These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

My Experiences in EvE

Author
Cyprus Black
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#21 - 2013-03-28 09:18:41 UTC
The voice in the video actually matches your avatar and how I imagined he/she would sound. Kinda creepy now that I think about it.

Summary of EvEs last four expansions: http://imgur.com/ZL5SM33

Login Wars
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#22 - 2013-03-28 10:50:47 UTC
Cyprus Black wrote:
The voice in the video actually matches your avatar and how I imagined he/she would sound. Kinda creepy now that I think about it.

You think so? I just hit random a few times.

She's a pretty masculine female then. ;0
Untanas Volmyr
Perkone
Caldari State
#23 - 2013-03-28 18:50:53 UTC
I tried to play this game several times in the past. Once I had the time to figure it out ( completing the tutorials ) I was hooked.

Murphy's Technology Law - If your not thoroughly confused. Then you were not thoroughly informed.

Takseen
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#24 - 2013-03-28 19:08:18 UTC
Login Wars wrote:
Cyprus Black wrote:

You think so? I just hit random a few times.

She's a pretty masculine female then. ;0

Your avatar looks like Rule 63 Snape.
Takseen
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#25 - 2013-03-28 19:15:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Takseen
Arduidity? No that's still not a word Lol

I'm glad you tried a player corp out. If you liked RvB but hate station camping and having to grind missions for ISK, maybe try Faction Warfare? You're earning ISK and waiting for targets at the same time, and station camps just don't happen much at all. Edit : Except in Villore and Dodixie. So don't use those stations.
Ovv Topik
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#26 - 2013-03-28 20:16:38 UTC
Login Wars wrote:

That pretty much hit the nail on the head, it is quite difficult to get out of this "Where's my little X" mentality. It's almost akin to how the western world is trained to believe capitalism is the only true doctrine and anything else, like communism, is utterly absurd.

But once you do get past it (Sandbox v themepark, not Cap v Comm) you see it's immeasurable advantage.

EvE is not a game you play to Level 50, win and quit.

It is a true virtual galaxy of infinite complexity, bottomless depth and unbounded horizons.

It's still not for everyone. But if you ever can see it then : "Welcome comrade citizen!"

"Nicknack, I'm in a shoe in space, on my computer, in my house, with a cup of coffee, in't that something." - Fly Safe PopPaddi. o7

Login Wars
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#27 - 2013-03-30 00:16:07 UTC
Takseen wrote:
Arduidity? No that's still not a word Lol

I'm glad you tried a player corp out. If you liked RvB but hate station camping and having to grind missions for ISK, maybe try Faction Warfare? You're earning ISK and waiting for targets at the same time, and station camps just don't happen much at all. Edit : Except in Villore and Dodixie. So don't use those stations.

Aw what? it's a not a word? I was so sure! it sounded so perfect at the time. I think i'm gonna continue to use it and see what happens...

Well, I'm definitely going come back when Odyssey goes live to check things out.
Previous page12