
James Syagrius wrote:
Ava Starfire wrote:

You do not suffer from an overabundance of education, I see.

"There is no strength in numbers; have no such misconception." -Jayka Vofur, "Warfare in the North"

Caellach Marellus
Stormcrows
#27 - 2013-07-04 15:42:28 UTC
I advise some people in here to follow the approach the Senate has taken to this and cease pursuing this matter further.

Arguing when someone has denied your request to circumtstances under their control is an action best left for others.

When your gut instincts tell you something is wrong, trust them. When your heart tells you something is right, ignore it, check with your brain first. Accept nothing, challenge everything.

TomHorn
Silk Road Dark Web
#28 - 2013-07-04 15:47:55 UTC
Let us also remember Gerne Broteau today. He was brutaly murdered by the Republic justice system. Let us remember and show our respect to him with a minutes silence also. I will pay mine, by lighting a candle when i return home later on tonight.

I am no lover of the heathens. Criminal race who have no use or worth, apart from being slaves and used as workforce.
Aquila Shadow
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#29 - 2013-07-04 16:23:22 UTC
The Republic didn't say they couldn't attend, they said they couldn't attend in an official capacity.

Sooo casual attire?

"Let Vigilance Be Your Sword"

Toluijin Chagangan
Doomheim
#30 - 2013-07-04 20:55:38 UTC
James Syagrius wrote:
Ava Starfire wrote:

Syagrius, Considering your current affiliation and support of an Angel Cartel loyalist group, let me make this one thing abundantly clear :

You have no place commenting on Matari affairs.

Seven Tribes.
One Matari People.
Toluijin Chagangan
Doomheim
#31 - 2013-07-04 21:24:42 UTC
TomHorn wrote:
Let us also remember Gerne Broteau today. He was brutaly murdered by the Republic justice system. Let us remember and show our respect to him with a minutes silence also. I will pay mine, by lighting a candle when i return home later on tonight.

I am no lover of the heathens. Criminal race who have no use or worth, apart from being slaves and used as workforce.

REDACTED
You're not even a hethite anymore Horn, just a troll.
Grow up.
James Syagrius
Reclamation
#32 - 2013-07-04 22:27:31 UTC
Ava Starfire wrote:
James Syagrius wrote:
Ava Starfire wrote:

You do not suffer from an overabundance of education, I see.

Nor you my dear of fresh water and soap.

But then who am I to judge cultural proclivities.
Gosakumori Noh
End Of Mankind
#33 - 2013-07-04 22:38:06 UTC
Ava Starfire wrote:

At least she was "beloved" once she got shot in the head and turned in to a political and media circus. Prior to that, your little band of halfwits wasn't exactly singing her praises, now, was it "shaman?"

You superficial imbeciles still haven't figured out what your "beloved chief's" life actually stood for. Big shock, that.
James Syagrius
Reclamation
#34 - 2013-07-04 22:52:29 UTC
Toluijin Chagangan wrote:
Syagrius, Considering your current affiliation and support of an Angel Cartel loyalist group, let me make this one thing abundantly clear :

You have no place commenting on Matari affairs.

I am a Cartel employee, loyalist not so much. A small distinction but still.

When however the Tribal Council through arrogance, stupidity or both insulted the collective peoples of the Federation through their Senate, it becomes a bit more that a "Matari matter."
Katran Luftschreck
Royal Ammatar Engineering Corps
#35 - 2013-07-05 06:52:30 UTC
Ava Starfire wrote:

Translation: "We lost too many dreads at Colelie to blow up the Federation envoys."

http://youtu.be/t0q2F8NsYQ0

Ollie Rundle
#36 - 2013-07-05 10:41:45 UTC
Aelisha wrote:
I see nothing of particularly startling or worrying nature here, just the media bleating on about the reasonable request to keep politics out of an important funeral.

It's the media bleating that is the item of interest here. The Senate's request was made privately, as per the article.

The only reason for it now to be public is because it was leaked - probably in the hopes of casting one side or the other in poor light and in increasing the political instability between the two factional allies.

So the only question worth asking is who stands to gain from such an outcome.
Streya Jormagdnir
Alexylva Paradox
#37 - 2013-07-05 13:06:09 UTC
I pretty much fully agree with my comrade Anatole.

This is a delicate, deeply spiritual matter which must be approached with care. So far it seems like the Federation Senate understands this, if they're choosing not to pursue the matter.

I am also a human, straggling between the present world... and our future. I am a regulator, a coordinator, one who is meant to guide the way.

Destination Unreachable: the worst Wspace blog ever

Erys Charantes
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#38 - 2013-07-06 11:19:19 UTC
The request was made in good faith... And the denial was worded similarly, clearly with no insult intended, merely a statement of facts. Frankly, if the Matari wish to keep Midulars funeral from becoming more of a spectacle than threads like this make it into, that's their right, and their choice to make. As was said, it's a delicate affair, and should be handled as such.

I'm sure there will be plenty of debating, arguing, accusing, and more media sensationalism to come... So this, at least, should remain inviolate, as much as possible.

My condolences to the Sebiestor, and all Minmatar... Regardless of the success or failure of her tenure, from any point of view, I've always considered Midular someone to be admired. She did the one thing that so few do when faced with harsh realities. She tried to do something better than spill blood.

That's a legacy worth carrying on.
Diana Kim
Caldari Colonial Defense Ministry
Templis CALSF
#39 - 2013-07-06 11:31:53 UTC
Caellach Marellus wrote:
I advise some people in here to follow the approach the Senate has taken to this and cease pursuing this matter further.

Why would anyone should follow these short-minded greedy gallentean swines from Senate, eh?
Even tribals closed their doors before their noses !

Honored are the dead, for their legacy guides us.

In memory of Tibus Heth, Caldari State Executor YC110-115, Hero and Patriot.

Caellach Marellus
Stormcrows
#40 - 2013-07-06 12:40:11 UTC
Diana Kim wrote:
Caellach Marellus wrote:

Why would anyone should follow these short-minded greedy gallentean swines from Senate, eh?
Even tribals closed their doors before their noses !

Because unlike yourself they've handled themselves with a manner that shows respect, dignity and not behaving like a petulant child.

When your gut instincts tell you something is wrong, trust them. When your heart tells you something is right, ignore it, check with your brain first. Accept nothing, challenge everything.

Previous page123Next page