These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Live Events Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

titan is dead, was totally scripted

Author
Julien Brellier
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#21 - 2013-03-22 21:24:17 UTC
Oh for goodness sake.

Yulai was scripted.
The Elder War was scripted.
Kadur's invasion was scripted.

Most of these storyline events happen during downtime with no pleyr involvement at all, so stop being a bunch of whiny little bitches and just accept that things change sometimes and there is nothing you can do about it

I'm more worried about the fact that everything in Null is scripted or agreed upon in advance these days.
Calathorn Virpio
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#22 - 2013-03-22 21:26:13 UTC
Julien Brellier wrote:
Oh for goodness sake.

Yulai was scripted.
The Elder War was scripted.
Kadur's invasion was scripted.

Most of these storyline events happen during downtime with no pleyr involvement at all, so stop being a bunch of whiny little bitches and just accept that things change sometimes and there is nothing you can do about it

I'm more worried about the fact that everything in Null is scripted or agreed upon in advance these days.

if it's scripted say so, this false advertising just pissed me off

BRING BACK THE JUKEBOX

I attended the School of Hard Nocks, the only place you will ever learn anything of value, sadly most Americans never meet the requirments to attend

Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#23 - 2013-03-22 21:28:07 UTC
I think the one thing we can all agree on is that at least it was a better ending than Mass Effect 3.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Simon Louvaki
Khaldari InnoTektoniks and Analytical Solutions
#24 - 2013-03-22 21:30:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Simon Louvaki
Bitching about something scripted during downtime with no promise of player influence doesn't really fit the same bill. False advertisement is something to ***** about assuming its ever discovered that this was scripted. Personally I flew in with no doubt that we'd lose. CCP dropped some heavy hints about it and the situation was dire from the get go.

Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:
I think the one thing we can all agree on is that at least it was a better ending than Mass Effect 3.

Ha! true enough!

-- "The weak of mind are quick to judge with slightest tempt; Thus fools go forth to spread false word." - The Scriptures, Book of Trials 2:13 - 2:21

--"At the narrow passage, there is no brother and no friend." - Hyasyoda Proverb

Gabriel Karade
Coreli Corporation
Pandemic Legion
#25 - 2013-03-22 21:34:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Gabriel Karade
1. DD can't be fired in empire space at all - fundamental mechanic that can't be changed on the fly, besides even if you could - 1 DD, 1 target blapped - big deal.

2. It's Gallente space, they have the home advantage (and it was 23 Moros that warped in) not to mention the bigger Navy

3. Most of the players wanted to whore a Titan or super killmail.

4. It wasn't simply 23 Moros vs Titan, there were 4x Wyverns there, 5 Phoenix, and 9 Chimera's when the FN dreads warped in.

5. Titan did not die until its support was taken out.

If a strong power block had wanted to, those Moros' would have died. No Moros - no Titan kill, but I refer you back to point #3.

At the end of the day there were really 4 types of people involved:

Caldari loyalist - want to see FN fleet die
Gallente loyalist - want to see Titan die, FN fleet succeed
Random who wants to whore on Supercap kill-mail
Random who wants to whore on the kill-mail of those whoring on the Supercap kill-mail.

I count myself somewhat in camp 2, but really more in 3 & 4, in particular 4. I’m sure if you did a straw poll most would probably just be in camps 3 and 4, actually borne out by how long fighting continued once all the supers were gone.

So yes, FN had the initial advantage, but no-one (who could) seriously went all out to support the Caldari by sorting out those dreads (which were stock T2 fit btw).

Quit whining.

War Machine: http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=386293

Namdor
#26 - 2013-03-22 21:36:35 UTC
Quote:
1. DD can't be fired in empire space at all - fundamental mechanic that can't be changed on the fly,

....yeah, right.

I sincerely doubt it would require much more than flipping a single boolean field somewhere.
Abraham Nalelmir
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#27 - 2013-03-22 21:41:31 UTC
Quote:
1. DD can't be fired in empire space at all - fundamental mechanic that can't be changed on the fly,

Caps not supposed to be in empire space as well

In Go.. ECM I trust

Gabriel Karade
Coreli Corporation
Pandemic Legion
#28 - 2013-03-22 21:42:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Gabriel Karade
Namdor wrote:
Quote:

....yeah, right.

I sincerely doubt it would require much more than flipping a single boolean field somewhere.
Are you bestowed of "Dev-level" knowledge? no? - then shut up.

Technical details aside, you do know there are other ramifications beyond this 1 event in 1 system, of suddenly 'turning on' Empire based DD's on TQ, right?... Roll

Namdor
#29 - 2013-03-22 21:48:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Namdor
Gabriel Karade wrote:
Namdor wrote:
Quote:

....yeah, right.

...yeah, it's a computer program, dude. It's not magic.

It would be trivially easy to enable the Shiigeru's DD in high security without impacting anything else in the game.

http://www.imgjoe.com/x/computersrha.png

Oh, hey, lookie-there. Roll
Gosakumori Noh
Coven of One
#30 - 2013-03-22 21:49:06 UTC
If you want "scripted," perhaps an event where some ships fly in to the heart of the Federation and capture Luminaire's neighbor might fit the bill a *wee* bit more than a lone titan holding out in the heart of the Federation while orbiting Luminaire's neighbor.

Of course it was "scripted."

The war between the State and Federation is not going to play out according to the ephemeral wishes of (let's be honest, relatively small) segments of the player base. And that's just fine.

It's not like the Gallente aren't going to have their turn under the bat again soon enough.
iyammarrok
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#31 - 2013-03-22 21:54:24 UTC  |  Edited by: iyammarrok
Calathorn Virpio wrote:
Azami Nevinyrall wrote:
Well, the leaked video of a Dust battlefield littered with wreckage and, I dunno, a burning Caldari titan in the background, wasn't a hint?

that. and the fact the titan didn't shoot its doomsday ONCE

ccp didn't want to accidently make it possible for the caldari to winRoll

It did... at CONCORD.

a CONCORD battleship at that.

the Caldari admiral mentioned the Oblivion module was 'cooling down' after she shot him.

still confused as to how that occurred... i guess her crew were just that good of an aim... right?

as for the 'can't be fired in highsec' quote...

CONCORD limitations affect FREELANCE CAPSULEERS (meaning players)... of course the faction navies can use their own ships and modules in space. there are consequences... as i hope the Caldari Navy are soon to find out... after shooting a DED officer, i have a feeling there is going to be some form of CONCORD fallout regarding that.

or there bloody well should be at least.

Not indicative of corporate policy unless otherwise stated.

Gabriel Karade
Coreli Corporation
Pandemic Legion
#32 - 2013-03-22 21:55:58 UTC
Namdor wrote:
Gabriel Karade wrote:
Namdor wrote:
Quote:

....yeah, right.

...yeah, it's a computer program, dude. It's not magic.

It would be trivially easy to enable the Shiigeru's DD in high security without impacting anything else in the game.
If it had been as simple as you suggest, they would have DD'd the Concord ship rather than 'RP'ing' the firing of Oblivon in local channel.

But nope, clearly it must be a simple switch that the Dev's forgot about, because you, our resident 'expert' says so...

P.s you snipped the rest of my comment - what difference would 1 DD have made, oh right yes, bugger all.

Namdor
#33 - 2013-03-22 21:59:10 UTC
Gabriel Karade wrote:

P.s you snipped the rest of my comment - what difference would 1 DD have made, oh right yes, bugger all.

I didn't want to dilute the unadulterated idiocy inherent in the assertion that it is simply IMPOSSIBLE for CCP to fire a DD in high sec without destroying the very fabric of the Eve universe.
Gabriel Karade
Coreli Corporation
Pandemic Legion
#34 - 2013-03-22 22:04:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Gabriel Karade
Namdor wrote:
Gabriel Karade wrote:

I didn't want to dilute the unadulterated idiocy inherent in the assertion that it is simply IMPOSSIBLE for CCP to fire a DD in high sec without destroying the very fabric of the Eve universe.

I'll just quote myself here:

Quote:

Care to exaggerate more? And if this really were somehting that could be changed on the fly, it would have been done because they [Caldari] 'DD'd' the Concord special Ops BS... (but actually just talked about it in local after what was quite clearly a '/heal0')

Gabriel Karade
Coreli Corporation
Pandemic Legion
#35 - 2013-03-22 22:05:38 UTC
Anyhow getting back to the point: A truly 'scripted event’, would have occurred during downtime with no player involvement.

Or,
Involved invulnerable event actors, thus with no player involvement.

Or,
Event actors to which firing upon elicited a CONCORD response, with *lol* player involvement.

I also don’t understand the surprise at the FN holding the advantage in their own territory, particularly when the backstory goes into great detail about the disparity in size between the two navies. Even so, if the players involved had really wanted to, the outcome could have been very different… The OP appears to be mad just because it didn’t work out the way *he* wanted.

Namdor
#36 - 2013-03-22 22:13:53 UTC
Gabriel Karade wrote:
Namdor wrote:
Gabriel Karade wrote:

I'll just quote myself here:

Quote:

Care to exaggerate more? And if this really were somehting that could be changed on the fly, it would have been done because they [Caldari] 'DD'd' the Concord special Ops BS... (but actually just talked about it in local after what was quite clearly a '/heal0')

"They didn't, therefor they couldn't," is uniquely idiotic reasoning. They can quite obviously break any of the normal game rules with trivial ease, and do so all the time. There was a capital fleet fight in a 1.0 system today, maybe you heard about it. Normally not the kind of the thing that can happen but, lo and behold, it's almost like they don't have to actually do too much work to accomplish these kinds of things.

Ivan Ward
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#37 - 2013-03-22 22:22:59 UTC
Calathorn Virpio wrote:
how does a titan go from "shields nominal"

to "all hands abandon ship"

in 2 minutes unless it's scripted?

Dabigredboat might teach you something about losing capital ships and I'm pretty sure there's a thing or two concerning Titans in there as well.
I also think Tetania may contribute.

"Hot pilots we have problems too, we're just like you."

Calathorn Virpio
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#38 - 2013-03-22 22:27:03 UTC
Gabriel Karade wrote:
Anyhow getting back to the point: A truly 'scripted event’, would have occurred during downtime with no player involvement.

Or,
Involved invulnerable event actors, thus with no player involvement.

Or,
Event actors to which firing upon elicited a CONCORD response, with *lol* player involvement.

I also don’t understand the surprise at the FN holding the advantage in their own territory, particularly when the backstory goes into great detail about the disparity in size between the two navies. Even so, if the players involved had really wanted to, the outcome could have been very different… The OP appears to be mad just because it didn’t work out the way *he* wanted.

no just mad that it wasn't what CCP said it would be, an event were we the players decided what happened.

the accidental leak of the dying titan gave it away.

had the dev fleets been near evenly matched and the fight being totally determined by who all showed up and who they supported, i would have been fine with the outcome.

instead, no matter what we did, our titan still died. doesn't sound like we had much of a say in what happened after all

BRING BACK THE JUKEBOX

I attended the School of Hard Nocks, the only place you will ever learn anything of value, sadly most Americans never meet the requirments to attend

Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#39 - 2013-03-22 23:10:38 UTC
Calathorn Virpio wrote:

no just mad that it wasn't what CCP said it would be, an event were we the players decided what happened.

the accidental leak of the dying titan gave it away.

had the dev fleets been near evenly matched and the fight being totally determined by who all showed up and who they supported, i would have been fine with the outcome.

instead, no matter what we did, our titan still died. doesn't sound like we had much of a say in what happened after all

The player fleets resoundingly came down on the Gallente side, and you claim that therefore the titan destruction was scripted?
If you had massive capsuleer advantage on the Caldari side and the titan still went down, then you would have claim. Yet as it is it looks totally like players had say in the events, and they chose to say the Titan was going pop.
Unless you want to claim that those hundreds of players supporting the Gallente (One way or another) don't count.
Sobach
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#40 - 2013-03-22 23:24:41 UTC
not to mention it wouldn't make sense for the dev fleet to be "evenly matched", this is Gallente home turf, deal with it.