These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Dev Blog: The Battle for Caldari Prime

First post First post
Author
Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#161 - 2013-03-22 05:35:49 UTC
Vikarion wrote:
Octoven wrote:
Sooo what you are saying effectively is that CCP Falcon and other story devs are Gall fanboys and using the live event system as a means to finally purge caldari influence in Luminaire?

It doesn't matter whether they are dyed in the wool fanboys or not, though it looks that way. What matters is what they've done. It didn't start with the CP event, and it won't end with it. They've said they were going to "change things" before, and every time they do that, they have another event or storyline that goes after the Caldari and/or Amarr. Form your own conclusions.

But it's pretty clear that continuing to RP Caldari is basically asking to be CCP's punching bag. Why someone would like that is beyond me.

So.... The entire Black Eagles plot line that has Gallente shooting Gallente is going after the Caldari?
Really...... I'm amazed at you guys, you claim to be RP'ers and better than other MMO players.
Yet you whine worse than WoW players.
Vikarion
Doomheim
#162 - 2013-03-22 05:47:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Vikarion
Nevyn Auscent wrote:

So.... The entire Black Eagles plot line that has Gallente shooting Gallente is going after the Caldari?
Really...... I'm amazed at you guys, you claim to be RP'ers and better than other MMO players.

You mean that plotline that's basically two posts that got buried right away? The one where a couple soldiers killed another couple soldiers? Oh my, how horrible. What were the Caldari reported to be doing at the time? Oh, right, mass killings of civilians on Caldari Prime. And that's like, one of two negative stories on the Gallente in the last three years. I can't count the number of negative ones on the Caldari.

It might also be noted that nothing that the Federation does that is bad ever matters. It's like one person here or two people there, and they always have a justification for it. The few exceptions are natural disasters, but everyone gets those stories.

But when everyone is getting into DUST? Yeah, that's when they make sure that no one will want to sign up on the Caldari side for the next five years.
Udonor
Doomheim
#163 - 2013-03-22 07:50:46 UTC
If James 315 and others can get over 50K-100K capsuleers to attack CONCORD stations and ships during this crisis...will that be newsworthy enough of a grassroots rebellion in concert with this event to accelerate roleplaying the fall of CONCORD everywhere except around rookie systems?
Udonor
Doomheim
#164 - 2013-03-22 07:57:03 UTC
Vikarion wrote:
Nevyn Auscent wrote:

You mean that plotline that's basically two posts that got buried right away? The one where a couple soldiers killed another couple soldiers? Oh my, how horrible. What were the Caldari reported to be doing at the time? Oh, right, mass killings of civilians on Caldari Prime. And that's like, one of two negative stories on the Gallente in the last three years. I can't count the number of negative ones on the Caldari.

It might also be noted that nothing that the Federation does that is bad ever matters. It's like one person here or two people there, and they always have a justification for it. The few exceptions are natural disasters, but everyone gets those stories.

But when everyone is getting into DUST? Yeah, that's when they make sure that no one will want to sign up on the Caldari side for the next five years.

Hey I think its just a few folk who can't figure out that those stories are about political power shifting back to warhawks in both Empires. That is the true power holders of both sides (Caldari and Gallente) want war and there were a few peace chickens standing in the way on each side that had to be swept out of the way first.

That internal strife and preparation is now over and both Empires are ready for some serious war until its just knives left.
Turelus
Utassi Security
Second State
#165 - 2013-03-22 10:33:18 UTC
[10:16:17] Aquila Shadow > Deerin falcon came on and said everyone in system will get a suspect flag

If that's true, you just ruined any chance of this being an actual live event. You just made it a FFA killfest which will do nothing to help EVE story or Live Events.
I'm REALLY hoping they are wrong, I really want to believe that there are those in CCP who see the lore and story of the game as more than something to get 2000 players in a system shooting each other for no reason other than they can.

I will sit back and wait now but today will be the day that shows me if CCP are interested in story and the RP community or keeping the mass population of KM-whoring morons happy.

Turelus CEO Utassi Security

Laerise
PIE Inc.
Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris
#166 - 2013-03-22 11:34:34 UTC
Turelus wrote:
[10:16:17] Aquila Shadow > Deerin falcon came on and said everyone in system will get a suspect flag

If that's true, you just ruined any chance of this being an actual live event. You just made it a FFA killfest which will do nothing to help EVE story or Live Events.
I'm REALLY hoping they are wrong, I really want to believe that there are those in CCP who see the lore and story of the game as more than something to get 2000 players in a system shooting each other for no reason other than they can.

I will sit back and wait now but today will be the day that shows me if CCP are interested in story and the RP community or keeping the mass population of KM-whoring morons happy.

Bah, I guess that's the only thing we can do for now, sit back, relax, watch the fireworks and see how it goes.

Verone seems to be set on his path so all we can do is hope that caldari / amarr will get some "awesome cinematic events" as well. Blink
CCP Masterplan
C C P
C C P Alliance
#167 - 2013-03-22 12:04:21 UTC
As of DT today, the faction navy response in Luminaire has been deactivated. This means that members of Amarr and Caldari FW corps will not trigger a navy NPC response in the Luminaire system.
(This does NOT affect the police response to crimes and outlaws - CONCORD consequences will still be in effect for now)

"This one time, on patch day..."

@ccp_masterplan  |  Team Five-0: Rewriting the law

Spugg Galdon
Last Rites.
Villore Accords
#168 - 2013-03-22 12:12:31 UTC
CCP Masterplan wrote:
As of DT today, the faction navy response in Luminaire has been deactivated. This means that members of Amarr and Caldari FW corps will not trigger a navy NPC response in the Luminaire system.
(This does NOT affect the police response to crimes and outlaws - CONCORD consequences will still be in effect for now)

Wait, what? I thought this......

CCP Falcon wrote:

To clear up the most common question:

It's not physically possible to just "turn off" factional warfare NPCs, or the status of a system as a Factional Warfare system. Whether or not players decide they want to depart from the militia for a few days or not is entirely their own choice.

....meant this wasn't possible. Who is telling fibs?
CCP Affinity
C C P
C C P Alliance
#169 - 2013-03-22 12:14:25 UTC
Spugg Galdon wrote:
CCP Masterplan wrote:

CCP Falcon wrote:

It's not physically possible to just "turn off" factional warfare NPCs, or the status of a system as a Factional Warfare system. Whether or not players decide they want to depart from the militia for a few days or not is entirely their own choice.

War on the impossible ;) There will be 1 spawn of 4 NPCs that can easily be taken care of but the further spawns after the initial have been disabled. Hope this makes things a bit clearer and I hope to see some Caldari FW pilots defending their titan.

♥ CCP Affinity ♥

Follow me on Twitter

Game Designer for EVE Online

Team Astro Sparkle

tgl3
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#170 - 2013-03-22 12:15:45 UTC
CCP Masterplan wrote:
CONCORD consequences will still be in effect for now

Lol
Intex Encapor
#171 - 2013-03-22 12:19:39 UTC
ccp actually doing smth right, that's kinda new
CCP Masterplan
C C P
C C P Alliance
#172 - 2013-03-22 12:27:14 UTC
Spugg Galdon wrote:
CCP Masterplan wrote:

CCP Falcon wrote:

No-one was telling fibs. Falcon was going by what I originally told him. Since then I found a way to make some changes just for this event.

"This one time, on patch day..."

@ccp_masterplan  |  Team Five-0: Rewriting the law

Xray Nova
That's How We Roll
#173 - 2013-03-22 12:29:45 UTC
check contracts in luminaire for a gank thrasher package. 162 t1 thrashers with fittsing sof rgank arty, dual sebo + long point, or triple sebo for fast locking pod killers.

500M, works out to +3M/thrasher. go gogogogogogogo
CCP Explorer
C C P
C C P Alliance
#174 - 2013-03-22 12:32:20 UTC
CCP Masterplan wrote:

To expand a bit on the above reply:

DISABLED: Faction Navy.

The Faction Navy will not respond in Luminaire regardless of your faction status with the Gallente Federation, e.g., regardless of if you are allied with opposing factions.

NOT DISABLED, still in full effect: Faction Police and CONCORD.

The Faction Police is still operating and will respond if pilots with a bad security status enter the system (note, your security status is your standings with CONCORD). Since Luminaire is a 1.0 system then pilots with a security status of -2.0 or worse will be attacked by the Faction Police. For more details, please read http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Security_status#Security_Status_and_Traveling_Restrictions

CONCORD is also still operating and will respond to criminal acts with deadly force. For more details on Crimewatch and CONCORD's response, please read http://community.eveonline.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&nbid=73443

Erlendur S. Thorsteinsson | Senior Development Director | EVE Online // CCP Games | @CCP_Explorer

Marcus Elius
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#175 - 2013-03-22 12:37:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Marcus Elius
That kinda sucks, most people who've been doing FW have naturally low security status due to having to engage suspicious neutrals in losec, so they're still disproportionally banned from the event.
Colt Blackhawk
Doomheim
#176 - 2013-03-22 12:47:53 UTC
And again total fail by CCP.
Nullsec peeps have the possibility to not kick their sec status.
FW pilots WILL kick their sec status due to living in low sec and dealing with pirates every day.
That means most people from fw can´t participate.
Fail fail fail.

[09:04:53] Ashira Twilight > Plant the f****** amarr flag and s*** on their smoking wrecks.

Lfod Shi
Lfod's Ratting and Salvage
#177 - 2013-03-22 12:51:51 UTC
I guess the lesson here is: If you want to be a part of Hi-Sec shenanigans, don't be evil. Cause, effect, etc...

♪ They'll always be bloodclaws to me ♫

Colt Blackhawk
Doomheim
#178 - 2013-03-22 12:54:24 UTC
Quote:
I guess the lesson here is: If you want to be a part of Hi-Sec shenanigans, don't be evil. Cause, effect, etc...

I think you have absolutely no clue^^
Fighting pirates= loosing sec status. Sorry that you are not common to pvp.

[09:04:53] Ashira Twilight > Plant the f****** amarr flag and s*** on their smoking wrecks.

Caellach Marellus
Stormcrows
#179 - 2013-03-22 12:56:32 UTC
Not sure why Nullsec should have sec issues, it's not like you lose anything shooting out there.

Still the announcement was yesterday, people have taken the time to rat up their sec status back to over -2.0. If you haven't then your loss. /shrug

EVE has consequences, enjoy!

When your gut instincts tell you something is wrong, trust them. When your heart tells you something is right, ignore it, check with your brain first. Accept nothing, challenge everything.

skyppye
SUNDERING
Goonswarm Federation
#180 - 2013-03-22 12:58:39 UTC
"With Luminaire being a hotbed of activity in New Eden today, we will be ensuring server stability by having a population cap of 1000 players today, March 22nd. This cap has already been enacted, but we will be dynamically altering it as the server load requires and raising it if everything runs smoothly."

FAIL
Never imagined a game with tens of thousands of subscriptions capping a game wide event at 1000 players...even Jita can support more than that:(