These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Wormholes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Round table at Fanfest 2013

First post First post
Author
Phaderift
Girls Lie But Zkill Doesn't
Pandemic Legion
#121 - 2013-05-02 19:25:57 UTC
we are growing at a fast rate and WH seem to attract some of the more passionate people in this game. Even a couple other round tables i went to seemed to touch on WH's a bunch. Hell most of the exploration one was Wh people asking questions
Rek Seven
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#122 - 2013-05-02 19:38:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Rek Seven
You guys should have demanded to know what the future held for wormhole space.

Messing with wormhole mass and time limits (randomising them) will completely **** up wormhole space IMO.

I really happy that chitsa got on the CSM because he is for iteration instead of rebalance, so hopefully he will be able to encourage CCP to make wormhole space even better than it already is.
Durzel
Questionable Ethics.
Ministry of Inappropriate Footwork
#123 - 2013-05-02 20:01:40 UTC
It was widely agreed at FF that wormhole space has little mystery now, everything is mapped out, you always know where you are when you jump in somewhere and where it goes, etc.

Whilst messing with mass and randomisation could cause problems, maintaining the status quo of effectively 0.0 sov space with wormholes instead of gates is worse.
Inco Reeve
Wolf Pack Industries.
Fraternity.
#124 - 2013-05-02 20:16:21 UTC
To be quite frank on the topic of the WH Roundtable - the problem with WH's is they're a bit stale. Other than handing Sleepers neuts, what has changed in 4 years?

And on the topic of the Alliance Panel, if you didn't like Exo's presentation - present next year. Make wormholes proud, because lord knows we never will. Now if you'll excuse me I have a pulse laser typhoon I need to go lose.
Farendall
State War Academy
Caldari State
#125 - 2013-05-02 20:38:04 UTC
I liked Exo's presentation. Even tho I begged him not to reveal my gas mining gu 2 years in a row now...
Phaderift
Pandemic Legion
#126 - 2013-05-02 22:36:50 UTC
Rek Seven wrote:
You guys should have demanded to know what the future help for wormhole space. That is what fanfest is for.

Messing with wormhole mass and time limits (randomising them) will completely **** up wormhole space IMO.

I really happy that chitsa got on the CSM because he is for iteration instead of rebalance, so hopefully he will be able to encourage CCP to make workhole space even better than it already is.

eh from what was said by the devs at the Wh round table .. there was a call for something new in WH space and maybe a conflict driver. most of the talk of Wh randomization were tossed around as more of an idea to bring back some of the unknown to WH space, many people seemed to thirst for some kinda crazy random events that could happen in WH space .. and then the conversation went to well what kinda mechanics can we play with NOW to try and create this. The devs wanted to find a way to bring back that wonder and excitement that was had when WH space first came out .... though they also sounded rather hesitant to really make any drastic changes to core mechanics of WH space.

The future of Wh space is what it is now .. with minor changes coming from global mechanics changes .. see scanning, ship rebalancing etc etc. I would not expect anything to change, but maybe get something new added in the winter/later Odyssey patches..

Also workhole .. my new favourite typo
Rek Seven
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#127 - 2013-05-02 22:55:58 UTC
Phaderift wrote:
Rek Seven wrote:
You guys should have demanded to know what the future help for wormhole space. That is what fanfest is for.

I really happy that chitsa got on the CSM because he is for iteration instead of rebalance, so hopefully he will be able to encourage CCP to make workhole space even better than it already is.

eh from what was said by the devs at the Wh round table .. there was a call for something new in WH space and maybe a conflict driver. most of the talk of Wh randomization were tossed around as more of an idea to bring back some of the unknown to WH space, many people seemed to thirst for some kinda crazy random events that could happen in WH space .. and then the conversation went to well what kinda mechanics can we play with NOW to try and create this. The devs wanted to find a way to bring back that wonder and excitement that was had when WH space first came out .... though they also sounded rather hesitant to really make any drastic changes to core mechanics of WH space.

The future of Wh space is what it is now .. with minor changes coming from global mechanics changes .. see scanning, ship rebalancing etc etc. I would not expect anything to change, but maybe get something new added in the winter/later Odyssey patches..

Also workhole .. my new favourite typo

Well that's good to know. I guess i feel that if they change the way wormholes are now, they would be taking away from all the hard work people have put in. I want CCP to keep WH mechanics the way they are but add to the content.
Phaderift
Pandemic Legion
#128 - 2013-05-02 23:06:36 UTC
yea it has not been said much but i think the idea of sleeper capitals/further escalation of force from sleepers was probably talked about just as much as the random mass of Wh getting a little more random and it was also generally met with more favourable replies. Another thing brought up was more random levels of escalation when you warp caps in .. you still get the same 6 + 6 + 8 + 8 = 28, but what order they come in would be a little unpredictable.. which might require you to keep a few guys on stand by in case things went **** up on your initial capitals. Which would not really effect groups living in WH space... just those who mindlessly farm the same thing day in and day out.
Dorn Val
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#129 - 2013-05-03 06:35:58 UTC
Rek Seven wrote:

.... I want CCP to keep WH mechanics the way they are but add to the content.

...like Sleeper spawns that attach POSs -would be cool to see the rats clean out all the abandoned stations and the conflict that it would generate (group A attacks the rats, group B attacks group A, etc.).

Sandbox: An enclosed area filled with sand for children engaged in open-ended, unstructured, imaginative play. Also a place for cats to urinate and defecate...

Ugurtan
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#130 - 2013-05-03 07:51:54 UTC
being able to use a clone vat bay in your own wh system just to change clones would be awesome and the Devs seemed to like the idea. Getting it done is a completely different thing though, so I would not get my hopes up. Would be awesome if it actually happens.

On the bright side I already got the "best update" in Eve so far already anyway (saving POS Passwords), so I wont complain at all Blink and just wait for the fancy new systemscanner to brighten my day.
Bjurn Akely
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#131 - 2013-07-03 16:58:57 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Bjurn Akely wrote:
Not thrilled about the small room, but very pleased something will be arranged. Thanks a lot!

It's the same size room as all of the roundtables, but I want to make sure people know so they can plan accordingly.

Also I wanted to make another mass limit joke.

I know it's late.... But how did this work out? I'll remind everyone: it was ABYSMAL. The small room was so overcrowded that the roundtable ended up being in the hallway and without any sort of amplifier the devs could not be heard at all to those in the back. No shadow on them, not everyone has a drill instructors voice.

Next year: GET A LARGER ROOM! Please.
Nix Anteris
The Dark Space Initiative
Scary Wormhole People
#132 - 2013-07-03 17:42:09 UTC
Phaderift wrote:
Another thing brought up was more random levels of escalation when you warp caps in .. you still get the same 6 + 6 + 8 + 8 = 28, but what order they come in would be a little unpredictable.. which might require you to keep a few guys on stand by in case things went **** up on your initial capitals.

I said this to a few people, including at least one dev. It doesn't necessarily have to be random but it does need to escalate

First, lose the distinction between carriers and dreadnaughts. Any capital sized vessel should cause an escalation wave.

Second, the waves should go more like: 6, 8, 12, 20, etc.

If you can handle it, you deserve max payout. If you can't well, you settle for less. I've been primaried by over 20 Sleepless Guardians before, and it was pretty much brown trousers time. That's how it should feel when you're trying to milk the teets of the giant ISK heffer of the void.
Durzel
Questionable Ethics.
Ministry of Inappropriate Footwork
#133 - 2013-07-06 07:22:48 UTC
Nix Anteris wrote:
Phaderift wrote:
Another thing brought up was more random levels of escalation when you warp caps in .. you still get the same 6 + 6 + 8 + 8 = 28, but what order they come in would be a little unpredictable.. which might require you to keep a few guys on stand by in case things went **** up on your initial capitals.

I said this to a few people, including at least one dev. It doesn't necessarily have to be random but it does need to escalate

First, lose the distinction between carriers and dreadnaughts. Any capital sized vessel should cause an escalation wave.

Second, the waves should go more like: 6, 8, 12, 20, etc.

If you can handle it, you deserve max payout. If you can't well, you settle for less. I've been primaried by over 20 Sleepless Guardians before, and it was pretty much brown trousers time. That's how it should feel when you're trying to milk the teets of the giant ISK heffer of the void.

If that order was random I think you'd be on to something, otherwise if you know you're going to be facing 6, 8, 12, 20 then you just adjust tactics accordingly. Realistically the only things that would be in peril would be Dreads who wouldn't be able to be repped for 5 mins, but you could refit for dual-rep, etc. Carrier wise you'd just throw n more Archons at it.