These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Jita Park Speakers Corner

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Fon Revedhort for CSM 8 - PvP for PvPers and those with a clue

First post First post First post
Author
Father Snuggles
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#81 - 2013-03-28 16:11:18 UTC
So...how about this Fon Revedhort dude, huh?
Alphea Abbra
Project Promethion
#82 - 2013-03-28 16:14:27 UTC
Is it just me who finds it somewhat funny that the goons in this thread (People who, by popular belief and stereotype at least, are trying to ruin everyone else's gaming experience, make them commit suicide, gank HS people for fun because goons are sociopaths, psychopaths and psychophants etc etc etc...) are the ones with the reasoned, humane, civilised viewpoints, and the HS miner or whatever (By popular belief and stereotype, calm, civlised, law-abiding, minding-their-own-business etc) is the neonazi sympathiser?
It really makes you think, doesn't it...

Anyway, I'll vote for someone else. The largest problem, to me at least, is that with so few candidates, if every vote was cast purely at random, he'd have roughly 50/50 to get in.
Mad world, innit?
EvilweaselSA
GoonCorp
Goonswarm Federation
#83 - 2013-03-28 16:40:16 UTC
to bring this around to fon:

ccp is freely allowed under icelandic, and any other law, to remove fon from the running and refuse to associate with him. although they have failed to do this (and we should castigate them for that), we should all realize that fon, and anyone who associates with him and defends him, are unworthy of a vote and should not be associated with
The Mittani
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#84 - 2013-03-28 16:53:23 UTC  |  Edited by: The Mittani
So the guy who literally refers to 'too many null reps on the csm' as a 'war crime' in his sig is now bending over backwards to vehemently defend an actual neo-nazi by citing any random law he can find anywhere while not being a lawyer himself in an argument with actual licensed attorneys.

Meanwhile, Fon is still 'approved' as a CSM candidate despite his recent interview defending his views on racial nationalism.

Just trying to make sure I 'get' this thread.

~hi~

Dersen Lowery
The Scope
#85 - 2013-03-28 17:17:02 UTC
I'm neither a lawyer nor a political scientist, but: Seriously, Frying Doom, all you're doing here is keeping this thread at the top of Jita Park, for no other reason than your unwillingness to concede and back down.

Is this really the hill you want to die on?

Proud founder and member of the Belligerent Desirables.

I voted in CSM X!

Roime
Yamagata Syndicate
Shadow Cartel
#86 - 2013-03-28 17:59:09 UTC
The Mittani wrote:
So the guy who literally refers to 'too many null reps on the csm' as a 'war crime' in his sig is now bending over backwards to vehemently defend an actual neo-**** by citing any random law he can find anywhere while not being a lawyer himself in an argument with actual licensed attorneys.

Meanwhile, Fon is still 'approved' as a CSM candidate despite his recent interview defending his views on racial nationalism.

Just trying to make sure I 'get' this thread.


I'm trying to make my mind whether this natsi thing is some crazy Goon propaganda or based on actual facts, and since this thread went places- could someone link something?

I fully support Fon's platform as what comes to this spaceship game, but would like to reserve judgement about this neonatsi thing.

.

Father Snuggles
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#87 - 2013-03-28 18:13:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Father Snuggles
Roime wrote:

I'm trying to make my mind whether this natsi thing is some crazy Goon propaganda or based on actual facts, and since this thread went places- could someone link something?

I fully support Fon's platform as what comes to this spaceship game, but would like to reserve judgement about this neonatsi thing.



Look at this video which he submitted last year in connection with his CSM candiacy. I'd say "listen to the songs", but they're all neonazi rock drivel, so don't. Instead, take note of this bit from the opening:

http://i.imgur.com/8xq4BOO.png

While he is quoting words from the song "Der Widerstand" by the german neonazi rockband "Sleipnir" (indicating he has a grasp on the lyrics both in the opening and in a later song where he quotes "Den Dolch an der Kehle", which translates into "With the dagger on your throat" when he hits low armor/structure), he lists the docket number as "14/88".

Just go ahead, take a minute and enter "14/88" into Wikipedia. You're welcome.

Then, skipping the horrible songs, including the russian one with acutal "Sieg Heil" in the lyrics, go to the very end where he lists his soundtrack. Just go ahead and google a handful of the bands you see there.


When you're done with that, check out this interview done by Xander Phoena for the CSM 8 elections. Fon Revedhort's real gems are towards the end, where he suddenly pretends to no longer understand english instead of digging himself deeper into the hole he's already in.

And that's just off the top of my head.
Others should be more than able to weigh in with his frequent quotes from other places on these forums.


/edit:

Uh, you know what...apparently Fon Revedhort is doing my work for me. Have a quote:

Fon Revedhort wrote:
Womyn Power wrote:

I have no problem with people of any skin color, creed, or nationality who chose to leave behind where they've come from and assimilate to the culture that prevails in the land where I am from.

I have a problem with people who come to a country, completely alien in culture and creed and assume that because some leftists who have taken their ideology too far they are entitled to the social welfare and services of the community itself. This is nothing but intentional destruction of culture by idiots who have chosen to drink the koolaid of cultural marxism.

As for your argument of 'get out of my country that I'm not originally from'; how exactly do you know I'm not from a country that has housed my ancestors for literally thousands of years? In Fons case, he's from Russia, he is of the Rus is he not? I think literally 1000 years of heritage and tradition of his people is worth saving and standing up for. Though I do respect your opinion if you think it should be thrown to the wind - however, I will stand against that until my dying day. White people have created something to be proud of, and proud of it I am.

Sums it up pretty nice, actually.

We've got our land, they've got theirs. Why lay claims on something neither you nor your grandfathers earned instead of just agreeing to be a mere guest in someone's home?

Sadly, perverts can hardly comprehend such basic things and would rather indeed provoke the universal hatred. Alas.
Khanh'rhh
Sparkle Motion.
#88 - 2013-03-28 18:15:30 UTC
Roime wrote:
The Mittani wrote:
So the guy who literally refers to 'too many null reps on the csm' as a 'war crime' in his sig is now bending over backwards to vehemently defend an actual neo-**** by citing any random law he can find anywhere while not being a lawyer himself in an argument with actual licensed attorneys.

Meanwhile, Fon is still 'approved' as a CSM candidate despite his recent interview defending his views on racial nationalism.

Just trying to make sure I 'get' this thread.


I'm trying to make my mind whether this natsi thing is some crazy Goon propaganda or based on actual facts, and since this thread went places- could someone link something?

I fully support Fon's platform as what comes to this spaceship game, but would like to reserve judgement about this neonatsi thing.


I was going to try to post proof, but then Fon went and did it himself.

Also his PVP videos are full of it.

"Do not touch anything unnecessarily. Beware of pretty girls in dance halls and parks who may be spies, as well as bicycles, revolvers, uniforms, arms, dead horses, and men lying on roads -- they are not there accidentally." -Soviet infantry manual,

Frying Doom
#89 - 2013-03-28 18:21:15 UTC
Khanh'rhh wrote:
Roime wrote:
The Mittani wrote:
So the guy who literally refers to 'too many null reps on the csm' as a 'war crime' in his sig is now bending over backwards to vehemently defend an actual neo-**** by citing any random law he can find anywhere while not being a lawyer himself in an argument with actual licensed attorneys.

Meanwhile, Fon is still 'approved' as a CSM candidate despite his recent interview defending his views on racial nationalism.

Just trying to make sure I 'get' this thread.


I'm trying to make my mind whether this natsi thing is some crazy Goon propaganda or based on actual facts, and since this thread went places- could someone link something?

I fully support Fon's platform as what comes to this spaceship game, but would like to reserve judgement about this neonatsi thing.


I was going to try to post proof, but then Fon went and did it himself.

Also his PVP videos are full of it.

Not as bad as what I was expecting but definitely not great that's for sure.

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

Father Snuggles
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#90 - 2013-03-28 18:27:21 UTC
Frying Doom wrote:
Khanh'rhh wrote:
Roime wrote:

I'm trying to make my mind whether this natsi thing is some crazy Goon propaganda or based on actual facts, and since this thread went places- could someone link something?

I fully support Fon's platform as what comes to this spaceship game, but would like to reserve judgement about this neonatsi thing.


I was going to try to post proof, but then Fon went and did it himself.

Also his PVP videos are full of it.

Not as bad as what I was expecting but definitely not great that's for sure.


The dude prefixes his pvp-manifesto with "14/88", which stands for the fourteen words of white supremacists (""We must secure the existence of our people and a future for White Children.") and 88, the alphabetical coding of neonazis for "Heil Hitler", the entire soundtrack is neonazi rocksongs and he closes with the quote "For those still daring to remember their roots and live accordingly".

This isn't "as bad as you expected"?
What in god's name did you expect?
HVAC Repairman
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#91 - 2013-03-28 18:30:40 UTC  |  Edited by: HVAC Repairman
yo in the 1700's doctors would make house calls to their patients and in the 1300's people would build their houses from stone and sticks and would hide swords from the english because they were only allowed to train with stones and people would burn folk alive because they would float in water and tie people in bags with a dog, a monkey, and a snake so don't pretend culture hasn't and will not continue to change and if you hate white/brown/yellow/black/polkadot people just say you hate them because whatever pseudo-racist garbage you are trying to hide from/but not really i'm not buying and your narrow-minded bigoted views are an embarrassment to the gene pool

although i think the minutes with you and riverini would be pretty entertaining tbh
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#92 - 2013-03-28 18:33:53 UTC
My mother is 85 years old. Went through WW II in and around Berlin. Was in the H. Youth.

She knows all about EVE and the CSM and all that.

I informed her of this situation and she has one word of advice for folks like Fon.

"Be careful what you ask for."



(BTW, if my picture is shirtless, blame CCP's sloppy coding for the new Quafe Yellow shirts. Bug Report filed.)

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Reppyk
The Black Shell
#93 - 2013-03-28 18:56:53 UTC
Father Snuggles wrote:
The dude prefixes his pvp-manifesto with "14/88", which stands for the fourteen words of white supremacists (""We must secure the existence of our people and a future for White Children.") and 88, the alphabetical coding of neonazis for "Heil Hitler", the entire soundtrack is neonazi rocksongs and he closes with the quote "For those still daring to remember their roots and live accordingly".

This isn't "as bad as you expected"?
What in god's name did you expect?
You missed the celtic cross right at the begining too.

I AM SPACE CAPTAIN REPPYK. BEWARE.

Proud co-admin of frugu.net, a French fansite about EVE !

None ofthe Above
#94 - 2013-03-28 19:47:54 UTC  |  Edited by: None ofthe Above
I think CCP is probably handling this all correctly.

As much as I am offended by the white supremacist references and themes, I don't think CCP should be preemptively axing candidacies.

There are controls here however.

If someone has done something so offensive as to be bannable, petition it. A banned person cannot run for CSM or serve on the CSM. (Well this is mostly a judgement call by the community team, but they likely won't look at pulling a candidacy until a banning is approved.)

Once someone starts serving on the CSM there are additional standards of conduct as part of that position. If violated then the person should and probably will be removed. Doesn't cover past acts, but would cover anything past the beginning of the term.

This to me seems a good balance between an open democratic process with some oversight. So I think the calls to CCP to intervene now are misplaced.

If you don't like the guy, campaign against him. Or campaign for someone else and push for voter participation to increase the chances that a fringe candidate can make it onto the CSM.

If he's done something bannable, petition it.

Otherwise: /thread.

The only end-game content in EVE Online is the crap that makes you rage quit.

ISD Cura Ursus
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#95 - 2013-03-28 20:08:24 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Cura Ursus
Topic locked for cleaning up.


CCP understands the concerns of many in this thread and are currently looking into this matter.
However, this htread has gone off the rails and as such I will be cleaning this thread of its most aggressive posts.

This may take a while, so please be patient.

ISD Cura Ursus

Lieutenant Commander

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

ISD Cura Ursus
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#96 - 2013-03-28 22:14:17 UTC
OK.

*puts the mop down*

Phew.

That took a while.

OK, let me lay down some ground rules:

1. Discussing the CSM candidate and whether or not he holds a belief is fine.
2. Personal attacks are not allowed. No matter how abhorrent you find another person's belief on the forum, calling them names is not the right course of action.
3. Discussing politics is forbidden.
-This means dredging up laws to support your voting decision is off topic and possible trolling.
-This also means discussing the relative merits of political groups does not belong here.
4. Keep it civil. This goes with #2.

That being said, I pruned this thread with pretty big shears. I am sure I stepped on quite a few toes with the pruning. If you feel that I removed your post in error, please petition this. Sending me hating evemail regarding my removal of your favorite post will not help.

Do not take my choice in pruning as an endorsement of any particular view of the ideas posited in this thread. I tried to remain as neutral as possible regarding this and keep only posts and ideas relevant to the CSM candidacy.
I am only human and I am sure I made mistakes, but if you feel I need a talkin' to, petition it.

Have a nice day and let's try to keep it to the topic at hand...this particular candidate's attempt to be on the CSM.

ISD Cura Ursus

Lieutenant Commander

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

ISD Eshtir
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#97 - 2013-03-28 22:23:36 UTC
Also, no discussion of moderation please!

ISD Eshtir

Captain

Community Communication Liaisons

Interstellar Services Department

Father Snuggles
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#98 - 2013-03-28 22:24:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Father Snuggles
ISD Cura Ursus wrote:
OK.

*puts the mop down*

Phew.

That took a while.

OK, let me lay down some ground rules:

1. Discussing the CSM candidate and whether or not he holds a belief is fine.
2. Personal attacks are not allowed. No matter how abhorrent you find another person's belief on the forum, calling them names is not the right course of action.
3. Discussing politics is forbidden.
-This means dredging up laws to support your voting decision is off topic and possible trolling.
-This also means discussing the relative merits of political groups does not belong here.
4. Keep it civil. This goes with #2.

That being said, I pruned this thread with pretty big shears. I am sure I stepped on quite a few toes with the pruning. If you feel that I removed your post in error, please petition this. Sending me hating evemail regarding my removal of your favorite post will not help.

Do not take my choice in pruning as an endorsement of any particular view of the ideas posited in this thread. I tried to remain as neutral as possible regarding this and keep only posts and ideas relevant to the CSM candidacy.
I am only human and I am sure I made mistakes, but if you feel I need a talkin' to, petition it.

Have a nice day and let's try to keep it to the topic at hand...this particular candidate's attempt to be on the CSM.


To put a definite matter on the table:

Since this is a thread for discussing a candidate's qualities as a potential representative for the eve playerbase, I submit that comments a candidate voluntarily offers with regard to his personal beliefs, should they have an impact on the way he would discharge his duties as an elected representative, regardless of the nature of those comments, be they beneficial or adverse to his case, are relevant to this thread. (Notwithstanding violations of forum rules, of course)

Would this statement be correct?
ISD Cura Ursus
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#99 - 2013-03-28 22:28:19 UTC
Father Snuggles wrote:

To put a definite matter on the table:

Since this is a thread for discussing a candidate's qualities as a potential representative for the eve playerbase, I submit that comments a candidate voluntarily offers with regard to his personal beliefs, should they have an impact on the way he would discharge his duties as an elected representative, regardless of the nature of those comments, be they beneficial or adverse to his case, are relevant to this threat. (Notwithstanding violations of forum rules, of course)

Would this statement be correct?


Generally, yes.
Which is why I tried to leave comments that touched on that subject mostly alone, unlesss they were in reply(quoted) other non acceptable comments.

ISD Cura Ursus

Lieutenant Commander

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

Fon Revedhort
Monks of War
#100 - 2013-03-28 22:32:01 UTC
Quoting my opening post here:

Quote:
Finally, scandalmongering and backstage steps of blob apologists were thoroughly in line with their game views. They were smart enough to see a threat coming to their interests. If anything, it would have been really surprising to see plush villains missing an opportunity to clamour against real-life "evil", which "surely" saves one a hassle of having a discussion on the matter itself. These people can only praise someone utterly toothless who won't cause much trouble - a yesterday's newbie with little to none success beyond mere frigs will fit perfectly, the more so if his most significant "threat" posed to blobs is defined as "nerf gang-links".


So take any attempts of subpar discussion as granted Cool

I personally had expected just that, that's why I tried my best at addressing the broad number of issues right from the start, before trolling would prevail and make a constructive talk simply impossible.

"Being supporters of free speech and free and open [CSM] elections... we removed Fon Revedhort from eligibility". CCP, April 2013.