These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Odyssey] Faction Navy Frigates

First post
Author
Pelea Ming
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#321 - 2013-04-01 14:59:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Pelea Ming
Hakan MacTrew wrote:
Did you really need 7 posts to write 8 sentences?

Not my fault that no one happened to be posting at all during the time I was making my responses to those other posts.

Also, that was only 5 posts :P

-edited for second sentence-
Lemming Alpha1dash1
Lemmings Online
#322 - 2013-04-01 16:27:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Lemming Alpha1dash1
I remember my firetail beating two hookbills and one comet during one of eve radio's show, good times Bear

Glad to see these ships even made better.

Query: how do you calculate sensor strength for all these ships ?

It seems not balanced at all, with a 36.4% difference between gallente/minmatar and caldari sensor strength.

EDIT: Query posted for CCP Fozzie

Information is Ammunition,

War does not tolerate Ambiguities.

May you live in an interesting Empyrean age !

http://eve-radio.com/

Colt Blackhawk
Doomheim
#323 - 2013-04-01 17:25:23 UTC
Quote:
I remember my firetail beating two hookbills and one comet during one of eve radio's show, good times

It seems not balanced at all, with a 36.4% difference between gallente/minmatar and caldari sensor strength.

Stop whining.
Good sensor strenght --->bad scan resolution.
Bad sensor strenght-------> super scan resolution.

Tbh scanres is even worth more in most situations.
So stop whining.

[09:04:53] Ashira Twilight > Plant the f****** amarr flag and s*** on their smoking wrecks.

Kagura Nikon
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#324 - 2013-04-02 15:05:05 UTC
Lemming Alpha1dash1 wrote:
I remember my firetail beating two hookbills and one comet during one of eve radio's show, good times Bear

That is intentional differences among the races. Its not supposed to be equal. Minmatar are supposed to be the weakest against ECM and caldari the strongest. Minmatar are supposed to lock faster and caldari slower.

BUT THeoretically minmatar were supposed to be the most agile and caldari the least agile.. but in last few years more and more we see caldari ships t hat can align faster than minmatar ones.

"If brute force does not solve your problem....  then you are  surely not using enough!"

None ofthe Above
#325 - 2013-04-02 21:26:30 UTC
I don't know Fozzie,

Faction Cruisers have ships that I am eager to fly, but these frigates are underwhelming. Several of the straight T1 ships are better, like the Condor.

A little more oomph please. I'd like to see a narrowing of the gap between Navy and Pirate factions.

And for frak's sake, bring back the space police Comet!

The only end-game content in EVE Online is the crap that makes you rage quit.

Lemming Alpha1dash1
Lemmings Online
#326 - 2013-04-03 07:55:38 UTC
Kagura Nikon wrote:
That is intentional differences among the races. Its not supposed to be equal. Minmatar are supposed to be the weakest against ECM and caldari the strongest. Minmatar are supposed to lock faster and caldari slower.

BUT THeoretically minmatar were supposed to be the most agile and caldari the least agile.. but in last few years more and more we see caldari ships t hat can align faster than minmatar ones.

Thanks for explaining this, it's a shame they need to trade off two different ship properties to eachother, scan rez and sensor strenght.
It makes as MUCH sense to me if they be trading sig size and ship speed properties to eachother, which they don't atm Bear

@Colt Blackhawk, your remarks show signs of your intelligence level, no skill found.

Information is Ammunition,

War does not tolerate Ambiguities.

May you live in an interesting Empyrean age !

http://eve-radio.com/

Meditril
Hoplite Brigade
Ushra'Khan
#327 - 2013-04-03 11:52:45 UTC
I really would like to see the Firetail going the Scythe Fleet Issue way... means give it bonuses to both, projectiles and missiles/rockets.
Colt Blackhawk
Doomheim
#328 - 2013-04-03 12:13:52 UTC
Quote:
@Colt Blackhawk, your remarks show signs of your intelligence level, no skill found.

get some glasses.

[09:04:53] Ashira Twilight > Plant the f****** amarr flag and s*** on their smoking wrecks.

Kagura Nikon
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#329 - 2013-04-03 14:30:07 UTC
Lemming Alpha1dash1 wrote:
Kagura Nikon wrote:

Thanks for explaining this, it's a shame they need to trade off two different ship properties to eachother, scan rez and sensor strenght.
It makes as MUCH sense to me if they be trading sig size and ship speed properties to eachother, which they don't atm Bear

Ship size and speed minmatar traded with total hitpoint count. The hitpoitn advantage used to be very very relevant in the past.

"If brute force does not solve your problem....  then you are  surely not using enough!"

Little Dragon Khamez
Guardians of the Underworld
#330 - 2013-04-03 18:47:51 UTC
I don't think this is true actually,

As I understand it Caldari ships are supposed to be well constructed and agile, minmatar ships were meant to be the fastest with the smallest signatures.

I agree it's all gone to **** though.

:)

Dumbing down of Eve Online will result in it's destruction...

Akirei Scytale
Okami Syndicate
#331 - 2013-04-03 19:15:37 UTC
Little Dragon Khamez wrote:
I don't think this is true actually,

As I understand it Caldari ships are supposed to be well constructed and agile, minmatar ships were meant to be the fastest with the smallest signatures.

I agree it's all gone to **** though.

:)

I'm pretty sure Caldari ships are meant to be clunky and slow. In basically every ship tier, the races rank like this:

Speed:
Minmatar
Gallente
Amarr
Caldari

Agility:
Gallente
Minmatar
Caldari
Amarr
Hakan MacTrew
Konrakas Forged
Solyaris Chtonium
#332 - 2013-04-05 10:34:35 UTC
Pelea Ming wrote:
Hakan MacTrew wrote:
Did you really need 7 posts to write 8 sentences?

Not my fault that no one happened to be posting at all during the time I was making my responses to those other posts.

Also, that was only 5 posts :P

-edited for second sentence-

Posts 313 through 319 are all yours, thats 7 posts. Learn to count.

With regards to sensor strength, I am sure there was a comment made by Fozzy before about Caldari having the highsest as its their ewar type. Each race is supposed to have the best defence against their own ewar.

That said, why do lasers have naff tracking?
Bouh Revetoile
In Wreck we thrust
#333 - 2013-04-05 11:26:51 UTC
Hakan MacTrew wrote:
With regards to sensor strength, I am sure there was a comment made by Fozzy before about Caldari having the highsest as its their ewar type. Each race is supposed to have the best defence against their own ewar.

That said, why do lasers have naff tracking?

No, caldari have the best sensor strength and the best targetting range because they are the best electronic race, followed by gallente. That's also why caldari and gallente EWAR target sensor : that's more harmfull.
Sieonigh
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#334 - 2013-04-07 11:47:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Sieonigh
Quote:
IMPERIAL NAVY SLICER:
Frigate skill bonuses: +25% to small energy turret damage and +10% to small energy turret optimal range per level
Slot layout: 3H, 2M, 5L; 2 turrets , 0 launchers
Fittings: 50 (+3) PWG, 125 (+10) CPU
Defense (shields / armor / hull) : 550 (-36) / 725 (+21) / 600 (+14)
Capacitor (amount / recharge rate / cap per second): 500 / 250 (-31.25) s / 2 (+0.2238)
Mobility (max velocity / agility / mass / align time): 350 / 3.3 / 1003000 / 3.1s
Drones (bandwidth / bay): 0 / 0
Targeting (max targeting range / Scan Resolution / Max Locked targets): 40km (+9) / 675 (+65) / 5 (+1)
Sensor strength: 11 Radar (+1)
Signature radius: 38

CALDARI NAVY HOOKBILL:
Caldari Frigate bonuses: +20% to Kinetic missile damage, +10% to EM, Explosive and Thermal missile damage and +10% to missile velocity per level
Slot layout: 3H, 5M, 2L; 0 turrets, 3 launchers
Fittings: 37 PWG, 165 CPU
Defense (shields / armor / hull): 725 (+21) / 550 (+24) / 600 (+131)
Capacitor (amount / recharge rate / cap per second): 300 (+19) / 150 (-37.5) s / 2 (+0.5013)
Mobility (max velocity / agility / mass / align time): 360 / 3.3 / 1081000 (+100000) / 3.34s (+0.31)
Targeting (max targeting range / Scan Resolution / Max Locked targets): 45km (+10) / 600 (+50) / 5 (+1)
Sensor strength: 13 Gravimetric (+1)
Signature radius: 40

FEDERATION NAVY COMET:
Gallente Frigate bonuses: +7.5% to small hybrid turret tracking and +20% to small hybrid turret damage per level
Slot layout: 3H, 3M, 4L; 2 turrets, 0 launchers
Fittings: 40 PWG, 160 (+8) CPU
Defense (shields / armor / hull): 575 (-11) / 700 (+56) / 750 (+176)
Capacitor (amount / recharge rate / cap per second): 400 (+35) / 200s (-34.38) / 2 (+0.4427)
Mobility (max velocity / agility / mass / align time): 375 / 3.135 / 970000 / 2.85s
Drones (bandwidth / bay): 15 / 30
Targeting (max targeting range / Scan Resolution / Max Locked targets): 37.5km (+5) / 650 (+30) / 5 (+1)
Sensor strength: 11 Magnetometric
Signature radius: 42

REPUBLIC FLEET FIRETAIL:
Frigate skill bonuses: +25% (+5%) to small projectile turret damage and +7.5% to small projectile turret tracking per level
Slot layout: 3H, 4M, 3L; 2 turrets, 1 launchers
Fittings: 40 (+1) PWG, 150 (+10) CPU
Defense (shields / armor / hull) : 675 (+89) / 675 (+149) / 525 (+21)
Capacitor (amount / recharge rate / cap per second): 280 (+30) / 140s (-47.5) / 2 (+0.667)
Mobility (max velocity / agility / mass / align time): 410 / 3.2 / 1098000 / 3.29s
Targeting (max targeting range / Scan Resolution / Max Locked targets): 35km (+5) / 700 (+40) / 5 (+1)
Sensor strength: 10 Ladar (+1)
Signature radius: 35

Let us know what you think!

i assume the shield recharge times are staying the same as you have not quoted them?
CCP Fozzie
C C P
C C P Alliance
#335 - 2013-04-08 14:06:25 UTC
Sieonigh wrote:

i assume the shield recharge times are staying the same as you have not quoted them?

Yes, I only put shield recharge into the stats lists if it's changing. Since we change that stat less often it would just clutter up the list otherwise.

Game Designer | Team Five-0

Twitter: @CCP_Fozzie
Twitch chat: ccp_fozzie

Michael Harari
Genos Occidere
HYDRA RELOADED
#336 - 2013-04-08 18:14:21 UTC
Any thoughts on making the comet less fat, and dropping its sig to like 38-39?
Mildew Wolf
#337 - 2013-04-08 20:07:16 UTC
imo the scan resolution should be much higher on these ships in general. compared to other cheaper frigs with similar roles they lock very slowly. a condor has almost twice the scan res of a hookbill. im glad to see the changes but they are too modest imo
Lillith Sakata
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#338 - 2013-04-08 20:35:09 UTC
not too keen on the firetail getting more bonus. Already kills the other ships as is.
Michael Harari
Genos Occidere
HYDRA RELOADED
#339 - 2013-04-08 21:39:28 UTC
Lillith Sakata wrote:
not too keen on the firetail getting more bonus. Already kills the other ships as is.

The firetail loses to every other faction frigate, and a good number of t1 frigates
Rebecha Pucontis
Doomheim
#340 - 2013-04-08 23:55:52 UTC
I like these changes. The new firetail looks very nice. Great job on these faction frigates.