These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Live Events Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

For the Caldari Prime event PLEASE keep this in mind.

First post
Author
Helene Chenal
Offensive Upholder
#21 - 2013-03-22 00:55:28 UTC
Been waiting for this for years, but I guess CCP hasn't discovered America yet.
Xindi Kraid
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#22 - 2013-03-22 02:02:52 UTC
Won't anyone please think of the Canadians?
Pancake King
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#23 - 2013-03-22 02:11:29 UTC
Helene Chenal wrote:
Been waiting for this for years, but I guess CCP hasn't discovered America yet.

DT is in the middle of my prime time gaming EVERY DAY. When America is happy to put up with that, I'll happily support you getting a better bite of the cherry for events. But as we have NO access to events, DT interrupted nights EVERY night (if you think it's not a big deal, try scanning down a WH chain with DT in the middle of it) and ****** lag, I think I'll go with a 'tough luck' on this one.

Calathorn Virpio
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#24 - 2013-03-22 02:31:40 UTC
well, they had to put DT somewhere.......

BRING BACK THE JUKEBOX

I attended the School of Hard Nocks, the only place you will ever learn anything of value, sadly most Americans never meet the requirments to attend

Ayuren Aakiwa
When i Look Up At The Stars I Am Filled With Rage
#25 - 2013-03-22 02:41:47 UTC
I just hope there is something done to the faction navies/police. So all of us low sec dwelling squids can come fight the good fight Lol
Sabriz Adoudel
Move along there is nothing here
#26 - 2013-03-22 03:27:43 UTC
Great, now you've got me asking myself the question - what damage would a Titan cause if it fell into a sea?

SPOILER ALERT: THE EMPYREAN AGE

I can see many scenarios in my mind that the Caldari would call victory that would involve the Titan getting popped. Remember how the Caldari Prime conflict was started - by Templis Dragonaurs posing as Gallenteans and inflicting moderate military losses upon the Caldari forces there. An apparent Gallente military victory does not mean a defeat for Heth.

I support the New Order and CODE. alliance. www.minerbumping.com

Xindi Kraid
#27 - 2013-03-22 04:29:56 UTC
Can someone please kill that bastard already?
Let a respectable Caldari citizen take over.
Dex Nederland
Lai Dai Infinity Systems
The Fourth District
#28 - 2013-03-22 04:45:15 UTC
Ayuren Aakiwa wrote:
I just hope there is something done to the faction navies/police. So all of us low sec dwelling squids can come fight the good fight Lol

It has been stated there will not be any adjustments to in space mechanics.

CCP Falcon wrote:
To clear up the most common question:

It's not physically possible to just "turn off" factional warfare NPCs, or the status of a system as a Factional Warfare system. Whether or not players decide they want to depart from the militia for a few days or not is entirely their own choice.

Link
William Loire
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#29 - 2013-03-22 04:49:02 UTC
Xindi Kraid wrote:

Or we could return to the good old days when the State's loose governance by multiple mega corporations was a strikingly refreshing concept instead of continuing this space fascist trope.
Xray Nova
That's How We Roll
#30 - 2013-03-22 04:57:01 UTC
162 gank thrashers ready to go. buy them up for just ~3M each in the package. Available on public contract now right there in Luminaire.

500M total.

Located in Luminaire III (Astrin) - Moon 1 - Duvolle Laboratories Factory

Set yourself up for ganking pods and frigates, or just a wolfpack of cheap arty dessies to take down cruisers and above. This is a very effective fit in lowsec for catching frigates and pods on gates. Should be alot of fun during the live event :)

1 x LOT of:
162 x Thrasher
1,134 x 280mm Howitzer Artillery I
486 x Sensor Booster I
486 x Scan Resolution Script
162 x Warp Disruptor I
324 x Gyrostabilizer I
100,000 x EMP S
100,000 x Phased Plasma S

Price for the LOT: 500M obo.
works out to 3.08M per fit thrasher. Ships are currently packaged for shipment. NOT PREFIT

you have enough to make all of them a triple-sebo for ultra-fast lock, or dual-sebo w/long point
Xindi Kraid
#31 - 2013-03-22 05:19:32 UTC
William Loire wrote:
Xindi Kraid wrote:

Or we could return to the good old days when the State's loose governance by multiple mega corporations was a strikingly refreshing concept instead of continuing this space fascist trope.

Well, there's always been a leadership position. It just wasn't filled with a despot and his band of terrorists trying to control the corporations themselves.
Calathorn Virpio
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#32 - 2013-03-22 05:23:28 UTC
Xindi Kraid wrote:
William Loire wrote:
Xindi Kraid wrote:

Well, there's always been a leadership position. It just wasn't filled with a despot and his band of terrorists trying to control the corporations themselves.

yup, so true caldari have enemies on both sides now. the gallente that drove us from our homeworld, and tibus heth, who seems hell bent on destroying our way of life

BRING BACK THE JUKEBOX

I attended the School of Hard Nocks, the only place you will ever learn anything of value, sadly most Americans never meet the requirments to attend

Simon Louvaki
Khaldari InnoTektoniks and Analytical Solutions
#33 - 2013-03-22 05:25:27 UTC
Xindi Kraid wrote:

The Executor position didn't exist until the creation of CPD. Prior to that the Caldari Megacorps ruled via the Caldari Executive Panel.

-- "The weak of mind are quick to judge with slightest tempt; Thus fools go forth to spread false word." - The Scriptures, Book of Trials 2:13 - 2:21

--"At the narrow passage, there is no brother and no friend." - Hyasyoda Proverb

Dex Nederland
Lai Dai Infinity Systems
The Fourth District
#34 - 2013-03-22 05:29:19 UTC
Simon Louvaki wrote:
Xindi Kraid wrote:

The Executor position didn't exist until the creation of CPD. Prior to that the Caldari Megacorps ruled via the Caldari Executive Panel.

That structure has "nominally" continued to exist despite Heth & the CPD's growth over time (and recent explosion of powers backed by the CN).

I have argued at different times in the past that the CPD's power was less than many thought due to their inability to prevent intra-State conflicts.
Kagura Nikon
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#35 - 2013-03-22 10:52:02 UTC
Vincent Athena wrote:
Ive said it in other threads, and I'll say it here: A crashed Titan may not equal Gallente victory. The Caldari could have replacement Titans. For all we know the Gallente will have to take out 6 Titans to get victory. If they only take out 5, CCP gets 5 districts with their crashed Titan background and Caldari Prime remains in Caldari hands.

The systems are jammed. The titan got there on first place just because or the Gallente admiral treason combined with The Thukker fleet hammering down concord headquarters in yulai in the most epic gank in eve history!

"If brute force does not solve your problem....  then you are  surely not using enough!"

Kagura Nikon
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#36 - 2013-03-22 10:55:55 UTC
Ayuren Aakiwa wrote:

do you know you can travel very EASILY ignoring the police right? You just cannot stay long at the gates. Geesh.. so many people complaining of a problem that does not even exist.

"If brute force does not solve your problem....  then you are  surely not using enough!"

Karaena Eli Hakoke
Cyber Dragoons
Cyber Dragoons Alliance
#37 - 2013-03-22 12:26:19 UTC
Xindi Kraid wrote:
Won't anyone please think of the Canadians?

In my earlier post, I was just talking about the timezone, as it is known internationally, but I am Canadian as well... too bad it isn't known as CA TZ... :P
Andreus Ixiris
Duty.
Stay Feral
#38 - 2013-03-22 12:39:24 UTC
Aquila Shadow wrote:
Even if its not a scripted event the Caldari are going to be ridiculously outnumbered in this fight as the majority of people who would support the Titan are either involved in FW and/or have a really low Gallente Federation sec status meaning that they will be shot at by the OP police rats. Meanwhile on the Gallente side they will have all the Gallente RPers plus a massive amount of FDU pilots plus whatever Matari pilots have the time/sec status to access Luminaire plus all the random scrubs that live in Gallente space coming in screaming "FOR THE FEDERATION". Add on top of that the fact that RP wise the Caldari cant cyno in any capital class ships without knocking out the CONCORD network again were as the Federation can jump in as many capital ships as they want.

Lets face it, short of a major null-sec alliance or two coming to the aid of the Caldari you will all be reading how the Federation gloriously re-took Caldari Prime from the evil provists in the next news article.

Caldari roleplayers don't deserve any better.

Andreus Ixiris > A Civire without a chin is barely a Civire at all.

Pieter Tuulinen > He'd be Civirely disadvantaged, Andreus.

Andreus Ixiris > ...

Andreus Ixiris > This is why we're at war.

Ayuren Aakiwa
When i Look Up At The Stars I Am Filled With Rage
#39 - 2013-03-22 14:03:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Ayuren Aakiwa
Dex Nederland wrote:
Ayuren Aakiwa wrote:

It has been stated there will not be any adjustments to in space mechanics.

CCP Falcon wrote:
To clear up the most common question:

It's not physically possible to just "turn off" factional warfare NPCs, or the status of a system as a Factional Warfare system. Whether or not players decide they want to depart from the militia for a few days or not is entirely their own choice.

Link

WELP it could have been fun What?

EDIT: to the guy saying to just ignore the navy/police, it is just extra dps putting more pressure on fleet, and with faction police anyone with bad security status is limited to a frigate essentially. It may not affect tarvelling and what not but if there is a fight it certainly would make an impact...
Dex Nederland
Lai Dai Infinity Systems
The Fourth District
#40 - 2013-03-22 14:09:05 UTC
It appears an adjustment has been made.

Quote:
CCP Masterplan has made an additional adjustment for the Luminaire system by disabling the faction navy in the system, so that pilots with low Gallente standing will be able to enter the system. CONCORD and faction police will continue to do their jobs for now. Read his forum post here, and refer to CCP Explorer's post here for even more detailed information.
Previous page123Next page