These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Unscheduled downtime - Sunday, June 2nd, 2013

First post First post
Author
Mars Palladium
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#441 - 2013-06-02 06:17:41 UTC
hey shoot some SP all over my face to. you know. because im lazy and ask for **** on a constant like a care bear does. as everyone is asking for it LMAO

Dont give them anything but a rookie ship with half a Trit in it lol. oh and start everyone in a pod but me.
Cogliostro
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#442 - 2013-06-02 06:18:00 UTC
CCP Falcon wrote:

If you're still unable to connect, please reply here with the country and province/state you're attempting to log in from.

We're currently still looking into log in issues Smile

I cannot login with the launcher or the .exe. Launcher gives me the opportunity to enter my account name and password, but then does nothing. the .exe file lets me log in, select a character, but when I log into the game proper, the socket closes.

I'm in the state of Ohio in the US.
Altered Ego
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#443 - 2013-06-02 06:18:39 UTC
Ran the repair tool, and am now able to log in.
freddy madball
Starfleet Inc.
#444 - 2013-06-02 06:18:47 UTC
CCP Falcon wrote:
Hey guys,

Apologies for the delay in updating further, I'm currently looking at getting more information.

Right now we're aware that while some people are online, a large percentage of people are still dealing with login issues. We're currently working to the root of these issues, and we're hoping to update you all soon.

Again, we're very sorry for any inconvenience that this has caused. We're well aware that this has occurred during peak playtime for our US Timezone pilots and apologize sincerely for the disruption to your internet spaceships.

Sad

Haven't tried to log back in via the launcher yet, but thank you for keeping us informed. Got a pot of coffee brewing with your name on it, keep up the good work.
RockAgina
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#445 - 2013-06-02 06:18:55 UTC  |  Edited by: RockAgina
CCP Falcon wrote:
The Tranquility cluster has been taken offline as of 03:06 UTC in order to enable us to investigate several network issues that have occurred this morning.

We currently have no ETA for the server to be brought back online, however we will update this forum thread as and when more information becomes available.

We apologize for this unexpected downtime, and any inconvenience it may cause.

UPDATE - 03:06 UTC - Tranquility Offline
UPDATE - 03:30 UTC - We are currently investigating several network issues
UPDATE - 03:31 UTC - COFFEE 0_o
UPDATE - 03:52 UTC - Investigation into the current network outages is still ongoing
UPDATE - 04:10 UTC - We are currently bringing Tranquility online in VIP mode for testing
UPDATE - 04:11 UTC - MOAR COFFEE
UPDATE - 04:17 UTC - Testing is now complete and VIP mode has been lifted
UPDATE - 04:30 UTC - We are currently investigating several login issues that are being experienced
UPDATE - 05:00 UTC - Investigation into ongoing login issues is currently in progress
UPDATE - 05:01 UTC - SO MUCH COFFEE
UPDATE - 05:30 UTC - Investigation into login issues is ongoing - Please bear with us
UPDATE - 06:00 UTC - We are currently working toward the root cause of current login issues

this is ridiculous, how the hell are 20k people connected but when i try to it says socket closed?! if we lose sov and assets due to enemies being able to log and ccp not letting others log will CCP be paying for lost assets?

http://i.imgur.com/LOm8EnX.jpg
gargars
Willco Inc.
#446 - 2013-06-02 06:20:02 UTC
Mars Palladium wrote:
hey shoot some SP all over my face to. you know. because im lazy and ask for **** on a constant like a care bear does. as everyone is asking for it LMAO

Dont give them anything but a rookie ship with half a Trit in it lol. oh and start everyone in a pod but me.

Nice first post CCP alt - wish it made more sense.
Axefork
#447 - 2013-06-02 06:21:43 UTC
guys just dont use the launcher.. ever.
Alyssa Karkatu
The Vendunari
End of Life
#448 - 2013-06-02 06:21:44 UTC
Fedman Kasad wrote:
CCP Falcon wrote:
Hey guys,

Apologies for the delay in updating further, I'm currently looking at getting more information.

Right now we're aware that while some people are online, a large percentage of people are still dealing with login issues. We're currently working to the root of these issues, and we're hoping to update you all soon.

Again, we're very sorry for any inconvenience that this has caused. We're well aware that this has occurred during peak playtime for our US Timezone pilots and apologize sincerely for the disruption to your internet spaceships.

Sad

i get an error box in russian ... what a week of trying to keep eve going

fix this please ... enough BS

if i get on ill start 30day+ skillques as i dont trust you's at all anymore

I knew i should have qued minmatar cruiser 5 yesterday :/
gargars
Willco Inc.
#449 - 2013-06-02 06:23:20 UTC  |  Edited by: gargars
Axefork wrote:

Except that is going away soon. Prepare to learn Russian apparently.
Phebe Taboar
Alsolon Mining
#450 - 2013-06-02 06:23:30 UTC
Sunday afternoon in Australia cold and nothing to do including Eve 5 toons and all skills running out oh this is fun. When will we be back up?????????????????
Basileus
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#451 - 2013-06-02 06:24:18 UTC
Suppose a small compensation would be reasonable. Customers (or, probably in most cases, their parents) are paying for the game, and thus they are entitled to a working product.
Salashoshka
Cisskata Industral and Security Services
#452 - 2013-06-02 06:24:19 UTC
After entering user name and password into the new launcher and hitting log in-nothing happens.
If I run eve through the exefile in the bin folder eve launches and allows me to log in. The socket closes as soon as I hit enter but after a second try allows me to get to the character selection screen. After the loading bar fills the socket closes.

North Dakota, United States
Axefork
#453 - 2013-06-02 06:24:54 UTC
gargars wrote:
Axefork wrote:

Except that is going away soon. Prepare to learn Russian apparently.

*sigh* really? takes it's so much quicker :/
archon o'v
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#454 - 2013-06-02 06:27:08 UTC
life on mars is so boring with out the eve
Jack Tronic
borkedLabs
#455 - 2013-06-02 06:27:28 UTC
The API Key management webpage is malfunctioning with the login system. It prompts you to login and then kicks you to community.eveonline.com, going back to the API Key page keeps kicking you to the login system. It refuses to work.
Mortrius
Reckless-Endangerment
Manifesto.
#456 - 2013-06-02 06:28:43 UTC
So, I live in the U.S. Mississippi. Socket is closing as soon as I load from the launcher (haven't tried loading any other way).

Oh, and parts of my launcher are in Russian. Yeah...
Lara Glestain
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#457 - 2013-06-02 06:29:54 UTC
CCP Falcon wrote:
Hey guys,

Sad

1.) Good Morning from Central Europe. It's 08:25 h CET here.
2.) I'm still experiencing the "russian" login in the center-left position of the login screen, rest is in english.
3.) Then it says Connection Failed : The socket was closed.

Then I could login - using a somewhat crappy entry screen at 08:29 h.
Alyssa Karkatu
The Vendunari
End of Life
#458 - 2013-06-02 06:30:13 UTC
got on, launcher is still in russian, but it finally let me put in my username and password. socket has closed a few times though.
Dawn Harbinger
Order of the Eclipse
Triumvirate.
#459 - 2013-06-02 06:30:30 UTC
I've managed to log on but then I get closed socket messages.

Even MOAR coffee!!! o_0
Lt JBrown
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#460 - 2013-06-02 06:30:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Lt JBrown
gargars wrote:
Lt JBrown wrote:
Server is up! :) success alas!

Still getting it in Russian. No way no how.

I was too but I click the button anyway and it changed to "loading" not sure why or how but.. it did.

Alienware M15X
Intel Core i5 2.53 GHz
3 GB RAM
64-Bit Windows 7 HP