These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Jita Park Speakers Corner

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Fon Revedhort for CSM 8 - PvP for PvPers and those with a clue

First post First post First post
Author
Aryth
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#101 - 2013-03-28 22:33:30 UTC
One wonders what would happen if he made it onto a major nullsec ballot as a megatroll. Would CCP's worst nightmare be that scenerio? Who knows!

Leader of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal.

Creator of Burn Jita

Vile Rat: You're the greatest sociopath that has ever played eve.

Rythm
True Power Team
#102 - 2013-03-28 22:37:48 UTC
Father Snuggles wrote:

Look at this video which he submitted last year in connection with his CSM candiacy. I'd say "listen to the songs", but they're all neonazi rock drivel, so don't. Instead, take note of this bit from the opening:

This video was submitted as reaction to stupid trolling campaign my mindless mittani monkeys. =)
Something like you can call him names but he's still 1000x better than you ;P

Amarrius Ibn Pontificus
Legion Air
Meracom
#103 - 2013-03-28 22:41:59 UTC
Aryth wrote:
One wonders what would happen if he made it onto a major nullsec ballot as a megatroll. Would CCP's worst nightmare be that scenerio? Who knows!

Seeing as CCP just keeps on sweeping crap under the rug and allow this guy to run, I'm tempted to vote for him and hope he makes it into the final 14 just so those vikings learn a lesson that's long overdue.
Xander Phoena
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#104 - 2013-03-28 22:42:44 UTC
ISD Cura Ursus wrote:
Topic locked for cleaning up.

CCP understands the concerns of many in this thread and are currently looking into this matter.
However, this htread has gone off the rails and as such I will be cleaning this thread of its most aggressive posts.

This may take a while, so please be patient.

I do hope you listen to the interview that kicked all of this conversation off in this thread in the first place when you are looking into the matter.

www.crossingzebras.com

Two step
Aperture Harmonics
#105 - 2013-03-28 22:43:05 UTC
Rythm wrote:
Father Snuggles wrote:

Look at this video which he submitted last year in connection with his CSM candiacy. I'd say "listen to the songs", but they're all neonazi rock drivel, so don't. Instead, take note of this bit from the opening:

This video was submitted as reaction to stupid trolling campaign my mindless mittani monkeys. =)

Oh, I guess that is why he says this, in his thread (https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=895337#post895337) (at least until CCP edits it out)

Fon Revedhort wrote:

this movie has been brewed in accordance with strict Aryan purity laws,

CSM 7 Secretary CSM 6 Alternate Delegate @two_step_eve on Twitter My Blog

Hans Jagerblitzen
Ice Fire Warriors
#106 - 2013-03-28 22:43:53 UTC
Amarrius Ibn Pontificus wrote:
I'm tempted to vote for him and hope he makes it into the final 14 just so those vikings learn a lesson that's long overdue.

Are you saying that there are certain "racial truths" you wish them to be educated of?

CPM0 Chairman / CSM7 Vice Secretary

Rythm
True Power Team
#107 - 2013-03-28 22:49:19 UTC
Two step wrote:

Oh, I guess that is why he says this, in his thread (https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=895337#post895337) (at least until CCP edits it out)

Fon Revedhort wrote:

this movie has been brewed in accordance with strict Aryan purity laws,

And are you worried about it? Would you like to talk about it? Say if I roleplay ortodox jew, does it make me ortodox jew?
By the way i claim right to your land and house, where's my deed ?
Richard Bong
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#108 - 2013-03-28 22:50:24 UTC
Rythm wrote:
Father Snuggles wrote:

Ah the old "it was a troll!!lolol" when backed up against a wall.

[ASK] Me about drive by thread shitting!

Rythm
True Power Team
#109 - 2013-03-28 22:53:10 UTC
Richard Bong wrote:

Please get some reading comprehension skills. If you stop eating mcdonalds and switch to something healthy it may help. I clearly said that video was a response to the trolling campaign.
Father Snuggles
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#110 - 2013-03-28 23:01:32 UTC
Rythm wrote:
Father Snuggles wrote:

Well shucks, that must make it that much more shameful for him then when people like me calling him "names" prevents him from being elected to the CSM, despite being "1000x better than me".

I have firmly been put in my place.
Heimdallofasgard
Ministry of Furious Retribution
Fraternity.
#111 - 2013-03-28 23:03:40 UTC
In the event of a CSM candidate such as Fon Revedhort being elected... a candidate with such strong, controversial and hateful views, would CCP step in to veto candidates?

I mean, capsuleers elect the CSM representatives, but CCP has a company to run, and the potential PR disaster resulting from Fon Revedhort's (possible) election to the CSM would expose CCP to too much commercial risk. At the end of the day, CCP should have the final say in whether they allow people to be stakeholders in THEIR business.
Amon Kadon
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#112 - 2013-03-28 23:05:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Amon Kadon
It's all moot anyway. There are far too many outlets with slow news cycles who'd love to fill space with a story about EVE Online electing a bona fide fascist as a community liaison. And, if this thread is any indication, there are plenty of players who'd like to spread the word (one way or the other). I doubt CCP has either the inclination or the time to mount an eloquent defence of free speech rights in an international context, nor would they want to be known for defending someone as colourful as Fon Revedhort.

I can already see the headlines...
"Fascism in the Stars"
"New Eden's New Neo-Nazi CSM"
"Arbeit Macht Frei Speech"
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#113 - 2013-03-28 23:07:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Krixtal Icefluxor
Heimdallofasgard wrote:
In the event of a CSM candidate such as Fon Revedhort being elected... a candidate with such strong, controversial and hateful views, would CCP step in to veto candidates?

I mean, capsuleers elect the CSM representatives, but CCP has a company to run, and the potential PR disaster resulting from Fon Revedhort's (possible) election to the CSM would expose CCP to too much commercial risk. At the end of the day, CCP should have the final say in whether they allow people to be stakeholders in THEIR business.

Any more it almost seems as if some people want to deliberately push things as far as humanly possible.

Then throw fits that their 'rights' have been violated.

edit: you throw enough literal 'crap' on the coals and it will eventually catch fire. People bring this nonsense upon themselves. As if Fon 'had no idea' there would be a majority of players with issues with him. Riiiiiiiight. Mm-hmmm.

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Richard Bong
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#114 - 2013-03-28 23:10:04 UTC
Rythm wrote:
Richard Bong wrote:

Please get some reading comprehension skills. If you stop eating mcdonalds and switch to something healthy it may help. I clearly said that video was a response to the trolling campaign.

You could almost say he "trolled" them back.

[ASK] Me about drive by thread shitting!

Sarmatiko
#115 - 2013-03-28 23:12:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Sarmatiko
Heimdallofasgard wrote:

They may as well abolish CSM completely, because there is no point in election, if you can remove unpopular winners at your pleasure. With 2 removed members in a row CSM will lose all remaining credibility.
Personally I'd rather have more confident developers like Fozzie, than circus called "CSM" with drama on every election.
Heimdallofasgard
Ministry of Furious Retribution
Fraternity.
#116 - 2013-03-28 23:30:55 UTC
Sarmatiko wrote:
Heimdallofasgard wrote:

They may as well abolish CSM completely, because there is no point in election, if you can remove unpopular winners at your pleasure. With 2 removed members in a row CSM will lose all remaining credibility.
Personally I'd rather have more confident developers like Fozzie, than circus called "CSM" with drama on every election.

Abolishing the CSM would be unfortunate, and in my opinion, a bad move.

The CSM is a very unique and commendable thing to have in place, other game developers would kill to have such a close relationship with their playerbase, and up till now it's a very positive thing for EVE and CCP to have. After 10 years of existence, with EVE being how it is, with such a huge emphasis on community and working together for "emergent content"... it would be naive not to have some sort of community representation.

But with the employ of such community facing developers such as Fozzie, Falcon, Dolan, and Rise, the community interaction from developers is as high as it's ever been. This almost serves to trivialise the role of the CSM (not intentionally of course), but I think CCP really needs to take a hard look at what they want the CSM to be... lest we have more D3's who serve just to prove a point and cause a headache for genuine progress.

ISD Cura Ursus
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#117 - 2013-03-28 23:49:08 UTC
OK, just deleted another sub thread.

Please keep this on-topic.....saying someone else is bad or rather not good does not make you better, and linking to threads over 3 years old that do not involve the OP.....

No.

If you want to discuss the OP's attempt at candidacy do it here.

For a meta-discussion about whether CCP should allow the candidacy there is a thread for that:
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=220032&find=unread

Keep it clean there too.

ISD Cura Ursus

Lieutenant Commander

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

SmilingVagrant
Doomheim
#118 - 2013-03-28 23:51:45 UTC
No I'm pretty sure I can unequivocally say that I'm better than him.
duckmonster
Perkone
Caldari State
#119 - 2013-03-29 00:03:57 UTC  |  Edited by: duckmonster
e: screw this.

Permitting an IRL neo n azi to even play this game is a god damn embarassment.
Mara Tessidar
Perkone
Caldari State
#120 - 2013-03-29 00:06:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Mara Tessidar
Now now, you have to respect everyone's views, even views that would see you dying horribly along with everyone else with your skin color. Because that's what's fair.

/s