These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Odyssey] Tech 1 Battleships - Minmatar

First post First post
Author
Alsyth
#901 - 2013-04-28 00:38:03 UTC
Naomi Knight wrote:
Alsyth wrote:

Edit:

Cyclone has been given full bandwidth, 50/50.
Same on Typhoon would allow for some versatility, either full dps or medium and spares.

The turrets are a joke (unbonused, with only one utility high...).

would allow some versatility... oh god how many times i heared this from matars ,when they wanted to justify unneeded boosts on their ships

The current Typhoon is extremely versatile, yet not overpowered. That's the whole philosophy of the ship.

While the 5th mid might help increase its versatility by allowing shield tank, which is a very good thing, all the other changes will force it in a single role: missiles. Without the old utility hi slots, the second weapon system, nor the ability to count on drone dps.

My two cents, if you really want to go this way (focused on missiles):

Swap the ROF bonus to 10% damage, 5 turrets, keep 2 utility hi slots and 125/125 drones, drop the guns.

Coherent with the %damage you gave to other ships like Scythe Fleet Issue, gives 7.5 effective lauchers instead of 8, but a coherent flight of heavies/sentries.
And it leaves some room for utility, and the ability to go full utility hi slots and use drones as dps (even if Armageddon and Dominix will do a better job)
Chessur
Full Broadside
Deepwater Hooligans
#902 - 2013-04-28 01:41:48 UTC
As for the minni BS changes:

I like the direction CCP is going with the phoon. However I feel that they should specialize it more. Personally I feel that a 'Big cyclone' would be amazing for the typhoon, Make it a pure missile BS, and drop the 'versatility' BS. Versatility is a joke. Drones do no applied damage, and having split weapons is terrible. If possible I hope that CCP specializes this BS even more so into a missile setup.

Tempest

Nano pest used to be an amazing thing. It had speed, projection, and brought a platform into small gang that had 2 heavy neuts. It was a great ship. Then the tier three's happened. The tier threes (for the most part) have completely eclipsed the entire BS class. The tempest was no exception. Since the iterations of the tier 3, BS have become pushed into an extremely niche role. Sadly with the new TE changes coming our way, it seems that the beloved nano pest will once again be relegated even farther into mediocrity. With the new TE's in place it will have horrible projection, and still suffer from the fact that Tier 3 do the job so much better.

The Pest cannot brawl, as it is out classed in very way when compared to gallente BS. So I would like to ask CCP where they plan on placing the importance or usefulness of the pest- because frankly I am struggling to find one.

Mael

Again not many changes here- still a good fleet / arty ship and with dual XLASB ok for trolling bad's while brawling on gate. I don't have much to say about the ship class, as I primarily am concerned with solo / small gang. The mael is not made for this, and that's fine.

For BS in general however:

I feel that CCP is missing the entire point when it comes to the BS class. (What are they useful for?) Since the advent of the Tier 3, there really has not been a point (other than large fleet battles) where a BS is more useful than a Tier 3. The ONLY thing that BS can do is bring a heavy neut to the field. Other than that, tier 3 hold all of the cards. They have more mobility, projection, and damage. In sight of this BS have not been given a significant EHP boost, or damage boost. Personally I feel that tier 3 are breaking the game and should be removed. Because to bring BS in line with what Tier 3 are capable of- CCP would need to make some hard choices regarding base EHP / DPS of ALL BS class ships.

Just my 2 isk
Kenshi Hanshin
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#903 - 2013-04-28 01:53:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Kenshi Hanshin
Deerin wrote:
Jonas Sukarala wrote:
CCP

Why does the Maelstrom have the same powergrid as the abbadon and Apoc?
It seems its too allow for arties to fit but the amarr can't fit beams and can just about fit pulses seems a bit odd...
The Maelstroms role is to brawl as its ASB bonus suggests ... compare it to Hyperion who can't even fit neutrons.... balance anyone????

I think the problem was not mael having a lot of PG, but Amarr having not enough PG to fit beams.

...and they adressed it too: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=224896&find=unread

After changes an apoc can fit a full rack of megabeams and will have more spare PG than a Mael. Though having a full rack of beams has some other issues, which is outside scope of this thread.

Not Addressed!

1400mm Arty /= Mega

*(Look in game at the fitting requirements if you don't get it)

1400mm Arty = Tachyon. Which you can't fit on any present amarr hulls without using all the mids (for cap) and 2-3 lows + atleast 1 rig for powergrid to fit. Even then you don't have a tank woth ****. To add insult to injury you can't fire your guns either without a fing logi doing cap-transfer for more than 30 second. Not fixed. Now, if you don't know things just be quiet. No knowledge = no experience thus no commenting on things outside of that.

Now I happen to be skilled for and fly all four races. Thus I do have knowledge and experience. Therefore I have reason to comment on that comparison.
To mare
Advanced Technology
#904 - 2013-04-28 04:41:30 UTC
typhoon look fine
mael look fine
tempest its too damn slow CCP whats the idea making the mega faster than the pest?
Drake Doe
88Th Tax Haven
#905 - 2013-04-28 05:25:32 UTC
To mare wrote:
typhoon look fine
mael look fine
tempest its too damn slow CCP whats the idea making the mega faster than the pest?

Obvious hypocrite.

"The homogenization of EVE began when Gallente and Caldari started sharing a weapon system."---Vermaak Doe-- "Ohh squabbles ohh I love my dust trolls like watching an episode of Maury with less " Is he my Dad " but more of " My Neighbor took a dump on my lawn " good episode! pops more corn" ---Evernub--

To mare
Advanced Technology
#906 - 2013-04-28 06:08:27 UTC
Drake Doe wrote:
To mare wrote:
typhoon look fine
mael look fine

Obvious hypocrite.

lol what?
Drake Doe
88Th Tax Haven
#907 - 2013-04-28 06:32:14 UTC
To mare wrote:
Drake Doe wrote:
To mare wrote:
typhoon look fine
mael look fine

Obvious hypocrite.

lol what?

Complaining about the mega being faster while the phoon has a larger drone bay than it.

"The homogenization of EVE began when Gallente and Caldari started sharing a weapon system."---Vermaak Doe-- "Ohh squabbles ohh I love my dust trolls like watching an episode of Maury with less " Is he my Dad " but more of " My Neighbor took a dump on my lawn " good episode! pops more corn" ---Evernub--

To mare
Advanced Technology
#908 - 2013-04-28 06:43:21 UTC
Drake Doe wrote:
To mare wrote:
Drake Doe wrote:
To mare wrote:
typhoon look fine
mael look fine

Obvious hypocrite.

lol what?

Complaining about the mega being faster while the phoon has a larger drone bay than it.

since when the drone bay is a defining factor for ship speed, what matter is dsp and dps projection if that dps come from turrets drones or missile its not so important if CCP give the mega back the dmg (not rof) bonus and the 125m dronebay to the mega im totally happy )but probably i would consider it a nerf) but with that dps and that speed the mega its just straight better than the pest
Deerin
East Trading Co Ltd
#909 - 2013-04-28 08:49:25 UTC
Jonas Sukarala wrote:
Rant about cpu, cap etc

As I said before: Having a full rack of beams has some other issues than PG, which is outside scope of this thread.

BABARR wrote:

The probleme IS the mael got too much PWG, able to fit biggest gun (close or long range) AND : full tank +speed+capbooster on close, buffer+MWD on long range, whith full gyrol/TE.

Nope. MWD won't fit if you want full rack of 1400's on mael. You need a pg mod/rig as other ships do.

Kenshi Hanshin wrote:

1400mm Arty /= Mega

1400mm Arty = Tachyon.

PLEASE look at their damage outputs and tell that again. Tachs outdamage 1400's by around 25%

Kenshi Hanshin wrote:
Which you can't fit on any present amarr hulls without using all the mids (for cap) and 2-3 lows + atleast 1 rig for powergrid to fit. Even then you don't have a tank woth ****. To add insult to injury you can't fire your guns either without a fing logi doing cap-transfer for more than 30 second. Not fixed.

...and all this has nothing to do with mael's PG does it?

Kenshi Hanshin wrote:
Now, if you don't know things just be quiet. No knowledge = no experience thus no commenting on things outside of that.

Now I happen to be skilled for and fly all four races. Thus I do have knowledge and experience. Therefore I have reason to comment on that comparison.

I sure know beams have issues and they are going to be adressed. I also pointed to the thread where the discussion about it is going on. So please carry all your wisdom of four races to that thread and leave maels PG (Which is barely enough) alone.
Lloyd Roses
Artificial Memories
#910 - 2013-04-28 14:07:22 UTC
Drake Doe wrote:
Lloyd Roses wrote:
Jonas Sukarala wrote:
CCP

It seems its too allow for arties to fit but the amarr can't fit beams and can just about fit pulses seems a bit odd...
The Maelstroms role is to brawl as its ASB bonus suggests ... compare it to Hyperion who can't even fit neutrons.... balance anyone????

Ye, shieldmodules require less PG, so you can easily fit artillery. Also, a shieldhyperion can currently fit 8 425mm t2-rails without any issue. What is the problem again?

If you haven't noticed it's meant to be shield but it has much less pg than the other armor bs meant for durability.

So it works for what it is kind of intended for (with 5 mids), but it has less PG than armortanking ships? It used to have (almost) the exact same PG as a megathron. It just needed you to fit to many turrets, that's getting fixed. Remember that in the future, the abaddon has to support 8 guns, the rokh has 8 guns, the mael has 8 guns, the hyperion has 6 guns (and a 10% bonus). Under those circumstances, all seems to be pretty nice :)
Drake Doe
88Th Tax Haven
#911 - 2013-04-28 15:40:41 UTC
Lloyd Roses wrote:
Drake Doe wrote:
Lloyd Roses wrote:
Jonas Sukarala wrote:
CCP

Ye, shieldmodules require less PG, so you can easily fit artillery. Also, a shieldhyperion can currently fit 8 425mm t2-rails without any issue. What is the problem again?

If you haven't noticed it's meant to be shield but it has much less pg than the other armor bs meant for durability.

So it works for what it is kind of intended for (with 5 mids), but it has less PG than armortanking ships? It used to have (almost) the exact same PG as a megathron. It just needed you to fit to many turrets, that's getting fixed. Remember that in the future, the abaddon has to support 8 guns, the rokh has 8 guns, the mael has 8 guns, the hyperion has 6 guns (and a 10% bonus). Under those circumstances, all seems to be pretty nice :)

Sorry it was a typo, it's meant to be armor (hence the rep bonus) but it doesn't have the pg. And even then it could use a pg boost to be brought in line since it needs not only reps and boosters but it also needs an mwd to apply damage.

Drake Doe
88Th Tax Haven
#912 - 2013-04-28 15:46:15 UTC
To mare wrote:
Drake Doe wrote:
To mare wrote:
Drake Doe wrote:
To mare wrote:
typhoon look fine
mael look fine

Obvious hypocrite.

lol what?

since when the drone bay is a defining factor for ship speed, what matter is dsp and dps projection if that dps come from turrets drones or missile its not so important if CCP give the mega back the dmg (not rof) bonus and the 125m dronebay to the mega im totally happy )but probably i would consider it a nerf) but with that dps and that speed the mega its just straight better than the pest

So not only is the phoon faster with a higher drone bay, it is also much less cap dependant than it meaning it can project it's dps for a longer time. Even more important it's dps would only be slightly higher with a full drone bay and with it's shorter range it needs a full flight to do a decent amount of damage before getting in it's range. And it's only better than the pest because of it's gimped layout.

Kenshi Hanshin
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#913 - 2013-04-28 21:08:29 UTC
Deerin wrote:
[PLEASE look at their damage outputs and tell that again. Tachs outdamage 1400's by around 25%

Kenshi Hanshin wrote:
Which you can't fit on any present amarr hulls without using all the mids (for cap) and 2-3 lows + atleast 1 rig for powergrid to fit. Even then you don't have a tank woth ****. To add insult to injury you can't fire your guns either without a fing logi doing cap-transfer for more than 30 second. Not fixed.

...and all this has nothing to do with mael's PG does it?

Kenshi Hanshin wrote:
Now, if you don't know things just be quiet. No knowledge = no experience thus no commenting on things outside of that.

I sure know beams have issues and they are going to be adressed. I also pointed to the thread where the discussion about it is going on. So please carry all your wisdom of four races to that thread and leave maels PG (Which is barely enough) alone.

First, doesn't matter as you can't fire for more than 30 seconds on your own cap. Assuming no armor repper or anything else running. Not realistic scenario . Therefore, damage difference means nothing. Can't fire mean the actual damage is ~0.

Furthermore, the comparison is based on fitting requirements. I don't give a damn about the damage difference. Lasers should be higher to compensate for higher EM armor resists. If you really want to know. Projectile remember can fire any damage type.

The point I was making there was the Mael can fit 1400s without adding stuff in lows nor in rigs. Whereas the Amarr cannot. Which means that there are two possible explainations: Mael has too much pwg; or the Amarr ships (Apocalypse) don't have enough pwg. Pick one of those options and stick with it. I personally pick the latter of the two. So unless you can read people's minds or somehow an all-knowing person; don't remark on people's intentions. Unless you actually have some concrete evidence to do so.

Yes, and those issues have been beaten to death. Probably won't do any good though as we all know the devs all fly minmatar, if their balancing efforts are an indication. Therefore the devs seem hell bent on continuing their Minmatar-superiority agenda.
Deerin
East Trading Co Ltd
#914 - 2013-04-29 06:03:44 UTC
Deerin wrote:
I think the problem was not mael having a lot of PG, but Amarr having not enough PG to fit beams.

Kenshi Hanshin wrote:
Which means that there are two possible explainations: Mael has too much pwg; or the Amarr ships (Apocalypse) don't have enough pwg. Pick one of those options and stick with it. I personally pick the latter of the two.

See...we are thinking the same :)
Kagura Nikon
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#915 - 2013-04-29 14:28:33 UTC
Deerin wrote:
Deerin wrote:

Kenshi Hanshin wrote:
Which means that there are two possible explainations: Mael has too much pwg; or the Amarr ships (Apocalypse) don't have enough pwg. Pick one of those options and stick with it. I personally pick the latter of the two.

See...we are thinking the same :)

You have to add attack BC to taht. Tornado and Oracle can fit the giant guns (what I consider wrong). If the BC can fit.. Then the battleships should as well!

"If brute force does not solve your problem....  then you are  surely not using enough!"

Bugsy VanHalen
Society of lost Souls
#916 - 2013-04-29 14:28:56 UTC
Deerin wrote:

PLEASE look at their damage outputs and tell that again. Tachs outdamage 1400's by around 25%

Please have another look at the damage numbers yourself.

Arttys are high alfa weapons. this is there advantage. Yes Tachs will out DPS 1400 arttys, but so will almost every other large gun. arttys give up the DPS for having the highest alfa. the only ship that can beat the alfa damage of a full rack of 8 1400mm T2 guns is a seiged dread. If arttys also has good DPS they would be OP. it is all about tradeoffs.

laser weapons do not have the best alfa, or the best DPS. they suck a lot of cap, but do not require a cargohold full of ammo to keep fighting. in fact T1 ammo is basically unlimited. T1 crystals do not wear out. Faction or T2 crystals do, but that is the price you pay for more damage. a set of 8 faction crystals does not put a dent in your cargo like 10000 rounds of large autocannon ammo does, and the laser ammo will last longer.

There are benefits and penalties to every weapon system. If you ignore certain aspects you can make any system look over powered.

No weapon system can out DPS the equivalent size blasters. Does this make them OP? NO. Blasters suffer from limited range, they require ammo and cap, as well as a decently tanked ship. these penalties balance them out.
Kagura Nikon
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#917 - 2013-04-29 14:33:45 UTC
Jonas Sukarala wrote:
CCP

Maelstrom PG is irrelevant FOR AC. its there to fit 8 arties without PG module> remember when tuxford presented the ship and explained that, because he knew the shield boost bonus was useless in fleet fights (That were the main goal back then to tier 2 Battleships).

Attack BC need to not be able to fit 8 logn range guns of max size. AND APOC must be able to fit 8 tachyons, usign at most 1 PDS II ( tachyons are more powerful than other guns, so needign a single PDS that also help with capacitor seems fair). But Apco shoudl only need more than 1 fit mod if you want to fit TANk and 8 tachyons and a MWD.

"If brute force does not solve your problem....  then you are  surely not using enough!"

Kagura Nikon
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#918 - 2013-04-29 14:35:10 UTC
Bugsy VanHalen wrote:
Deerin wrote:

Please have another look at the damage numbers yourself.

Arttys are high alfa weapons. this is there advantage. Yes Tachs will out DPS 1400 arttys, but so will almost every other large gun. arttys give up the DPS for having the highest alfa. the only ship that can beat the alfa damage of a full rack of 8 1400mm T2 guns is a seiged dread. If arttys also has good DPS they would be OP. it is all about tradeoffs.

laser weapons do not have the best alfa, or the best DPS. they suck a lot of cap, but do not require a cargohold full of ammo to keep fighting. in fact T1 ammo is basically unlimited. T1 crystals do not wear out. Faction or T2 crystals do, but that is the price you pay for more damage. a set of 8 faction crystals does not put a dent in your cargo like 10000 rounds of large autocannon ammo does, and the laser ammo will last longer.

There are benefits and penalties to every weapon system. If you ignore certain aspects you can make any system look over powered.

No weapon system can out DPS the equivalent size blasters. Does this make them OP? NO. Blasters suffer from limited range, they require ammo and cap, as well as a decently tanked ship. these penalties balance them out.

Tachyosn have the second highest alpha,, the highest DPS and the highest tracking . Their only downside are fittings. The capacitor you are supposed to supply with injectors, using your HUGE cargo hold (larger than other races) that is also not used by ammo...

Kagura Nikon
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#919 - 2013-04-29 14:38:58 UTC
Kenshi Hanshin wrote:
Deerin wrote:
Jonas Sukarala wrote:
CCP

...and they adressed it too: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=224896&find=unread

After changes an apoc can fit a full rack of megabeams and will have more spare PG than a Mael. Though having a full rack of beams has some other issues, which is outside scope of this thread.

Not Addressed!

1400mm Arty /= Mega

1400mm Arty = Tachyon. Which you can't fit on any present amarr hulls without using all the mids (for cap) and 2-3 lows + atleast 1 rig for powergrid to fit. Even then you don't have a tank woth ****. To add insult to injury you can't fire your guns either without a fing logi doing cap-transfer for more than 30 second. Not fixed. Now, if you don't know things just be quiet. No knowledge = no experience thus no commenting on things outside of that.

I do also have All races Battleship at 5, and the 3 turrets types at large PSEC V as well. And I have used all of those in Combat between my chars. And I say you are WAY WRONG and unable to grasp simple concepts.

Apoc can very well use 1 more PG module to fit a full rack than a maesltrom because the tachyons are MORE POWERFUL weapons ( DPS and tracking) and it has a USEFUL bonus in fleet fights (that tracking one, while the shield boost one is useless with arties).

Its a very fair trade. Apoc with 1 less damage mod still doe smore DPS, track WAY WAY better (that woudl make the maelstrom need to use 2 mids to match that tracking).

Anabella Rella
Gradient
Electus Matari
#920 - 2013-04-29 16:35:37 UTC
Can all you Amarr zealots please get to the Amarr BS and laser re-balance threads and argue for changes there? We don't need any more nerfs to Minmatar ships, thanks.

P.S. Try opening your minds and realizing that the nerfs to Minmatar ships over the last year or so (along with major buffs to other races' ships) make your constant whining about "Winmatar" totally invalid and only makes you look foolish. Also, if you'd ever jump on the test servers and actually look to see what Devs are flying, you'd see that many of them use Amarrian ships.

When the world is running down, you make the best of what's still around.