These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Wormholes

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Round table at Fanfest 2013

First post First post
Author
Sum Olgy
Perkone
Caldari State
#81 - 2013-04-21 22:28:24 UTC
Nox Arnoux wrote:
Bronya Boga wrote:
Oxandrolone wrote:
inb4 Dread blapping at entrance


Just a dude in a gallente shirt holding a large sledge hammer?


And his 3 friends being held together by duct tape in fish nets....



Damn my dyslexia Oops
Lithorn
Mercstar Corporation
#82 - 2013-04-22 09:25:47 UTC
I would love to meet up with other wormholians, my flight hopefully arrives April 22 6:45 Am. If i dont turn into a sleeper from mind numbing exhaustion i'll be there.
+1
I suppose smegging smart bombingbattleship blob will be waiting for me at the door. P
Lithorn
Mercstar Corporation
#83 - 2013-04-22 09:35:15 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Bjurn Akely wrote:
Not thrilled about the small room, but very pleased something will be arranged. Thanks a lot!


It's the same size room as all of the roundtables, but I want to make sure people know so they can plan accordingly.

Also I wanted to make another mass limit joke.

So the hot chick says to her man, "honey look at me from the side, do these three 1600mm rolled steel plate (II'S) make my ass look big in this dominix??"

That what you had in mind Fozz?
Luc Chastot
#84 - 2013-04-22 15:13:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Luc Chastot
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Oxandrolone wrote:
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Man I really want to do the mass limit thing now. If people want the devs all to themselves they can show up early and run in and out of the door over and over.


Fozzie have you ever lived in a wormhole? or spent much time in them?

It would be nice to know that you take us into account when you make balance changes <3

I'm not saying you havent in the past but i mean if you for example decided HIC bubbles should not reduce ship mass you would get some angry wormholers.

Maybe we can all chip in and get fozzie a stripper as bribe?



I lived in a C5>C5 for a few months. I'm definitely not an expert but between that experience, reading and listening to wormholer media, and having people like Two Step around, I'm pretty confident we can avoid killing your HICs by accident. Smile

Capital people go last.

Edit: Oops, wrong quote.

Make it idiot-proof and someone will make a better idiot.

Nix Anteris
The Dark Space Initiative
Scary Wormhole People
#85 - 2013-04-22 18:30:33 UTC
Confirming Bitten. will have a carrier cloaked inside the room, waiting for you to pile in at 14:00, once half of you are inside, we will jump it out and proceed with invading your home systems.

Failing that we can all go to the nullsec round table, and pull our tshirts over our heads. They'll just leave if there's too many cloakers in local.
Mr Floydy
Questionable Ethics.
Ministry of Inappropriate Footwork
#86 - 2013-04-22 19:15:33 UTC
lol. tempted to go to the nullsec round table just so I can hear people bitching about those pesky afk cloakers. :D
chris elliot
Wildcard.
Boundary Experts
#87 - 2013-04-22 23:15:54 UTC
You should pull your shirt over your head and see how long it takes for them to complain about your cloak. Or if they all stay still and don't say anything.
Senn Denroth
Lazerhawks
L A Z E R H A W K S
#88 - 2013-04-23 00:56:18 UTC
CCP Fozzie is best Fozzie!

Thankyou for hearing our concerns about there not being a wormhole round table. We take our holes very serious so it means a lot to us that you've made it happen for us.

Let's just hope that the room doesn't go crit too easy.
Sedrie
Apple Industries Inc.
#89 - 2013-04-24 17:07:03 UTC
Yet another +1 to Fozzie.

Thanks for your efforts, as you can see, they are appreciated.

Also, confirming I waited two days too long to buy tickets, and will not be attending.
Hidden Fremen
Lazerhawks
L A Z E R H A W K S
#90 - 2013-04-26 07:57:16 UTC
The award for Best Idea for any Changes to WSpace goes to that one guy who asked a lot of questions. He wanted to see the spawn distance ranges from jumping through a wormhole to match that of stargates. Do I have to go into why this would be awesome? If you're gonna say, "but that makes an engagement harder to flee from," you can **** right off...
Nix Anteris
The Dark Space Initiative
Scary Wormhole People
#91 - 2013-04-26 10:08:45 UTC
Hidden Fremen wrote:
The award for Best Idea for any Changes to WSpace goes to that one guy who asked a lot of questions. He wanted to see the spawn distance ranges from jumping through a wormhole to match that of stargates. Do I have to go into why this would be awesome? If you're gonna say, "but that makes an engagement harder to flee from," you can **** right off...


Congratulations on being able to hear anything that was said. I'd have happily endured the smell of TDSIN under-boob sweat to actually have been able to have a clue what was being talked about, instead of having to endure the sound of ping-pong tables, arcade machines, and *gasp* children, at the back.

I wanted to chip in, but I really couldn't be bothered after not being able to hear anything.

In addition to the spawn distance thing. Bring back the old session change timer! :)

Cap escalations: Why are spawns independent between dread/carrier, and why stop at 2 waves. Spawn 6, then 8, then 12, then 20, etc. regardless of whether a dread or carrier warps in. Increases risk and reward at the same time, prevents people just warping 10 dreads in. Makes jumping people in a site with caps way more fun ;)

Also I approve of the reception Bite Me got as they entered the original room.
Sarodh
Besra Overwatch
#92 - 2013-04-26 10:48:03 UTC
Can someone please make a proper list of the things being said at this roundtable, or maybe a record, for those that weren't there ? That would be nice.
Fradle
Collapsed Out
Pandemic Legion
#93 - 2013-04-26 11:58:41 UTC
Nix Anteris wrote:


Failing that we can all go to the nullsec round table, and pull our tshirts over our heads. They'll just leave if there's too many cloakers in local.

How is this not getting more love?! This is ******* hilarious!
unimatrix0030
Mass Collapse
It Must Be Jelly Cause Jam Don't Shake
#94 - 2013-04-26 19:33:25 UTC
Also we have CCP dolan to thank for the alternate location so that we all could participate!

No local in null sec would fix everything!

Longinius Spear
Semper Ubi Sub Ubi
#95 - 2013-04-26 20:00:35 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Oxandrolone wrote:
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Man I really want to do the mass limit thing now. If people want the devs all to themselves they can show up early and run in and out of the door over and over.


Fozzie have you ever lived in a wormhole? or spent much time in them?

It would be nice to know that you take us into account when you make balance changes <3

I'm not saying you havent in the past but i mean if you for example decided HIC bubbles should not reduce ship mass you would get some angry wormholers.

Maybe we can all chip in and get fozzie a stripper as bribe?



I lived in a C5>C5 for a few months. I'm definitely not an expert but between that experience, reading and listening to wormholer media, and having people like Two Step around, I'm pretty confident we can avoid killing your HICs by accident. Smile


I would be tickled all sorts of colors if Fozzie listens to Bronya and I's show.

Read more of my ramblings on my blog www.invadingyourhole.blogspot.com

ExookiZ
The Dark Space Initiative
Scary Wormhole People
#96 - 2013-04-27 03:29:18 UTC
the roundtable had literally 0 content. and was a giant waste of time

Event Organizer of EVE North East

Axloth Okiah
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#97 - 2013-04-27 06:27:24 UTC
ExookiZ wrote:
the roundtable had literally 0 content. and was a giant waste of time
I would call that a dramatic improvement over your alliance panel presentation then.
Hidden Fremen
Lazerhawks
L A Z E R H A W K S
#98 - 2013-04-27 08:56:43 UTC
Axloth Okiah wrote:
ExookiZ wrote:
the roundtable had literally 0 content. and was a giant waste of time
I would call that a dramatic improvement over your alliance panel presentation then.


Actually, the TDSIN bit was pretty entertaining, albeit highly irrelevant. Fitting. Great insight on how bad they really are, though.
Axloth Okiah
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#99 - 2013-04-27 09:42:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Axloth Okiah
Hidden Fremen wrote:
Axloth Okiah wrote:
ExookiZ wrote:
the roundtable had literally 0 content. and was a giant waste of time
I would call that a dramatic improvement over your alliance panel presentation then.
Actually, the TDSIN bit was pretty entertaining, albeit highly irrelevant. Fitting. Great insight on how bad they really are, though.
I dont mind him demonstrating he is a douchenozzle, not at all. I'm more worried about it reflecting on the hole Wspace community and everybody thinking we all are as full of crap as he is.
Jack Miton
Holesale
Holesale Operations
#100 - 2013-04-27 14:12:43 UTC
Hidden Fremen wrote:
He wanted to see the spawn distance ranges from jumping through a wormhole to match that of stargates. Do I have to go into why this would be awesome?

yeah, you do, cos that's a really horrible idea.
there's no agro timer on WHs, which means you need to be close to it so you can follow people through to shoot them on the other side.
spawning at 15km makes it HARDER to catch people, not easier mate...

There is no Bob.

Stuck In Here With Me:  http://sihwm.blogspot.com.au/

Down the Pipe:  http://feeds.feedburner.com/CloakyScout