These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

The Greater Fool Bar

First post
Author
Kirjava
Lothian Enterprises
#1681 - 2013-05-28 15:41:40 UTC
*Follows Alice*

"Bloody Genki girls..."

[center]Haruhiists - Overloading Out of Pod discussions since 2007. /人◕‿‿◕人\ Unban Saede![/center]

Alice Saki
Nocturnal Romance
Cynosural Field Theory.
#1682 - 2013-05-28 15:44:18 UTC
Oh My Gawd!

*She Sighs as she checks her datapad*

It's that time... I need to go... Cya tomoz Kirjava!

Same Place Same Drink? ^_^

FREEZE! Drop the LIKES AND WALK AWAY! - Currenly rebuilding gaming machine, I will Return.

Kirjava
Lothian Enterprises
#1683 - 2013-05-28 15:49:20 UTC
"Sure, its a date" Blink

*Whistles in a self satisfied manner as he gets back to his seat*

[center]Haruhiists - Overloading Out of Pod discussions since 2007. /人◕‿‿◕人\ Unban Saede![/center]

Laudenum Hayes
Lucifer's Hammer
A Band Apart.
#1684 - 2013-05-28 16:07:30 UTC
After several minutes of thrashing with the medics, Laudenum is injected with a sedative and they begin to go to work on her. The cut above her eye is superficial along with the dislocated fingers. However, the medics appeared grave at the knife wound across her midsection.

They begin applying pressure bandages to staunch the bleeding. Laud stirs as the bandages are being applied and murmurs "Oh, aren't you a cute one...." to the attending medic. "I love a man in uniform..." she drones quietly.

"Perhaps we should give her a little more." one of the medics suggests. "She's a damned feisty one." The medics procede to increase the dosage of the sedative despite her suggestive comments and after a few more moments, she drifts off to a peaceful rest.

The two medics, working carefully in tandem, lift the redhead onto a gravitic stretcher and begin moving her out when they are stopped at the door by station security. One of the officers moves to question the unconscious form but realizes that Laudenum is too deeply sedated. With a look of disgust, one of the officers waves the medics to the door. As the two medics leave with the unconscious woman, several patrons notice that the is a bit of commotion outside the bar. Glimpses show that three other men are also being loaded onto grav stretchers.

One of the officers begins taking pictures of the area where Laudenum had lay. The other, judging by his demeanor to be in charge, lifted his station I.D. and spoke in a commanding voice to the patrons. "I am Lieutenant Garren of station security. As is obvious, someone was injured just outside the doors of this establishment. I'm looking to see if anyone has any information as to what happened."

He systematically looked from patron to patron in the bar. His scowl deepened when the looks he received back were a collection of wide innocent eyes, subtle negative shakes of heads or outright disregard. He glanced at the redhead apparently smothering a man with her breasts and shook his head disgustedly.

"Alright, " the officer continued "lets start with something easier. Is the owner around?"

Mancourt the bouncer walked over to the officer and confirmed that she was present. "I'll go find Ms. Indah." he said, turning to trudge away in the direction of the restrooms. The officer turned to his counterpart and mumbled, "Damn Capsuleers. Got no other worries other than themselves." He looked around at the gathered group as they began diverting their respective attentions back to their own business. "Part of me, " he murmured to the other officer, "would just as soon let them get picked off."

"Ms. Indah?" Mancourt said, opening the women's rest room slightly. "There are officers here to see you."

Chloe stepped out of one of the stalls and opened the door fully. "Let the officers know that 'Ms. Fazmarai' will contact the authorities when she is able." Her stern look set the musclebound bouncer on his heels. When he was slow to react, she snapped "NOW!"

Mancourt nodded quickly and moved away to take the news to the officers.
Sheimi Madaveda
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#1685 - 2013-05-28 16:31:42 UTC
*having been watching the whole scene from a couch nearby, Sheimi decided it was time to leave the bar for a bit*

"G'night officer" Shei says as she leaves through the front door.

"But wait miss, this is an investigation, and you can't just leave!" One officer says. The other yells "Its dangerous out there!"

Sheimi turns around with a glare. "And who is going to stop me?"

Arma Purgatorium - Once for the State, Now for the King Low Sec, PvP, Industrial - Open for Recruiting http://armapurgatorium.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/arpur_recruit1.png 

Laudenum Hayes
Lucifer's Hammer
A Band Apart.
#1686 - 2013-05-28 16:42:45 UTC
Sheimi shoulders her way past the young officer as the older officer adds, "Let her go." with a stony look.

She squeezes through the door into the main hall. She takes a moment to see the medics hauling away the last of the prone bodies. As she turns to go, her blood turns cold inside her. Scrawled on the wall in black paint are the words:

DEATH TO CAPSULEERS

She quickly turns to go.
Zoe Kaltana
Kaltana Industries
#1687 - 2013-05-28 17:17:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Zoe Kaltana
(since Laudes story goes in a similar direction like mine 2 days and ~30 pages ago I decided to pick it up
with a new "episode" here...
(and before I start to forget ^.^))

Darker Days Are Yet To Come (humping shameless on current SciFi trends ^_^)

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

---9:22 LTZ---

---PODSYSTEMS RESTARTING---WARNING|CRITICAL ERROR DETECTED---

---ACTIVATING SECONDARY EMERGENCY SYSTEMS_ _ _ _FAILURE---

---EMERGENCY EJECT INITIATED---

Still half fainted, Zoe only briefly notices the words on her UI before her pod opens and lets out all of the including juices in a rush. With the pod completely shut off and dead, Zoe falls down uncontrolled. Still wired to the pod systems, the plugs get ripped out of her very painfully in the process. Her knees and elbows make an uncomfortable contact with the floors iron grid.
Suffering under the stressful experience, the last thing she sees with blurry eyes are some persons running towards her and a familiar voice shouting:

“Commander? Can you hear me? …She’s fainting! Quick! Get her out of here!”
Random McNally
Stay Frosty.
A Band Apart.
#1688 - 2013-05-28 17:20:59 UTC
Zoe Kaltana wrote:
(since Laudes story goes in a similar direction like mine 2 days and ~30 pages ago I decided to pick it up
with a new "episode" here...
(and before I start to forget ^.^))

Darker Days Are Yet To Come (humping shameless on current SciFi trends ^_^)

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

---PODSYSTEMS RESTARTING---WARNING|CRITICAL ERROR DETECTED---

---ACTIVATING SECONDARY EMERGENCY SYSTEMS_ _ _ _FAILURE---

---EMERGENCY EJECT INITIATED---

Still half fainted, Zoe only briefly notices the words on her UI before her pod opens and lets out all of the including juices in a rush. With the pod completely shut off and dead, Zoe falls down uncontrolled. Still wired to the pod systems, the plugs get ripped out of her very painfully in the process. Her knees and elbows make an uncomfortable contact with the floors iron grid.
Suffering under the stressful experience, the last thing she sees with blurry eyes are some persons running towards her and a familiar voice shouting:

“Commander? Can you hear me? …She’s fainting! Quick! Get her out of here!”

Laud and I thought we'd help you along. Blink

Host of High Drag Podcast. http://highdrag.wordpress.com/

Space music http://minddivided.com

I G Channel HighDragChat

Broadcast4Reps

Zoe Kaltana
Kaltana Industries
#1689 - 2013-05-28 18:36:42 UTC
♥♥♥♥♥
Indahmawar Fazmarai
#1690 - 2013-05-28 19:23:29 UTC
(Isn't funny how I just delayed TGFB Getaway to an undetermined date after Odyssey and was to start a little serial story with Indah? Do you mind if Yiole takes the reigns of the Bar?)
Zoe Kaltana
Kaltana Industries
#1691 - 2013-05-28 19:38:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Zoe Kaltana
(just a quick update in my little real time story of already happened events ^.^)
@Indah: I don't mind ;-)

Darker Days Are Yet To Come

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4

---11:38 LTZ---

As the white light starts fading, Zoe recognizes the well known contours of her first Officers face. Zoe’s voice is still weak while she mumbles some words:

“Strange to...see you…IN…the ship”

A warm and friendly smile appears, while the old and white bearded man answers:

“Easy…you are still suffering the results of you being kicked out of your pod.”

“…How’s the ship?”

“Oh, we’re still trying to find out since that whole goddamn warp tunnel collapsed over our heads. We lost a lot of good man, armor is down, several hull fractures, warpdrive offline and two of our starboard main guns have been ripped off during the crash with the aurora…she’s still there don’t worry…but our com is damaged, so we don’t know what’s going on over there. Oh, but our shields are completely repaired again…aand this brings us to another bad news…”

“How long was I gone?”

“Over two hours…oh, and now the really bad news…you can’t be downloaded to another clone. Some sort of Virus was linked to the shockwave and burnt out the uplinks on your pod as well as your internal one...so this would be the end of the road until we reach a station with medical and cloning facilities...”

*Zoe’s stomach feels ill and her heart starts pounding uncomfortable on those news, but before she can really come to terms with the new situation, the internal ship wide alarm for incoming hostiles turns in*

“Bring me to the bridge.”

*Zoe’s face distorts in pain while she slowly gets up on her feet…*
Yiole Gionglao
#1692 - 2013-05-28 22:17:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Yiole Gionglao
Station security, medics, blood stains...

- WTF did you do here?

Nobody answered as Yiole just had muttered those words to herself as she entered TGFB. Feeling like she was late to some party, she looked around until Chloe saw her and closed in.

- Oh Yiole, nice you come! I think Indah may need you at the toilets.

Dismissing how weird that sounded, Yiole nodded and walked to the toilets. She listened to water running inside one of the booths and then Indah exited it, pale and with a disheveled face after crying.

- Hey sweetie! What happened out there?
- Somebody attacked Laudenum outside of the bar and she was wounded...
- Oh, I see. Nasty stuff, right?
- Yes.. no.. well.. it didn't came alone...
- Is there more?
- I just got a top priority message from Ishtanchuk. Somethign is wrong at home, about my mother.
- What is it?
- Don't know! I am too scared to try to contact and don't even know what's the local time there! At least Ishtan could had been a bit more specific or just provide some way to contact her, rather than just leap out of a box and then go away!
- There, there, easy up... you should really contact home is f that's what ish told you. It can't be that...

Yiole interrupted as Indah looked at her angrily.

- Well, maybe is serious... but you can't just be guessing! Contact home and learn what's going on. I'm with you, oki?
- Yes, well.. I should...
- Wash your face and let's get out of here. Do you have your own scrambler?
- Yes, at the appartment.
- There we go, then.

Indah washed her face of make up stains and redid her clothes, then both women left the toilets. The bouncers were keeping the station secuirty out and nobdy bothered Indah and Yiole as they went upstairs and to Indahs appartment.

The scrambler was just a portable device that could be plugged to any pad and would deliver messages to the encrypted subspace relays accessible only to capsuleers, and so thorouglhy protected that intercpetion was out of consideration. Human interlocutors were by far the weakest link in the communication network, but for a homely issue, the scrambled comms network was completely impenetrable to strangers. After checking local time at her parent's home, Indah opened the channel and hoped someone would pick it up. Scrambled communications where unusual for commoners and maybe nobody was ready to understand what was going on, nor who was calling home through that channel. The main block at the channel went live as bidirecitonal link was established and the pad's interfce blinked with an authomated request to open video. Indah auhtorized it and the pad screen showed the image of a Khanid man in his 40s, who obviously was looking at his own pad.

- Surga suci! Ini wanita Indahmawar muda!
- Tuhan memberkati anda Urughan. Saya telah menerima peringatan dari wanita Ishtanchuk. Apa yang terjadi?

Yiole listened to the start of the conversation, but she didn't speak any Khanid and couldn't understand what they were saying as foreign scrambled communications didn't supported the built-in translation available to all capsuleers.

- Err.. i'll be here, OK?
- Oh, I apologyze! Urughan doesn't speaks much Standard...
- Nevermind.

Then Indahmawar kept talking for a while, nodding and growing more and more serious until the man Urughan was replaced by another person. Albeit Yiole hadn't seen her much, she noticed the similar traits and recalled some old images, and so knew she was Eugerelia, Indahmawar's mother.

"So at least she's alive" -muttered Yiole.

Part #2

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an alpha / And so it's you

Kirjava
Lothian Enterprises
#1693 - 2013-05-28 23:46:43 UTC
*Strolls out from the bedrooms upstairs, cracking his neck and buttoning up his shirt. Muttering to himself what to have for breakfast, the highest priority on his mind being which blend of tea to have... and sees the Police investigation at the base of the stairs. Walking down slower, more on edge he takes in the scenes, blood stains on the ground. *

"What... the hell happened here?...."

Commissar Kate
NulzSec
#1694 - 2013-05-29 00:41:09 UTC
*Kate enters the bar and stops at the doorway to look for her ladies but they are nowhere to be found. A sad look comes across her face as she makes her way to a couch and sets down. Kate leans back and relaxes for a while before a waiter notices she's there. The waiter approaches Kate asks what she would like to drink.*

"Half Zydrine Burn and Zydrine Wine please."
Kirjava
Lothian Enterprises
#1695 - 2013-05-29 00:57:16 UTC
*Munches on Cereal and a Quafe Ultra Energy drink, flicking through the Evening Times of Lumiere*

Commissar Kate
NulzSec
#1696 - 2013-05-29 01:41:27 UTC
*Looks to Kirjava and says*

"I hope you know that Quafe is made from biomass"
Kirjava
Lothian Enterprises
#1697 - 2013-05-29 01:53:09 UTC
*Laughs out loud*

"Aye, and the Ammarian Empress is a puppet of the Rouge drones...."

Rain6639
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#1698 - 2013-05-29 05:47:49 UTC
*7 and 9 enter. 7 heads to the back room with a teddy bear under her arm, and 9 makes a beeline for Commissar Kate.

*without a word, 9 helps Commissar Kate rise from her seat. they exchange courteous kisses on the cheek, and 9 leads Commissar Kate after 7. 9's gait is calm and more graceful than usual, but her thighs still have that signature, pronounced flex with each step. their hands are joined loosely, by just a few fingers.
Kirjava
Lothian Enterprises
#1699 - 2013-05-29 05:52:17 UTC
*Just stays on his table, tapping away on a range of datapads on the table in front of him, humming a little tune as his wallet grows slowly*

Rain6638
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#1700 - 2013-05-29 09:03:10 UTC
*8 wakes up in the middle of her sleep and has market on her mind. she could check remotely, but she takes a rainfleet blaster harpy to Jita just to go through the motions. Nothing has changed.

*Kirjava opens comms: "good morning 8"

The rains are asleep. no one would know. there's nothing to do in market and she can't think of a better place to be, so into the harpy she goes.

she's still not completely awake, and the trip to The Greater Fool Bar is a blur. she is sitting against Kirjava's arm in the blink of an eye. now that she's here, she thinks maybe going back to sleep is not such a bad idea.

"Kirjava, can you take me somewhere?" she stares at the floor through half-open eyelids. "anywhere?" she evaluates her request; it could be narrower. "with a bed?"

[ 2013.06.21 09:52:05 ] (notify) For initiating combat your security status has been adjusted by -0.1337